Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Janine's Story

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Me neither. I don't particularly like hot dogs to begin with.

I looove funnel cake. Always have to get it when I go to the fair. 

And extra gooey cheese curds ....and ...... and ...... .  I also love going through the 4H barns and seeing the animals they raised and all the other fun of a county fair.  

• Love 1

90 Day the Other Way last season was my gateway show, then I watched Pillow Talk after this season's episodes, and some Happily Ever After plus Pillow Talk for that, and now I'm hooked.    They're a lot of fun to snark at too.

I'm so sick of Janine's panic attacks, and crying without tears.      Instead of moving everything to Houston, she should have filled garbage bags of all of the junk in that house, and she could have weeded out at least half of it.    So, she's only taking some stuff?   It would have been cheaper to buy new stuff in Houston for what she needed, and just get a 10 x 10 storage unit for the keepsakes, unless she was never intending to return to Seattle.  

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

And extra gooey cheese curds ....and ...... and ...... .  I also love going through the 4H barns and seeing the animals they raised and all the other fun of a county fair.  

Went to the county fair a few years ago and they had cheesecake on a stick...just a regular, triangular slice of cheesecake...on a stick...covered in warm chocolate sauce. Wisely, they also put it on a plate because the stick could not hold it long enough to eat it. Soooo good. (I have a remote coworker in Minnesota, and he once did a whole photo collection from the MN state fair of foods on sticks. It became a running joke.)

Also there was a pair of chickens, one black with white speckles and the other brown with black speckles, named Oreo and Chips Ahoy. 😄 

• Love 3

Hello Pounders! It's been a while, but I couldn't miss out on Janine redux. She's unforgettable for so many reasons -- the scooter ride through the Mickey D's drive-up window, the airport meltdown, the application of canned whipped cream directly to her taste buds, the beach ball between her legs, and her generally whiney, shitty attitude.

My eating habit was a strawberry salad from Panera accompanied by some well-chilled rose. Mostly heathy.

Recovery from surgery has gone very well. I had my 5 week follow-up yesterday and got the okay to start working out with a trainer and ride my bike. Still have to wait a few more weeks before getting in the kayak.

• Love 4

Since I've had panic attacks before I totally get how scary and debilitating they can be so no criticism of Janine having one. However, isn't there some way of getting a prescription for a limited amount of anti-anxiety medication from her primary care physician? Actually, I really think that Dr. Now ought to be able to do that but probably doesn't want to since he hasn't examined her yet.

Also, I wonder if it would have helped to give a heads up to the airline just as one would for a physical disability?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Oh! And cheese fries and ice cold homemade lemonade!

"I can't do it!" What's your option, jump?

• Love 3
(edited)

Janine running into that man at the airport, and then whining when he objected was so rude of her.  

Hunky fire guys and EMTs, my life is complete.   I hate how three of them had to scoot her over in the seat.  That's hell on your back.  

Now airborne, and faking tears again.   She'll do anything for attention from the most people she can get.    Dallas EMTS, and medics are really working hard for her.   Six men to get her out of the seat, and on a carrier.    She definitely studied acting at the James K. school of dramatics.   

So the sister-in-law thanks everyone, but Janine just lays there and whines about herself. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Janine running into that man at the airport, and then whining when he objected was so rude of her.  

Hunky fire guys and EMTs, my life is complete.   I hate how three of them had to scoot her over in the seat.  That's hell on your back.  

Now airborne, and faking tears again.   She'll do anything for attention from the most people she can get.    Dallas EMTS, and medics are really working hard for her.   Six men to get her out of the seat, and on a carrier.    She definitely studied acting at the James K. school of dramatics.   

I was just thinking the same thing about her taking acting lessons from James K's "Owwwwwwwwwww My Laig" School of Melodrama.

If it takes six hunky EMTs and firefighters to move your ass from an airplane seat to a gurney, maybe you should reconsider your habit of squirting canned whipped topping directly into your gaping maw. I was also hoping that someone, anyone would throw a blanket over her lower half to shield people's eyes from that ginormous beaver featuring the ginormous mass between her legs.

Most of these poundticipants seem to have lost all sense of modesty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Sooooooooo I'm a bit confused. Did the plane just land in Dallas but the next stop was Houston? You mean there was no direct flight from wherever the Hell she's from and Houston? Also, how she was seated did look painful so why not pay extra for first class? It's gotta cost her even more for the ambulance, emergency room, transport to Houston, and God knows what other medical charges, even with insurance.

Also wanted to say that it was priceless that she had the nerve to mention to her sister-in-law that, among other reasons for landing in the emergency room, she hadn't had anything to EAT! Hahaha!😆

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

90 Day the Other Way last season was my gateway show, then I watched Pillow Talk after this season's episodes, and some Happily Ever After plus Pillow Talk for that, and now I'm hooked.    They're a lot of fun to snark at too.

I'm so sick of Janine's panic attacks, and crying without tears.      Instead of moving everything to Houston, she should have filled garbage bags of all of the junk in that house, and she could have weeded out at least half of it.    So, she's only taking some stuff?   It would have been cheaper to buy new stuff in Houston for what she needed, and just get a 10 x 10 storage unit for the keepsakes, unless she was never intending to return to Seattle.  

Same here, started with Other Way last year, swore I’d never watch again, then got so bored that I watch HEA (just in case Pole runs or they discover his cache of murder victims) and Pillow Talk.  

Had to mute the Scooter Queen, knew it was her straight away as the (second) plane scene was in front of me when I turned on the television.  

My eating habits are atrocious, tonight I had salad, popcorn, nuts, and scotch.  Way too much of them, and my body does not tolerate carbs well at all so my continued consumption is just insanity.  If I don’t stop soon I may have to start researching bariatric surgeons.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think she was flying Southwest, and Seattle to Dallas to Houston is standard for their routes.   I don't remember why, but I think they didn't have non-stops when this was filmed.   

And now the phony crying meltdown at the first weigh in.    If she thinks that will make Cassandra comfort her, she's wrong.    

I just don't understand why Experian Boost has a purple dairy cow, and John Sena advertising for them.   The one they just showed with the two lounging by the fire place was bizarre.  

Janine's whining would make Gandhi want to slap her.   I keep wanting to see what a lunge whip would do to get her moving.   And as my parents used to threaten, "Give her something to cry about".  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

Hello Pounders! It's been a while, but I couldn't miss out on Janine redux. She's unforgettable for so many reasons -- the scooter ride through the Mickey D's drive-up window, the airport meltdown, the application of canned whipped cream directly to her taste buds, the beach ball between her legs, and her generally whiney, shitty attitude.

My eating habit was a strawberry salad from Panera accompanied by some well-chilled rose. Mostly heathy.

Recovery from surgery has gone very well. I had my 5 week follow-up yesterday and got the okay to start working out with a trainer and ride my bike. Still have to wait a few more weeks before getting in the kayak.

Hi @ShoePrincess. Didn't know you needed to have surgery but glad you're recovering and able to snark with us tonight! Keep getting better.😍

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hi @ShoePrincess. Didn't know you needed to have surgery but glad you're recovering and able to snark with us tonight! Keep getting better.😍

I had a cyst on my lower spine that was pinching my sciatic nerve and causing lots of pain. Having it removed brought instant pain relief. Now it's just a matter of getting back into my normal routines and losing those extra pounds accumulated from being inactive. The poundticipants give me some motivation. I swear you will never see me riding a scooter to the Mickey D's pick-up window.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Since I've had panic attacks before I totally get how scary and debilitating they can be so no criticism of Janine having one. However, isn't there some way of getting a prescription for a limited amount of anti-anxiety medication from her primary care physician? Actually, I really think that Dr. Now ought to be able to do that but probably doesn't want to since he hasn't examined her yet.

It's probably not that uncommon to get a few anti-anxiety pills for a plane trip.

I love the chipper tone in her voice when she tells Dr. Now she feels good about having lost 15 pounds...when her goal was 100. Then looks surprised when he isn't as happy with that as she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Dr. Now put her in the hospital to save her life, and she's whining about the food!    That's pathetic.     I guess the dieticians won't send her cans of whipped creme to empty into that giant mouth of hers. 

Bulimic!     She's a total idiot to think anyone will believe that.  

So she lost 118 lbs, plus the 15 from before, and totals 133 lbs, and still looks just as big.   

Remember the gastric balloon swallowing is coming up and that was a hard one for me to watch.   I love how I can see giant festing infections, lymphedema, and Dr. Now playing with the stomachs he removes, but swallowing the balloon makes me queasy.

The niece isn't exactly tiny either.   The niece needs to lay off the eyebrow makeup, or whatever she did to her brows.  

If Jake 2.0 from the State Farm commercial eats all of the that food, and the gallon of ranch dressing, he's going to need the XL Khakis, and Red Shirt.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ShoePrincess said:

I had a cyst on my lower spine that was pinching my sciatic nerve and causing lots of pain. Having it removed brought instant pain relief. Now it's just a matter of getting back into my normal routines and losing those extra pounds accumulated from being inactive. The poundticipants give me some motivation. I swear you will never see me riding a scooter to the Mickey D's pick-up window.

Oh wow, that does sound painful; I have severe lower back pain myself. So happy that your operation was a success.

That drive thru scene never gets old, LOL!😆

Oh snap, here's where she thinks she's bulimic and that NOT eating is a problem! 😯 Sheez.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Oh wow, that does sound painful; I have severe lower back pain myself. So happy that your operation was a success.

That drive thru scene never gets old, LOL!😆

Oh snap, here's where she thinks she's bulimic and that NOT eating is a problem! 😯 Sheez.

To borrow a line from Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, "What a deludanoid!"

• LOL 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Dr. Now put her in the hospital to save her life, and she's whining about the food!    That's pathetic.     I guess the dieticians won't send her cans of whipped creme to empty into that giant mouth of hers. 

Bulimic!     She's a total idiot to think anyone will believe that.  

So she lost 118 lbs, plus the 15 from before, and totals 133 lbs, and still looks just as big.   

Remember the gastric balloon swallowing is coming up and that was a hard one for me to watch.   I love how I can see giant festing infections, lymphedema, and Dr. Now playing with the stomachs he removes, but swallowing the balloon makes me queasy.

The niece isn't exactly tiny either.   

She really is a big crybaby. Since she's lost a total of 133 pounds AND had her infection taken care, why is there still all the huffing and puffing and eye squinting whenever she has to exert herself to do anything, except eat of course? Heh heh, I had actually forgotten about the gastric balloon scene; I'll hold your hand as we watch it together.

Wait, she GAINED 63 pounds!? I had forgotten that too! Anyone one want to form a bitch slapping conga line with me? 

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 3
(edited)

You would think her extensive experience chugging an entire can of whipped creme would help her with swallowing the capsule.   So she gets a balloon, and now she's still whining.   She should consult Karina about eating a lot with a balloon in her stomach.  

So she gained about 8 lbs a week for two months? 

Did the niece help Janine with her makeup?   They really hosed it on, didn't they? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I don't know how anyone swallows that balloon. I have trouble swallowing tylenol tablets. Blech.

If you think that's bad @Chicklet imagine having a less than sensitive nurse or physician's assistant or whatever she was shoving tubing into your nostril, down the back of your throat and into your stomach. That was torture. I had a bowel blockage and they needed to do that diagnostic pre-op. Bad memories.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 1