Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.a6232f6fd41d017ec9bba264f69c5b58.jpg

Did they both try out for DCC last year?  If so how far did they get?  I don't see them on last years finals list.  

Were they both DMD for only one year?

Raegan was a DMD for 2 seasons and then retired to audition for the DCC.  Meredith auditioned for a 2nd season but didn't make it back.  I don't know if she tried for a 3rd time (DMD) last year. They both ended up on the AAIA.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

Audition dates:

Dates

Registration Deadline
May 2, 2018

Preliminary Auditions
May 5, 2018

Semi-Final Auditions
May 6, 2018

Finalists Interview
May 10, 2018

Final Auditions
May 11, 2018

First Meeting
June 4, 2018

Looks like they move the finalists interview to 5/10 Thursday, and final auditions to 5/11 Friday. Usually they have interviews on Friday and final auditions on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Audition dates:

Dates

Registration Deadline
May 2, 2018

Preliminary Auditions
May 5, 2018

Semi-Final Auditions
May 6, 2018

Finalists Interview
May 10, 2018

Final Auditions
May 11, 2018

First Meeting
June 4, 2018

Looks like they move the finalists interview to 5/10 Thursday, and final auditions to 5/11 Friday. Usually they have interviews on Friday and final auditions on Saturday.

When did they change that?

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Must have been the last few months or when they decided to do the calendar shoot until after tryouts and before TC starts. May is going to be interesting.

Thank you for the up date

I hope Christina makes it back. She annoyed me in season 9 and it annoyed me how many times she said it was her 5th year trying out, but I think she has improved a great deal. I thought she performed well from all the times I saw her dancing with her group and I think she has a chance to get even better.  I am hoping for many talented dancers to come out of nowhere and to be able to add back that element to the team and to show group. I have not seen any tumblers on the team in a long time and they used to have so many. I want so bad for Bess to return, she is a great performer and has the kind of showmanship that makes the DCC fun to watch. I am glad Lacey is returning and think she will be a great pillar for the squad.  I hope Selina has gotten her bod back to the way she looked when she first auditioned or I am afraid she will not make it back this year. Going to be interesting this year with so many faves going bye bye.

• Love 5

Savannah is one of the only redheads and I noticed she was in the Cowboys Fit ads on Instagram. So as long as she’s a relatively okay dancer, I think she will make it back. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Tootie said:

Kelsey has an InstaStory showing audition costumes at Dallaswear.  She wrote "Oh snap, what time is it!?"   .... fingers crossed!!

I know I saw that I hope she re auditions 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Holly85 said:
6 hours ago, Tootie said:

Kelsey has an InstaStory showing audition costumes at Dallaswear.  She wrote "Oh snap, what time is it!?"   .... fingers crossed!!

I know I saw that I hope she re auditions 

Unless she's just modeling the outfits.

• Love 1

I cannot see Kelsey giving up all of that time traveling with Broadie or being with him for the rigorous schedule demanded by DCC. I mean, would you? She’s lived her DCC dream for two seasons and now has the chance to travel the world with the man of her dreams. I know what I would do. I’d be shocked if she comes back, but stranger things have happened!  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Unless she's just modeling the outfits.

Dallaswear was giving away free outfits last night at Stephanie's class at Power House Of Dance.  Kelsey might have been taking Stephanie's class.  She would never wear Dallaswear for her solo and she is a vet so she wouldn't need anything from Dallaswear.  She was just teasing all of us.  

21 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

She would never wear Dallaswear for her solo and she is a vet so she wouldn't need anything from Dallaswear.

They don't get their finals costumes from places like this?

5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

They don't get their finals costumes from places like this?

They are not really solo costumes they are more audition type costumes.  Plus the things Dallaswear would bring to Stephanie's class would be sample outfits and most girls would  want to pick out their own design and colors.  I think Dallaswear is just there really to advertise.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1

She was there at the dance class too, so maybe she is auditioning again. There’s still time to throw a solo together, and yeah dallas wear is practice style uniforms the new girls would use, not vets coming into finals. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I cannot see Kelsey giving up all of that time traveling with Broadie or being with him for the rigorous schedule demanded by DCC. I mean, would you? She’s lived her DCC dream for two seasons and now has the chance to travel the world with the man of her dreams. I know what I would do. I’d be shocked if she comes back, but stranger things have happened!  

Personally, no. Granted, they've been together for an entire season, so they know what to expect..so it wouldn't be foreign. On the other hand, they are newly engaged (not that that REALLY means much) so they'd probably just want to spend extra time together. I guess we'll see.

There is just a small window of time in life to be a DCC.   Kelsey and her man have the rest of their lives to be married.   But it's her decision I know.   I guess keeping fans wondering is all part of the "marketing" of their lives.

• Love 2

Kelsey being a two-year girl wouldn’t surprise me even if she wasn’t newly engaged. I certainly don’t know her or any of the girls, so this is speculation. However, with some girls, you get the sense that DCC has really been woven into the fabric of their lives and is part of their identity. With others, it just seems like it’s a job or a dream that they had, but once they achieve it and have lived the life for a year or 2, they’re ready to move on to the next adventure. I don’t think either perspective is better or worse than the other, but I would put Kelsey in the latter category. Again, I may be wrong (i certainly have been regarding other girls in the past), but I never pegged her as a 4 or 5 year girl. 

• Love 9

I see nothing wrong with Kelsey wanting to end it at two years even if she was not recently engaged. I can understand girls not wanting to make being a DCC their total life. Sure we all get a little sad or disappointed when girls we like decide to say goodbye to being a DCC, but it is their life, and it is nice to see girls not being so focus on being a DCC and have a real life outside of the DCC organization.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Kelsey being a two-year girl wouldn’t surprise me even if she wasn’t newly engaged. I certainly don’t know her or any of the girls, so this is speculation. However, with some girls, you get the sense that DCC has really been woven into the fabric of their lives and is part of their identity. With others, it just seems like it’s a job or a dream that they had, but once they achieve it and have lived the life for a year or 2, they’re ready to move on to the next adventure. I don’t think either perspective is better or worse than the other, but I would put Kelsey in the latter category. Again, I may be wrong (i certainly have been regarding other girls in the past), but I never pegged her as a 4 or 5 year girl. 

That is a really good way to put it in perspective!

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

Called it on Kelsey ;-)

I wonder where all the people trying out are hiding! Are they not working out and tagging, I’m subscribed to the @road todcc hashtags and nothing comes up!

People are super secretive to post nowadays! A page or two back you’ll find my current list of girls that we have found trying out so far :)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kind of sounds like she will be going to college.  If so good for her.

Yes, someone commented and said “so glad you chose UT.” University of Tampa I am assuming. Which means we probably won’t be seeing her again. Unless it’s 4 years from now

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Roo22 said:

Yes, someone commented and said “so glad you chose UT.” University of Tampa I am assuming. Which means we probably won’t be seeing her again. Unless it’s 4 years from now

Good for her. I really liked her even though she obviously needed more time. I feel like if she does come back she could be tbe it girl. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

UT afaik usually refers to University of Texas

Not if you are from Tampa.  I lived there for years and everyone referred to the University of Tampa as "UT".

• Love 2
1 minute ago, edelweiss said:

Not if you are from Tampa.  I lived there for years and everyone referred to the University of Tampa as "UT".

I think I was thinking more along the lines of depending on where she lives. It makes sense if she lives in Florida. If you live in Texas, UT is University of Texas. If you live in Florida I could see if being Tampa. 

3 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I think I was thinking more along the lines of depending on where she lives. It makes sense if she lives in Florida. If you live in Texas, UT is University of Texas. If you live in Florida I could see if being Tampa. 

That's true but she is from New Jersey (I think? I know it is somewhere in the northeast).  Since she said that she is moving to Tampa for 4 years, it makes sense that she is referring to the University of Tampa when she referred to "UT". 

Just now, edelweiss said:

That's true but she is from New Jersey (I think? I know it is somewhere in the northeast).  Since she said that she is moving to Tampa for 4 years, it makes sense that she is referring to the University of Tampa when she referred to "UT". 

That definitely makes sense, I misinterpreted based on the fact that my work computer blocks the instagram image and I can only see captions.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

That definitely makes sense, I misinterpreted based on the fact that my work computer blocks the instagram image and I can only see captions.

Well since you can’t see, it’s a picture of a beach and tagged “Tampa Florida” ?

10 hours ago, Roo22 said:

Maybe she'll do like Kalli Fullerton did; go to school and then come back and try again.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

Called it on Kelsey ;-)

I wonder where all the people trying out are hiding! Are they not working out and tagging, I’m subscribed to the @road todcc hashtags and nothing comes up!

So, how many retirees does this make?