Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

To be honest, that's not my problem. I know neither CH nor WH did their own stunts, they were very blatant and upfront about it. I don't care if an actor does or doesn't do their own stunts. What bugs me and why I single Laurel/KC out is because unlike the other actors who blatantly admit they don't do stunts, KC tries to pretend she does way more than she actually does. That's why I point it out and mock it. If she was just honest like Colton and said she's really not good at that stuff so Atlin does all/most of the stunts I'd be OK with it. Instead KC tries to come off as if she's does as much as CL and/or SA and that's just such a blatant fabrication that it annoys me.

All she has ever said is that she doesn't want her stunt person to have to do all the stunts.

Finally watched the LoT trailer.  Yeah, even if the show didn't feature Ray, I don't think I'd watch cause I'm really not keen on the time traveling aspect of LoT.  Wow, the guy who plays Vandal Savage looks super cheesy to me.  Hope he's not another major casting fail (see Ghul, Ra's al).  Keep in mind that I have no knowledge of comics whatsoever, but for some reason, I thought that Hawkgirl and Hawkman were brother and sister!  Whoopsie.  I'm also a bit worried about the acting ability of the young guy who is playing the other half of Firestorm.  I don't know who he is, and I've never seen him in anything, but he was a bit iffy in that trailer.  Arthur Darvill seems to be playing the role of Rip Hunter a bit overdramatic...he wasn't like that in the other shows I've seen him in.  

Imo.. The problem with Laurel is that KC is very upright and a bit rigid (not really an insult more ballet trained) and her double moves so different. You can just see the difference in the movement. They need to move the same.

Wasn't there that bizarre interview where KC talked about how she asked Atlin Mitchell to move like Sara because Laurel and Sara are sisters or some such nonsense?  I guess Atlin is just doing as she was asked.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

Imo.. The problem with Laurel is that KC is very upright and a bit rigid (not really an insult more ballet trained) and her double moves so different. You can just see the difference in the movement. They need to move the same.....

Wasn't there that bizarre interview where KC talked about how she asked Atlin Mitchell to move like Sara because Laurel and Sara are sisters or some such nonsense?  I guess Atlin is just doing as she was asked.

That may be the case but for the love of all that is holy is there nobody on this show, at any stage of the proceedings, no stunt choreographer, stunt co-ordinator, director, producer, writer, show runner, or editor who can take a look at the final product and say that this makes no sense? Arrow stunts have sadly declined quite badly in quality since s2. The Ra's/Oliver fight was particularly bad and almost everything that followed has been sadly lacking but this is pretty basic stuff that the show used to get right, expecting their audience to just turn a blind eye to it now is ridiculous.

• Love 2

So Atlin is fighting like Caity is the Black Canary? That is making those transitions look really awkward. Good to know. 

Season 1 and 2 had CL, MB and KL who have all had stunt training, the transitions were probably much easier since the actors can do similar moves to get to the transition. 

Hawkgirl and Hawkman are married, they have been for centuries. They just keep dying and being reborn, with the curse being Hawkman remembers all his past lives while Hawkgirl does not. I am interested in Hawkgirl because she and Sara are the only women on the show. I could do without Hawkman being around this early. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Finally watched the LoT trailer. Yeah, even if the show didn't feature Ray, I don't think I'd watch cause I'm really not keen on the time traveling aspect of LoT.

Wasn't there that bizarre interview where KC talked about how she asked Atlin Mitchell to move like Sara because Laurel and Sara are sisters or some such nonsense? I guess Atlin is just doing as she was asked.

She wanted to incorporate some similar movements, like how they fall and minor things, not to copy Caitys fighting style.

Here's the interview I was talking about:

Reporter: Do you do a lot of your own stunts?

Cassidy: As much as they let me do. For insurance reasons, obviously they’re not going to let me jump off a building. But I would love to – it would be fun, for sure. But they let me do as much as I can. And my stunt double, Atlin [Mitchell], she is fantastic. And I always say, like, I watch her – she’s really good at morphing herself to the actor. Because she’s also doubled Caity Lotz before. And Caity Lotz and I, we have different mannerisms, obviously we’re different people. And when she doubles Caity Lotz, she does a really good job at sort of forming and morphing into that. And when she doubles me, same thing.

We get to talk – and what’s cool about it is, I spoke with her the other night – she shoots, you know like when they do giant masters? It’s normally – during fight scenes – it’s normally the stunt team because they want to go all out. And I get that, that’s totally fine with me. But we’ll discuss if the Black Canary is going to jump off the roof and onto the ground, I am trying to – I’ll talk to her about picking up mannerisms for Caity because we’re sisters. So, even just like the way she falls, she lands, and the way she looks up, and the way she kind of crouches – just small little things just to sort of tie us together and create that, I guess, sisterly bond.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

What other characters from Arrow could go over to Legends? It's only been two so far (Sara, Ray), while the rest have come from The Flash.

It's only going to be Sara and Ray from Arrow. Cold, Heatwave, and Firestorm from The Flash. Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Rip Hunter, and Vandal Savage are new for LoT.

ETA: Oh you mean future possibilities? Yeah I could see Katana showing up. Maybe Nyssa, but that might mean committing to Nyssara and I'm not sure they want to. Maybe Roy? Or Constantine?

Personally I'd prefer no Huntress or Wildcat because I don't care for either of those actors.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I think they mean in future seasons. Who could Arrow lose and who could handle a spin off?

It's only going to be Sara and Ray from Arrow. Cold, Heatwave, and Firestorm from The Flash. Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Rip Hunter, and Vandal Savage are new for LoT.

I really hope we get some Nyssa action, I don't care what show its on but I need Nyssa. She's quite possibly my favourite character at this point.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

I think they mean in future seasons. Who could Arrow lose and who could handle a spin off?

Yeah caught that after I posted. I am so tired today. :(

I don't see any of the Arrow regulars moving over, honestly. Flash either. I know Arrow fans would love to get rid of Laurel by sending her over, but personally I think if they were going to do that they wouldn't have bothered resurrecting Sara.

I would like to see Nyssa show up on LoT

I'd like to see Katanna come back to Arrow and show up on LoT.  

I would like to see Constantine show up on all shows.  

As far as series regulars, I don't see any of them going, LoT didn't take any series regulars from Arrow or Flash, just recurring characters.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

What other characters from Arrow could go over to Legends? It's only been two so far (Sara, Ray), while the rest have come from The Flash.

Mainly Nyssa, it would be fun to see the charecter out of her comfort zone and having to go undercover. Though i would love to see Laurel go on a trip with them and go undercover while having to put her smarts to actual use.

But it would be fun to see of the charecters crossover and travel in time.

Marvel's Luke Cage Adds Sonia Braga
By Matt Webb Mitovich / November 24 2015, 11:00 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2015/11/24/marvels-luke-cage-cast-sonia-braga/

Three-time Golden Globe nominee Sonia Braga has boarded Netflix’s next Marvel series as Soledad Temple, mother to Claire Temple (to again be played by Daredevil‘s Rosario Dawson).
Marvel’s Luke Cage, starring Mike Colter (who debuted the indestructible fella on Jessica Jones last week), will premiere sometime in 2016.
Edited by tv echo

This Variety article reveals really fascinating behind-the-scenes info on the use of DC properties by Warner Bros.' film, tv and interactive divisions (oh, to be a fly on the wall at one of their 'Justice League' meetings)...

Superhero TV Thrives After Warner Bros. Loosens Film’s Grip on DC Entertainment
NOVEMBER 24, 2015 | 10:00AM PT  Cynthia Littleton
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-cw-warner-bros-dc-the-flash-arrow-1201646970/

Soon after Kevin Tsujihara took over as Warner Bros. chairman-CEO, he made the decision to break with protocol from the previous regime — a change that would have a profound effect on the studio. At an early strategy session, senior execs recall him issuing a new edict: DC Entertainment is open for business across the lot.

Tsujihara made it clear that the vast archive of comic-book characters in the DC vault would no longer be under the tight control of Warner Bros.’ film division. WB’s television and interactive units would have new flexibility to develop projects derived from the properties, even if they were concurrently being eyed for movie projects.
He established the studio’s equivalent of the Justice League. Every two weeks, top execs including DC Entertainment’s Diane Nelson and Geoff Johns, Warner Bros. Pictures’ Sue Kroll and Greg Silverman and Warner Bros. TV’s Peter Roth gather with Tsujihara to talk about all things DC, and coordinate strategies.

The group aims to be respectful of one another’s goals, and mindful of the danger of flooding the market with too much product. But TV, video games and consumer products no longer take a back seat to film... (read more)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW LOOKS LEGENDARY
POSTED BY DIEGO CRESPO ON NOV 23, 2015
http://www.audienceseverywhere.net/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-looks-legendary/

From the satirical novella confinement of Jane the Virgin to the open world moral dilemmas of The 100, the CW has rapidly improved their roster television shows into must watch programming. Where they’ve really hit their stride is with the Greg Berlanti-verse of DC superhero programming. I’m personally an enormous fan of The Flash (as evidenced here and here) and Arrow got good again so I’ll endorse that too. The only major issues with this shared TV-verse of DC properties are

1.  Supergirl isn’t connected (but it really should be)
2.  There are still limits to which characters can appear where (Arrow season 3 went through extensive re-working to accommodate change of plans with the Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn arcs).

There’s still time to fix both of these problems but it looks like they’re inconsequential to the present material. Where the DC movie properties have a statement of making their world more “grounded” and “realistic” (dark and gritty, yada yada) the DCTV universe has a giant gorilla, a hot tub that brings people back from the dead, and multiverse exploration. Now we’re going full steam into time travel stories. Flash has already tapped into this so it’s not out of left field.

From an article speculating on GA "goatee" in LoT trailer:
is-stephen-amell-finally-set-to-rock-a-g
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3654913?lt_source=external,manual

Edited by tv echo

Includes interview snippets from various cast members - Arthur Darvill says that Caity Lotz is"so good at fighting" (3:38 mark)...

EXCLUSIVE Interview w/ Hawkman & Hawkgirl from Legends of Tomorrow + New DC Channel is Launching
Published on Nov 24, 2015, by DC Entertainment

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You know when we saw Waller at the start of this season and got the Ted Kord Enterprises Easter Egg a couple of episodes ago, I started wondering if DC was relaxing a little bit.  If Rip's line about Men of Steel and Dark Knights makes it into the show - I feel like that would be a good sign that they are going to let CW's television-verse flourish.

I had no idea there was a Harley plot in development for season three of Arrow though - that would have been cool.

Also noteworthy from that Variety article I just posted above...

Perhaps the biggest impact of the DC properties has been on the CW. “The Flash” and “Arrow” have become the backbone of a network that had been flagging and rudderless. CW also airs the femme-friendly “iZombie,” and has “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” on tap for midseason. The appeal of these DC shows help CW maintain the SVOD output deals with Netflix and Hulu that have been crucial to its survival.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I don't think any actor ever needs fight training if they can't or don't want to do it. It's much more of a hindrance to depend on an untrained actor, than to replace that actor with the double altogether.

The problem imo is that the stunt team has to figure out how to do transitions better [they've been sucking this season, Stephen and his double included]. And more importantly, how to make sure the stunt doubles' faces ARE NOT SHOWN, EVER [which is something that has been a disaster on Arrow since Ra's atop that mountain].

The problem with Lolololaurel in this regard is she's the only vigilante of all of them whose face and hair are clear as day for everyone ever to see and recognize her, and so her stunt double is more visible than anyone else because everyone else is under a hood or a mask, which makes things easier for both transitions and not showing stunt people's faces. But that's not a stunt team problem, it's a That's So Laurel sitcom problem.

Agree that they shouldn't have to take classes. But if KC learned more fluid martial arts or dance to aid in her overall movement perhaps it would make the editors job easier. Perhaps it would make the stunt teams job easier as well. But who knows the quality of the stunts has taken a hit since they started moving towards a bigger team sequences in s2 with RH.

All the more reason they should have kept a wig for LL. Not that atrocious wig from s3, but get a better one. Same thing with flashback wig.... But whatever, at this point it's repeating the same bullet points when it comes to KC, LL & Arrow's version of BC. New week, same arguments. It's useless at this point to even discuss it. Round and Round we go until someone brings out that poor horse or the show wises up. Personally I put my money on the horse coming out.

All the more reason they should have kept a wig for LL. Not that atrocious wig from s3, but get a better one. Same thing with flashback wig.... But whatever, at this point it's repeating the same bullet points when it comes to KC, LL & Arrow's version of BC. New week, same arguments. It's useless at this point to even discuss it. Round and Round we go until someone brings out that poor horse or the show wises up. Personally I put my money on the horse coming out.

dead-horse.gif

heh Thanks @apinknightmare, this shall be our new ragey baby

• Love 2

New LoT/maybe Flarrow poster:

https://twitter.com/ArrowProdOffice/status/669344612859908096

No Digg, Caitlin, Cisco, Iris, Thea or Felicity, and Black Canary is very prominent, while Sara, Firestorm, and Hawkgirl are BARELY visible.  If I was sure this was an LoT only poster, I'd be pretty convinced Laurel is going to that show.  Regardless, this poster makes me sure they're not killing or otherwise getting rid of Laurel.  She's the fifth-ish most prominent character in the poster.

Also, I hate how Barry is always front and center over Oliver, but I think I can let that go, because even though Oliver started it, Flash is a much bigger character.  It's irritating but understandable.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

To be honest, that's not my problem. I know neither CH nor WH did their own stunts, they were very blatant and upfront about it. I don't care if an actor does or doesn't do their own stunts. What bugs me and why I single Laurel/KC out is because unlike the other actors who blatantly admit they don't do stunts, KC tries to pretend she does way more than she actually does. That's why I point it out and mock it. If she was just honest like Colton and said she's really not good at that stuff so Atlin does all/most of the stunts I'd be OK with it. Instead KC tries to come off as if she's does as much as CL and/or SA and that's just such a blatant fabrication that it annoys me.

This so much. The whole Stephen Amell saying nobody works out st the gym for 3 hours. All they do is text. Which I have a feeling was subtle shade.

Isn't that an old poster? I feel like it was used at ComicCon or something. NICE TRY, MARKETING

They're saying it's new, but who knows.  I find it very confusing.  If for LoT, why include three characters NOT IN LoT, and barely include three characters who ARE IN LoT.  If overall Flarrow universe, still, why barely include Sara, Hawkgirl, and Firestorm?  I mean, the whole crossover is about Hawkgirl, but she's so unimportant that she's barely visible in the poster.  So, important enough to care about her peril, or so unimportant that she's barely in the poster?  And if all about masks, why no Digg or Thea, who have masks now? 

Whatever, it mostly leaves me convinced that Laurel is not going anywhere.  She's really prominent in that poster.

The posters definitely look the same, I guess the Arrow production office just got a copy. I still totally don't understand it.

Edited by AyChihuahua

The posters definitely look the same, I guess the Arrow production office just got a copy. I still totally don't understand it.

It's called "Yes, yes, sure, Time Warner's revenues increased by 5% in the 3rd quarter but our Turner division is still bleeding money like the way the Hood's victims should have bled after getting stuck by arrows but didn't and we had problems with currency exchanges and not getting full payments bringing our debt up again, so, you know, increasing the Warner Bros Television marketing budget isn't a priority right now."

Seriously, that's all I'm reading into this.

(Note: Time Warner did not, in fact, use the terms "bleeding money" in their quarterly report, but that's what they meant, so that's what I'm sticking with.)

• Love 4

Technically the poster on twitter is "new". Arrow was replaced with Green Arrow and Flash's emblem was updated to the new white one. 

I'm sure that's exactly what the WB promo person told the Arrow production office when they gave them the poster.

• Love 3