Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Flash 422 episode synopsis...

The episode is called “Think Fast” and here’s the write-up:

DAVID RAMSEY GUEST STARS — When DeVoe assaults an A.R.G.U.S. facility to complete his Enlightenment Machine, Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes the only way he can stop him is if he allows Cisco (Carlos Valdes) and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) to accompany him into the facility. Still shaken by Ralph’s death, Barry isn’t sure he wants to risk any more of his friends’ lives and considers taking on DeVoe solo. Viet Nguyen directed the episode written by Sam Chalsen & Kristen Kim (#422). Original airdate 5/15/2018.

http://flashtvnews.com/flash-spoilers-think-fast-with-david-ramsey/31360

Edited by tv echo

Whoa...

‘Star Trek 4’: S.J. Clarkson Becomes the First Female Director in Franchise’s History (EXCLUSIVE)
By Justin Kroll  April 26, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/s-j-clarkson-star-trek-4-chris-pine-chris-hemsworth-1202787592/

S.J. Clarkson has been tapped to direct “Star Trek 4,” making her the first female to helm a film in the “Star Trek” franchise.

Paramount Pictures had no comment. The studio announced at CinemaCon in Las Vegas that it was planning a fourth movie with Chris Hemsworth, who appeared as Chris Pine’s father in 2009’s “Star Trek. Zachary Quinto is also set to return. Paramount is developing another “Star Trek” film from J.J. Abrams and Quentin Tarantino, but sources say it is still being written and would come after the fourth movie.

While details on “Star Trek 4” are vague, sources say a key plot point sees Pine’s character running into his father (Hemsworth) in a time travel ploy.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Although Kyle & Natalie talked about Avengers: Infinity War in the below podcast, they were careful not to spoil anything (Kyle has not seen the movie yet, but Natalie has seen the movie). They also discussed the latest episodes of Supergirl, Flash and Arrow...

Superhero Insider: The Arrow-verse villains have major breakthroughs
NATALIE ABRAMS and CHANCELLOR AGARD April 27, 2018 at 04:01 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/27/superhero-insider-april-27/

Entertainment Weekly - Superhero Insider talks Avengers: Infinity War, and CW Superhero shows
April 27, 2018   Kyle Anderson & Natalie Abrams
https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/superhero-insider-talks-avengers-infinity-war-and-cw-superhero-shows

Edited by tv echo

Did Suits Overstuff Finale? Did Timeless Duo 'Do It'? Was Grey's Geek Gross? Funeral-Ready Vixens? And More Qs!!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Dave Nemetz, Kimberly Roots, Ryan Schwartz, Rebecca Iannucci and Andy Swift / April 27 2018, 10:41 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/04/27/suits-meghan-markle-patrick-j-adams-final-episode-jessica-spinoff-tv-questions-answers/

7 | As “Make Everybody Act Crazy for an Episode” plot devices go, did Supergirl surprise you with how emotionally moving Myr’nn’s mental deterioration was? Also: One of  Kara’s newly mastered “cape tricks” surely will come into play in her final showdown with Reign, right?
11 | TVLine reader Partisan raises a valid Flash Q: Are we to believe The Thinker is sooooo smart he can “see” onto another Earth, to predict Siren-X would breach over?
22 | It’s entirely possible we have no idea how shoulder-mounted rocket launchers work, but… this Arrow goon left the “cap” on, right?
arrow1.jpg?w=261&h=197 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Just watched A:IW

tenor.gif

It was so good! Left me so with SO many emotions. Ill be seeing it again tomorrow. 

This is the next step that the Arrow-verse needs to take, events happening throughout all the shows that lead up to the big crossover. Don't start at the beginning of the season and take 8 episodes, take an entire season.

• Love 2

Shows included in this poll include Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Lucifer, iZombie, Blindspot and Gotham...

Cancellation Countdown! Which 7 Shows Do You Most Want Saved?
By Team TVLine / April 27 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/04/27/cancelled-renewed-bubble-show-list-2018-poll-vote/

Some lingering renew/cancel decisions surely have secretly been made, but many are legitimately still up in the air, likely not to be locked in until May 11 — the Friday before NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS and then The CW announce their schedules for the 2018-19 TV season.

If only for cathartic reasons, here is one… last… chance… to let your voices be heard. TVLine has listed below dozens of dramas and comedies whose fates have yet to be officially announced. Review the choices and then vote for your “Hopefully Lucky 7” — up to seven shows you most hope get good news instead of… the hook.

Edited by tv echo

I wish I had been on that bus or in that comic book store...

'Avengers: Infinity War' Cast Tours Los Angeles w/ James Corden
Published on Apr 26, 2018, by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Love 2

The below-linked article and reddit post purport to contain DETAILED, MAJOR, HUGE spoilers for the movie. They are consistent with the several media reviews that I've read. (I have not yet seen the movie, but hope to see it tomorrow.)

So, assuming these spoilers are accurate, here's your last warning: If you wish to be spoiled in advance, go to the links below, but THINK CAREFULLY FIRST about whether you really wish to be spoiled...

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS
ComicBookMovie.com - Mark Cassidy | 4/26/2018

Infinity War Full Spoilers (via /u/wesker6)
Reddit - RiverFenixBen  April 24, 2018

ETA: If someone who has already seen the movie says that these spoilers are false (without revealing the spoilers), then I'll delete this post.

Edited by tv echo

The Reddit spoilers are 100% right, he got some names/places wrong but overall it's right and, super duper spoilery. It's basically the entire movie in detail. 

I wouldn't recommend reading unless you have no interest in watching the movie since it reveals the ENTIRE thing. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I saw Avengers: Infinity War...

MIND. BLOWN. 

Even though I was spoiled in advance, knowing what's going to happen and seeing it happen are two different things. The movie is 2 hours and 30 minutes long. Normally I get fidgety when a movie runs past 2 hours. Not this time. The movie flew by.

I highly recommend that everyone see this movie.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Avengers: Infinity War is currently projected to have a $250M opening weekend box office (final numbers come out on Monday) - fyi, the movie will open in China on May 11...

Box Office: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Launches With Heroic $250 Million
By Rebecca Rubin  April 29, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-marvel-avengers-infinity-war-a-quiet-place-black-panther-1202791266/

“Avengers: Infinity War” took North America by storm, opening with $250 million in 4,474 theaters. While numbers could fluctuate before an official tally comes in on Monday, that would surpass “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” for the biggest domestic opening weekend of all time. “The Force Awakens” bowed with $248 million in 2015.

The superhero tentpole, which cost between $300 million and $400 million, opened worldwide with $630 million, making it the highest global opening weekend of all time, even without China debuting this weekend.

“It is an extraordinary weekend for the movie business and for the Marvel Cinematic Universe,” Dave Hollis, head of domestic distribution at Disney, said. “‘Infinity War’ was the culmination of 10 years of developing the universe and characters that people care about. Having them all come together in this was was what created a must-see moviegoing event.”

If this number holds on Monday, then it will be the new opening weekend box office champ; but if this number drops, then it will be in 2nd place (I've bolded the 2018 movies, go to source link below if you wish to see other movie rankings):

1    Avengers: Infinity War                         $250,000,000    
2    Star Wars: The Force Awakens                $247,966,675    
3    Star Wars: The Last Jedi                          $220,009,584    
4    Jurassic World                                         $208,806,270    
5    Marvel's The Avengers                            $207,438,708    
6    Black Panther                                        $202,003,951    
7    Avengers: Age of Ultron                          $191,271,109    
8    Captain America: Civil War                      $179,139,142    
9    Beauty and the Beast (2017)                    $174,750,616    
10    Iron Man 3                                             $174,144,585    
12    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice    $166,007,347    
20    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2               $146,510,104        
31    Thor: Ragnarok                                       $122,744,989
34    Spider-Man: Homecoming                     $117,027,503    
35    Man of Steel                                           $116,619,362    
46    Wonder Woman                                     $103,251,471   
58    Justice League                                          $93,842,239

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I also got out of Infinity War a couple of hours ago. I'm still unsure on how much I liked it, to be honest. It was good, but something is stopping me from finding it great. Though, I understand I'm likely more of an outlier. Still, I definitely recommend people to go see it. I will likely be going back to watch it a second time at some point later this week to see if I enjoy it more. 

• Love 1

I liked it, but couldn't get fully invested in the ending for the same exact reason as 523's ending. Still had a surprising amount of pretty good character moments and fight scenes, but it definitely sat better with me after seeing it as a "part 1" that it really/originally was rather than the "self-contained story" the Russos kept promoting it to be. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed the movie enormously, but I think my enjoyment was tempered by the fact that it was essentially a part I.  I think I can make a final decision when I see the ending of the next movie.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 2

I'm just distracted by the fact that IW might not affect Agents of SHIELD, which disappoints me since the turning point of the TV series was the tie-in to Winter Soldier. I know I'm hoping against hope that IW will directly affect AoS, since the show could benefit from a risky move that they have to follow through with. 

13 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I enjoyed the movie enormously, but I think my enjoyment was tempered by the fact that it was essentially a part I.  I think I can make a final decision when I see the ending of the next movie.

Also true. Any emotional resonance with the ending of part 1 is distracting since part 2 is actually more important. 

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I'm just distracted by the fact that IW might not affect Agents of SHIELD

Lol, I thought I would be the only person bothered by that. They had a throwaway joke/reference in the last episode at least, which is more than I thought they would have. One could argue that since they are locked into their own mission and issues and pretty much cut off from the present day world in lieu of trying to change the future (theoretically, Daisy, May, FitzSimmons, and YoYo were already confirmed to be in the future, so they couldn't be affected) that they wouldn't notice what's going on and since there are so few of them they might not be affected by sure luck of the draw. However, the odds of none of them being affected at all is kind of annoying, even though I get that they can't just wait possibly a whole season to see what's going on that could affect their cast. At least kill off Agent Piper or Davies or something, although I guess the time travel aspect of this season and 

Spoiler

some rumored/spec of the plot of Avengers 4

messes SHIELD up as well.

EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Lightning’ Star Talks Season 2 & DC Crossovers
By Reilly Johnson - April 29, 2018
https://fandomwire.com/2018/04/29/exclusive-black-lightning-star-talks-season-2-dc-crossovers/

FW: What will we be seeing from season two of Black Lightning?

Cress Williams: So um, season two, I think we’re going to get into more about Jennifer’s character and watching her come into her own and her powers, which I think is going to be a little more difficult. It’s not going to be the same as season one, where um, Anissa just embraced [her powers] and was ready to fight crime. I think It’s going to be a little bit more of a struggle, and from what I’m told we’re just going to go harder. It’s harder hitting and a little bit darker and um, kind of more moving in the direction of what we already started.

FW: Will there be any crossover between you and some of the other DC shows?

Cress Williams: I don’t think there is going to be a crossover, at least not in the near future. We shoot in Atlanta, and all the other DC shows shoot in Vancouver, so uh, there hasn’t been talk about anything like that happening anytime soon.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ All-Time Opening Record Even Higher With $258M+ Domestic, $640M+ WW – Update

UPDATED, Monday AM writethru: 7:40AM update following 6:40AM post Disney is now reporting that the all-time record opening-weekend for Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War stands at $258.2 million, exceeding both its estimates from yesterday of $250M and the industry’s call this morning at $255M-$257M.

This is after a mindblowing Sunday of $69.2M. All in with an overseas debut of $382.7M (second best-ever), Infinity War stands at an all-time record global opening of $640.9M, eclipsing the previous high of $541.9M set by Universal’s Fate of the Furious. As the 19th MCU release, Infinity War sends the gross of the entire universe to $15.4 billion. It’s been the most lucrative franchise ever at the box office for some time, outstripping Star Wars’ $8.8B worldwide ticket sales through 10 movies (we’re including Star Wars: The Clone Wars).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

When will the CW announce what the episode orders are for next season? Upfronts?

Most likely. I'm hoping that Black Lightining keeps its short episode order, or at least no more than 16. But the network is expanding to 6 nights of programming, so maybe they'll give them a full season?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Trini said:

Most likely. I'm hoping that Black Lightining keeps its short episode order, or at least no more than 16. But the network is expanding to 6 nights of programming, so maybe they'll give them a full season?

I think they still wouldn't want to many superhero tv shows on at one time, especially since they arent the powerhouses they once were. I would say give LoT 16 episodes, BL 16 episodes. Both share a time slot.  Flash/Arrow/SG all keep their 23 episode orders.  Move Supernatural to Sundays at 8, give Arrow Thursdays at 8.

• Love 1

Sometimes they announce the episode orders at upfronts and sometimes they don't.  I remember there being quite a bit of arguing last year about how many episodes Legends had been ordered for, until MG finally confirmed that it was 18 a few months later.  IIRC we knew it wasn't a full season, but how many episodes exactly was up for debate.

I expect if any shows get their orders cut (i.e. Arrow/Supergirl), that would be announced.  But exact episode orders for all shows may not be available right away.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

LOT I can't see being less than 17-18, given all they have to fit in and it ended on a high with a promise of an apparently popular being a regular character and Klemmer basically going "it's not worth even trying to say we want to conserve the budget (which is already tight for all shows)" for an interview after the insane season finale. 

I would be surprised if Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/LOT didn't at least have some presence on the fall schedule, if only because "Crisis on Earth X" got a lot of positive reviews and viewings in a time when Justice League was disappointing on many fronts.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, the CW has renewed 10 shows so far. iZombie and/or The 100 could also still be renewed.  They have nine pilots, not including the possible Originals spinoff.   So even with two extra programming hours in the week, it's not like they're going to have worlds of extra time.  

I'd personally like to see Legends get a full season of course - they've been gradually inching that direction up until now (16, 17, 18).  But I have no idea what their schedule's going to end up looking like.  

Edited by Starfish35
5 hours ago, ruby24 said:

When will the CW announce what the episode orders are for next season? Upfronts?

It depends. I know they'll announce the rest of the renewals, cancellations, and series pickups for next season at Upfronts, but they're still probably working out the new schedule with the Sunday night programming, so they may wait to announce episode orders for another few weeks. I mean, I hope they announce episode orders, but ultimately, until they figure out their new programming, they'll likely hold off until June. 

My hope is that BL stays at 13 episodes. I think it's a perfect show to not go overboard with a full season, where a lot of it is really filler. Keep LOT at 18, and they're obviously keeping The Flash at 23. Also keep Arrow at 23 and then drop Supergirl to 18. That way, they can utilize their new shows, as I assume they'll want to pick up one or two extras in addition to their usual 3 pickups this year, and they can play around with their scheduling as they please.

• Love 1

Supergirl still has this week left to finish filming- it's the last of the shows to wrap, I guess because of its production delay earlier this year. I really wouldn't be surprised if they dropped that one to 18 or so.

They probably won't resume filming until later in the summer than the other shows too...although maybe not, because that could screw up the next crossover.