Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

But it is funny to go from 2 showrunnrs to 1. 

It looks like, per the Deadline article above, that all the shows will have only one showrunner going forward, except for Supergirl.

• Arrow - Beth Schwartz
  • Black Lightning - Salim Akil
  • The Flash - Todd Helbing
  • Legends of Tomorrow - Phil Klemmer
  • Supergirl - Robert Rovner, Jessica Queller
  • Love 1

Oh DC. What are you doing, ever? Its so clear that there is no plan whatsoever, and they're still just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Its just sad at this point. Like, they saw that their Harley Quinn got get reviews, so now its "quickly, shoehorn her into a franchise when she shouldn't even be the star of!" and off we go. Now greater plan or reasons, just desperate scrambling to keep up with their competition. 

• Love 4

Yeah it was a fairly good finale, it seemed weird that no one was trying to blow up Freeland or take the city down in the finale lol. It was all about the family and them being in dire danger. Though I did laugh that Thunder kept swatting that power disrupter thing as if it was going to go away. Did she not realize the source?

• Love 1

I saw something about this yesterday, but didn't realize that it was a DC film until today.

Steven Spielberg Set To Produce His First DC Film ‘Blackhawk’ With Eye On Directing

Steven Spielberg will produce his first DC title for Warner Bros., Blackhawk, with an eye on the three-time Oscar winning filmmaker directing under his Amblin banner.

Blackhawk was first published by Quality Comics and later by DC and was created by Chuck Cuidera with input by Bob Powell and Will Eisner. In the series, the Blackhawks are a small team of War War II ace pilots who are led by an enigmatic leader, Blackhawk. In the comic book, they operate out of a hidden base known as Blackhawk Island and battle Axis forces, but also foes such as King Condor and Killer Shark, and a line of femme fatales. During the height of the comic’s popularity, it outsold every other comic book but Superman

The screenplay for Blackhawk is being penned by David Koepp, who has collaborated with Spielberg as a screenwriter on his titles Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  Spielberg will produce the film together with Kristie Macosko Krieger, under Amblin Entertainment, while Sue Kroll will executive produce, under her Kroll & Co. Entertainment shingle.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

‘Wonder Woman 2’: Lynda Carter Confirms Talks To Join The DC Film
by SEBASTIAN PERIS on APRIL 18, 2018
https://heroichollywood.com/wonder-woman-2-lynda-carter-talks/

During an interview on NBC’s Today with Megyn Kelly, Lynda Carter confirmed that she has been talking to director Patty Jenkins about appearing in the Wonder Woman sequel.

Carter, who portrayed the Amazonian princess in the 1970s television series, has previously expressed an interest in appearing in the sequel to Wonder Woman. Now, the iconic actress confirmed that she has had discussions with director Patty Jenkins about a having a role in the highly-anticipated film:

“That is up to Patty Jenkins. I’ve been talking to her about it. She’s given me some hints about it and I guess it’s up to Warner Bros if they want to spend the money. […] It really is up to Patty, and if it works in an organic way it’ll be great fun and it’ll be wonderful to do.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Regarding the Blackhawk movie, wasn't a time-displaced Lady Blackhawk a member of the Birds of Prey for a while?  Is it possible there might be some slight evidence of a plan here?  

Or am I being overly optimistic? :)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Regarding the Blackhawk movie, wasn't a time-displaced Lady Blackhawk a member of the Birds of Prey for a while?  Is it possible there might be some slight evidence of a plan here?  

Or am I being overly optimistic? :)

Yep! She’s in some of my favorite BoP stories so I’m taking this as a good sign. 

• Love 1
On 4/17/2018 at 2:50 PM, statsgirl said:

I  wonder if DC would be willing to throw away much of their TV fan base to do "GA/BC the right way", or if they don't think the TV base matters.

Maybe DC thinks TV and movies are two different mediums and fans should be smart enough to separate the two. Maybe. LOL. Who am I kidding. 

• Love 1

I appreciated that when Barry is giving Ralph the talk about not killing he said that for people with powers, there's always another way besides killing.  I was so expecting shade against Oliver but nope!

• Love 4

Kinda?

I won't officially declare him dead because who knows, they could defeat the villain that took over his body and somehow save him maybe.  But as far as the team know, he's dead.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

they could defeat the villain that took over his body and somehow save him maybe.  But as far as the team know, he's dead.  

Since they were early on talking about keeping him on for next season, I'm fully betting on them saving him since Ralph's body is actually still around and active.

That being said, I'm actually super excited they got a way to bring back the original Thinker.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Kinda?

I won't officially declare him dead because who knows, they could defeat the villain that took over his body and somehow save him maybe.  But as far as the team know, he's dead.  

Interesting.  I wonder if that was always planned, or if that was a post-Kreisberg course correction.  In a poll, I wonder who would win as the most hated - NTA or Ralph. Lol. :)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Interesting.  I wonder if that was always planned, or if that was a post-Kreisberg course correction.  In a poll, I wonder who would win as the most hated - NTA or Ralph. Lol. :)

I liked Ralph. He was crude but the actor was good and I never got the sense he was mean spirited unlike the d#ckhead n00bs who thrived on hypocrisy and delusions of grandeur.

• Love 2

This season, Supergirl has been the most steady in its demo rating among the Arrowverse shows - here are the numbers (in order of show age, rounded to tenths)...

Arrow S6 premiered with a 0.6 demo, and its most recent ep (6x18) got a 0.4 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-six-ratings/

Flash S4 premiered with a 1.1 demo, and its most recent ep (4x18) got a 0.7 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/flash-season-four-ratings/

LoT S3 premiered with a 0.6 demo, and its finale ep (3x18) got a 0.4 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/dcs-legends-tomorrow-season-three-ratings/

Supergirl S3 premiered with a 0.5, and its most recent ep (3x14) got a 0.5 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/supergirl-season-three-ratings/

Black Lightning S1 premiered with a 0.8 demo, and its finale ep (1x13) got a 0.5 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/black-lightning-season-one-ratings/ 

As for the other CW Berlanti show...

Riverdale S2 premiered with a 0.8 demo, and its last reported ep (2x17) got a 0.3 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/riverdale-season-two-ratings/ 

UPDATE: This week's Riverdale ep (2x18) got a 0.4 demo.

Edited by tv echo
Corrected some numbers
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Deadpool tickets are on sale. It's opening May 17th which means I will miss the season finale. Arrow's move to Thursdays, and my need to see comic book movies ASAP has really messed up my viewing schedule. 

I'm waiting for early reviews before going to see Deadpool 2. I'll probably check it out over the weekend unless it gets slammed. 

14 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Deadpool tickets are on sale. It's opening May 17th which means I will miss the season finale. Arrow's move to Thursdays, and my need to see comic book movies ASAP has really messed up my viewing schedule. 

Is it really crowded when you go opening night? Like a person in every seat?

I always see it with the stragglers later to avoid crowds and potentially smelly/annoying people!

I know they had a narrative around the internet about a bad test screening and new reshoots, but from spoiler breakdowns of the movie (that might be wrong, but they predicted a bunch of jokes that didn't get revealed until the last trailer or even this new trailer, so I'm just going with it for now), it seems like it'll be fine and still fun.

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I always see it with the stragglers later to avoid crowds and potentially smelly/annoying people!

Same. I see spoilers immediately when they come out and then go see the movie later when I know I can actually see the movie in a good environment.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is it really crowded when you go opening night? Like a person in every seat?

Yes, lol. But for comic book flicks, it's all a bunch of nerds (as am I) so I love the experience. I typically see these movies a second time a week or so later, and I always have more fun with opening night crowds. (And crowds of people are something I usually avoid.) 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

Yes, lol. But for comic book flicks, it's all a bunch of nerds (as am I) so I love the experience. I typically see these movies a second time a week or so later, and I always have more fun with opening night crowds. (And crowds of people are something I usually avoid.) 

haha you remind me of my mother and yum cha! According to her it's not yum cha unless there is a queue of people waiting, restaurant packed to the brim and you have to be on high alert to get the dishes you want!

I suppose there is a buzz that cannot be reproduced on another night! 

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

This season, Supergirl has been the most steady in its demo rating among the Arrowverse shows - here are the numbers (in order of show age, rounded to tenths)...

Flash S4 premiered with a 1.0 demo, and its most recent ep (4x18) got a 0.7 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/flash-season-four-ratings/

Black Lightning S1 premiered with a 0.9 demo, and its finale ep (1x13) got a 0.5 demo:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/black-lightning-season-one-ratings/ 

Actually, The Flash S4 premiered with a 1.1 demo and Black Lightning S1 premiered with a 0.8 demo.

The rest is accurate, though.

12 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I liked Ralph. He was crude but the actor was good and I never got the sense he was mean spirited unlike the d#ckhead n00bs who thrived on hypocrisy and delusions of grandeur.

I ended up having more a problem with his inconsistent characterization than his lame attempts at humor.  (Though the can pee without getting up from the couch one was REALLY bad)   But yeah, the level of animosity toward the newbs can't be matched.  

1 hour ago, Whatever88 said:

Actually, The Flash S4 premiered with a 1.1 demo and Black Lightning S1 premiered with a 0.8 demo.

The rest is accurate, though.

Corrections made to original post. Thx.

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Arrow, Once Upon a Time, The Blacklist, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS April 19, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/19/spoiler-room-arrow-once-upon-time-blacklist/

Any scoop about Gypsy’s return to The Flash and how it will affect Cisco? — Isabella
Gypsy’s return will provide Cisco with some major insight — and not just about whether he should take Breacher’s job. “Cisco, I think inside, doesn’t want to take the job because he doesn’t want to let down the team,” Carlos Valdes says. “But on Gypsy’s end, she doesn’t want Cisco to take the job because she fears that being in closer contact might spoil the beauty of what they have.” Though we’ll be waiting a bit longer to find out whether Cisco will end up taking the job, expect some, ahem, movement in his long-distance relationship with Gypsy soon.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Huh.  Looks like that redemption arc is proceeding right along there. ;)

Yup

She's so horrified at what Diaz is doing she ran to Central City to take two of the main characters hostage, ha.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

She's so horrified at what Diaz is doing she ran to Central City to take two of the main characters hostage, ha.

If she can nick Barry with that gun while she's at it I would be forever grateful. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Gotta get those contractual obligations out of the way, LOL!

If she has to stick around the Arrowverse for reasons, her character makes much more sense on The Flash than Arrow.

Edited by KenyaJ

Finale Preview: What to Expect From Your Favorite Shows
By Kaitlin Thomas | Apr 17, 2018 
http://www.tvguide.com/news/finale-preview-2018-spoilers/

The Flash (The CW)
Airs: Tuesday, May 22 at 8/7c

We have some bad news for the fans who've been on pins and needles waiting to find out the identity of the mystery girl who's been popping up in Jitters every now and then on The Flash. TV Guide has learned that the reveal of who Jessica Parker Kennedy is playing will apparently be a season-ending storyline. Looks like you still have time to come up with theories!

• Love 1