Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Ray was so cute! Especially his comment about show tunes never hurting anyone!

I could soooo marry Ray! We'd sing musicals together all day and re enact the death scene from Les Mis! And he'd have TONNES of money for jewels being a billionaire and all! 

• Love 4

Only Legends would do a in memoriam for a rat.  RIP Axel, you were the best of us. 

If losing Nate means we'll lose Amaya, I'll take it. Or they have to separate them, they are both so much better when they are not together. I actually liked Nate with Zari in the time loop episode and I miss Amaya and Mick, the pirate episode made me realize that again. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Not my fav episode of LoT but some good moments.  The Elvis stuff fell flat for me.

Same.  

28 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

If losing Nate means we'll lose Amaya, I'll take it. Or they have to separate them, they are both so much better when they are not together. I actually liked Nate with Zari in the time loop episode and I miss Amaya and Mick, the pirate episode made me realize that again. 

I agree on them being better separate.  Or together in small doses.  I loved both of those episodes, and I was actually starting to enjoy Nate, but now I'm back to "eh, he can go."

• Love 2

I am excited to watch Iris's episode, I hope its good because Candice deserves good content. I am just afraid that writers who are incapable of writing females on the spotlight will find a way to make me hate the episode.

Also it would have been cool to see Iris the speedster teaming up with Killer Frost,they could've further cemented that so called relationship they preached about in episode 5.

• Love 3

Preliminary ratings for last night.  

IMG_2951.PNG

Unrounded preliminary numbers and half-hours from RJK at SpottedRatings:

Legends of Tomorrow ........ 0.392 ... (0.405 ... 0.378)
iZombie .............................. 0.250 ... (0.273 ... 0.226)

Unrounded finals from last week - same source:

Here were the CW unrounded FINALS for last week (March 5-11)....

The Flash ....................... 0.726
Supernatural .................. 0.520
Black Lightning .............. 0.478
Riverdale ....................... 0.462
Arrow ............................. 0.410
Legends of Tomorrow ... 0.397
iZombie ......................... 0.234
Jane the Virgin .............. 0.221
Life Sentence ................ 0.216
Dynasty ......................... 0.172

I'm debating if I should watch the Flash tonight to support Candice, but  I don't know if I can take it if it's Barry moping and whining about getting his powers back from her the whole time. I hope the Flash lets Iris shine this time unlike that awful #feminism episode. 

• Love 1

While I am not THAT surprised since it is only 1 episode and the liklihood of it happening again is slim to none but I am a little bit surprised that they didn't let Candice have any input in the costume. They just threw her in there and she got to choose the the easiest thing, the shoes.

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

While I am not THAT surprised since it is only 1 episode and the liklihood of it happening again is slim to none but I am a little bit surprised that they didn't let Candice have any input in the costume. They just threw her in there and she got to choose the the easiest thing, the shoes.

Helbing said the jacket had have a certain design for story reasons. There's spec about that in the Flash spoiler thread. But Candice also said she got them to change the mask.

2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Helbing said the jacket had have a certain design for story reasons. There's spec about that in the Flash spoiler thread. But Candice also said she got them to change the mask.

What did she say about the OG mask? Because this one sucks.

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Can't find the exact interview right now, but she said the first one looked closer to Elongated Man's mask, and she was like 'hard pass'.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I haven't watched Flash since the midseason premier (I think), but I will be checking this ep out after Black Lightning for Iris. 

Same here. I'm even opting out of watching my other 8pm show to watch The Flash live. 

• Love 1

The only thing that could entice me to watch an ep of The Flash again is if Barry isn't in it. But I'm glad that it seems like Iris is getting something going in journalism again per CP's Ebony interview. Hopefully that's something that actually happens and isn't just a talking point in the article. 

• Love 5

So I just watched the Flash ep, and while I really enjoyed the Iris stuff, there was way too much Ralph. I feel like Iris/Flash should have taken up most of the ep, instead we had some dumb shit with Wells/Cisco, and so much Ralph I wanted to burn my eyes. He's such an awful character. Candice deserved more focus, but she did really well with what she had. Loved that they put her on a path again.

• Love 5

Iris is a good Flash, and I loved her outfit and her purple streaks. And she and Barry were cute together, and actually acted like a functioning couple. When they are allowed to just BE without endless drama and Iris gets the appropriate perspective, I really like them. Not to my beloved Olicity levels, but I can dig it. 

• Love 3

While watching the Flash:

Me: Oooh they didn't kill the Asian guy today. Wonder when they'll kill him.

Hubs (ever the optimist): Maybe they will introduce an Asian character to the cast

Me: They introduced an Asian so they could kill him.

Come on CW, prove me wrong and let the Asian dude live! 

• Love 6

Yeah there really wasn't enough of Iris in that episode, I expected more screen time and more scenes of her using her powers. When they mentioned the fire and she said Caitlin was on Fire Duty, I really thought her and KF were going out on the field together, not sure what happened in that scene. Both scenarios could've used some KF, but I am guessing they just wanted Iris on the field solo.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of Ralph and him grappling with whether to be a hero or not EVERY EPISODE.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah there really wasn't enough of Iris in that episode, I expected more screen time and more scenes of her using her powers. When they mentioned the fire and she said Caitlin was on Fire Duty, I really thought her and KF were going out on the field together, not sure what happened in that scene. Both scenarios could've used some KF, but I am guessing they just wanted Iris on the field solo.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of Ralph and him grappling with whether to be a hero or not EVERY EPISODE.

The episode did go by pretty quickly. If there was ever a time to do a two-part episode, this would have been it. It would have been fun to see Iris with powers for two episodes. 

Also, yeah, Ralph better be getting a heroic sacrifice redemption arc for this season. I actually enjoy Hartley Sawyer, but I feel so bad that he's stuck with such a static character. Ralph's done no growing up. He gets any growth, and it's immediately erased by his next episode. Seriously, this has to be leading to him sacrificing himself, right? 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ralph's done no growing up. He gets any growth, and it's immediately erased by his next episode.

Right? It's like by the end of an episode, there's a moment where I think, "hmm, I don't quite hate him anymore." And then the next episode begins and reminds me, "Yep, hate him." 

I didn't mind his last scene with Iris. Would I have rather they had Iris and Caitlin talk instead of Caitlin just going, "You go, girl" (twice, I think)? Yes. Very much yes. 

• Love 1

I decided not to watch the Flash and wait to hear what others thought of it. Sounds like it was only slightly better then the previous Iris episode which was basically a joke. It's probably not worth it to watch the whole episode. I'll just see if there's any clips on YT with the Iris scenes. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, quarks said:

Ralph is the worst.

Could not agree more. I stopped watching Flash at the beginning of last season, but tuned in for a couple of episodes at the beginning of this one. Despite my infinite hatred for Barry, Ralph is the one who made me turn off the TV because I just couldn't take it any more. 

5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Unrounded preliminary numbers from RJK at SpottedRatings:

The Flash ........................... 0.699 ... (0.728 ... 0.670)
Black Lightning ................... 0.482 ... (0.500 ... 0.464)

Compared to last week which isn't a big change...

The Flash .............................. 0.714 ... (0.721 ... 0.707)
Black Lightning ...................... 0.478 ... (0.507 ... 0.449)

It's more sad for Black Lightning, none of the Arrowverse shows were hitting a 0.5 in their first season.  I wonder with it not performing as well that they will make BL part of the Arrowverse next season. 

I hope CW does what they did with Riverdale, and promote the shit out of it during hiatus. I always wondered if BL would've done better had it taken that Arrow Wed 8pm spot, maybe it would've flopped on its own, but I think it deserved a better slot. I know the perception is that Flash is a good lead it, and maybe it is, but  the shows are so tonally different that they just don't pair well imo . Legends definitely fit better with Flash. If they managed to get Riverdale up this season (and I know it's dropped dramatically), then I don't see why they can't put similar effort into BL. I feel like BL didn't get good promotion before its premier, other than that DC event, everything leading up to it was lackluster.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4

Iris's "episode" was too cluttered with the other storylines.  I guess she was the A storyline but they gave nearly as much attention to Well and Cisco and Ralph moping around being an ass made me want to gouge his eyes out.  Barry too wasn't much of a ray of sunshine.  Which given the circumstances, I get but all and all it made for a kind of a bummer of an episode. 

The one thing it might have done right though is reset Iris's character for the future so that she actually takes back some individual agency.  She admitted that she'd kind of been hiding from the world in the lab, quitting her job when Barry went missing and focusing everything on directing the team from the lab.  And I liked that she brought up that having powers isn't how she's meant to save the world, that was what her reporting and writing was for.  

I'm not sure how practical reviving her old blog about Flash appearances is when they are kind of trying to keep a secret identity going (and for once, Barry didn't tell the new meta who he is though he exposed everyone else on the team, lol) but I like that Iris acknowledged that she needs her own thing and that she at least set in the right direction of recapturing her old fire.  

Now let's see if they actually work it into the show in the future but if they do, this is the episode that did the course correction.  

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The one thing it might have done right though is reset Iris's character for the future so that she actually takes back some individual agency.  She admitted that she'd kind of been hiding from the world in the lab, quitting her job when Barry went missing and focusing everything on directing the team from the lab.  And I liked that she brought up that having powers isn't how she's meant to save the world, that was what her reporting and writing was for.  

Blogging isn't really a storyline for her, but it's definitely a good first baby step. Hopefully they can incorporate it into the show in a unique way.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not sure how practical reviving her old blog about Flash appearances is when they are kind of trying to keep a secret identity going (and for once, Barry didn't tell the new meta who he is though he exposed everyone else on the team, lol) but I like that Iris acknowledged that she needs her own thing and that she at least set in the right direction of recapturing her old fire.  

Now let's see if they actually work it into the show in the future but if they do, this is the episode that did the course correction.  

I suspect maybe they brought back the blogging because she can do that from anywhere and it's a relatively solitary activity - so they don't have to devote any sets or extra characters to maintaining that kind of storyline (if they intend to). And this way she'll always be working on something Flash-related, so they can easily just bring it back when the story calls for it.

• Love 4
On 3/13/2018 at 6:33 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Found it!

What was it like to put on the mask?

PATTON: The mask was a bit of a challenge, and it evolved through trial and error.

HELBING: You decide, “Candice is gonna have powers!,” and then you design the costume, but you have to figure out the mask and how to organically fit that into the story. The first version we had her put on, I got this text from Candice that was, “This is not happening!”

PATTON: It was supposed to be Ralph Dibney’s mask, but he’s a structured man, so that was not cute on my face. We put it on at the fitting and I immediately told Todd, “No.” I trolled him, all day, sending him photos of what I thought I looked like, like a Minion. I was like, “Please don’t make me look like this on screen.” I trolled him all day with photos, until he said, “Okay, let’s figure something else out.”

HELBING: As a guy, sometimes I don’t know what’s gonna look the best.

PATTON: Finally, we came up with the Domino mask.

HELBING: It looks great!

PATTON: You just stick some tape on it and stick it on your face. It’s not super fun, but it’s not a cowl.

http://collider.com/the-flash-season-4-episode-16-candice-patton-interview/#cw

• Love 3