Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

FLA405c_0082b.jpg&key=ad4541526e62a8d773

Is it me, or does she look uncannily like Teri Hatcher in this pic (in the face)?

I think Katee Sakoff looks horribly plastic there. I'm assuming she didn't have surgery and it's just awful makeup but, it's not a good look IMO.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Curious. Did they give a reason for the recast? Isn't that the 2nd time they recast Ivy? 

I've been looking all over and I can't find any reason.  I'm so confused by all of this.   I clearly see why Foley was recast and what their intent was.   This completely boggles the mind.  And I've grown fond of Maggie. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

The next evolution of the character. They decided to age her up again. 

Is that a guess or info from somewhere?  Because mentally Ivy was still a kid but the jump from her current apparent age to the age of Payton List can't be that big but I can't imagine Payton List, as much as I did like her on the doomed Frequency show acting like the previous Ivy.  I can see the show wanting to vamp up their Ivy but I really enjoyed the more innocent version we had.  I'll miss her character.  

Andrew Kreisberg said that he's still a regular and he'll be back, but he also said it's hard for them to figure out what to do with two speedsters on the show. He also said that he's coming back to the Arrowverse in general, so that's kind of implying he might show up on other shows and not just The Flash? It was kind of vague, actually. I didn't get the impression that he's going to be on all the time anymore.

Has this been posted already? Apologies if I missed it.

'The Flash' EP On Next Week's Costume-Free Episode and the Upcoming Crossover

The November 6 episode of The Flash is titled "Girls Night Out" and in addition to introducing Katee Sackhoff as the villainous Amunet Black, the episode will also feature a Flash first: The red costume worn by Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) is nowhere to be seen -- at least as far as it comes to being worn by its familiar owner.

"We wanted to do something we'd never done before. It's interesting, because I think it's the first episode we've ever done where Barry doesn't wear the suit," Flash Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg told a room full of press following a screening of this week's new episode of the show, "Elongated Journey Into Night."

"We started with the concept of 'wouldn't it be really funny if Barry goes for a bachelor party with the guys, and Iris goes for a bachelorette party with the girls, and the guys end up having the worst night ever and the girls end up saving the city'?" Kreisberg says about the development of the episode. "That was where the episode started from, and that's where it ended up."

• Love 3

"We started with the concept of 'wouldn't it be really funny if Barry goes for a bachelor party with the guys, and Iris goes for a bachelorette party with the girls, and the guys end up having the worst night ever and the girls end up saving the city'?" Kreisberg says about the development of the episode. "That was where the episode started from, and that's where it ended up.

I probably really will enjoy the episode, but good grief, they just are so clueless how they come off.  This really reads like they were making some big joke about the girls being able to save the city in the writer's room, but when they stopped laughing, decided to go with it.  Because is was soooo surprising of a twist.  Sigh.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

He only was gone for the episode (to ask why he was getting dumped).  It would make more sense IMO if he was on another earth than just hanging with a friend away from Central City.  

Yeah, but I feel like someone should have noticed because they cold have used his help during the episode. I'll admit that I've forgotten about Wally sometimes, but in this episode, I did keep wondering where he was. Maybe because I felt bad for him and that breakup at the beginning. 

• Love 3

Epic Television Scores: The Music of the ‘Arrowverse’
BY ALYSSA TIEMAN   AUGUST 15, 2017 // 8:20 PM
http://fanfest.com/2017/08/15/epic-television-scores-the-music-of-the-arrowverse/

With Arrow, Neely plays to the darker themes of the show. What’s interesting is that the music is sometimes very heavy, but still gives you that sense of motion. The themes for both the Dark Archer and Deathstroke are prime examples of this. But really, my favorite part is when the main theme of the show starts in toward the end of a scene and leads into the show title. It’s a very driving theme and is always placed perfectly within a scene. Neely also does a masterful job with the more melodic pieces, adding that increased sense of emotion into a scene, like in the season one finale, “Sacrifice.”

With The Flash, Neely did a fantastic job harnessing the momentum of the series and delivering a theme that makes us feel like we are running with Barry. The Flash has a much lighter tone than Arrow, but we still get music that is packed with emotion like in “How it Ended/Reluctant Hero.” I think that how Reverse-Flash’s theme was done is one of my favorites from all four shows. It’s such a cool and different sound, and adds a sense of anxiety because you know that he’s coming. Another piece that deserves a lot of praise is “Let it Snow Villains.”

With Supergirl, Neely really delivered a grandiose score. For Supergirl’s main theme, you have the driving undertone, but then the trumpets take over to belt out the main theme line. It then transitions into the feeling of flying. The music is very fitting of a Super. Currently, only the season 1 soundtrack is available, but two of my favorites off of the album are “A Hero Emerges” and “Hope Speech/Lifting Fort Rozz.”

Legends of Tomorrow is a beast in its own as you have to account for an ensemble cast. Neely succeeds in finding a balance between all of the Legends and also creates a theme that encompasses them all. My favorite music moment comes at the end of “Nuclear Missile Sale.”  It’s just so awesome. Vandal Savage’s theme is also really cool and speaks to the ruthless nature of the character. It starts out really subtle and then just explodes in the end.

My absolute favorite thing about the work that Neely has done in the Arrowverse is when our heroes crossover. Some of my favorite pieces are from the weaving together of the different themes. I’m super excited for when the past season soundtrack comes out and we get the music for the epic four-way crossover event. A prime example of his ability to blend the themes is in the the two-part Flash vs. Arrow crossover event with the pieces “The Brave and the Bold” and “The Flash vs. Arrow.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

15 Characters That Make Us Want To Rage Quit The Arrowverse
10.30.17  by Stephanie Holland
https://www.cbr.com/annoying-arrowverse-characters/

8. CURTIS – ARROW
.  .  .
In Arrow’s season four finale, the emotional toll of defeating of Damien Darhk led to the separation of Team Arrow. This meant a new group of heroes would have to be assembled in season five. One of those new recruits was Felicity’s tech genius friend Curtis Holt. Curtis had already been let into the inner circle and helped Felicity with several tech problems, but now he wanted to train and become a full-fledged vigilante. He now fights on the team as Mister Terrific.

The only problem with this is, he is unbearable most of the time. Echo Kellum is very funny and does a fine job as Curtis, but his awkward rambling, ridiculously timed interruptions and obvious lack in skills compared to everyone else does make him seem just unwatchable at times.
1. BARRY – THE FLASH
.  .  .
Yes, Barry is the reason there is even an Arrowverse, since without him it would just be Arrow. However, that doesn’t get him off the hook for constantly meddling with the timeline. Way back in the season one finale, he learned not to mess with the timeline and yet he keeps travelling through time and changing things with a complete disregard to how it will affect other’s lives.

He reached the pinnacle of arrogance with season three’s “Flashpoint”. And of course, everyone’s lives were all messed up so he tried to set things right, which resulted in Caitlin becoming Killer Frost and Cisco losing his brother. Barry claims to have learned his lesson from the Speed Force, but you just know something is going to happen and he’s going to mess with time again. It seems not learning from his mistakes is Barry’s actual superpower.

15. TALIA AL GHUL – ARROW
14. MON-EL – SUPERGIRL
13. AMANDA WALLER – ARROW
12. KENDRA – LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
11. HARLEY/PIED PIPER – THE FLASH
10. LYRA – SUPERGIRL
9. JULIAN – THE FLASH
8. CURTIS – ARROW
7. HENRY HEWITT – THE FLASH
6. YOUNG MARTIN STEIN – LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
5. HR- THE FLASH
4. LENA LUTHOR – SUPERGIRL
3. PATTY – THE FLASH
2. CARRIE/CUPID – ARROW
1. BARRY – THE FLASH

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, Delphi said:

hmm,  I enjoyed Talia and think that she should have had more screen time.   Maybe I'm just biased in my love and appreciation of Lexa though. 

Lexa was great, but I still don't get what they brought Talia on for. The character served no purpose and was a waste of everyone's time. 

• Love 1

Yeah me either.  And maybe an 0.8 for Flash?  I don't know - I'm just guessing here. Last year Supergirl dropped from 0.82 to 0.64 Halloween night (per TVSeriesFinale).

Edited by Starfish35
10 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I totally laughed toward the end of this scene even though I had a feeling it was coming. I could totally watch a spinoff of Ray and Mick's adventures. 

That's awesome. :) And same here.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I'd pay real money for the writers to make Ray say that to Mick's face.

I'm happy to see there'll be at least a little interaction between Ray and Mick in this one. See writers? You can develop Ray and Mick while keeping Ray and Nate's broship intact. Ray can have two friends!!

• Love 7