Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Will Oliver use his fake real vows again? Write some new ones? Let's be real - that journal is full of various vows (along with his own Olicity fanfic he jots down in his spare time.) A skip to the I Do so they can get to the married sexin'? I wasn't a fan before, but now, give me all the Olicity marriage hearteyes! Bring it.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I actually agree there. Iris on the other hand, gets pushed aside as usual, but what else is new.

Iris isn't the only one getting pushed aside though. They're both having to share their wedding day, by the sounds of it. 

Just now, calliope1975 said:

Will Oliver use his fake real vows again? Write some new ones? Let's be real - that journal is full of various vows (along with his own Olicity fanfic he jots down in his spare time.) A skip to the I Do so they can get to the married sexin'? I wasn't a fan before, but now, give me all the Olicity marriage hearteyes! Bring it.

However crappy it is that they're having a crossover wedding, we can always count on SA's and EBR's heart eyes. 

Both Felicity and Iris seem like they would be easygoing enough to enjoy a double wedding. I can see them be all "awww let's get married together with our great loves. What a great idea"

Laurel on the other hand would beat Iris with a stick and stash her in the closet so she can have her glorious wedding with Ollie first. 

• Love 8

Honestly...this Mon-El stuff has me thinking I'm just going to sit this season of Supergirl out, at least until I see what's going on.  The whole Regina/Robin/Marian triangle turned out to be a big part of the reason I gave up OUAT - I could see something similar happening here, maybe without the actual literal cheating, but still. :(

5 minutes ago, tofutan said:

She could run off with Lighting Lad.

I just hope they don't Roswell!Tess her. That would make me so mad. 

Found by taurush on tumblr: 

Artist rendering of Saturn:

tumblr_n0h21xnmGN1sd2bsxo1_540.jpg

Versus Promo: 

tumblr_inline_owuj90cRcX1uqrtl5_540.gif

So unless Kara somehow knows about Mon-El being on Titan (how?), or this is actually Mon-El dreaming about Kara, not the other way around (then why is Alura in the field?) that would suggest that Saturn Girl might have something to do with the dream, which in turn means she should know about Kara, which makes it kind of shady that she would get involved with Mon-El in the first place. 

Oh brother.  I think I'm going to give this all a pass, at least until I see how it turns out.  I do not do well with this kind of stuff. :(

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Iris isn't the only one getting pushed aside though. They're both having to share their wedding day, by the sounds of it. 

Yeah, but there's a difference btw a spontaneous, unplanned one, and one that is being planned for months, like WestAllen's apparently will be. I mean, I get that it gets crashed by these villains and everything, so maybe it doesn't matter at that point.

5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I actually agree there. Iris on the other hand, gets pushed aside as usual, but what else is new.

As statsgirl pointed out in another thread, Iris is having a bachelorette party episode and she's on the comic cover made especially for the crossover. The WestAllen wedding will be getting all the official network promotion and the crossover press promotion. while the Olicity wedding will probably get no coverage because it's probably supposed to be a surprise. If that's Iris getting pushed aside, then she's having it better than all the other Arrowverse women.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

These are the important questions in life!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

9PM married sex is the next goal!!!!!

• Love 2

Felicity would have to be an extraordinary person to stand beside Iris, who is dressed in her white wedding finery, in just her ordinary clothes and be okay with that.

13 minutes ago, tofutan said:

Maybe there's an Earth-X Olicity that is already married while earth-1 Olicity are getting married? 

Isn't Earth-X Oliver an evil Nazi?

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think Iris would care about that either. Not after everything they've been through. If she did, I'd be disappointed. Maybe WA get married on Arrow and Olicity gets married on the Flash. LOL

See, I'd take ANYTHING separate at this point, but I'm beginning to be convinced that my worst fear about this whole thing (the two couples, one ceremony shit) is EXACTLY what they're going to end up doing at the end of LOT.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Felicity would have to be an extraordinary person to stand beside Iris, who is dressed in her white wedding finery, in just her ordinary clothes and be okay with that.

Do you have faith in your writers? No? Then you have your answer. 

On 22.9.2017 at 9:09 PM, LolaRuns said:

I'm not caught up on The Ray news. Is The Ray supposed to be native to the universe with all the evil Superheroes? And that's why it's called Freedom Fighters? 

If there is a chance that this Cold is also from this universe, I wonder if there is any chance that Cold and Ray are a couple. Since they made a big deal out of The Ray being the first gay superhero they are doing. And Wentworth has said before that he thinks of Cold as pansexual. 

Maybe that could be why Heatwave is shocked and what Melissa Benoist said in regards to two things that would make the fans go crazy (the other one being the wedding I assume). 

I think both Russel and Wentworth are out and fairly outspoken, so I could picture them being totally down for a storyline like that. 

I'd like to point out that I didn't know about the twitter person, I guessed this all on my own. If Cold is The Ray's boyfriend, does that mean that Wentworth will be in the cartoon show as well? 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Watch them put Felicity in jeans or something. She runs around in a dress and heels all the time, but this time, they'll have her dressed down completely casual just for this to happen. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

See after everything they've been through, her getting paralysed, fake wedding in the big dress while being heartbroken, dodging bombs on Lian Yu and thinking they'd never see each other again I can see Felicity being completely ok with it and not caring if she was in rags.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Watch them put Felicity in jeans or something. She runs around in a dress and heels all the time, but this time, they'll have her dressed down completely casual just for this to happen. 

So Felicity can really contrast with Iris in her beautiful dress.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Um, is Mon-El wearing a romper in that promo? 

Yes

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't get this. Why would she care? But then I"m not a wedding gal so I don't get it.

• Love 1

I'm gonna hold out hope that it's not a joint wedding. Technically it could be in the same episode but not at the same time, right? RIGHT? I mean, Olicity could get a "we might die soon, what are we waiting for?" quickie wedding earlier in the episode and then later WA could have their planned wedding, I guess? I'll take anything over the alternative right now. 

Edited by Guest
17 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Honestly...this Mon-El stuff has me thinking I'm just going to sit this season of Supergirl out, at least until I see what's going on.  The whole Regina/Robin/Marian triangle turned out to be a big part of the reason I gave up OUAT - I could see something similar happening here, maybe without the actual literal cheating, but still. :(

Oh brother.  I think I'm going to give this all a pass, at least until I see how it turns out.  I do not do well with this kind of stuff. :(

@tofutan's find makes me think the exact opposite. Kara's dream appears to be set when Mon-El is. Why? There's some connection and I think this marriage will turn out to be some sort of smokescreen and it will not be as it seems. Saturn Girl has telekinetic/telepathic powers and I think it will tie in somehow.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Xander said:

@tofutan's find makes me think the exact opposite. Kara's dream appears to be set when Mon-El is. Why? There's some connection and I think this marriage will turn out to be some sort of smokescreen and it will not be as it seems. Saturn Girl has telekinetic/telepathic powers and I think it will tie in somehow.

I hope you're right.  Just...ugh.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

Are Oliver and Felicity going to get engaged and married in the same day? (Just trying to wrap my head around how all this might play out.)

After Diggle marries Barry and Iris (wow I'm tired, almost typed Barry and Oliver), Oliver gets down on one knee before Felicity and asks her to marry him...right then, while they're all there together. 

There you go. :) 

More bits from scrolling through that new spoilers twitter:

More details on the Sara/Alex hookup.

Apparently, according to these two tweets, Winn is not going after all. It's just Kara and Alex from Supergirl's world.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SecretSpoils/status/91246397421767065

https://mobile.twitter.com/SecretSpoils/status/912468488945410050

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Felicity and Oliver already did the engagement. Been there, done that, got the bullet scars and shot up limo to prove it. No need for a redux. Maybe they're like me who thinks the engagement should be the time spent planning a wedding and voila, not necessary here. It also explains no Mama Smoak.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 7

Since we already got the Olicity faux white wedding with the big dress and big vows, I would be happy to have Oliver and Felicity plan to get married, get sidetracked by a huge emergency,  rappel into city hall/chapel, and say quick "I do's"  in front of Diggle while covered in soot.   Since Emily likes to get into the fake blood, I'm sure she will have some sort of gaping head wound when she puts the ring on Oliver's finger. They will then race out to finish off the bad guys. I hope that Felicity is wearing her black jeans, so that she can pull her hair out of the ponytail and they can finish off the night with happy-to-be-alive sex.

I'm not pleased about the two weddings schtick, and while I know that both Felicity and Iris are low maintenance (in fact, I think that Oliver is probably the biggest groomzilla in the group) but I feel like West Allen fans are getting cheated out of their big event.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

(in fact, I think that Oliver is probably the biggest groomzilla in the group)

Ooh! Here's something we can talk about; because I've been thinking that Barry would be a groomzilla. See: his first proposal to Iris; See also: when he made breakfast for Cisco. See also again: when he made breakfast for Iris.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I really would have thought they'd want to put William in the wedding this year. I can't see him being in the crossover, so that part surprises me.

hehe maybe they think the kid cannot pull off wedding face so decided to put the wedding in the crossover to avoid having to teach him how to do wedding face.

• Love 1
Just now, Trini said:

Ooh! Here's something we can talk about; because I've been thinking that Barry would be a groomzilla. See: his first proposal to Iris; See also: when he made breakfast for Cisco. See also again: when he made breakfast for Iris.

Barry will ask Cisco to make a rose petal canon which Oliver doesn't like because it will conflict with his "Winter Wonderland" theme.   

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

hehe maybe they think the kid cannot pull off wedding face so decided to put the wedding in the crossover to avoid having to teach him how to do wedding face.

Basically every scene they decided to put this child in he couldn't pull off. I don't see it as a deciding factor to be honest.

Maybe they skype him and Donna to see the ceremony, they just don't show the characters.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Barry will ask Cisco to make a rose petal canon which Oliver doesn't like because it will conflict with his "Winter Wonderland" theme.   

hahaha now there's an idea! 

Oliver and Barry plan a joint wedding and almost kill each other while Iris and Felicity try to smooth things over.

• Love 8

Iris: Babe, no one's gonna care about the color of the napkins-
Barry: Oliver had no right to change it! Now it clashes with the dinnerware pattern!
Oliver: It highlights the centerpiece color scheme! It looks better now, and you know it!
Felicity: Sweetie, Barry was in charge of table settings. We talked about this...

Edited by Trini
  • Love 12

What if at the bachelorette party a drunk Felicity confesses to Iris how much she would like to get married to Ollie and that's why Iris invites Olicity to join into their wedding? 

they're saying that O/F are definitely getting married as well, and it looks like it actually is going to be a JOINT wedding 

as in, a cheesy double wedding scenario. from what i've read, it seems WA's wedding will be interrupted, and then the real one happens at the end on Legends, and basically Oliver and Felicity get invited to come up and join them at the altar.

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/flash-spoilers-speculation-52-dear-speedforce-give-barry-allen-back-flash-fans-63196444/index6.html

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

hahaha now there's an idea! 

Oliver and Barry plan a joint wedding and almost kill each other while Iris and Felicity try to smooth things over.

Now that would actually be funny but I can't believe it looks like a joint wedding might actually go ahead. Please let it be separate ceremonies at least, sigh. I did think they'd want to include William in it, which is one of the reasons I was still discounting it  even with the Dig two weddings thing but it would fit in with the simply using the kid as a prop as and when they feel like it. Alex and Sara hook up before the wedding I can believe and that might be fun in a cliché way.

It just has a high chance of making the next few weeks unpleasant fandom wise which I am not looking forward to with WestAllen fans complaining Olicity are stealing their thunder and making it all about them even though it probably won't be promoted until it happens and Olicity fans annoyed that their ship is also sharing the spotlight after so many years of build up to it with no promotion, ugh.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Emily said the two lies, one truth about the season, not the crossover..

Two couples standing together at the altar sounds sooo cringeworthy to me but no William and Oliver and Felicity possibly in their usual clothes sounds good! Spontaneous, in their everyday clothes is the wedding I'd choose, partially because I find the white dress boring and also because I didn't like any of the wedding dresses they chose so far and Felicity's and fake Laurel's didn't even fit while Felicity's usual wardrobe is pretty great.

3 hours ago, lemotomato said:

As statsgirl pointed out in another thread, Iris is having a bachelorette party episode and she's on the comic cover made especially for the crossover. The WestAllen wedding will be getting all the official network promotion and the crossover press promotion. while the Olicity wedding will probably get no coverage because it's probably supposed to be a surprise. If that's Iris getting pushed aside, then she's having it better than all the other Arrowverse women.

Yeah but, in the end Olicity will end up getting all the Social Media and Media attention.

Like KenP Said Olicity will totally steal WA's Thunder. ??

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe she takes her father’s place as part of Firestorm. Jax has always been the physical manifestation. (Not sure how that works but Jax replaced Ronnie.?)

I'd love to get Lilly on the Waverider permanently so she and Ray can start dating, lol.  I think Lilly is too old to be Jax's love interest.

4 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

This seems to confirm that Stein is the one that dies:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pursuit23/status/912520919272189953

IMG_2188.PNG

Makes me sad for his poor wife that has patiently been waiting for her husband to come home.  

4 hours ago, ruby24 said:

Sigh. All those male writers. Now that I think about it, this is exactly the kind of thing that a bunch of dudes would think is cool, because who really cares about the "specialness" of one wedding/couple versus the other? As long as they tie the knot it's all the same, right? The more the merrier!

Gotta tell you guys, I think most brides would really, really resent the idea of having another couple randomly join them at the altar, lol. And then that's like, the memory of their wedding forever, tied to other people. But my guess is that does not even occur to them, they probably think the idea of a double wedding is just cool as a stunt-type thing and wondered how they could do it.

If they are after recreating thinks from their childhoods then the cheesy 80's double wedding absolutely fits the bill.  I find I don't even mind because I know Olicity will bring it no matter what.  My biggest issue actually is the logistics of the marriage license.  Unless maybe you are out to sea or something, it's technically the paperwork that pronounces you married, not the ceremony.   A judge could marry you but if you don't get the paperwork signed and turned in, it doesn't count. ( It's why the oops, I got married in Vegas storylines don't work for me because even there the couples first have to go get a marriage license which they can't get if they seem drunk.) 

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Good thing Felicity IS an extraordinary person.  :D  

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

So Felicity can really contrast with Iris in her beautiful dress.

Perhaps Iris will also be dressed down, only getting to wear the dress early on.  

3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I think it depends on whether they do an actual side-by-side double wedding, or they do like @Xander suggested yesterday - WestAllen gets married, and then Olicity decides "well since everyone's here already...."

I could see It happening during the reception phase.  Oliver and Felicity leaning into each other and holding hands and talking about how they want that to be them and one of them asking why wait?  

• Love 2

MG is a lawyer and has written what we saw of Laurel in court ignoring everything he is supposed to know on the subject, I don't see that changing now, LOL. We were supposed to believe she arrested DD without even checking his ID..so realistic..

I think all of them dresses in everyday clothes is a good guess..if the planned wedding is at the beginning and gets interrupted I don't see them dressing up again after the big fight but just do it..now I'm picturing Barry and Oliver in their suits without the masks and NOOOOOO ????

• Love 1