Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Horace Van Der Gelder is the male lead opposite Dolly.  I don't see how Victor Garber can do both roles.

With Steins arc this season being him wanting to retire from the team, I fear he will now.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2017 at 5:32 AM, LolaRuns said:

I like WestAllen in a casual way and don't understand all the negativity towards them. I think they are cute. 

Some people are negative toward WestAllen because of Barry but I fucking love them. Iris is probably the only one that makes me tolerate Barry...for the most part. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

From our discussion a couple weeks ago about production dates, Legends runs to February 26.  So...yeah. That's worrying.  

I'm confused. I thought the discussion was 13 v 17. Wouldn't that put it at 17? I thought that was around the time they wrapped last year.

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm confused. I thought the discussion was 13 v 17. Wouldn't that put it at 17? I thought that was around the time they wrapped last year.

I don't think we ever came up with a definite number for LOT, but I did think it had been confirmed somewhere it was 17 episodes like last year.

From the Creative BC Film In Production list:

DC: LEGENDS OF TOMORROW ~ SEASON 3

Local Production Company: Silverstrand Production Services

Director: David Geddes, Alexandra La Roche

Exec. Producer(s): Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Phil Klemmer, Chris Fedak

Producer: Vladimir Stefoff

PM: Catou Kearney, Jennifer Nick (UM)

PC: Anita Truelove

LM: Peter Klassen, Trevor Metz

ALM: Andrew Marles, Cole Boughton, Bonny Northcott

Extras: Sandra Ken Freeman

Production Address: 200 - 8085 Glenwood Drive, Burnaby, BC, V3N 5C8

Sched: Jul 06/17 - Feb 26/18

Email: production@waveriderfilms.com

Tel: 604-639-1855

https://www.creativebc.com/crbc-services/motion-picture-services/in-production/films.php?type=series

So it looks close to 17 at least. It does seem like either VG is leaving the show or has asked for time off ala Arthur Darvill. It's sad but not surprising that VG might want to leave considering how in demand he is and he originally took the role as a favour to Berlanti IIRC. I guess they can always just have Jax as the mechanic or find another half for Firestorm as they did before.

• Love 1

Remember that old Birds of Prey tv show? Dina Meyer (Oracle), Ashley Scott (Huntress) and Rachel Skarston (Black Canary) reunited at Dragon Con on Sep. 1 (fyi, there's a recording gap between parts 1 and 2)...

Birds Of Prey Reunion part 1 Dragon Con 2017
Published on Sep 5, 2017, by indigo8014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGBdS8qpNg

Birds Of Prey Reunion part 2 Dragon Con 2017
Published on Sep 5, 2017, by indigo8014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0sE3RLlMH8

Dragon Con's recap of this panel (I only quoted portions)...

Birds of Prey Rock the Hyatt
Nancy Northcott September 2, 2017
http://dailydragon.dragoncon.org/2017/birds-of-prey-rock-the-hyatt/

... The panel opened with Skarsten announcing that she had exactly doubled her age since the shooting of the series. She was then 16 and is now 32. Scott then announced that she had just celebrated her 40th birthday, and Meyer, smiling, said, “Welcome to the club.”
Another fan wanted to know how intensive the physical training for the show had been. Scott replied that she started tae kwon do and boxing about six weeks before the show, getting in shape, and spent about eight hours a day to get the fight sequences down.

Skarsten quipped, “I spent many hours in front of a mirror, staring,” and Scott added, “Now she can move things with her mind.”
Gowell asked whether the actors knew in advance that Birds of Prey had been cancelled. Skarsten said they knew about five episodes in advance. Scott said that was heartbreaking but worked out well because they got to create an ending, to shoot what the production team really wanted, and the last episode was strong in character and tone.
All three actors said they would do Birds of Prey again if the opportunity arose.

A question from the audience spurred a discussion of cutting-edge female superheroes. The questioner noted that Birds of Prey may have been ahead of its time and noted that there were many strong female characters on TV now. Skarsten said they were before their time and that if the show had started in the current era, it would still be running. Scott added that Arrow has a similar vibe to Birds of Prey.

Skarsten noted that Smallville was on at the same time as Birds of Prey, indicating that she thought there were reasons that Smallville hit and Birds of Prey didn’t. “A lot of it is luck of the draw,” she observed, noting that television now is less dependent on ratings. With so many outlets, shows are no longer given three episodes to hit big and then cancelled if they don’t.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Full programming schedule for New York Comic Con, Oct. 5-8, 2017 (no Arrowverse panels, but there will be panels for Marvel's Runaways, Agents of SHIELD, The Punisher and The Gifted, and DC's Gotham)...

Full Schedule: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Content/Panels-And-Screenings/View-All/#

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/48996/Hulu-and-Marvel-Television-Present-Marvels-Runaways

Hulu and Marvel Television Present Marvel's Runaways
October 06, 2017, 7:45 PM - 9:15 PM

Main Stage 1-D Presented by AT&T
Marvel’s Runaways makes a fresh landing in New York as Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, joins the stellar cast and executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage to let you in on some of the secrets and mysteries of the highly-anticipated, new Hulu Original Series, Marvel’s Runaways. You won’t want to miss this fun-filled panel featuring exclusive footage. And be sure to catch Season One of Marvel’s Runaways when it premieres on Hulu, Tuesday, November 21, 2017.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49005/Marvel-Television-Presents-Marvels-Agents-of-SHIELD

Marvel Television Presents: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
October 07, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM

The Theater at Madison Square Garden
Join Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, in celebrating Season Five of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., with the entire cast and executive producers as they come together at Madison Square Garden, for the very first time, with an action-packed panel, Q&A and never-before-seen footage. This is the one you've been waiting for!

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49006/Netflix-Presents-Marvels-The-Punisher

Netflix Presents Marvel's The Punisher
October 07, 2017, 5:15 PM - 6:15 PM

The Theater at Madison Square Garden
Join Jon Bernthal and the cast of Netflix's hotly-anticipated original series, Marvel's The Punisher, for a must-see panel and exclusive first look at the upcoming season, launching globally on the streaming service later this year. From executive producer and showrunner Steve Lightfoot, and executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory, Marvel's The Punisher follows Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal), a man who, after exacting revenge on those responsible for the death of his wife and children, uncovers a conspiracy that runs far deeper than New York’s criminal underworld. Jeph will moderate the can't-miss Q&A. Visit the NYCC online program for more details. 

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49066/Warner-Bros-Television-Takeover

Warner Bros. Television Takeover
October 08, 2017, 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM

Hammerstein Ballroom - 311 W 34th St
Join stars and producers from Warner Bros. Television series, including Blindspot, Castle Rock and Gotham for exclusive footage and Q&As at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
Gotham: Special Video Presentation and Q&A — As Gotham’s origin story continues to unfold, the stakes will be higher than ever in season 4! With the Court of Owls decimated, the aftermath of the Tetch virus crippling the city, and every (surviving) villain in Gotham’s underworld jockeying for power, Jim Gordon and the GCPD will have their hands full.   And that’s just the beginning!   What threat does Ra’s al Ghul pose, will Penguin successfully license crime, and what does Bruce Wayne’s season finale reveal mean for Gotham City, and his ultimate destiny?   Join Gotham as the show returns to New York Comic Con for a special video presentation, followed by a Q&A with series stars and producers. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham airs on its new night, Thursdays at 8/7c beginning September 21 on FOX, and Gotham: The Complete Third Season is available now on Digital, Blu-ray™ and DVD. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49022/The-Gifted

The Gifted
October 08, 2017, 2:45 PM - 3:45 PM

Main Stage 1-D Presented by AT&T
From 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television, “The Gifted” tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.  Executive-produced by Matt Nix, Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg, Jeph Loeb, Jim Chory and Len Wiseman. Join series stars and producers for an exclusive first-look of the second episode from the fall’s critically acclaimed new family adventure series which airs Mondays on FOX. Main Stage 

PLUS Find your GIFT, find your power!  Visit FOX Booth #320 where you can harness your own mutant powers to win a prize from THE GIFTED vending machine. Using Kinect technology, take control of the machine and walk away with exclusive prizes and a video showcasing your new mutant skills!

Also: some other, non-superhero panels of note scheduled at NYCC 2017...

ABC's Once Upon a Time

The Orville

Archie Comics: Riverdale Revealed

Star Trek: Discovery

Psych Reunion and Movie Sneak Peek

The Romance Revolution [renaissance in comics romance titles]

AMC's The Walking Dead

Doctor Who and Torchwood Comics [will include special message from Captain Jack]

Deception Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screening and Q&A [new Greg Berlanti show]

The X-Files

Edited by tv echo

I wanted to love Birds of Prey because of the comics and because I love Dina Meyer, but to be honest, it was pretty bad. IMO it came out during a time when most people didn't grasp what parts of comics worked for general audiences and which you hence had to take with you when adapting. 

• Love 1

New CW promo - I spotted Black Lightning, Dinah/BC and Black Siren, but no one else from the Arrowverse (did I miss anyone?)...

This Season on The CW | The CW
Published on Sep 5, 2017, by The CW Television Network

ETA: Media article about this new CW promo video - they also spotted Curtis/Mr. Terrific running in costume...

Arrow Season 6: Does This New CW Promo Show Us Another Lian Yu Survivor?
Posted by Dan Wickline September 5, 2017 
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/05/arrow-season-6-another-lian-yu-survivor/

The CW loves their edgy, music filled bumpers and photos. Every year, they do a batch of photos and videos for each series that they can then use for promo. And then often the released a behind-the-scenes video of those shoots. A promo of the promos being filmed. This year’s batch had a few missing. There wasn’t anyone from Supernatural, The 100, Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow… and maybe some more that I missed. Well represented were Riverdale, Dynasty, Valor, Jane the Virgin, Black Lightning and Arrow. And the last one is the most interesting.
We’ve been able to piece together some definites on who comes out all right. The fact that Juliana Harkavy, Katie Cassidy, and Rick Gomez were all made series regulars pretty much guaranteed they make it. Harkavy and Cassidy appear in the video below in costume. A third person also appears in costume, one that we don’t know for sure will be back… I mean, we assume he will be, but no guarantee. But since here he is, running in costume
Is this a sign the Curtis Holt (Echo Kellum), AKA Mr. Terrific, comes through all right? I can’t see why they would have him show up for a promo shoot, put him in costume and show him in the video if he wasn’t going to be in the new season and in costume. The pieces are coming together.

Edited by tv echo
Added Bleeding Cool article

DP dropped some Flash spoilers at Dragon Con (she also has directing aspirations)...

Dragon Con 2017: Danielle Panabaker drops 5 hints on THE FLASH Season 4
09/05/2017 11:00 AM BY HANNAH LODGE 
http://www.comicsbeat.com/dragon-con-2017-danielle-panabaker-drops-5-hints-on-the-flash-season-4/

1. There is a time jump: “I think it’s about 6 months between the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4,” she said. Panabaker confirmed the time jump will also address the departure of season 3 character Julian Albert, after it was announced that actor Tom Felton would not be returning for season 4.

2. Caitlin will not be a part of Team Flash: “Team Flash is certainly trying to function even without Barry. Iris has certainly stepped up and taken more of a leadership role. Kid Flash is still out there trying to fill The Flash’s shoes. You’ve got Cisco and Vibe trying to help as well. But Caitlin is not a part of Team Flash at the top of the season.”

3. Tom Cavanagh will be directing again (and Panabaker would love to, too): “I’m totally inspired by Tom Cavanagh, who directed last season and has just directed again. He directed our 4th episode this season. I’m no Tom Cavanagh, but he made it look so easy. I would love to follow in his footsteps and maybe get to direct an episode of The Flash.”

4. It seems likely we’ll see both Caitlin and Killer Frost: “All I can say is: if you like Caitlin Snow, you won’t be disappointed. If you like Killer Frost, you won’t be disappointed.” This may confirm recent rumors that Panabaker has been seen filming in both Killer Frost and Caitlin Snow costumes.

5. There are NO plans for another musical episode: “That musical was pretty ambitious. I think by the time we finished the musical, we were pretty exhausted. To the best of my knowledge we’re not going to do that again this year.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, tv echo said:

New CW promo - I spotted Black Lightning, Dinah/BC and Black Siren, but no one else from the Arrowverse (did I miss anyone?)...

This Season on The CW | The CW
Published on Sep 5, 2017, by The CW Television Network

Curtis was there, too, running in slow motion. I didn't see anybody else in the Arrowverse.

I can't even call that featuring them, those were pretty blink and you miss shots. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Curtis was there, too, running in slow motion. I didn't see anybody else in the Arrowverse.

I can't even call that featuring them, those were pretty blink and you miss shots. 

they basically used all the people that had photo shoots earlier this year.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

To end the discussion about LOT episode order. Its 18. Finally confirmed by Marc in his collider interview. 

Yup. I guess the show is not being cut short for Black Lightening after all. He also said Legends budget is pretty much the same as the other super powered shows.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Yup. I guess the show is not being cut short for Black Lightening after all. He also said Legends budget is pretty much the same as the other super powered shows.

We  wont know where LOT will end up when midseason start until CW releases the midseason schedule. So LOT can (and i am expecting it honestly) be moved to another night. 

6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

We  wont know where LOT will end up when midseason start until CW releases the midseason schedule. So LOT can (and i am expecting it honestly) be moved to another night. 

I'm talking about Legends episode order being cut down to 13 to accomadate BL which was speculated here.

• Love 1

I always thought it was speculated that BL will most likely moved after Flash to give them the best possible exposure. 

Also after one of the CWs show got their episode order for the new season cut by 4 episodes it would not surprise me if other shows my experience the same. 

13 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I'm talking about Legends episode order being cut down to 13 to accomadate BL which was speculated here.

Yeah that's been put to rest, and they get an extra episode, which is nice.

I always thought it was speculated that BL will most likely moved after Flash to give them the best possible exposure. 

Very possible, but hasn't Flash been one of those popular shows that don't actually act as a particularly good boosting lead in? They might also think BL can launch on its own with it having the "Black Superhero Family" angle and the possible buzz from a successful Black Panther movie in February, in the same way Twilight/general vampire buzz (+ the promise of it being "sexier") helped TVD. Could go either way I think. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if LOT moves.

Also after one of the CWs show got their episode order for the new season cut by 4 episodes it would not surprise me if other shows my experience the same. 

Again it's possible but I would be surprised if it happened to LOT this season. They've already given it one more ep than last season, which was one more ep than the season before. It's ratings weren't spectacular but they were on par with Arrow and much better than JTV which had it's order reduced to 17 (though JTV is cheaper than all DC shows but it doesn't have the collective reach they do). It also might have been reduced due to scheduling but if that was a concern for LOT with 18 they'd never have given it 18 in the first place. I can't see any of the other DC shows dropping ep orders either at this point, though maybe next season if they want to do a mass renewal of everything again and more of their new shows stick.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

Are you talking about JtV or another show? I think JtV's episode cut had to do with its move to Friday (and probably also its low ratings).  

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's been out for a week, and this isn't spoilery at all regarding the plot, so I think it's safe to post it here.  From Batman and Harley Quinn: I dare anyone to NOT laugh!

??????????

Well now that song is going to stick in my head for a while.  Ha!  I love the randomness of a musical interlude.  So much booty shaking.  

10 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

Can someone explain why Flash is a 6 month time jump and arrow is apparently 5 months. How does this explain the crossover?

They don't have Felicity to do their math?  

• Love 4

Reposting this from the Spoiler Discussion thread because it includes Legends of Tomorrow spoilers/info...

32 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Here's my transcriptions from watching the new Collider video interview with MG (posted on page 6 of New Spoilers thread by @way2interested - thanks!). I'll also post them in the Mind Your Surroundings thread since he also talks about LoT (fyi, I didn't transcribe all of the nonspoilery portions)...

-- MG confirmed the episode orders for Arrow S6 (23 episodes) and LoT S3 (18 episodes). His official title for both shows is EP, but his job is show runner for both shows.

-- On Arrow S6 theme, MG: "It's family. It's not just, like, biological family, although that's a big component of the season, but it's also, like, sort of found families and, like, the families one develops as opposed to the one - you know, the family that one gets born into."

-- Per MG, in planning the 23 episodes, they talk a lot in terms of "tentpoles" or "chapters" (not "log lines" for episodes). Also, they generally think of the season in terms of 4 "narrative acts." They also plan for the mini breaks. They know that episode 8 is the crossover and episode 9 is the midseason finale, although that isn't "written in stone."

-- Per MG, they've talked about having a Big Bad for the first half of the season and a Big Bad for the second half of the season, and last year, they "flirted" with it with Tobias Church, who was the Big Bad for the first 5 or 6 episode, but at the end of the day, it's one television season and they want it to feel like one big narrative arc. That said, he hinted that they're doing things "a little differently" for the Big Bad in S6.

-- Per MG, they're in the process of breaking 609. They know how the season will end, and they know generally when they want certain things to happen.

-- Per MG, they'll do another topical episode this season, like they did the gun violence episode last season. MG: "I really want to tackle Black Lives Matter and I have a story idea for that." 

-- Per MG, "a great percentage of the directors are all returning people." Last year, they had a lot of new directors. For both Arrow and LoT, they try to make sure that 50% of the directing slate is diverse, which he defined to mean "basically anyone who's not a white guy. Either a person of color or a woman." This season there are only 1 or 2 brand new directors.

-- Interviewer asked if they were thinking in terms of Supernatural-distance for the Arrow series. MG said that "it's too far in the horizon." But he then quoted SA saying, "what's the point of doing the first five if you're not going to do the second five." MG also mentioned TVD ending at around S8. He then said that he doesn't know "what numbers we have to do in order to stay on the air through Season 10"  and that it's not just about live ratings any more but also about streaming ratings. He said that Arrow's live ratings went down 20% from S4 to S5, but that it's streaming ratings went up 17%, so that it's only a 3% loss over the course of Seasons 4 to 5.

-- Interviewer mentioned that when he announced that he was going to interview MG, he got a lot of questions. MG then asked, "A lot? Or a-locity?" Interviewer said that, yes, he did get multiple questions about that.

-- MG said that he was talking with Andrew Kreisberg about an "arena" idea for next season's crossover (Arrow S7).

-- Per MG, the template that gets set for a show after a few seasons is a "narrative template," rather than a "production template." They're limited only by their budget, but they can go over budget on one episode as long as they make it up on another episode (example: "bottle episodes").

-- Interviewer said that the reason Arrow is successful is because of the characters and asked MG if he ever thought of having an episode about, like, a dinner party, where the characters are just arguing about movies, doing this and that, etc. Interviewer then mentioned that his fave scene in the Avengers movie was when the Avengers sat around talking about who can lift Thor's hammer (no action). MG: "Did my line producer put you up to this? ... I think in Season 6 of Arrow, we now have, quote, unquote, the right to try an experimental episode like that. And, um, I'm certainly more intrigued by doing an episode like that, as opposed to a bottle episode where we're trying to tell a regular story but we're just doing it in all of our standing sets and doing it on the cheap.... Certainly, that would be cool. I would love to do just a pure, character-based episode."

-- MG said that they "let a lot of sunshine" into S4 because S3 was "so unrelentingly dark." He said that he and CW Pres. Mark Pedowitz debate over which seasons of Arrow were the darkest. Pedowitz thought S2 was the darkest because they killed off Moira. MG disagreed because that was only 1 episode out of 23, whereas S3 was "so unrelentingly dark... It started off with Sara's death and it just never let up." So in S4, they "opened up the blinds and let some sunlight in. And people didn't dig that." MG really liked S4 and thought it had a lot of great episodes, but "people really did not dig that." He said it was a "good reminder" that people don't necessarily want a lot of lightness on Arrow. However, he said that they have to have a good balance and "mix it up" but without changing the overall tone of Arrow.(*)

(* tv echo: I have to disagree with MG's interpretation of S4. Live ratings for S4 were great during the first half of the season when episodes were relatively lighter. Ratings didn't drop until S4 turned dark after 415 with the Olicity/BMD break-up and Laurel's death. However, I have a feeling that MG got a lot of hate mail about S4 from certain segments of the fandom.)

-- Per MG, James Bamford has been promoted to "the producing director on Arrow in Season 6."

-- On LoT episode orders, MG: "Season 1 was 16, Season 2 was 17, and Season 3's going to be 18... I think that 18 is probably the most we can do. It's a very, very, very ambitious show, even compared to the other shows, because of the ensemble nature." Also, he said that LoT's budget was "pretty similar to the other super-powered shows. It's just the... production challenges." Every week they have to create a different time period and every week they have to have "all these superpowers on display."  In contrast, on Flash, "he's just running fast," and on Supergirl, "she's just flying." But on LoT, they have 3 characters who fly, etc., plus time travel and "historical accuracy," costumes, etc.

-- On LoT, MG: "We're going to a circus in the 1800s, we're going to Victorian London, sort of doing our send-up of sort of a Penny Dreadful kind of episode. Uh, we're doing the Golden Age of Hollywood... We're going to go back to Aruba... It's madness. It's just total insanity."

-- Same writing process for both Arrow and Lot, but just different mind set.  LoT is "fun and frothy" while Arrow is "grim and gritty."

-- On LoT S3 theme, MG: "Growing up... I say that with the caveat that the show's always going to be fun. We're never going to have anyone grow up too much. But our characters are kind of like Peter Pan and the Waverider's their Neverland. And over the course of the season, everyone's going to - in their own way and in a way true to their character and true to the tone of the show - will confront the issue of growing up."

-- Interviewer then turned to the fan questions that he received, saying: "Putting a lot together, there were a lot of questions about Felicity. I think that, from what I deduced, and I've probably already figured this out, and you know this, is that people really care about her. That's what I got from Twitter." MG: "I'd say that's accurate." Interviewer: "So what can you tease - obviously she's going to be back this season. That's obvious. What can you tease, if anything?" MG: "We are actually - last year we wanted to, uh, do her own business story, and we got sidetracked by this Helix storyline that we came up with for her. But we're finally doing a business this year. Um, in fact, um, one of the questions I get a lot on Twitter is, 'what does so-and-so do for money? what does so-and-so do for money?'" They then veered off into a discussion of little production details, continuity, and a Game of Thrones discussion ("how long it takes a raven to get from Point A to Point B").

-- Returning to Felicity, MG confirmed that she will create her own business. MG: "We have another storyline for her in the back half of the year that, uh, I quite frankly don't want to spoil. But, uh, it involves... It involves a situation that is separate from the team. Um, because one of the things - ... Not a solo episode. It's actually a storyline... It's really because, you know, for us, we don't want to - we always want to try to avoid Felicity only getting defined by her relationship to Oliver or her activities on the team. You know, we want to try to give Felicity as much of an outside life as possible. Um, while at the same time, still have the storylines feel like they're, you know, organic and part of the show."

-- Interviewer asked if MG dealt with "this" all day on Twitter because of Felicity, because he "got a lot of it." MG said that he doesn't "deal with a lot, to be honest with you." MG then said: "I hate to say it, but okay, I'm going to admit something.... If you're rude or obnoxious - and it doesn't have to be about Felicity, it could be about anything - I just mute you. I mute - mute, mute mute. Mute, mute, mute. I'm just muting, you know." He'll take 15 minutes and go through his timeline and "just mute the hell out of people." He said that he only mutes rude people because "you only want to spend so much time with negativity." He only mutes people who say things that they wouldn't say to his face.

-- Interviewer asked if there was the danger of seeing fans pitching ideas on Twitter and then the idea is "off the plate." MG replied that they don't see a lot of ideas posted on Twitter and that the only time that happened was when someone suggested on Twitter that Felicity's code name be Overwatch "and I thought, oh, that's really cool." And they did it on the show. But that's more the exception than the rule.

-- As for more spinoff shows, MG said that that was above his pay grade but that his feeling is that they're at a "saturation point."

-- On landing Michael Emerson for Arrow, MG: "We have been talking to Michael forever... And we talked to him a lot last year. We got really close last year but things didn't work out with his schedule, um, and, you know, he was just coming off Person of Interest and I think he wanted a little time off, which is very understandable. And basically we just came back around and we said, 'hey, remember us?' Um, and he could not be more lovely and could not be more fantastic on the show. His daillies are starting to come in and, um, he's Michael Emerson." MG refused to answer the interviewer's questions as to whether or not ME was the Big Bad of S6 and how many episodes he was pitched for. MG said only that ME knows exactly how many episodes he's going to be in on Arrow and that ME will have to fly in and out of Vancouver to shoot his episodes, although they're trying to bunch the shooting of his scenes together.

-- MG refused to confirm or deny whether or not Thea's going to survive the island explosion. Interviewer quoted MG's previous quote about how Thea's never going to die on Arrow. MG joked about how he's said a lot of things that he's gone back on. He referenced a previous S1 quote by him, AK and GB about how there would never be super powers on Arrow. Both he and the interviewer said that things change. MG noted that Thea was on 14 -16 episodes last season. MG: "Willa had asked us, you know, to reduce her work load, and we accommodated her." Interviewer: "So it's similar this year. Anyway - I won't make you answer." MG: "Yeah." He then referred back to how they're working with everybody's situations (regular cast and guest cast), what stories they want to tell, and what the cast wants to do (like, in terms of how many episodes they want to do, or other things they want to do).

-- Interviewer then asked if we'll see more romance this season (fan question). MG: "This is a coy way of finding out about Oliver and Felicity... Yeah, there's definitely some romance this year. Definitely some romance this year. I'm being very coy about it. I'm going to be as coy as the question."

-- Interviewer asked if they get a bump in budget with each additional season of Arrow and LoT. MG: "We don't get a bump. In fact, Warner Bros. does what's called a neutral budget, which is, once you factor in everyone's contractual and union required raises, that's your budget. So it's the same money that you had in Year 1, you have in Year 6, just adjusted for inflation.That said, um, we did get a new sound stage for Arrow this year. Because you move the money around. It's the same bucket, but how the money gets apportioned." Interviewer asked if the new sound stage was a villain lair or what. MG: "I will tell you, there's a sound stage that we have - that we've had since Season 1 - that we're losing due to construction around the area, and very soon it's going to become too noisy to shoot in it. So what we're doing is, we're destroying the stuff that we shoot on that sound stage, and somebody reconstructing... yes... We're writing to it." So they're doing something they normally couldn't do. MG then talked about making "lemons out of lemonade" and about how some great ideas came out of production challenges.

-- MG mentioned how in 601 they're going to flash back to right after the island explosion.

-- Interviewer asked if Slade Wilson was going to be redeemed or what. MG: "The way I like to think of Slade is, you know, that - we basically showed the audience at the end of Season 5 that the mirakuru's out of his system. So now we're dealing with a Slade Wilson's that's sort of in possession of all of his marbles. Um, but to me what makes the character so interesting is, he's never black or white. You know, he's never pure good or pure evil. He's complicated. Um, so to me, he's a character that's - it's not that he's beyond redemption, it's that you never know what you're going to get with him." MG said that, for a time, DC told them that they had plans for Deathstroke so Arrow couldn't use him, but then that changed at the end of the year. He knew that they were going back to Lian Yu at the end of S5, so he went to DC and got permission to use Deathstroke for the S5 finale and S6 premiere, as well as a Slade Wilson-centric story, the two-parter in S6: "Episodes 5 and 6 this year, where the flashbacks will be from Slade's perspective, and it's very much a Slade-Oliver two-hander." MG said that they just have "to operate within the requirements of DC."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

That seems somewhat disingenuous of MG to claim that it was the lightness of S4 that got criticism.  I mean yeah, I don't know what kind of hate mail he got, but most of the critics' reviews I read praised the lighter tone at the beginning of season four.  The things that got criticism were Laurel's raising of Sara from the dead, and the contrived baby mama drama introduced with Samantha in the crossover.  And then the back half of course got a lot of criticism, but I don't remember seeing any of it being about the "lightness".  It was the Olicity breakup and how it was handled, and then the mess that Darhk's plans turned into, and of course Laurel's death.  But none of that had to do with "lightness."

Grrrrr, more exploration of the "Nate and Ray bromance".  Was anyone really asking for that? I swear, if they lost Nate to a time anomaly, I would rejoice. :(

• Love 19

Will Barry and Iris definitely get married this season on The Flash? — Micah
Good news: Yes. Bad news: “They are finally going to get married this season and then it’s going to be: Can they stay married with everything that’s coming up against them?” EP Andrew Kreisberg teases.

Outside of the “Midvale” episode, are we going to see a bigger focus on the Danvers sisters this season on Supergirl? — Cheyenne
When I pressed EP Andrew Kreisberg on whether more of the Supergirlcharacters would get to take part in the upcoming four-way crossover event, he dropped quite a tease. “Kara and Alex are at the center of it through all four hours,” Kreisberg says. “One of the things we’ve been doing a lot this season is getting back to season 1 and really making it Danvers sisters-centric, so a lot of what’s going on this season is Kara and Alex doing things in tandem, and the crossover won’t be any different.”

What Arrow scoop did you get from your set visit last week? — Wayne
Each of the villains this season is basically matched to someone on the team, like Anatoly with Oliver or Black Siren and Black Canary — and the same can be said of Vigilante. “I know who he is,” Stephen Amell says. “I’m not going to tell you who he is, but I will tell you Vigilante is a villain, if you want to call him that, for a member of the team as well.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/spoiler-room-supergirl-arrow-good-place/

I seriously doubt they get divorced. If there's any sort of separation, it'll be exactly like it was last season, a 1-2 episode thing in the spring that's quickly resolved. This show has never liked to prolong interpersonal/familial conflicts.

Then they'll bring in Bart Allen next season and do some kind of Back to the Future storyline (my prediction).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

MG noted that Thea was on 14 -16 episodes last season. MG: "Willa had asked us, you know, to reduce her work load, and we accommodated her."

Someone's not telling the truth here.  Didn't Willa tell someone at a con that the episode reduction wasn't her choice?

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I seriously doubt they get divorced. If there's any sort of separation, it'll be exactly like it was last season, a 1-2 episode thing in the spring that's quickly resolved. This show has never liked to prolong interpersonal/familial conflicts.

all because nobody is allowed to be mad at Barry for longer than episode or two.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

all because nobody is allowed to be mad at Barry for longer than episode or two.

Perhaps. I think the longest one ever was Cisco because of what happened to Dante. Be that as it may, it's definitely the case, though. No West family conflict has ever lasted long, Wally being jealous of Barry in the beginning was very short-lived, Iris being mad at Joe was one episode and that was it. It's how they roll over there.

• Love 2

I still gonna say they getting some trouble. Especially since romance is not a tabu topic anymore and CW wants more female demo and CW thinks this will attract more female demo. 

Just now, ruby24 said:

Perhaps. I think the longest one ever was Cisco because of what happened to Dante. Be that as it may, it's definitely the case, though. No West family conflict has ever lasted long, Wally being jealous of Barry in the beginning was very short-lived, Iris being mad at Joe was one episode and that was it. It's how they roll over there.

More WA spoilers

The Scarlet Speedster will face more than just metahumans upon his return from the Speed Force.

As you’ll recall, Barry (Grant Gustin) sacrificed himself to save Central City, leaving Iris (Candice Patton) to step up as leader of Team Flash. This new dynamic will inject some humor into a much lighter fourth season.

“Barry and Iris keep comically clashing inadvertently because she’s used to being in charge, and he’s used to being in charge, and so they wind up going to couples therapy to work through it,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “The two of them with the therapist is some of the funniest stuff we have ever done on this show, but it also leads to a deepening of their relationship.”

Their journey to couples counseling is actually suggested by Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), whose relationship with Iris will strengthen this season. “Caitlin has been through so much herself in relationships, and if anyone can offer advice, it would be her,” Patton says. “She’s there quite often to give Iris advice on her relationship with Barry and how to move forward. It’s actually more her idea that they go to counseling and get help.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/09/07/flash-barry-iris-couples-therapy/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

At least the debate about weddings can stop now, yay! Haha. Let's hope they give Iris something more to do than just being Barry's wife though. ?

43 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Someone's not telling the truth here.  Didn't Willa tell someone at a con that the episode reduction wasn't her choice?

Yeah..they asked her something about Thea being more present during the season and she said it's not up to her..I really want to know what's up BTS of that show, lol.

I thought they were going to stall Barry and Iris some more because usually the wedding is where the relationship drama stops but from what AK said I don't think it's their intention to just let them be, lol..I hope at this point though they can create conflicts without separating them or it would have been for nothing and it makes no sense for me.

• Love 3

I never ever want to hear claims that Arrow is a soap opera when they're actually having couples therapy over on The Flash. ? ? ?

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I never ever want to hear claims that Arrow is a soap opera when they're actually having couples therapy over on The Flash. ? ? ?

SAME.

How did it go? Something something comic book show action not romance and relationships something something....

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2