Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Reposting because, why not?

Just got back from seeing Wonder Woman: BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Not since The Dark Knight have I thoroughly enjoyed and loved a DC movie! Can Patty Jenkins just direct them all?
If I could afford it, I'd watch this every night! TOTALLY getting this on bluray ??????
Gal Gadot now shares the spot with Lynda Carter as my favorite Diana/Wonder Woman!

• Love 7

The biggest reason why Arrow was falling behind was due to its failed efforts of trying to incorporate the extraordinary into the ordinary. Arrow is not like The Flash or Supergirl as he has no super speed or super strength; instead it is his ingenuity and smarts which are his biggest strengths. 

Pulled this from the article TVECHO posted that talked about why season 3 and 4 of Arrow didn't work (the fantastical elements).  They went on to praise Prometheus and while there were a lot of good things about Prometheus, can you imagine how great a season it would have been if Oliver's ingenuity and SMARTS were actually on display instead of the season ending basically on Oliver being his dumbest?  (Not securing Chase)

So that's my wish for next season, Oliver showing off his brain.  Then I can just assume last season most of the dumb was residual emotional trauma.  

• Love 15
(edited)

Yay!...

Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Opens to Historic $100.5M
7:15 AM PDT 6/4/2017 by Pamela McClintock 
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-wonder-woman-opens-historic-1005m-1010026

The tentpole lands the top domestic debut of all time for a female director, and launches the first major studio film franchise featuring a female superhero; overseas, the pic takes in $122.5 million for a $223 million global bow.

In a defining moment for Hollywood's gender problem, Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman grossed a winning $100.5 million from 4,165 theaters in its domestic box-office debut over the weekend, the biggest opening ever for a female director.

And overseas, Wonder Woman also won the weekend with $122.5 million from 55 markets for a global bow of $223 million, including a No. 1 debut in China with $38 million.

Hollywood studios are notoriously loath to hire female directors, not to mention for a big-budget tentpole featuring a marquee superhero. Wonder Woman's performance could put even more pressure on film companies to make more job offers to women filmmakers.

The $150 milllion Warner Bros. movie, which stars Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, also launches the first film franchise featuring a female superhero after both Catwoman and Elektra flopped in the mid-2000s. Wonder Woman — which has been in development since 1996 — skewed female (52 percent), almost unheard for a superhero title, which usually draws an audience that is 60 percent male.
Wonder Woman becomes the 16th superhero film to cross $100 million in its domestic box-office launch, a list that is topped by the likes of Marvel's The Avengers ($207 million), Avengers: Age of Ultron ($191.3 million), Captain America: Civil War ($179.1 million), Iron Man 3 ($174 million) and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice ($166 million). Wonder Woman beat out the openings of the first two Thor and Captain America movies, as well as the first Iron Man.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

I just saw Wonder Woman today and it was excellent. My expectations were kinda high after all the good reviews and the film delivered and more. Gal is truly wonderful as Diana. What a great film.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Wtf!!!! I'm Dexter!!!! I resent that!!!!!!

I got Barry Allen- I'll trade you?

Because yes I would rather be a sociopathic serial killer then Barry Allen :P

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I honestly thought I'd get Barry!

Anyone know if Ray Palmer is an option? Going to make hubby do it and I'll die if he gets Ray.

I think the trick to NOT getting Barry Allen is to pick all the bad moral options because of course Barry Allen is never selfish or has a perverse sense of morality am I right guys? ?

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I got Jake Green, too.  I don't know who he is . . . 

I have vague memories of Jericho.  It was a sci-fi series on CBS about 10 years ago starring Skeet Ulrich (Jake) that got cancelled after the first season and then renewed after fan outcry.  Last one more season.  Not sure I remember Jake being vigilante-like, though.  I remember liking his character, I think, so I'll take it, I guess.

• Love 1

Reese from Person of Interest...but I had to do it three times before I could shake being Barry Allen.  Finally when I swapped Persuasive for Brutal. (Brutally honest sometimes...it  fits, kinda)   

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Reese from Person of Interest...but I had to do it three times before I could shake being Barry Allen.  Finally when I swapped Persuasive for Brutal. (Brutally honest sometimes...it  fits, kinda)   

You got Mr Reese????? Damn you!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I'm Dexter, but fine with it.  At least I'm not Barry Allen.

That hurts. Just stab us poor souls in the heart why don't you :P

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

That hurts. Just stab us poor souls in the heart why don't you :P

Well, okay.  First I'll take samples of your blood for my collection, though.  I am Dexter, after all.

• Love 1

Something in the romance thread brought on this question for me. Who was Captain America's best friend in the comics?

I loved the best buddies triangle with Sam, Steve and Bucky. Especially the scene in the car with them grinning at him after he kissed Sharon Carter.

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

WHAAAAT?? YOU got Batman?'?

6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You got Mr Reese????? Damn you!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!!!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

WHAAAAT?? YOU got Batman?'?

SERIOUSLY!!!

I was kinda making peace with my Dexter thing (seriously though I am soooo not Dexter!!!!!!! Not even close!!!!!) and then she posted that she got Mr Reese and I was like "Hell no woman!!!! I don't accept this!"

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I was kinda making peace with my Dexter thing (seriously though I am soooo not Dexter!!!!!!! Not even close!!!!!) and then she posted that she got Mr Reese and I was like "Hell no woman!!!! I don't accept this!"

I KNOW! I wanted to get Reese, who was basically Batman (My NUMERO UNO) without the cape and cowl! I think I'll go take the test again UNTIL I get Reese!?

• Love 2

Looks like $103 million for Wonder Woman.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/wonder-woman-captain-underpants-weekend-box-office-opening-1202106462/

8th UPDATE, Monday, 7:10 AM: Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman beat its Sunday projections and will end her three-day reign with $103.1 million at the domestic box office. The Patty Jenkins-directed movie, which also reps the best opening ever for a female director, grossed $29.7M on Sunday, down 16% from WB’s revised Saturday of $35.2M — a fantastic hold that’s on par with Guardians Of The Galaxy‘s Sunday (-18%).

• Love 5
(edited)

Although I am ECSTATIC it's doing so well, It should have FUCKING made more than that piece of shitastic garbage that was Batman v. Superman.?

But I'll take what I can get and hope that it lasts longer in the theatres! I will do my part! As I stated in the movie thread, I must now go back and see this in IMAX!!!?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Aaaw, I think I may be the only one who wouldn't have minded Barry, if only because nobody's perfect. But if I could I would take all the Barry Allen's for you wonderful ladies. All of them! Also, it's clear now that Wonder Woman was too perfect, too pure to be on this list. To the capital "H" Hero corner with you, Madam! 

33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

CL has red hair!...

Can't edit out the top photo but, bottom left, by Caity...is that my buttercup? *squints* It is! Eddie! Did anyone know Rick Cosnett would be attending?

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Although I am ECSTATIC it's doing so well, It should have FUCKING made more than that piece of shitastic garbage that was Batman v. Superman.?

But I'll take what I can get and hope that it lasts longer in the theatres! I will do my part! As I stated in the movie thread, I must now go back and see this in IMAX!!!?

Oh I'm happy, considering the beginning (conservative) estimates from the studio had it at $65-75 million.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Same difference to be honest.

I got Oliver.  I'll take it. 

9 hours ago, Chaser said:

I'm loving the colors CL is dying her hair but I hope it doesn't fall out when she takes it back to blonde for LOT. Yikes.

If she is just adding color to it during the summer without stripping it out first, then she should be fine otherwise, yeah, Yikes.  

Gotham is full of so much crazy. It's the best. 

Tonight's season finale was awesome. 

Spoiler

Solomon Grundy! I swear, as that scene with Butch and Barbara opened my mind flashed to ole Solly. I guess this makes me clairvoyant? 

Spoiler

Loved Fish from jump so I'll miss her. I grew to love Barbara but I'll miss her as well. 

I also loved Tabitha so I'm thrilled that she's training Selina in Catwoman related skills. And my girl is a natural at the whip. 

Siddig's Ra's is perfect. I so need to see more of him right now. I'll be over here pouting about the summer hiatus. 

Brucey is suiting up! In ninja gear but it'll do. Reliving his parents' murders and this time stepping in to save the day. Nice way to come full circle. Nice use of the Lazarus pit too. I like that Ra's doesn't take any chances and just takes it with him. Well, I suppose they could do the "many around the world" thing from the comics but I doubt it. 

Great episode and great season. 

• Love 2

I know this is mean of me but I SO wish I could watch Gotham in general, but tonight's finale in particular, with the Arrow producers.  It would be so much fun because you just know they seethe every time they're reminded that Fox gets to play with the Batverse (and not the forgettable characters but the big ones) while they are only allowed to use an occasional Batverse character if it doesn't conflict with DC's other plans. 

Oh, and Gotham is already doing Ra's better, including the whole "I need an heir" thing.  Arrow's Ra's was miscast/badly written* so I was basically "Eh" during Oliver's conflict with the League.  Meanwhile I can't wait to see more of Gotham Ra's and his mission to make Bruce his heir and the various shenanigans of the League (and I NEED Ra's and Bullock to interact sooner rather than later).  I also hope we get Talia in some capacity, even if it's just a short arc.  Bruce and Selina are currently on the outs so now's a good time for his other major comic love interest to show up. 

*Full disclosure: I thought Ra's was fine on LOT but he also had much less to do and the focus was on getting Sara back on the Waverider so it's hard to say if he/the writing had improved or not.

• Love 2