Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not saying I want a WestAllen wedding but it would be a reason to get everyone in the same place and let them just have fun interacting with no pressure for a while and that i would like to see.  

I really wish the crossovers were used for this purpose, but unless they swerve, I feel like this one won't be either. Please, swerve.

12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think that scenario would fall under "How to Enrage Two Ship Fandoms 101". Westallen fans would be pissed off at the fakeout, and Olicity fans wouldn't want a castoff wedding.

As the fan who suggested it, I wouldn't be mad at all. In my mind it wouldn't be a castoff wedding, it would be the final kick in the nuts about what are they waiting for when being together is all they want. And it's not about taking over Barry and Iris' venue, but taking advantage of having everyone there. Possibly after defeating the crossover bad guy(s). Hey, Arrow's even the last show on the schedule, so you could have the WestAllen wedding blowing up on The Flash (and if it's set to happen during the crossover, I have a hard time believing it won't), then they have LoT and 98% of Arrow's episode to deal with the threat. Cue chilling out to celebrate and Felicity and Oliver take advantage of the company and the relaxed atmosphere. Hey, Ray can and has married people. (Not too crazy about that last part.)

• Love 4
(edited)

Nooo my Raylicity heart can't handle Ray marrying them. It would sting too much! For me! I'm sure you lot don't care =p

ETA: Sometimes I'm sad about the clever little Raylicity babies that will never be. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Nooo my Raylicity heart can't handle Ray marrying them. It would sting too much! For me! I'm sure you lot don't care =p

Ewwwwww I don't even want Ray at Olicitys wedding as a guest let alone a celebrant so count this as common ground for us. This is like the Israel/Palenstine treaty. 

You guys. Clearly Dig will come out of the other room where he's just finished getting ordained online to do it. Who else should be performing the ceremony but him?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

You guys. Clearly Dig will come out of the other room where he's just finished getting ordained online to do it. Who else should be performing the ceremony but him?

Head canon mercifully accepted!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's  personal opinion as to who is emotionally closer -- a couple who were engaged recently because Barry wanted to defy the universe, or a couple who got engaged because they loved each other and thought it was time, were tested and needed to become more mature apart, and are now together again.

Yes, definitely personal opinion; both Barry and Iris love each other and want to be together also.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Yeah, hard pass on Ray. I just can't imagine that he'd be able to not make it about him and NOPE. I like the guy.  Really want the poor sad sack to find love but I do NOT want sad puppy eyes looking at Felicity as she's saying her vows to Oliver.  I'd get over it cause, swoon - WEDDING! but I don't want it, lol.   

(edited)

Honestly, unpopular opinion time, but personally I'd rather no weddings in the crossovers.  Keep the weddings on their own shows, with a few crossover cameos as desired.  Perhaps jbuffy with her choo choo train theories followed by having to deal with a hallucinated Lauriver wedding has soured me on the whole thing, but I'm just not a fan of the idea.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 17
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Trini said:

Yes, definitely personal opinion; both Barry and Iris love each other and want to be together also.

Personally I don't think it matters where they are emotionally, I just would be surprised if they are allowed to make it to the altar with out something derailing their engagement.  Something more than being apart for five months OFFSCREEN.  TV couple stuff usually requires a hard break up during the first engagement.

Now I know WestAllen might buck the trend or maybe it's just a mind whammy or amnesia or frog eating clones that pushes the wedding date back but something more feels like it has to happen.  Barry being gone for a little while and then HEA seems to soon.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Honestly, unpopular opinion time, but personally I'd rather no weddings in the crossovers.  Keep the weddings on their own shows, with a few crossover cameos as desired.  

Not unpopular!

• Love 2
(edited)

Personally I don't think it matters where they are emotionally, I just would be surprised if they are allowed to make it to the altar with out something derailing their engagement.  Something more than being apart for five months OFFSCREEN.  TV couple stuff usually requires a hard break up during the first engagement.  

Yeah I'll be pretty surprised if Iris doesn't have another man in her life by the time Barry finds his way out of the Speed Force in a few months.

Edited by Starfish35
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Plus, The Flash is in the middle of crossover week. Serious shit gets down at that point. And they're not going to marry them on another show.

Yeah, but in this case they've already had two separate proposals, so I don't think they're breaking up again. I could see the wedding being derailed by the crossover villain stuff though.

Then they could marry them in a small, intimate wedding in the Christmas episode right after it and send them off on a honeymoon for winter hiatus.

• Love 1

Plus, The Flash is in the middle of crossover week. Serious shit gets down at that point. And they're not going to marry them on another show.

Technically, it would them NOT getting married shown on some other show.  ;)

I actually hope the crossover blurs the lines about which show is which.  I think that makes for a better story.  I don't really care where the story is happening or when my favorites get their best moments, I just want four hours of good entertainment.  I wish they'd just take the characters and make that happen without worrying about how it looks as an Arrow or Flash episode.  

• Love 2

Do the other shows' crossover parts get included in individual shows' DVDs? I think that also plays a part in how the storyline unfolds. 

I think so.  MG has talked about them being included on the LoT DVD so I can't imagine the other shows wouldn't contiue to get all the crossover parts as well.  It has to make syndication and even Netflix binging complicated though.  

• Love 1

I think so.  MG has talked about them being included on the LoT DVD so I can't imagine the other shows wouldn't contiue to get all the crossover parts as well.  It has to make syndication and even Netflix binging complicated though.  

I brought all the Arrow DVD sets except season 4- which I purchased on iTunes instead- They didn't include any crossover episodes on the DVDs

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Personally I don't think it matters where they are emotionally, I just would be surprised if they are allowed to make it to the altar with out something derailing their engagement.

I think the break-up and banishment to the Speed Force count as derailments. But I wouldn't be surprised at another hiccup.

9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Do the other shows' crossover parts get included in individual shows' DVDs? I think that also plays a part in how the storyline unfolds. 

The press release for Supergirl's Season 2 DVDs is out, and it doesn't have the crossover episodes. But the other shows should.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I brought all the Arrow DVD sets except season 4- which I purchased on iTunes instead- They didn't include any crossover episodes on the DVDs

Maybe it's just Blue Ray.  I did look and confirm they were on it for season 4.  And MG was confirming it for LoT this season.  

The season 3 crossover episodes really did stand alone. So i guess it makes sense that they were only on their respective show's DVD.  

Edited by BkWurm1
8 minutes ago, Trini said:

I think the break-up and banishment to the Speed Force count as derailments.

The one episode break up?  Nope, I won't count that, lol.  

• Love 1
(edited)

For me it wasn't really the crossover I wanted, it was Arrows big 100th episode. The fact that it would have been a crossover with everyone would have been a bonus. Now that it's come and gone, I don't care about the episode as long as it's soon. Quiet, intimate ceremony with the Arrow crew works for me. 

I want them official official so I get my version of Lois & Clark playing softly in the background. 

And yeah, I want it before Barry and Iris for so many reseasons.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe it's just Blue Ray.  I did look and confirm they were on it for season 4.  And MG was confirming it for LoT this season.  

The season 3 crossover episodes really did stand alone. So i guess it makes sense that they were only on their respective show's DVD.  

It's definitely a bluray thing, because both of my Arrow and Flash blurays include the crossover from the other show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Honestly, unpopular opinion time, but personally I'd rather no weddings in the crossovers.  Keep the weddings on their own shows, with a few crossover cameos as desired.  Perhaps jbuffy with her choo choo train theories followed by having to deal with a hallucinated Lauriver wedding has soured me on the whole thing, but I'm just not a fan of the idea.  

I'm torn between not needing a crossover wedding anymore and just wanting Olicity to elope, and also wanting a crossover wedding to obliterate the gross memory of that Lauriver mess that tainted the 100th for me. TORN, I tell you!

Honestly, as long as O/F get married at some point, I don't think I'll mind either way tbh.

• Love 10

I would be fine with Barry and Iris getting married in the crossover because even if I don't mind Barry and Iris and I will be happy to see them happy I think the crossover is the worst episode for something like that with all the stuff that goes on and the 1735627 characters from different shows and for my favorite couple I'd like something totally different. I'd rather Oliver and Felicity eloped and had a private ceremony just the two of them or with their closest friends, no big parade. We already got the (fake) wedding with the fancy ballroom and wedding dress, I don't need a repeat.

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm torn between not needing a crossover wedding anymore and just wanting Olicity to elope, and also wanting a crossover wedding to obliterate the gross memory of that Lauriver mess that tainted the 100th for me. TORN, I tell you!

Honestly, as long as O/F get married at some point, I don't think I'll mind either way tbh.

MG: You won't see BS in the crossover but you will see E1 Laurel!

Months of theories and theories.

Crossover: Quention pulls out The Photo and shows it to Oliver. "Laurel would have been so happy to watch you marry Felicity today. She always knew you and Felicity were meant to be. Now let's get you married...Son."

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I'd rather Oliver and Felicity eloped and had a private ceremony just the two of them or with their closest friends, no big parade. We already got the (fake) wedding with the fancy ballroom and wedding dress, I don't need a repeat.

I'm leaning this way. I honestly don't mind if Westallen have the crossover wedding tbh, as long as Olicity share a dreamy smiley look during the ceremony that says "Yeah, we're next." I've never really needed grandiose O/F moments tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

MG: You won't see BS in the crossover but you will see E1 Laurel!

Months of theories and theories.

Crossover: Quention pulls out The Photo and shows it to Oliver. "Laurel would have been so happy to watch you marry Felicity today. She always knew you and Felicity were meant to be. Now let's get you married...Son."

I LOL'd. MG would actually do something like that. Like yikes. Haha.

WestAllen in a big crossover wedding while Olicity just elopes would be a dumb move in terms of marketing, IMO. The Flash may have the larger audience but Olicity arguably has the bigger fanbase. At the very least, it ticks the needle for shows and CW/WB know this. So if they don't have their heads up their asses, they should treat an Olicity wedding as the must-see event of the season. Just my 2 cents. 

• Love 1

Does CW ever market anything Arrow though?

I agree that they should market it but they probably won't because we haven't heard a peep from EBR all season or gotten any photos!

I think they should do like a 520 bottle episode but for the wedding. MG can go on Tumblr and work everyone up in a frenzy. I thought 520 was well promoted by MG and SA. I was beyond excited. If they did this for the Olicity wedding it would be awesome. 

Hehe and then they can tease the Olicity pregnancy in S7.

46 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

We already got the (fake) wedding with the fancy ballroom and wedding dress, I don't need a repeat.

This is why I think there probably won't be an elaborately planned wedding for them. They already did that even if it was a fake out. It was still the venue and prep for their real wedding.

• Love 2

Yeah, I don't think there's a chance that we get any kind of a ~big wedding for O/F. At this point I think we'll be lucky to see it happen at all - provided they don't have them elope over a hiatus or something. 

• Love 7

Hopefully MG and WM learned their lesson from the reaction to the lack of Olicity in 5A and won't have them married during the hiatus.  It would be typical MG though to deliberately give them a fake big wedding and then say "okay, you had the big stuff, it's all small stuff now".  But I hope he's smart enough to know that even though they don't need to put in the elaborate  formal wedding this time, they need to have enough time to give them the emotional beats rather than rushing it.

I think enough viewers who don't think of themselves as Olicity shippers still like the idea of Oliver and Felicity being happy together so yeah however they do the Olicity wedding, it should be a significant beat for the show. 

7 hours ago, Trini said:

Well yes.  But the reason Barry proposed to Iris is because he wanted to alter the future.  Oliver proposed to Felicity because he felt the time was right to marry her.

Oliver and Felicity have been casting longing looks at each other for four full seasons.  It's been only  1  1/2 seasons since Iris started thinking of Barry as a romantic partner.  The respective seasons ended with Barry trapped in the Speed Force and physically separated from Iris for at least five months, while Oliver and Felicity are about to run into each other's arms after Felicity nearly died and they had a scene where they kissed to confirm their love because time is short and you have to make sure you don't have any regrets for things you didn't do.  I do not understand the reasoning for Barry and Iris getting married first.

• Love 2
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

They actually had a pretty huge spread in Entertainment Weekly magazine for Oliver's fake wedding to Nyssa, believe it or not. 

Lordy!!!! I believe you I do but......really?????

Listen, I hated everything about that stupid exercise in "can't you humorless women take a joke?" but I will say Nyssa looked amazing so I could see good pictures coming out of it. 

I think a big, "flashy" wedding suits Iris and Barry better than Olicity, especially after seeing that ill fitting monstrosity they put Felicity in. I actually don't want them to get married (they have massive issues) anytime soon but a quiet beach or city hall wedding would be nice. And please no babies, a baby for Iris or Felicity is a one-way ticket to offscreensville for them until baby is put in peril for reasons of manpain. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Listen, I hated everything about that stupid exercise in "can't you humorless women take a joke?" but I will say Nyssa looked amazing so I could see good pictures coming out of it. 

I think a big, "flashy" wedding suits Iris and Barry better than Olicity, especially after seeing that ill fitting monstrosity they put Felicity in. I actually don't want them to get married (they have massive issues) anytime soon but a quiet beach or city hall wedding would be nice. And please no babies, a baby for Iris or Felicity is a one-way ticket to offscreensville for them until baby is put in peril for reasons of manpain. 

They're more likely to bring in a baby for Iris and Barry at some point, because they have the Tornado Twins in the comics, and then there's Bart Allen, who fans have been waiting for for a while now. He's their grandson in the comics, but most people believe he'll be upgraded to their son on the show for simplicity's sake, which is probably true. I'm sure he'll show up eventually, but he may be from the future. Don't know if they'll just erase the tornado twins, or maybe give them three kids (someday) instead of two, but a kid of some sort will show up for them I bet.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think Flash is more a family show so kids would fit better..also sadly they don't give Iris much to do anyway so they could fit that type of SL and not make a lot of difference..

Its supposed to be. But i saw a lot of complaints that it became Arrow 2.0

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

They're more likely to bring in a baby for Iris and Barry at some point, because they have the Tornado Twins in the comics, and then there's Bart Allen, who fans have been waiting for for a while now. He's their grandson in the comics, but most people believe he'll be upgraded to their son on the show for simplicity's sake, which is probably true. I'm sure he'll show up eventually, but he may be from the future. Don't know if they'll just erase the tornado twins, or maybe give them three kids (someday) instead of two, but a kid of some sort will show up for them I bet.

They will probably SORAS them then because I don't think even superpowered babies are very useful? Or maybe they get dropped off from the future. What if Iris having children with Barry gives her more screentime, what a sad statement. I could see CP pulling off scenes with small children better than any of the Flarrowverse I think though. She's got that small children and cute animals naturally love me fairy tale charisma. If only she could get an actual storyline. 

Edited by leopardprint
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Nooo my Raylicity heart can't handle

I wasn't a Raylicity fan (they're just too much alike for me) but I would hate to see him officiate an Olicity wedding. The poor guy had his finance die, his next girlfriend dumped him and was clearly in love with another guy, than literally the exact same thing happened with his next girlfriend! Having him officiate a wedding of a woman he clearly had strong feelings for to another guy just seems mean. I just want the poor guy to find someone who he is the actual first choice for!

Personally, I love Iris/Barry and Oliver/Felicity, but I think that Olicity is in more of a position to get married. Barry and Iris might have known each other longer, but they haven't really been a couple for that long, and while I think they both want to get married, I think they should wait (even after Barry gets back to the Speed Force). Barry did propose basically out of desperation, and I think they would be better served waiting a bit to figure things out as a normal couple without a ticking Death Clock. The couple whos OTP-ness I REALLY don't buy is Kara/Mon-El over on Supergirl.

Look, they (and Mon-El) have grown on me, and when they're just hanging out being a couple, I think they work fine, but I roll my eyes at how the show is building them up as some kind of epic romance after just a few months. Like, in the musical episode, they were trying to equate the two relationships, like Bitch Please, Iris and Barry have known each other for years and have at least been dating for awhile, while Kara and Mon-El have only even known each other for a few months, and they didn't even like each other for most of that time. Slow your rolls.

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

It would work much more easily on The Flash.  Iris would just have to give Barry his pep talks while holding a baby.  Felicity couldn't be Overwatch with a child crawling around chewing the wires.

16 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The couple whos OTP-ness I REALLY don't buy is Kara/Mon-El over on Supergirl.

But they're both alien superheros!  Kara said that she could only be with an alien, justifying the lightning switch from 2x01 when she said she wasn't ready to be in a relationship to jumping into bed with Mon El.  Too bad there aren't any other aliens on her Earth other than Clark [/sarcasm]

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It would work much more easily on The Flash.  Iris would just have to give Barry his pep talks while holding a baby.  Felicity couldn't be Overwatch with a child crawling around chewing the wires.

Also the lair is full of deadly equipment so I wouldn't let a baby crawl anywhere LOL

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Barry did propose basically out of desperation, and I think they would be better served waiting a bit to figure things out as a normal couple without a ticking Death Clock.

Idk though, Oliver proposed with a secret child ticking time bomb,  though I guess Barry's primary intent was to save Iris and Oliver proposed because he wanted to marry Felicity. 

As far as Raylicity, I wouldn't mind Ray laser blasting Oliver through a wall for freeing Slade who was responsible for killing his fiancée. Yes, Oliver, Slade killed other people, of course they weren't Queens so I guess they don't matter. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Idk though, Oliver proposed with a secret child ticking time bomb,  though I guess Barry's primary intent was to save Iris and Oliver proposed because he wanted to marry Felicity. 

Oliver was ready to propose in the season premiere of s4. And after Darkh almost killed his team he proposed to Felicity. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Or with a crayon-eating kid putting his fingers in various sockets, playing with the flechettes and arrows in the bunker ... because you know if that kid stays with Oliver, Felicity & Thea will end up raising him. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Or with a crayon-eating kid putting his fingers in various sockets, playing with the flechettes and arrows in the bunker ... because you know if that kid stays with Oliver, Felicity & Thea will end up raising him. 

*deep sigh*. Can't they have Quentin raise him? He has no kids and is the one that knows what being a dad means. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, leopardprint said:

And look how well that worked out for Oliver.

9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

If Bam Bam doesn't steal some version of this stunt for Arrow next season he is dead to me. 

Wow.  And very creative. Yay teamwork.

• Love 1