Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I don't think it necessarily means anything. IIRC they listed Sara in the Arrow season three description at the 2014 upfronts, and we all know how that turned out.

ETA: Yes, I found it. This was from May 2014.

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific.  He returned home to Starling City, bent on righting the wrongs of his family and fighting injustice.  To do this, he creates the persona of the Arrow and allies himself with former military man John Diggle (David Ramsey), computer-science expert Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), street brawler Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) and international assassin Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), while keeping his secret from those closest to him including his sister Thea (Willa Holland), who has allied herself with his most deadly enemy.  Rivalries and allegiances will shift as Oliver faces his most difficult challenge yet.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/15/cw-2014-15-primetime-schedule-the-flash-and-supernatural-lead-tuesday-the-originals-moves-to-monday-izombie-beauty-and-the-beast-held-for-midseason/

ETA2: Lol I forgot they cut Laurel altogether. Yeah these descriptions don't necessarily reflect reality.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6

I can't tell if it's confidence or "eh, whatever," with Supernatural, but either way the "fans will find us" is great.

The Monday night mix of following Supergirl with Jane the Virgin makes sense, but am I the only one blinking at the decision to put Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on after The Vampire Diaries? I know the ratings for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are terrible, but the show has garnered some decent critical feedback and even that Golden Globe thing; and I know the CW has a couple of new shows to hype, but still why not try it out after The Flash just to see if it can get legs this time around?  The Vampire Diaries and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend feel like a really odd mix.

• Love 5

This is interesting:

Regarding buzz that Calista Flockhart’s role may be reduced in Season 2 in light of Supergirl‘s move from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Pedowitz said that there are “ongoing discussions” with the actress, adding, “We are thrilled she wants to continue with the show and we’re happy to have her in whatever capacity.”

http://tvline.com/2016/05/19/the-originals-season-4-premiere-date-the-cw-midseason/

• Love 2

I saw that Calista's role on Supergirl next season wasn't a done deal. 

She's the best character on that show, I don't know if I'll bother watching if she's not in it. Cat and Kara is one of the only relationships I was interested in seeing develop. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, quarks said:

am I the only one blinking at the decision to put Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on after The Vampire Diaries? I know the ratings for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are terrible, but the show has garnered some decent critical feedback and even that Golden Globe thing; and I know the CW has a couple of new shows to hype, but still why not try it out after The Flash just to see if it can get legs this time around?  The Vampire Diaries and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend feel like a really odd mix.

No, you're not. That's honestly puzzling.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah it's a weird combo.   

And what kind of ratings is CEG going to do in that slot? Wasn't it pulling 0.2-0.3 on Monday? What's it going to do on Friday? 0.0?

It's a place where shows go to die, really - see, The Originals over the past few months. And The Originals at least started out with better numbers a couple of seasons ago. 

I get wanting the show on at some point during the fall to try for another Golden Globe nomination, and I also see that they wanted to have Legends of Tomorrow starting up in the fall in order to get that epic four TV show crossover going, but it's still a weird combo. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I saw that Calista's role on Supergirl next season wasn't a done deal. 

She's the best character on that show, I don't know if I'll bother watching if she's not in it. Cat and Kara is one of the only relationships I was interested in seeing develop. 

I'm ok if Calista is slightly reduced because I'd also be ok if CatCo was reduced. Cat is wonderful but to me - the best relationships on the show are Kara and Alex and Alex and Hank. Frankly, I'd love to see the show minimize CatCo and James, move Winn over to the DEO (since they seem to need a tech guy of his level), cut Lucy way down, and focus on DEO missions. I appreciate CatCo occasionally for humor or that real world connection that Arrow lost after season two and Flash is only holding onto by a thread, but I don't need a lot of it.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm not a fan of CLs outfit at all. That choker. The crop top.

Why are you leaving out the pants? Being completely matchy matchy with the top is off putting.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

It does look like Kendra is staying since she and and Cold were listed on LoT's description. I'm hoping she's in the recurring status too. She can leave in the finale and come back for an ep or two. 

Please God, make her leave and take Hawkboy with her. I can't deal with another season of her frickin' love life. Anyway, they're introducing two new characters, so somebody besides Snart has to leave or the cast will be too large to be manegable.

They might have just mentioned all the members on the team, not that they're necessarily all coming back. I only say that because of what we know about Wentworth Miller. I think Kendra is going to have to leave the team, at the very least, to help make room for the two new characters. That I have absolute hope in.

• Love 1

Also, Carter is not mentioned, and I have a hard time seeing them doing another season of Kendra without Carter. I think they're dull as dirt together, but we did that already and Kendra made her choice.  I don't really need to see another season of the same thing.

I really believe they're both leaving (Thanagarians not withstanding). So I'm going to live in denial at least until tonight's episode airs. :)

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't want a mega crossover. Waaaaaaaaah. No. Make it stop.

I suppose the only good thing is that Arrow won't have to waste 9 episodes setting up another spin-off which is something. But I've kind of had enough of the crossovers.

Edited by Guest

I like the mini crossovers.   Felicity is great on the Flash and Barry is great on every show that isn't his,  but I don't need movies,  that's why I watch television. 

I also need Calista.  Why bother with Supergirl without her?   I don't think I'd watch. 

• Love 3
Just now, lemotomato said:

Out if curiosity, how were the ratings for this week's episode of Flash compared to last week?

They were steady. No BS boost.

• Love 2

I'd be fine the crossovers if they were mini crossovers where only 1 or 2 characters crossover. Or if they can be like Smallville with their Justice League episodes. I never really thought I'd be talking so much about how Smallville did some things better. 

• Love 3

I can't wait for the megacrossover.  It's definitely not something I want to see every week but this is still awesome and I can't wait to see Supergirl thrown into the mix.

They have enough characters too if they ever wanted to do the Flashpoint story.

• Love 5

I'll buck the trend on this thread.

YAY FOUR EPISODE CROSSOVER NOW LET BARRY AND KARA HOOK UP AT THE WEDDING AND HAVE VICTOR GARBER CHAT WITH MARTIAN MANHUNTER my life will be kinda complete.

Oooh, also, I want Joe and Cat bantering while Quentin asks again what he's done with his life :)

• Love 9

I'll also take Sara and Alex sparring. 

Barry and Winn and Felicity geeking out over some future tech that Ray brought back with him. 

And probably less likely because of budget, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter and Supergirl flying around together. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Ya'll are going to hate me because I'm all YES!!! at the idea of a four show cross over event.

To me the ideal way to do it would be to send Barry on a run to the future to see a fully formed Justice Society in place with GA, Speedy, Our Earth Martian Manhunter and Kara, Vibe, Firestorm, a reformed Dr. Light (since she's running around somewhere), maybe Wally as "Kid Flash", Vixen, Atom, White Canary, Heatwave, maybe somehow get a Citizen Cold involved, etc.... and Barry interacts with the future JS on some mission and comes back to the present all smiles but won't tell anyone about what's coming. 

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, tarotx said:
I like the new DC super sizzle reel but it once again is light on Arrow and on the non fighters. 

It's sad, but considering how little coverage Arrow gets already, I was OK with how often they showed Oliver and was happy they even included Diggle. And there was even a couple seconds of Felicity! It's a miracle!

I need to look for @wonderwall's "lower your expectations" gif. It's going to be frequently used, I think.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The only way a crossover would work is for Supergirl to come over to Earth 1 or they go to Earth 3. 

Not if they go to the future. It's perfectly reasonable to believe that there is a Kara on this Earth and that just might not have "come out" yet - and maybe on this Earth, she beat Superman here so he's a kid. This would explain why we have no supes yet but they can show a future Kara that's working with Green Arrow and Barry and Ray and Sara to led the Justice Society. It works if you ignore comics. :)

Oh two things about the sizzle real - I definitely did not see the Hawks, but I didn't see Martain Manhunter either. I don't think he's gone though - I think the only one they promoted from Supergirl was Kara.

And there is a shot of Black Canary at the end of the sizzle real and I'm almost positive it's Sara - can anyone confirm? And what do we make of that?

Edited by nksarmi

If it were me doing the crossovers, I'd have one character hop over to the next night show.

- on Monday, Brandon Routh goes to Supergirl because it's ~funny
- on Tuesday, Kara goes to Flash because she knows Barry
- on Wednesday, Barry goes to Arrow because he's the ring bearer
- on Thursday, Diggle goes to the Waverider because he's got the rest of the week off since O/F went on their honeymoon

• Love 19
(edited)
4 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

And there is a shot of Black Canary at the end of the sizzle real and I'm almost positive it's Sara - can anyone confirm? And what do we make of that?

That was from when Sara was on Arrow after her resurrection. 

If they do a future Kara from E1 then it's a different Kara, not the one we were introduced too on Supergirl. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Are you talking about the shot of her sliding on the ground? That's definitely Sara in her Canary outfit from 406.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

That absolutely was Sara. It's from the episode which had Laurel, Thea and her teaming up, and she fired a gun.

5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I haven't been able to watch the sizzle reel yet, but why would they include a shot of Sara as Black Canary?

Don't know, especially since Sara as White Canary as much better fight scenes. Yet they keep using her knife throwing one. 

• Love 1