Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Alan Sepinwall proving yet again why he's my favorite superhero TV show critic:

How 'Agent Carter' became the best comic book show nobody's watching

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-agent-carter-became-the-best-comic-book-show-nobodys-watching

Again, I understand the business end of things, but Agent Carter is too good, and too much fun, to go away if Marvel can find any way to keep it alive.

Well said!

• Love 6

Possible future...nothing 30 years out is ever solid in Comicdom.

ETA: i double checked with a friend and she said Felicity definitely left town not dead.

Diggle and Lance are mentioned as dead. Laurel and Felicity are "gone" Felicity to another town, LL indefinite.

Sara presumes LL is dead which she legit could be. No mention of Thea that I'm aware of.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

First he said "gone" all solemnly, then later he said she left. Like dude, she's just in Fresno, chill the hell out.

Also, this show is really terrible. I still love Sara, and the new GA is surprisingly okay, but overall the acting is TERRIBLE. And are they really going to do a love triangle with wet piece of white bread Ray Palmer and the two worst actors on the show?

Maybe the easiest way to reconcile the two statements is that Felicity left, and then later died.

Edited by AyChihuahua

He says she left town.

Which cause Felicity is not much of a Physical fighter I could see her doing if Diggle Thea Laurel and Oliver are Dead and knowing Oliver he'd probably let her leave town and think he's dead unless this future is suggesting Felicity eventually wanted nothing to do with him

• Love 1

He says she left town.

He said both. First he said "gone" all solemnly, I believe in response to Sara's question about Felicity and Laurel, and then he said Felicity left. So either he's a drama queen, and she just moved away, or she could have moved away and then died. 

Also, John Diggle, Jr., can totally stay. I liked the actor and I love the idea. 

Edited by AyChihuahua

While it is cool to give Diggle a son who takes up the GA mantle, if they were going to make it his offspring, I would've preferred it to be Sara Diggle. No reason to use the Connor Hawke name if you aren't going to give us Connor Hawke.

BUT COMICS! :p

So we find out that Felicity's new goal is to invent tech to help people with disabilities.Right? Because that sounds awesome to me

• Love 2

Where did John Jr. pull that name from? Was he listening to Oliver's old monologue and take it to heart, "To do this, I must become someone else". 

Did people really want them to because comics this by making Oliver have yet another son with someone else? I liked him being Dig's son. I just wish Sara was Red Arrow or something. It would've more interesting for Sara Lance to meet the adult version of Diggle's daughter that was named after her as well as old man Oliver Queen. Which I'm also happy they at least got to interact since we had to skip that so Laurel could have a storyline. 

• Love 6

A son that we wouldn't have dealt with anytime soon, if at all? Like I said, I am fine with Diggle Jr. taking up the mantle, but don't use a big characters name just to have your cake and eat it to especially when he uses the name because he isn't worthy of using his real name.

Marc Guggenheim has got to be the worst show-runner. Fans inquiring if the pass code was Felicity's birthday? He replies no but if pushed on it he would say 29 February just to be cruel. What an idiot!! He is fortunate to have an amazing cast because they are what's saving the show, because it truly isn't him IMO.

What I got was that Quentin, Diggle, Thea and Laurel all died trying to save the city and Felicity walked out.

On top of yesterday's Arrow, are they trying to kill Felicity's popularity for good?

I got the impression she left *after* everyone fought and died.

Why would you think they're trying to kill Felicity's popularity when in tonight's LoT episode they namedrop her as the source of the super important component Rip needs?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

His real name is John Diggle Jr. but after he failed to save his father's life, he took the name Connor Hawke because he felt that he didn't deserved to be a John Diggle.

I think.

I got the impression she left *after* everyone fought and died.

That seems rather cowardly, to take off and abandon Oliver all alone with Connor.  The Felicity Smoak I know, who said "if you're not leaving, I'm not leaving" would have stayed till the very end.

It feels like she's the one who is a coward and not someone who is a true blue savior of the city.

Edited by statsgirl

What I got was that Quentin, Diggle, Thea and Laurel all died trying to save the city and Felicity walked out.

On top of yesterday's Arrow, are they trying to kill Felicity's popularity for good?

I have wondered since 4.10 if they were trying to downplay her character.  No POV in 4.10.  In 4.13 they had Felicity belittle herself about the importance of her dad problems in comparison to Thea and the masks.  In 4.14 Thea dismisses OQ lying to FS like it's no big thing.  In 4.15 she had a POV but not the time to express it like everyone else weighing in on THE LIE.

• Love 2

That seems rather cowardly, to take off and abandon Oliver all alone with Connor. The Felicity Smoak I know, who said "if you're not leaving, I'm not leaving" would have stayed till the very end.

It feels like she's the one who is a coward and not someone who is a true blue savior of the city.

You think Felicity would have joined Oliver's 15 year pity party and lived in the ruined lair with after he made up his mind to do nothing and let the city go to ruin?

And Oliver wasn't "with Connor". He hid in the lair and did nothing until Sara found him again.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 13

That seems rather cowardly, to take off and abandon Oliver all alone with Connor.  The Felicity Smoak I know, who said "if you're not leaving, I'm not leaving" would have stayed till the very end.

I got the impression that everyone thought Oliver was dead.  Since everyone she knew was dead, she left town.  I'm not surprised and it doesn't come across as cowardly to me. She is not a physical fighter, so she wouldn't hit the streets herself.  It didn't look like there were street/building cameras around for her to run comms for anyone either. 

• Love 6

I missed the part where it was Felicitys responsibility to take care of everyone and the city. Dang. Good thing she has the chip, give her some support with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

• Love 16

What I learned from LOT is Oliver without Diggle and Felicity is insufferable and such a martyr. I know he's that now, but at least there's a bit of balance to the woe is me attitude. Also, he's a terrible personal groomer. 

JDJ or Connor Hawke or whatever he's calling himself is more than welcome to return anytime. 

• Love 6