Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

FYI (actually, the petition has almost 78,000 supporters right now)...

Petition for Agent Carter revival hits 50,000 signatures
by EAMMON JACOBS on MAY 16, 2016
http://heroes.direct/tv/agent-carter-petition/

I love the sentiment but why would ABC aka the mouse house put one of their properties direct to Netflix?  Maybe if interest continues in a few years they could bring the show back, it seems pretty flexible when it comes to locations and storylines, but I would be very surprised if it would air anywhere but ABC or one of it's properties. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

It's funny, CL is shipped with anyone she talks too on LoT, while KC and DP have to strut around to look sexy. 

Well I think it has more to do with personality of the character than anything (also chemistry b/w actors is key but that's a different story). It's easy to ship the fun characters with others.

Edited by wonderwall
(edited)

Yeah Netflix is already doing other Marvel shows.  Although I'm sure it's not that simple.

I'm not sure how I feel about it.  On the one hand, I'd love to have more Agent Carter.  On the other, I'm afraid they'd change the feel of the show if they moved it to Netflix, and I'd hate to see it get the Daredevil/Jessica Jones treatment.

Right now Hayley Atwell has another show, though, so until that one gets cancelled, she might not be free.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Netflix has a bunch of different types of shows, I don't see why they'd have to change the feel of Agent Carter just because of Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Agent Carter is still in the past and will have nothing to do with those shows. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well if they kept the feel of the show the same, I'd be for it.  I just don't want it to get the "dark and edgy" treatment. Netflix's Marvel shows just seem to have a certain....brand? Feel? Flavor?  I'm not sure what word I'm looking for here.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I wonder if this possible Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey movie nixes any chance of Birds of Prey happening on TV. It was already kind of a longshot on CW, but if this is greenlit, those characters would probably be off-limits.  :(

-----

59 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Yeah the "Siren" Scream sucks (less is more, as in break the scream up into soundwaves instead of a whirlpool) but I will get what I can get. 

Weird -- I thought they'd use the same effect as for Silver Banshee. I guess they made it '3-D' to differentiate it.

Edited by Trini
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Enjoy tonight. Hope you get what you want from KCs role!

Ill be damned if I do and damned if I don't. If I flat out love her as BS then ill be left wanting more which probably won't happen. If I don't flat out love her, I still wont get LL back. 

2mobd07.jpg

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Trini said:

I wonder if this possible Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey movie nixes any chance of Birds of Prey happening on TV. It was already kind of a longshot on CW, but if this is greenlit, those characters would probably be off-limits.  :(

I think it's been nixed at the CW ever since the Arrow S2 episode Birds of Prey, which was their soft pilot testing for a BoP spinoff.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think it's been nixed at the CW ever since the Arrow S2 episode Birds of Prey, which was their soft pilot testing for a BoP spinoff.

But that was before we had Speedy, Vixen, Katana, and Hawkgirl! Call me greedy, but I'd want a TV series AND a movie.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah... I don't think Speedy/Vixen/Hawkgirl/Katana could hold up their own show. If you add a notable character/actress that could act as the glue that keeps the team together then maybe, but those 4 on their own? I don't buy it tbh because they're all incredibly different people with incredibly different values and goals. Maybe bring a Batgirl into this universe or something...

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Yeah... I don't think Speedy/Vixen/Hawkgirl/Katana could hold up their own show. If you add a notable character/actress that could act as the glue that keeps the team together then that would be great, but those 4 on their own? I don't buy it tbh because they're all incredibly different people with incredibly different values and goals. Maybe bring a Batgirl into this universe or something...

Replace Hawkgirl with Nyssa AND add a Batgirl and I think that's a show that could work.

• Love 1

Heck, I would LOVE for Iris to be the team leader that brings everyone together. She could use her investigative skills to suss out trouble... That would be wonderful.

So Iris/Batgirl/Vixen would be enough for me... With special guest stars like Nyssa, Katana, Felicity, Speedy, Sara, etc.

• Love 3

I wish The CW had passed on Supergirl and gone with Nancy Drew.

If they do a female lead comic show, I'm in favor of a Catwoman origin story. Snarky and morally gray.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

If they do a female lead comic show, I'm in favor of a Catwoman origin story. Snarky and morally gray.

I seriously doubt Pedowitz had much of a choice with Supergirl. WB is a co-owner of the CW no doubt they forced that issue

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Yeah... I don't think Speedy/Vixen/Hawkgirl/Katana could hold up their own show. If you add a notable character/actress that could act as the glue that keeps the team together then maybe, but those 4 on their own? I don't buy it tbh because they're all incredibly different people with incredibly different values and goals. Maybe bring a Batgirl into this universe or something...

I just gave those names as examples that we have more female hero characters now to play with. There are many characters I think they could use. Characters that haven't been in the Arrow-verse yet. As for the bolded, I think a team (or maybe they're not even a team?) with conflicting values could be really interesting. (And isn't that what they've done on Legends?)

5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I seriously doubt Pedowitz had much of a choice with Supergirl. WB is a co-owner of the CW no doubt they forced that issue

Didn't he pass on it last year? Do you think they pushed the issue harder now, since they didn't want it to be seen as a failure?

1 minute ago, Trini said:

I just gave those names as examples that we have more female hero characters now to play with. There are many characters I think they could use. Characters that haven't been in the Arrow-verse yet. As for the bolded, I think a team (or maybe they're not even a team?) with conflicting values could be really interesting. (And isn't that what they've done on Legends?)

No but that's what I mean. They're incredibly different that I can't buy those 4 as a team unless there's someone like Rip who brings the team together... That's all I meant.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Didn't he pass on it last year? Do you think they pushed the issue harder now, since they didn't want it to be seen as a failure?

Yes, I think once it became obvious that CBS wasn't going to renew Supergirl, WB put the pressure on CW to pick the show up. I don't know if it had much to do with failure or just wanting to keep making money off of Supergirl (DVDs, post views, international sales, merchandise etc).

I could be wrong and Pedowitz really wanted CBS's cast-off but somehow I doubt it.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Oh man I've been wanting a Catwoman origin story for sooooo long, would be really awesome.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yes, I think once it became obvious that CBS wasn't going to renew Supergirl, WB put the pressure on CW to pick the show up. I don't know if it had much to do with failure or just wanting to keep making money off of Supergirl (DVDs, post views, international sales, merchandise etc).

I could be wrong and Pedowitz really wanted CBS's cast-off but somehow I doubt it.

I'm just kind of surprised they didn't successfully pressure him then, but did now. I figure something had to change.

Different topic: why are nearly all the metas bad? 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

To give Barry extra special super status - he's the only one who got powers and did good with them!

ETA: Totally forgot about Cisco

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm just kind of surprised they didn't successfully pressure him then, but did now. I figure something had to change.

My guess (and it's just a guess) Supergirl was considered a hot commodity last year, it was offered to the CW first because of Berlanti and Flash/Arrow but when Pedowitz balked at the price tag it didn't matter because there were other fish in the sea. Now, Supergirl is a wounded animal,  and other networks weren't interested.  You never really hear anything about them shopping Supergirl around, the rumors all centered around moving to the CW.

• Love 2

It's sorta the opposite of Spider-Man's "With great power comes great responsibility!" isn't it?  In the Arrowverse, it's "With great power comes evil motives! For most people not named Barry and Cisco!"

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I think it's ridiculous that they make the bat family so off limits except for movies.   Seriously,  television is doing amazing things as of late and the non powered bat family fighting the occasional meta would be so much cheaper than Legends of Tomorrow or Supergirl.   It's just hubris mixed with this insane desire for profit, which BvS shows doesn't always work. 

• Love 2
(edited)

So, does Team Flash not realize that Laurel is dead? They'd have to, right? Because of Barry? Just trying to figure out why Cisco's having difficulty figuring out what the dead birds are about.

Edited by apinknightmare
32 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Pedowitz has said recently he regretted not being a little more aggressive in getting Supergirl in the first place

(edited)
13 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

Pedowitz has said recently he regretted not being a little more aggressive in getting Supergirl in the first place

Do you have a link? I found comments from August but that's about it. I thought he gave some lip service in January TCAs but I couldn't find anything on Google.  Basically,  I couldn't find anything more recent then August 2015

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

He said that back in August before the show even aired and before the ratings dropped for Supergirl and after the Flash became a huge success. Hindsight is 20/20, and knowing that Flash became successful in part because of the famous name would probably have made Supergirl a safer bet over all of the work/money/negotiation that went into LoT, despite whatever ratings Supergirl might have ended up getting on CW. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes Cait!   Yes you should tell her family from another earth.   And no,  you should not lock this woman in a underground prison vault.   These people have the most skewed morals. 

Also called Henry,  poor Bio dad,  didn't even get champagne. 

Edited by Delphi
Eta: bringing up my own rightness
  • Love 2
Just now, hogwash said:

What the stupid? Barry has already watched his parent die. Maybe Zoom meant two dead parents would really seal the "you're just like me" deal?

Didn't he say something about Barry being whisked away when his mother was murdered?

I need someone to go to Earth 2 asap and bring me back scissors, can openers, spiral notebooks, decorated mugs, measuring tapes, measuring cups, and everything else that's made for right-handed people on this godforsaken Earth 1.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

I need someone to go to Earth 2 asap and bring me back scissors, can openers, spiral notebooks, decorated mugs, measuring tapes, measuring cups, and everything else that's made for right-handed people on this godforsaken Earth 1.

Yeah, there's got to be a shit ton of lefties over there. 

6 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

ah so I'm apparently an E2 person, good to know.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Leftyslefthanded.com. Check it out.

60% import taxes. Hee. I do have a local place I can order leftie stuff. It's just annoying when I find a cute mug, and the printing is on the wrong side.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

The Leftorium would do legit gangbusters business there.

AOS thing, I really love Yo Yo.

(edited)

I have to ask a serious question here. Why do people think that E2 Laurel has finally been done right/treated properly on The Flash? Because all I got from that was a lot of shade, getting hit with a van and then captured. How is that good? Honest question because I don't get it. I mean, she's evil and she's not BC so...huh? 

If I was a fan, I'd be scratching my head right now. 

Edited by Guest