Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, manbearpig said:

I think the CW should bump iZombie and stick Supergirl on after The Flash. That would make for a fun night of television and iZombie's ratings aren't really good enough to be on after the network's biggest hit. Supergirl would be up against Agents of Shield but it's already aired against Gotham so it's already had comic book-y competition. (I hope iZombie continues to do well though, just...it would make sense to me).

I don't think they'll waste Flash's lead in on a show that will pull high numbers for them. 

Maybe the CW will only pick up one show, give JtV and the other comedy a reduced series as well as their new show a mid-season pick up. I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I am actually curious to see the upfront plan...

The network cannot be doing that awful if they can afford to keep all their current shows and add to that.

(edited)

I'm happy for Supergirl's fans but I'm disappointed by the news.  Not really loving the inevitable marginalization of the show that made all the others possible.  Goodbye Arrow budget that already sucked but now will be pathetic.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think they'll waste Flash's lead in on a show that will pull high numbers for them. 

This makes sense. I do think they would work really well together, though. Maybe they'll just keep it in the same Monday slot, then. Jane the Virgin is off course really good, but the ratings are tiny so they could just bump it to nine and save Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, another low rated but critically acclaimed show, for another time. Just thinking out loud...

(edited)
4 minutes ago, hogwash said:

Are they gonna move to Earth 1? How would crossovers even work if they don't? Maybe keep a portal open?

Hopefully they'll keep it on earth-prime or whatever and we won't have to do any crossovers at all.   The little cameo ones are fine but I'm sick of the cw back to back double features.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe the CW will only pick up one show, give JtV and the other comedy a reduced series as well as their new show a mid-season pick up. I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I am actually curious to see the upfront plan...

The network cannot be doing that awful if they can afford to keep all their current shows and add to that.

They picked up 3 new shows - Riverdale, Frequency, and some other one. No Tomorrow, I think?

Just now, apinknightmare said:

They picked up 3 new shows - Riverdale, Frequency, and some other one. No Tomorrow, I think?

I hadn't read that news yet. That is an awful lot of shows to work with. So it will be 4 new shows for the 2016/2017 season. In addition to all the others on the air. As long as they don't reduce all the shows orders, I don't really care all that much.

Maybe all these shows can have shorter seasons but straight runs. I would love that for Arrow. Legends just had 16 episodes but it still had a break. 

I'm worried about the other show's budgets getting slashed to pay for this. Not just Calista, but they obviously have to keep those flying scenes intact.

• Love 2

I saw some speculation that they will air Supergirl for the first half of the season and then LOT will take its place for the second half.

That sounds logical, but that means SG gets less episodes, right? It would actually work out with the schedule, assuming they would air about 16 episodes straight, all the way through December and everything.

• Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if we will see some shows move to a year around schedule, like USA and TNT do with their programming. 

Edited by Chaser
(edited)
12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't think CW PR will even remember Arrow is still on the network.

Same with Supernatural. At this point I hope they keep them together on the same night and fans of both like me can just be pissed about the lack of promotion for both shows. 

Edited by catrox14
17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Arrow's season 5 promo will consist of manips and fanvids on the CW_Arrow YouTube channel.

And it would far better than what we get now.

• Love 3

You know, if they slash Arrows budget for Supergirl maybe it will force them to keep the show grounded.

"Hey, so there is this metahuman who can do yada yada yada!"

"Here is $5."

".....How about we bring The Dodger back?"

• Love 20
(edited)

Splitting SG and LOT makes so much sense now that I think about it, because it probably helps financially to not have to do the full 23 episode season of Supergirl, since we know the effects are going to wipe out a lot of these other show's budgets anyway. But it also may help with the cast's logistics issues, because they'd be done shooting a lot sooner.

I would not be surprised at ALL if this is what they end up doing.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hope they keep same lineup @catrox14. Weds night the home for all the forgotten stepchildren that deserve so much more. 

13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Same with Supernatural. At this point I hope they keep them together on the same night and fans of both like me can just be pissed about the lack of promotion for both shows. 

Happy for SG, I liked the show. Pissed its on the CW though. They better be able to secure Calista or I'm most likely out. 

Also agree with whoever said they are going to cannibalize the QC sets for SG. 

Please keep it far from Wed night.  I like my night as is.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, kismet said:

Happy for SG, I liked the show. Pissed its on the CW though. They better be able to secure Calista or I'm most likely out. 

I just don't see how they could afford her on the CW.  Maybe Calista will want out if she thinks being on the CW is a demotion..which she might. You never know.

Well, apparently David Harewood tweeted its a 22 episode order, so there goes my theory. Didn't last long, lol.

I guess I'll definitely have to prepare for these other shows to look even worse, so they can pay for this.

• Love 1

My main concern is what this will do to the Supergirl cast.   I'm afraid it might mean losing some of the better actors, particularly Calista Flockhart.  Cat Grant is one of the best things about that show. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, kismet said:

Also agree with whoever said they are going to cannibalize the QC sets for SG. 

It's the superhero tradition.   Your future of Gotham show fails,  you turn your clocktower into a watchtower.  

You need Egypt?  Well we have a Hindu rock cave that looks kind of like Egypt,  here you go. 

• Love 1

Thank goodness Calista is staying - now they just MUST keep Hank and Alex and the show will be fine. Actually, it wouldn't hurt them to trim the fat a little (James Olsen and Lucy I'm looking at you).

But the way the CW should really make this work is order shorter seasons of both Supergirl and Legends and put one in the timeslot for Fall and the other for Winter so we don't have to sacrifice special efforts for either show. I would much rather have 13 good episodes of both of those shows than 23 so/so ones of either.

59 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Also, the Hollywood Reporter article said Calista is staying: 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-season-two-cw-892629

Matt Mitovich said in the comments to the TVLine article, regarding whether CF was staying or going, that he "just worked the phones, there is nothing concrete to report either way." That was after the HR article was posted.  So I don't know.

http://tvline.com/2016/05/12/supergirl-renewed-season-2-moves-the-cw/

ABC really cleaned their house didn't they. I'm sad about Agent Carter but I expected it, especially with Hayley Atwell booking another show. Which did get picked up. They scrapped Marvel's Most Wanted, I never knew why they would think that show would work in the first place. AoS doesn't do that well. 

I'm glad they put Castle out of it's misery. The whole show was about Castle and Beckett. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They scrapped Marvel's Most Wanted, I never knew why they would think that show would work in the first place. AoS doesn't do that well. 

They did?  I hadn't heard that.  Hopefully that means they'll bring Bobbi and Hunter back.  I miss them.  I know it's terrible but I couldn't care less about the adventures of Skye Daisy and friends.  And I'm very afraid they're about to kill Mack off. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

The CW is gonna have 16 shows to fill 10 slots next season. Some shows start late anyway, but they're gonna have to shuffle returning stuff to mid season if they want any of the new shows in the Upfronts schedule next week.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing what their schedule looks like.  Reign is probably going to summer, like BatB before it.  Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl will probably start in the fall. Beyond that, I have no ideas.

• Love 1