Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Warning - spoilery...

‘The Flash’: Tom Cavanagh and Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg Tease Season 3
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      14 HOURS AGO
http://collider.com/the-flash-season-2-andrew-kreisberg-tom-cavanagh-interview/

‘The Flash’ Season 2: Tom Cavanagh & Andrew Kreisberg on Working with Kevin Smith
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      21 HOURS AGO
http://collider.com/the-flash-season-2-tom-cavanagh-andrew-kreisberg-interview/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

Christina Radish?@ChristinaRadish
#LegendsOfTomorrow fans: I'm interviewing EP #PhilKlemmer on April 27. Let me know if you've got any questions.
10:00 PM - 26 Apr 2016

https://twitter.com/ChristinaRadish/status/725187936753438721

Edited by tv echo

I'm so excited for this movie...

New TV promo for Captain America: Civil War
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlMrOtw4jw

Chris Evans on ‘Captain America: Civil War’, His Marvel Contract and Casting Spider-Man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mKBIKLYxs

Tom Holland (Spiderman) is phenomenal.  He's a British actor and dancer, who played Billy Elliot the Musical in London.  However, his breakout acting role was as the oldest son in The Impossible (with Naomi Watts), which earned him critical acclaim and was called "award-worthy".  I saw that movie and he was really good.

Edited by tv echo

The Flash's inability to incorporate more than 2 female characters at a time while simultaneously using 4+ male characters with no issues is my favorite running gag from the show. I love it almost as much I love watching characters giving Barry pep talks...

• Love 16

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: PHIL KLEMMER ON ARROW CROSSOVER, SEASON 2 VILLAINS
BY TERRI SCHWARTZ  April 28, 2016
http://in.ign.com/the-atom/92173/feature/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-phil-klemmer-on-arrow-cros

IGN: In light of

Detective Lance letting Sara know that Laurel died on Arrow,
 how much are you and the other producers of the other CW DC shows going to try to have big events within your TV universe impact Legends of Tomorrow, and vice versa?
Phil Klemmer:
It helps to have Marc [Guggenheim] working on both shows. In Season 2, we are bringing a writer from Arrow [Keto Shimizu] and a writer from Flash [Grainne Godfree] onto our series, just so that we can make our stories work in concert. The only challenge is the logistics of a crossover. If it weren't for the fact that Grant Gustin and Stephen Amell were busy working 16 hours a day, five days a week on their own series, we would certainly find more time for the crossovers. It's definitely something that we're planning on doing next season for our show.

Bringing up Laurel's death is interesting because it doesn't require an appearance of an actor from another show. It's just a thing that happens on the other show that sort of changes the plot of one of the sister shows. Laurel's death will resonate into Season 2. It's so cool how that just enriches the world, the universe. It just makes it seem so much larger and so much more real when something that happens on Arrow can create ripples that appear on our show in a huge way. It fundamentally alters the DNA of our series. When something momentous happens in one, I think feeling the reverberations makes the universe feel coherent. It makes the universe feel big.
IGN: Do you have any specific plans for Constantine or Jonah Hex?
Klemmer
: We don't have any specific plans, but I will say we have plans for people of that sort of magnitude. Certainly characters of that magnitude -- a handful, a handful of characters that big or bigger -- will make their appearance in Season 2.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Go to link to see posters (the Arrow poster is the one that's already been posted in other threads in this forum) - warning: spoilery!...

New Flash and Arrow Posters Released
Althea Serad  April 28, 2016
http://epicstream.com/news/New-Flash-and-Arrow-Posters-Released

The CW has released new promo posters for the upcoming episodes of The Flash and Arrow.

The new posters tease viewers with the challenges ahead for Barry Allen and Oliver Queen.

The Flash poster comes with the following words: “To be fast again, he’ll risk everything.

Meanwhile, the Arrow poster has these words: “It’s darkest before the doom.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

What I've gathered from the Flash is Barry is utterly useless without his powers. An issue I have with powered heroes is, none of them seem to do any kind of training and depend on their powers to defeat the bad guys. Barry lost his powers and can't help anyone anymore, while the non powered heroes can keep fighting no matter what. Oliver's not going to whine that he lost his bow, he'll use his fists or find another weapon, Sara can manage to turn anything into a bow staff. 

• Love 9

It was cheesy as anything, but even Supergirl managed to be a hero in the episode where she lost her powers. I think they were trying to show that Barry could still fight crime in this last episode of the Flash - just that he can't fight Zoom without his powers.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Tallis said:

Just finally watched last week's Legends. Celia Imrie! Celia Imrie is Rip's mum! I love you casting director.

First Anna Deveare Smith, now Celia Imrie. I am legit impressed.

• Love 1

I just saw Civil War. It was almost entirely fantastic. Except for the part that I *hated*, but I'm also aware that I hated it because I'm emotionally compromised, not because it was objectively bad.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Spoil me, please? I've been desperately looking for spoilers and they've been surprisingly hard to find. 

Sure. I'll PM you the rambly spoilery thing I just sent a couple of friends who asked the same. :)

Is there some beef between the Arrow and Flash writers? They could have easily edited the grave scene with Oliver and Barry to match up with what's going on over on The Flash. Just cut the part where Barry speeds off, or use the same take without the special effects.

20 minutes ago, Trini said:

Is there some beef between the Arrow and Flash writers? They could have easily edited the grave scene with Oliver and Barry to match up with what's going on over on The Flash. Just cut the part where Barry speeds off, or use the same take without the special effects.

I think Arrow is a couple of weeks behind Flash because when we came back from the midseason hiatus, it was only a few days after the events of 409 and did not follow real time like Flash did.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'm just thinking it was stock footage that they didn't bother with fixing, since in the Arrow Canon everyone already saw it. Changing it now would be changing something that already happened directly, plus Arrow and Flash haven't always been good at keeping up with each other's stories anyway, barring mentions of each other. Arrow writers, and possibly even the Flash writers, didn't know that Barry wouldn't have his speed at that moment once they filmed/wrote it in 401.

At least, that's why I didn't really care about the shot. The show is the Flash, Barry is going to get his speed back. Flash already had mistakes in Arrow's timeline twice last year (with Ray and Felicity's random visit to Central City and Oliver's appearance to help Barry defeat Reverse Flash in 122), so I just chalked it up to timeline mistakes again.

However as for possible beef...I always did wonder if there is any resentment at the random small crossovers, some which might be Network manadated. I mean, Ray and Felicity only showed up to promote Ray on Flash and Barry took Tatsu's logical role in saving the team. The big crossovers I get would be exciting, while the small ones I feel take the writers out of their own stories because they have to try to fit reasoning for appearances and non-original characters into their writing, taking time away from their own plots and characters. They still probably like the opportunity for crossovers and the ability to draw out other characters, but they sometimes do feel somewhat smushed in rather than organic or exciting.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Sure. I'll PM you the rambly spoilery thing I just sent a couple of friends who asked the same. :)

Any chance you could send me the spoiler on the thing you hated.  I have a guess about what it is and I want to be prepared. 

8 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I think Arrow is a couple of weeks behind Flash because when we came back from the midseason hiatus, it was only a few days after the events of 409 and did not follow real time like Flash did.

I think it has more to do with CW messing with the schedule.  Or the producers not really keeping track of when the episodes air.  Same thing happened last year with the Ray/Felicity Flash crossover that made no sense timing wise given the events on Arrow (especially the cliffy ending).

I think it probably just has to do with the Arrow FF being written so far in advance, and The Flash folks not caring enough about continuity to alter their own plans for depowered Barry to make it all line up. I guess we'll find out where the timelines line up if Laurel's death ever gets mentioned over there. 

• Love 3

I was so excited to turn on the On-demand to watch last weeks LoT before work yesterday afternoon, only for them to not have it. Sometimes, I really hate the CW On-demand ~ they never get things right. It's funny I'm 2 episodes behind on both LoT & Flash as a result of crazy CW scheduling and life getting in the way. But I found I could careless about the Flash. I mean I don't even know if I'll bother with the eps I missed - the commercials seem to tell me everything I need to know. Plus if the speculation is true

Spoiler

I really don't think I can watch BA/Dawson's Dad be brought on, only to kill him off for plot.

However, I desperately don't want LoT spoiled because altho I don't watch for the plot (way too convoluted & weak at the same time), I really do like to watch them in chronological order as it helps with the character relationships.

I watched last night's LoT episode and enjoyed it (although I now know where most of The CW's budget went).

UPDATED comparison of this week's superhero show ratings:
Supergirl (CBS) - [done for season, 4/18 finale was 1.3 and 6.11]
Gotham (FOX) - [repeat this week, last new episode was 1.2 and 3.72]
Flash (CW) - 1.3 and 3.39 (final)
Agents of SHIELD (ABC) - 1.0 and 3.22 (final)
Arrow (CW) - 0.9 and 2.27 (final)
LoT (CW) - 0.7 and 1.86 (final)

Edited by tv echo

They released the LoT finale synopsis.

Spoiler

THE FINAL BATTLE – After the numerous sacrifices the team has made since the beginning of this ride, Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides that it’s time they each decide their own destiny and returns them to Central City a few months after they first left. Returned to their normal lives, each team member must individually decide if they are willing to sacrifice everything in order to save the world. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) visits with her father (guest star Paul Blackthorne) who delivers some heartbreaking news about her sister. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Chris Fedak and teleplay by Phil Klemmer & Marc Guggenheim (LEG116). Original airdate 5/19/2016.

http://dclegendstv.com/2016/04/29/legends-of-tomorrow-season-finale-description-legendary/

11 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think it has more to do with CW messing with the schedule.  Or the producers not really keeping track of when the episodes air.  Same thing happened last year with the Ray/Felicity Flash crossover that made no sense timing wise given the events on Arrow (especially the cliffy ending).

Don't they work in the same building? They knew about this for weeks, at least. In any case, all they needed to do was cut 3 seconds from the graveside scene. It's sloppy that they wanted Barry there, but they aren't coordinated with the Flash people.

32 minutes ago, Trini said:

Don't they work in the same building? They knew about this for weeks, at least. In any case, all they needed to do was cut 3 seconds from the graveside scene. It's sloppy that they wanted Barry there, but they aren't coordinated with the Flash people.

It didn't matter at this point because Barry was already seen there months ago back in 401. If they cut from the scene, which would have taken out the "I'm going to kill him" line that was needed to connect the flash forwards together or at least ruined the flow of the scene, people would have remarked, "Wasn't Barry there the last time, what happened?" Not to mention, we don't know if the writers even wanted Barry there, but Oliver logically needed someone not on the cast to say his speech to to start the mystery of the grave and the red-herring for Felicity. Barry would be the only choice. It was just another unfortunate scheduling mishap between the shows that really doesn't affect the Arrow-side of things which is what the show is ultimately concerned with, like any other tv show.  

• Love 4

We all knew Barry's going to get his speed back. The show basically depends upon his speed to operate. I partially curious to see how the show would operate if the whole plot structure wasn't Run Barry Run. I don't really think it matters if it messed up the continuity of the shows to have BA stop by for a few min to chat with OQ in a scene that everyone knew existed from last Sept. It just would have looked wonky to cut out BA's part. Plus now that BA showed up at LL's funeral maybe some KC/LL fans will follow BA's adventures now that E2 KC is coming. So it's a win all around for everyone in the Flarrowverse from a promotion/production side.

Personally I found the widely different tone in the limo more off putting, then the random Flash commercials that reminded me that BA needs to risk it all to get his speed back.

• Love 3

Nope nope nope. I hope thea stays lol. 

Sorry. But I don't trust legends either to give thea justice. Yeah there's a possibility she can become loved like Sara or Mick or Snart... But then there's also a possibility that legends can make her the worst like Kendra, Ray, Jax... 

I'd like to see where the show goes for her now that Laurel is gone and she is back to hating Malcom. And I don't want to be robbed of great thea moments with the team. Ones she hasn't had before but now has the opportunity to. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

And I don't want to be robbed of great thea moments with the team. Ones she hasn't had before but now has the opportunity to. 

LOL, I just wrote the same thing over in the spoilers thread. Great minds, etc etc.. :D

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Nope nope nope. I hope thea stays lol. 

Sorry. But I don't trust legends either to give thea justice. Yeah there's a possibility she can become loved like Sara or Mick or Snart... But then there's also a possibility that legends can make her the worst like Kendra, Ray, Jax... 

I'd like to see where the show goes for her now that Laurel is gone and she is back to hating Malcom. And I don't want to be robbed of great thea moments with the team. Ones she hasn't had before but now has the opportunity to. 

Actually, I think Ray is great on Legends and Jax has drastically improved since his introduction on Flash. I honestly think Legends would improve Thea a lot. But I'm not saying they have to move her over - just that it could allow her character to grow and flesh out in a way that Arrow seems unwilling or unable to do.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Actually, I think Ray is great on Legends and Jax has drastically improved since his introduction on Flash. I honestly think Legends would improve Thea a lot. But I'm not saying they have to move her over - just that it could allow her character to grow and flesh out in a way that Arrow seems unwilling or unable to do.

Ah I see what you mean. Honestly, I just want to see her stay put for a while. I'd much rather see her develop on the show than another one. This is why I hated Felicity getting development on the flash in season 3... 

I'd much rather her go to LoT when she's a more fully formed character. And to be honest I really liked what Wendy said in that interview with TVline about Thea grappling with why she's a vigilante. I think it's good development for her to have. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

I think her established character traits would ensure she was well portrayed if she were to switch to LoT (it remains unlikely but setting that aside) since even though I now find Kendra useless and pointless and yeah even dragging down the whole show, I don't hate her, just hate the dumb plot that they've written for her but as long as Thea isn't revealed also to be a 4000 year old demi goddess who she alone can kill an immortal evil dude bent on hunting her through time, I can't see how they could turn her into a Kendra. 

• Love 3

I'm with the folks who want Thea to stay put on "Arrow." It's not that the show actually needs her, but I think she's actually a good fit with the team (maybe because there's no agenda to portray her as an equal; she's very much a sidekick). They just need to have her interact with more people on "Arrow."

I've caught a couple of episodes of LOT, the one with Digg's son and Oliver and the Wild Wild West one (because Brandon Routh looked hot in that cowboy hat and outfit in the previews; what? I'm shallow). The tonal differences within the eps were jarring, reminded me of episodes of Arrow Season 3. And the acting styles didn't quite jell for me in those 2 eps. It's like everybody was in their own little play. So I don't really want to see Thea added in that mix.

• Love 3

I guess this is the difference an actor can make. Like, I know people have had - and some still have - problems with Thea (although I agree she should be written better, personally I never hated her), but I just want to see more of her, and more of her with the Team. Whereas, with LL I wanted her to be far, far away from anyone I liked.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

Ah I see what you mean. Honestly, I just want to see her stay put for a while. I'd much rather see her develop on the show than another one. This is why I hated Felicity getting development on the flash in season 3... 

I'd much rather her go to LoT when she's a more fully formed character. And to be honest I really liked what Wendy said in that interview with TVline about Thea grappling with why she's a vigilante. I think it's good development for her to have. 

Will it actually be a development though? Or a one episode one-off before she fades to the background? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm with the folks who want Thea to stay put on "Arrow." It's not that the show actually needs her, but I think she's actually a good fit with the team (maybe because there's no agenda to portray her as an equal; she's very much a sidekick). They just need to have her interact with more people on "Arrow."

I've caught a couple of episodes of LOT, the one with Digg's son and Oliver and the Wild Wild West one (because Brandon Routh looked hot in that cowboy hat and outfit in the previews; what? I'm shallow). The tonal differences within the eps were jarring, reminded me of episodes of Arrow Season 3. And the acting styles didn't quite jell for me in those 2 eps. It's like everybody was in their own little play. So I don't really want to see Thea added in that mix.

The episode with Diggle Jr. is more like the exception to the rule on Legends. In fact, that episode felt much more like an Arrow episode than Legends.  The Wild West was a great episode for Legends with the exception of Kendra's plot. The actress who played old Kendra was great - it's just that her story isn't all the interesting when everyone else is off backing Ray as sheriff.  Incidentally, Snart playing Doc Holliday to Ray's Wyatt Earp is one of my favorite moments of the show.

• Love 2

And I loved last week's LoT where they were going back to rescue their younger selves from being deleted out of time.  The episodes they have problems with are pretty much the ones that revolve around Vandal Savage and the Hawks plots. 

• Love 5
On 4/28/2016 at 3:19 PM, tv echo said:

One guy's list...

Top 10 DC TV Superheroes: Who Will Reign Supreme?
 by Cody Schultz 3 hours ago
https://hiddenremote.com/2016/04/28/top-10-dc-tv-superheroes-who-will-reign-supreme/

10.  Rip Hunter
9.  Vixen
8.  Firestorm
7.  Martian Manhunter
6.  Spartan
5.  Hawkgirl & Hawkman
4.  White Canary
3.  The Green Arrow
2.  Supergirl
1.  The Flash

I never thought I'd say this but he needs to put Ray in there to replace Hawkgirl and Hawkman.  Have there ever been two such useless superheros?  Between Hawkman pushing Kendra too fast to remember her powers to catch Savage, or Kendra's latest move in not killing him, or just their general incompetence of 200 lifetimes repeatedly doing the same that that failed the last 199 times, they're utterly useless.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Who knew that the general sentiment would be "Poor Ray!"

Not from me!

My sentiment is still "Ugh!! Ray!" 

As for LoT, it's less cheesy, I actually like the future episodes more, obviously the "Arrow" episode and the one about killing Baby hitler.

The Wild West one bored me, which was a shame because you guys gave it a positive review. I think any that is too Ray focused shuts my care-factor brain off. 

• Love 5