Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I just find it hilarious that neither Thea nor Laurel told anyone about Nyssa being in the league jail which is kind of shitty of them because their actions are essentially what forced Nyssa to kill the LP. Not a good look on them. I also can't imagine Nyssa ever wanting to be around LL after what happened in NP. It confuses me why people brush what they did to Nyssa under the rug. 

I do hope that one of them fesses up soon and they can have an episode where Sara goes against the team (because they're weary of Nyssa considering she's a member of the LoA) to save Nyssa from the League. I can see an awesome fight between her and Malcolm and Nyssa/Sara having a beautiful reunion. That would be a great episode tbh

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

Sara doesn't know what happened to Nyssa. You'd think she'd ask. But I think the real factor in that storyline is KL's availability. I hope we do get some closure for Sara and Nyssa. I'm not counting on it since Nyssa had far more screen time with Laurel then she ever had with Sara. 

• Love 4

Sara doesn't know what happened to Nyssa. You'd think she'd ask. But I think the real factor in that storyline is KL's availability. I hope we do get some closure for Sara and Nyssa. I'm not counting on it since Nyssa had far more screen time with Laurel then she ever had with Sara. 

It makes me wonder if Sara truly loved Nyssa like Nyssa truly loves Sara. 

I think it makes sense for Sara to not want to ask about Nyssa because it's a life she wants to get FAR away from... Hmm

• Love 1

Sara doesn't know what happened to Nyssa. You'd think she'd ask. But I think the real factor in that storyline is KL's availability.  

Yeah, it's still an issue a bit with me. Sara didn't have any questions on ANYTHING. You can assume that Laurel and Thea filled her in on the obvious details (hey, we're both vigilantes now! We've got a new lair that Felicity bought for us! Oliver and Felicity are together now! Oliver's running for Mayor! Lance knows everything now!), but what about some key details that actually relate to Sara? Like, hey, some crazy League stuff happened and now Malcolm's Ra's Al Ghul. Oh, Nyssa? Well, she married Oliver under duress and she's now being held prisoner in Nanda Parbat. It would be hard to explain all of that, plus it would add an entire subplot to Sara that I don't think the writers of LoT want to deal with. Seems to me they want to start off Sara on a fresh slate (which, to me, kind of defeats part of the purpose of Sara's character) in the show.

But, yeah, it's all about availability of KL. Since they can't get her often enough to weave her into the plot, they don't want to tie Sara down with someone or something that can't be explained or come back on screen for them to use. It makes sense, but it will kind of make me feel a bit more disconnected with Sara. Here's hoping that they'll still incorporate parts of her past that were explored on Arrow instead of pretending that she's a completely new character or something. 

• Love 2

To be fair they really didn't give Sara any time to question things before they shipped her off to the spin off. She barely interacted with anyone. The whole resurrection storyline was for Because Comics not for Sara. 

But I could see Sara adapting to her new role in life, that's what she's been doing since the Gambit sank. Changing to fit where she is. Now her deal is to not give a shit, she has literally been everywhere you can possible go since she died and came back. She's probably thinking this her chance to start over. She's still got the darkness in her as we saw with her knife throwing skills but she's trying to have a better outlook in her new life. 

As for Nyssa and Sara I don't think the EP care much for them since they have had very little screentime together. Nyssa was given to Laurel and had much more meaningful screentime with her. 

A new potential LI for Sara has been cast

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/25/legends-tomorrow-sara-white-canary-love-interest-ali-liebert

EW has learned exclusively that Ali Liebert has been tapped to play a potential love interest for Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) in an upcoming episode of The CW’s new midseason series.

The Kyle XY and Fringe alum will play Lindsay Carlisle, a soft-spoken, intelligent lady who is the ideal picture of 1950s womanhood. Although she might seem at home amongst the strict morals of the time, she harbors a dark secret: she’s a lesbian. Confused and scared, it seems she is doomed to suffer alone in a backwards time … until she falls for a girl from the future, Sara Lance.

“At the start of this episode, we find Sara Lance completely out of place, both in time and place, visiting 1958 ‘Pleasantville, America’ — and also out of place emotionally,” executive producer Phil Klemmer tells EW. “After Sara was brought back from the dead on Arrow, she hasn’t been herself — she’s been consumed by a quest for bloodshed and incapable of  having romantic feelings for anyone. The strict social norms of the fifties makes this the last place Sara Lance would ever expect to find love with a young, closeted nurse, but that’s how love works — it finds you.”

In the relationship department, Sara was previously attached to Oliver (Stephen Amell), which is how she ended up on the island and eventually in the League of Assassins. That’s where she met and fell for Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law), who doesn’t seem to be a fan of the reincarnated Sara, hence the White Canary now being alone.

“When Sara first meets Lindsay Carlisle, she finds herself in the position of caring about someone for the first time in forever — an idea she’s not entirely sure she’s ready for,” Klemmer continues. “It’s easy for our cold hearted assassin to kill a hundred people, but does she have the ability to care about one?”
Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2

I don't think so. Seems like a clear-cut "girl of the week" case. They may bring her back if she turns out to be very popular, though, but I suspect Sara/member of the main team will be the prevailing ship, unless Lauriver-level of on-screen chemistry happens.

Edited by FurryFury

It sounds to me that she has the possibility of being on more than one episode.

CL mentioned a female love interest for Sara at a con before and said it may be brief, not that it surely would. She also shot down Ray/Sara, so I find that all encouraging.

I wonder if Sara will actually say something about  going to see Nyssa and Nyssa rejecting her. But maybe that bit about Sara being alone because of Nyssa not being a fan of the resurrection was just speculation on the writer's part, given what we've seen on Arrow.

Edited by looptab

I really bought into the Sara/Nyssa relationship and Nyssa's love for Sara so they are going to have to give me a very good explanation as to why Sara is not with her now.

Ali Liebert played much the same role, a closeted lesbian, in Bomb Girls which was set in 1940, so I think she'll do a good job here.  Although I don't see how she can be a recurring love interest since she's almost 50 years in the past.  Kind of like Dr. Who having a love interest who doesn't travel with him.

She could always somehow be brought forward in time.

I hate too how whenever Nyssa is on Arrow, she is all about Sara. But when Sara is actually on the show, she never even mentions Nyssas name.

I know many don't like this possibility, but maybe Sara doesn't have the same level of feelings for Nyssa that Nyssa has for Sara. Or maybe she equates Nyssa with the LOA too much, and we've seen how whenever she gets a chance she runs away from them.

I agree with FurryFury that her female love interest(s) will be guest stars, while she flirts with the three most likely regulars until they decide who she has the most chemistry with. I disagree that a Lauriver-type situation is possible here. Even if she doesn't click with one of them, there's still the other two. The promo bits with Rip and Cold looks like she's going to have a fun dynamic with both of them.

• Love 7

I think Sara very much is the love of Nyssa's life, but I have never felt the same held true for Sara, perhaps because her relationship with Nyssa is too intertwined with being a member of the League. Nevertheless they were in a relationship when Sara died, and I really need some closure on that. I hate it that we never got a scene with Sara even asking about Nyssa.

ETA: Apparently Lokiberry and I are thinking along the same lines in regards to Nyssa and Sara. :)

I think if there's any parallels to Lauriver it will be with the Hawks and not with Sara. They always get in the most trouble with their pre-programmed romances. But even there they can kill one of them off and go "better luck next life!".

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

Again I have to go with Sara and Nyssa barely shared any screentime, Nyssa had far more screentime with Laurel. So I feel the writers do not care about that relationship. So I'm for any love interest for Sara that gets more screentime with her. 

I also feel that Sara loves Nyssa but is not in love with her anymore. We have to remember she broke up with Nyssa because she didn't want to be part of the League. Nyssa even asked Sara if she loved her anymore. Sara didn't respond. She went back to her and the LOA to get their help to save her city. Nyssa is part of the league, that's the part Sara wants to distance herself from. The life Nyssa offered her was the life of a killer. That's not who she wants to be and that's all Nyssa knows how to be. I do think they need closure, Sara probably needs to tell Nyssa she needs to find herself again now that she has a second chance at living. 

I'm all for Sara finding someone else, someone that is not connected to her many traumas. The closeted nurse sounds like someone that could help Sara heal. Unless they have insane chemistry I don't think this is the end game love for her. 

• Love 4

As far as Laurel/Nyssa spending more time together on screen then Sara/Nyssa, well yeah Sara was dead and Sara was not a full time character in S2 so of course they wouldn't get that much time together since it didn't call for it. Nyssa was the backup for the scrapped Ted Grant storyline.

If Sara isn't really into Nyssa due to the life style that she leads then it just needs to be addressed and they can quickly move on. But to not address it at all would be strange. 

It sounds to me that she has the possibility of being on more than one episode.

CL mentioned a female love interest for Sara at a con before and said it may be brief, not that it surely would. She also shot down Ray/Sara, so I find that all encouraging.

I'd say the nurse will be in more than one episode.  The way LoT is structured, the show will spend multiple episodes in one time period. 

My first instinct was to say that poor 50's Nurse was destined to tragically die but this is Sara and the last thing her character needs is more tragedy so more likely there will be a bittersweet parting but Sara will see that she had impacted the Nurse's life for the better.  Cue the start of Sara's emotional rehabilitation. 

• Love 2

I've gotta admit that I find it hilarious that there's likely to be ship wars breaking out between
supporters of White Atom, CanaryHunter, Captain Canary (I don't really know what that pairing is
being called) and Nyssara. I mean, when you consider what happened with Lauriver. . .

It's like TPTB can't help themselves; not matter what they do, Sara still comes off as a 1000%

more awesome then the Official, Notorized, Because Comics version of Black Canary.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 3

I wonder if the show runners will throw everything at the wall and see what sticks re chemistry or if they already have a plan.  I'm going to go into it with an open mind for now.  It's nuts really for a show with no comic history being drawn upon and not even on the air to already have shippers talking. 

Anyone have a feel for the buzz for this show beyond the Arrow boards?  Are there any negative responses to it?  There was a lot of hesitancy after the crossover but I wonder if that ill will was wiped away by the awesome MSF of Arrow (like it was for me) and the great looking promos. 

I'd say the nurse will be in more than one episode.  The way LoT is structured, the show will spend multiple episodes in one time period. 

My first instinct was to say that poor 50's Nurse was destined to tragically die but this is Sara and the last thing her character needs is more tragedy so more likely there will be a bittersweet parting but Sara will see that she had impacted the Nurse's life for the better.  Cue the start of Sara's emotional rehabilitation.

If fans really like her, I can see her sticking around or recurring every so often somehow.

As for shipping Sara with characters, I'm fine for anything except Ray.

The Flarrow crossover was pretty bad IMO. The Hawks are enough to turn me off from the show. I'm mainly watching for Sara and Snart, but Rip, Stein, Jax also interest me.

All I've seen is, IMO, unearned praise and excitement for the show, even during the crossover. Don't get me wrong, the promos make the show look very interesting, and I will be watching to the best of my abilities, but I can't help but feel a bit of negative towards all of the seemingly positive buzz that the show is getting. Overall, I feel like the pilot and the show will be good, just as overall Arrow and Flash are good, but I can't help but doubt the success that some people believe this show might get. I get that marketing is everything, and that the huge build-up and support from CW alone will get it some good initial numbers, but everything this show is doing doesn't really equate huge hit to me.

There's no central character to focus on (although the marketing does seem to favor Rip, Sara, and Cold). The biggest draw-ins are characters from other shows (yes, Barry, Cisco, and Caitlin technically showed up on Arrow first, but not to the extent that almost every character on this show is). The show has a problematic premise (time travel). The show has unrecognizable heroes to follow (Flash was pretty mainstream enough to recognize and even if Green Arrow wasn't recognizable from Smallville, the set-up of the show framed him as Dark Knight-esque enough to easily recognize and follow what type of hero Oliver was going to be). The show itself is based off problematic aspects from the other shows (the Firestorm episode wasn't that well received, neither was Ray, Cold's switch towards anti-hero was pretty heavy-handed, the Hawks weren't praised in the crossover, Sara's death and resurrection weren't that well received either). Granted, many of those less-than-enthusiastic responses came after the show was well into production, but the idea that now the show will be following these stories did damper my overall enthusiasm for the show. To me, there are so many variables that make this show more problematic than it's worth, and I would love to know what calculations they did to figure that this show is worth the extra effort.

The show seems to be going for a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe, which could really help it differentiate itself from all of the other superhero shows. Also, I get the feeling that they are going to re-establish all of these characters just like they did Barry for the Flash to get the new viewers (granted, that would defy the reason for getting favorites from the other tv shows in the first place, but any viewer is a viewer). I just don't believe that it could rival the Flash's success, despite what I've seen many people predict (i.e. "this has aspects of Flash and Arrow, so it will have more viewers than both!" no, that's not how viewership works)   

• Love 2

The show itself is based off problematic aspects from the other shows (the Firestorm episode wasn't that well received, neither was Ray, Cold's switch towards anti-hero was pretty heavy-handed, the Hawks weren't praised in the crossover, Sara's death and resurrection weren't that well received either).

I don't disagree with anything you said but as much as we complained about the LoT characters taking over Arrow and Flash, I think the LoT characters suffered from being stuck propping the Arrow and Flash characters.  I'm holding onto hope that freed from unnatural pairings (Cisco and Kendra) and sisters doing extreme things that may or may not have been interpreted as awful that the things that didn't work finally will. 

LoT seems like a wild card in the ratings.  I think it could go just about any way from tanking to doing solid numbers like Arrow or if it consistently gets good buzz, maybe something bigger.  I just don't know. 

BUT!  IF somehow LoT did do better than Flash, a crossover with LoT would be Arrow's only chance at growing it's audience so from that standpoint, I'm rooting for LoT to shoot for the moon.  (As unlikely as that may seem)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

LoT is freed from a lot of the conventions of even comic book drama/adventure and it's not even the sky, it's the past and the future that are the limits.

It could be a great success or a spectacular failure.  I just hope GB gets someone decent to show-run it.

My only problem with the lack of Nyssa/Sara on LoT or Arrow S4 stems from the refusal to even address it. Does Sara know that Nyssa is an LoA prisoner? Does she care at all?

I agree with others that Nyssa viewed Sara as her great love. However, I'm not sure Sara's emotions for Nyssa were that deep. But I'd still expect something from Sara pertaining to Nyssa. Right now it just seems like the lack of acknowledgement makes me focus even more on Nyssa.

• Love 3

I feel like SL wasn't really even on s4 of Arrow. It resurrected her and gave her like 3 lines. So the fact that she didn't address the Nyssa situation doesn't really bother me because it was due to a time constraint. I also feel like Arrow is no longer concerned with SL as a character and is letting LOT control her development which is probably why they minimized her part in s4. She was a plot point in s3&4, not a character.

Also if my speculation is true and they kill of Nyssa. LOT may be waiting to see what Arrow does with her before they address N/S relationship on LoT. Once Arrow makes its intentions with Nyssa known than LOT will probably give some type of closure from SLs perspective. Even if its only a few lines from SL likely to someone else about how she loved Nyssa and will always remember & love her but she needs to move forward with her life.

I'm not as concerned about it because I feel like Nyssa expressed her emotional closure regarding the relationship in her last episode of Arrow. She expressed that she accepted her death and is grieving but moving forward. For me that is enough closure from her standpoint.

Frankly, unless KL becomes a regular or a recurring on LoT I do not see either show really investing in giving us this big emotional closure between the two. I expect only a few lines from SL (most likely after Nyssa's death) and the relationship will officially be closed. Nyssa is probably going to join the ranks of Tommy & Eddie, lost loves & relationships that the audience cared about way more than the writers.

That's my dream crack ship too. Sara bringing Lady Blackhawk into the present. 

As for LoT after I got over my YAY SARA'S BACK! I wondered what the show was going to be about. The time travel aspect is what made me even more excited for it. Startgate+Doctor Who+Super Heroes. I'm in! I already love Sara, Stein and Cold and I will probably like Rip. The others I will give time to grow on me. If not liking 4 out of 9 is enough for me to keep watching a show. 

• Love 1

Putting this here because even though most of the guesses pertain to an Arrow cast member it's still a blind item. IMO, the "theory" falls apart as soon as the site mentions a new show starring said cast member. They're making it sound like it's another spinoff. But who would back a show featuring this cast member/character?!? Speculate away ...

I think it's pretty obvious who the BI is talking about, but the part about the actress "rival[ing] the lead of the show for most media coverage" doesn't really fit. Also, calling her a B- lister is way too generous. And the last part is confusing. So B-list actress is getting a new show, but is also pushing to get the one that replaced her killed off anyway out of spite? Because it shouldn't matter to B-lister who the star's love interest is if she's on a new show anyway.

• Love 1

If that is true and if it is about Katie, I would be thrilled. Of course I highly doubt it since CW said they are done with DC superhero shows but gimme a Birds of Prey spin-off. I think if we had writers who cared about the character and gave her good material she would excel, she was getting rave reviews for Melrose Place back in the day.

It's obvious who they're talking about.

Oh, if only it was true, it would make watching Arrow 10x better. However, no way is that person getting a producer credit, veto power over casting decisions or even a show centered around that character/actor.

• Love 1

Weird blind item that sure sounds a lot like Katie Cassidy. If her, and if correct, would imply either she's going to LoT or they're going to try for another spinoff.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/12/todays-blind-items-fandom-meltdown-coming.html#comment-3555011

Is this reliable? It kind of sounds like KC, and the actress who replaced her in a story line, and she now hates and tried to get killed off could be either CL or EBR, but I don't know. I know she's not going to LoT, at least for this season, because they're half way through filming already. I suppose she could be joining for the second season, but that would mean they would have to ditch CL AGAIN to make room for the buckles, and that's just too much stupid even for Berlanti and Co.

I suppose they could be talking about a BC spin off, but who would watch it?

Katie Cassidy might be getting her own show? Heh. Good luck with that, pal. She can't even convincingly play a secondary-to-tertiary character on this one. And if she got to have producer/creative input, I can only assume that the heroine and her sidekicks would all have a lot of costume changes.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 4

Is this reliable? It kind of sounds like KC, and the actress who replaced her in a story line, and she now hates and tried to get killed off could be either CL or EBR, but I don't know. I know she's not going to LoT, at least for this season, because they're half way through filming already. I suppose she could be joining for the second season, but that would mean they would have to ditch CL AGAIN to make room for the buckles, and that's just too much stupid even for Berlanti and Co.

I suppose they could be talking about a BC spin off, but who would watch it?

No idea on reliability, but if they kill Quentin and have Laurel leave for her own adventures at the end of S4, the timing could fit. 

• Love 1

The blind item pretty strongly implies whoever it is is getting a spinoff/at least a pilot/a role on maybe S2 of LoT not because of her skills or popularity, but because she's basically banged every necessary decisionmaker to get the part. I really have no idea if that works in Hollywood, but that might negate, to some extent, the fact that she's kind of a crap actress.

If LoT really does do an anthology every season, and say Quentin croaks and Laurel leaves for her own adventures, it could work.