Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Absinthe-minded

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, AntAnn said:

They better make decent tips or find a new job. You have to a really bad bartender or in a really bad house to not be able to support yourself on a few nights of work a week, even on the coast.  Been there, done that. I’m 5 years older than Lisa and she seems to understand that. I think tom squared will be a winner, except for that upstairs kitchen, get a dumb waiter, who would insure that stair stuff? 

She has a whole show full of them?

(Kidding, kidding. I don’t think the cast is *dumb.*)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, AntAnn said:

They better make decent tips or find a new job. You have to a really bad bartender or in a really bad house to not be able to support yourself on a few nights of work a week, even on the coast.  Been there, done that. I’m 5 years older than Lisa and she seems to understand that. I think tom squared will be a winner, except for that upstairs kitchen, get a dumb waiter, who would insure that stair stuff? 

6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But that isn't all they are, they make money for this show and tons for appearances. 

Also, bartenders make a lot more than minimum wage if they are decent due to tips. 

There’s a big difference between being able to support yourself as a bartender and having a spare $150,000 to suddenly be a restaurateur. They also work in a restaurant that serves alcohol, not a bustling nightclub, so I can’t imagine the tips are off the charts like it could be if they worked in a “real bar.” They make money from Bravo but this seems to be the only show that HASN’T parlayed their image into a wine or alcohol line or cookbook or something. I mean, if any one of these characters should have a line of alcohol, why not the actual bartenders? Oh, because Lisa Van Der Pump already owns the rose and sangria line with her name on it that they merely serve. You need money to make money. My point is that Lisa should recognize that the Toms are nowhere near her financial stratosphere, but that doesn’t mean they’re  not serious about the restaurant. If she really cared about these guys “like sons” or wanted to prepare to pass on the legacy of her restaurants (since her kids aren’t interested), she has enough money that she could gift them each 25% (with parameters around sweat equity to ensure they’re pulling their weight) and still own half—or 24.5% to her 51% to still have majority stake. She’s trading off of THEIR name and fanbase and hard work (work in Sandoval’s case, anyway—don’t know what Schwartz will provide). She’s setting it up so they are just paying their life’s savings plus loans to continue to work FOR her. She’s not doing THEM any favors here, and she still expects them to grovel at her feet. I think the majority of what Lisa does is bitchy, but this one takes the cake. If you care about these guys,  then truly set them up for a successful future. It’s no loss to you—and would be EVERYTHING to them.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

There’s a big difference between being able to support yourself as a bartender and having a spare $150,000 to suddenly be a restaurateur. They also work in a restaurant that serves alcohol, not a bustling nightclub, so I can’t imagine the tips are off the charts like it could be if they worked in a “real bar.” They make money from Bravo but this seems to be the only show that HASN’T parlayed their image into a wine or alcohol line or cookbook or something. I mean, if any one of these characters should have a line of alcohol, why not the actual bartenders? Oh, because Lisa Van Der Pump already owns the rose and sangria line with her name on it that they merely serve. You need money to make money. My point is that Lisa should recognize that the Toms are nowhere near her financial stratosphere, but that doesn’t mean they’re  not serious about the restaurant. If she really cared about these guys “like sons” or wanted to prepare to pass on the legacy of her restaurants (since her kids aren’t interested), she has enough money that she could gift them each 25% (with parameters around sweat equity to ensure they’re pulling their weight) and still own half—or 24.5% to her 51% to still have majority stake. She’s trading off of THEIR name and fanbase and hard work (work in Sandoval’s case, anyway—don’t know what Schwartz will provide). She’s setting it up so they are just paying their life’s savings plus loans to continue to work FOR her. She’s not doing THEM any favors here, and she still expects them to grovel at her feet. I think the majority of what Lisa does is bitchy, but this one takes the cake. If you care about these guys,  then truly set them up for a successful future. It’s no loss to you—and would be EVERYTHING to them.

I see your point but if you aren't a Lisa fan anyway you won't like the deal:) I think Lisa did math on a few fingers and knows that it isn't completely unrealistic to think those guys have $100K to invest at this point because of the show. It also does back up the commitment which let's face it at least with Schwartz needs to have a monetary risk otherwise there is no there there with that guy. And as far has her so called attitude, LVP didn't become LVP making nice over negotiating tables. She's a business person and if you thought the negotiating was tough wait til they get to permits, construction, design, etc. Those guys will probably go home crying every night after dealing with her.

• Love 7

Doesn't the cast make a good chunk of money on appearance fees at clubs and other places? So that and what they make from VR they should have well over $120,000. Also, I think Lisa said that she had to make the amount big enough so they would put in the work, because they would have more to lose. I can see Sandoval taking it seriously, but Schwartz seems to be a flake. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Absolutely love Lala.  She's such a badass.  

Except for the times she cries about being called a hooker by her coworkers and runs home to her mommy.

1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

Doesn't the cast make a good chunk of money on appearance fees at clubs and other places? So that and what they make from VR they should have well over $120,000. Also, I think Lisa said that she had to make the amount big enough so they would put in the work, because they would have more to lose. I can see Sandoval taking it seriously, but Schwartz seems to be a flake. 

That reminds me; didn't Schwartz surprise everyone when he said he had saved up some obscene amount of money for his money last season?

• Love 5
Just now, Adira said:

So I don't know if this is accurate, but it says Tom Sandoval makes $15k per episode.

https://riothousewives.com/vanderpump-rules-net-worth-and-salary/2/

There were 24 episodes in both season 4 and 5, so that's $360,000 per season!  And Tom Sandoval has stayed in his shitty apartment since BEFORE Vanderpump Rules, so there's no reason to believe he shouldn't have $100k+ to invest.

Did you see the Mercedes he pulled up to Lisa V ' house in. That looked like a 60-70k car.  

• Love 4

Unless they've drunk all their money away (or snorted it away in Jax's case) everyone on the cast should have $150,000 to invest. I believe the $15,000 figure. I used to listen to Stassi's podcast and the way she was living before she returned to Vanderpump Rules versus after returning was huge. They make a huge sum of money for the season plus all of the appearances they do, which are numerous. I don't think Lisa was being unfair when she asked for $150,000 from the Toms. 

• Love 5
On 1/5/2018 at 7:29 AM, Juliegirlj said:

According to Lala if a girl isn’t ugly and has a set of tits she can fly private..... Think she left out a few details, hahaha. 

Right? If she hadn’t, I think a whole bunch more of us would be flying private.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Right? If she hadn’t, I think a whole bunch more of us would be flying private.

We're talking LA area; the capital of fake! Rich guys love to impress and show off! Flying private's just one of those needless expenses in society! I think Jill Zarin even played it off in the "Scary Island" episode years ago on RHWNY! She flew in and flew right out on a jet; a true waste of egomaniacal spending! ;-(

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2018 at 2:02 PM, Scootman said:

I think this is why LVP likes her so much. LVP's jump from bikini-wearing actress on Silk Stalkings to high-class restaurant owner did include marrying a rich, older man. 

On 1/2/2018 at 2:50 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

This is something NEVER brought up on either BH & certainly not on this show.  Just where would LVP have wound up if she hadn't gold-dug her way to Ken's dough?  I mean, seriously, she could have ended up like Lana Clarkson, as a hostess in a dingy LA club, if she hadn't caught Ken & his dough, right?

So maybe she does admire Lala's gold-digging skills.  After all, she is the only chucklefuck to have managed to rope in some sucker with dough.  Ah, BUT (as expected of a chucklefuck) this could totally blow up in her face in a sec if (uh, when) he dumps her.

LVP coulda been a chucklefuck herself, if not for Ken's dough.  She proves that over & over with her shitty business decisions and hiring the various chucklefucks back, no matter what shit they pull.  I'm still waiting for her to hire Cigarette Sally back, to give her a storyline.  Oy.

I think Lisa is absolutely very hardworking and intelligent, but I've noticed that too. She's always presented as someone self-made, but she married a way older business man who already had success. We'll never know for sure what she would have achieved on her own. She may not have ever even become a restaurateur. 

• Like 4
On 6/3/2024 at 3:55 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think Lisa is absolutely very hardworking and intelligent, but I've noticed that too. She's always presented as someone self-made, but she married a way older business man who already had success. We'll never know for sure what she would have achieved on her own. She may not have ever even become a restaurateur. 

When Stassi had Lisa on her podcast, Stassi and her listeners were much more interested in how Lisa got a wealthy and successful man-about-town to marry her than about any of Lisa's "business skills" 😄

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, princelina said:

When Stassi had Lisa on her podcast, Stassi and her listeners were much more interested in how Lisa got a wealthy and successful man-about-town to marry her than about any of Lisa's "business skills" 😄

lol I’ll have to listen to that podcast! 

• LOL 1