Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I posed a similar question on Twitter and got some interesting responses. Some thought it was shadow and sunlight most thought similar to your spoiler. I just don't understand why they would do that through jeans or pants when they are so good at prosthetic injuries. Look at what they did with his leg in who we are last season. It looks like there was bleach spilled on them somehow. It's weird.

Spoiler

Maybe it's something to do with Dean dying and being resurrected in a time period where they wear short pants like that? It doesn't look like lighting to me because there is a hole on the inside part of the pant by his knee. It looks damaged to me.

What? I was studying it ...for science..

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I looks like shadowing to me. He's wearing a pair of camel colored pants and a hoodie.  It doesn't look like "flesh" below the knee, even flesh that's been doctored to look injured.  All I know for sure is that I wouldn't mind having her job...

I think they are jeans, and I don't think even the brightest sunlight would make them appear that colour. A shadow from that angle would not have such clear delineation and they don't seem to be casting a shadow behind them. To me it looks like they've been stained or splashed with bleach somehow. With the watch and hoodie, I assume this is Jensen, not Dean, so I don't know why he'd have a blood pack on?

jen.jpg

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1

It's like that dress that went viral.  I still think it's the evening sunlight hitting his denim jeans - you can see the shadow of the sunshine behind. The colour of the photo is making the black too black.

Jensen and his backpack tired and weary and wanting to go home.  I wish I worked on that set.  I'd do it for free.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think they are jeans, and I don't think even the brightest sunlight would make them appear that colour. To me it looks like they've been stained or splashed with bleach somehow. With the watch and hoodie, I assume this is Jensen, not Dean, so I don't know why he'd have a blood pack on?

jen.jpg

My first thought was that Jensen rode his bike and those are bike shorts and he's wearing a water pack And maybe he took a tumble on his bike and his leg was scraped up. However, that doesn't look like blood. My problem with it being a water pack is all the tubey things.  Most water packs just have one tube to sip the water and that could be on the other side we can't see.

I think a blood pack would have that extra tubing for whatever reasons. Maybe it's a harness of some kind. If you look at his hand, his leg is almost the same color but it looks bulkier. So I'm thinking a flesh colored prosthetic over his actual leg so it looks kind of weird.

13 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

It's like that dress that went viral.  I still think it's the evening sunlight hitting his denim jeans - you can see the shadow of the sunshine behind. The colour of the photo is making the black too black.

I would think if it was the evening sunlight it would be hitting the woman's leg in the same spot but I see nothing of that color on her black pants. 

I see the colors on the trailer which don't look like sunlight to me. That looks like the color the trailer is painted.

32 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

My first thought was that Jensen rode his bike and those are bike shorts and he's wearing a water pack And maybe he took a tumble on his bike and his leg was scraped up. However, that doesn't look like blood. My problem with it being a water pack is all the tubey things.  Most water packs just have one tube to sip the water and that could be on the other side we can't see.

I think a blood pack would have that extra tubing for whatever reasons. Maybe it's a harness of some kind. If you look at his hand, his leg is almost the same color but it looks bulkier. So I'm thinking a flesh colored prosthetic over his actual leg so it looks kind of weird.

Look at the knee area. You can see the folds of the fabric. I'm 100% certain.

I can't think of any reason Jensen would have a blood pack on, nor any reason 'Dean' would have one on outside of his hoodie. I think it's just a regular backpack. I don't think those are tubes, just the buckles and straps.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Look at the knee area. You can see the folds of the fabric. I'm 100% certain.

I can't think of any reason Jensen would have a blood pack on, nor any reason 'Dean' would have one on outside of his hoodie. I think it's just a regular backpack. I don't think those are tubes, just the buckles and straps.

IA, it's jeans.  Once you see the sunlight, it's hard not to see it.  As for why the girl's pants are highlighted, all I can say is there are tons of trailers around, He could be in a shaftt of sunlight and she is not. 

And I'm wondering if it's not late in the day but uber-earlyin the morining.  Then again, Jensen would probably not ride in the early morning.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And Arrow looks like 'omg what is this fresh hell you've gotten me into???' LOL! 

I know!  I’m sure she’ll relax soon.  Looking at JJ all confident and Big Sister-like.  

• Love 3

They really are a beautiful family.  And at least from the outside, they seem like genuinely nice people, as well.  It's fun to be a fan of people who seem so "normal".  That actually applies to most of the cast of this show.  I know for me, that's a big part of the appeal.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

They really are a beautiful family.  And at least from the outside, they seem like genuinely nice people, as well.  It's fun to be a fan of people who seem so "normal".  That actually applies to most of the cast of this show.  I know for me, that's a big part of the appeal.  

Absolutely. The cast in general doesn't seem Hollywood. Very grounded. 

18 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And Arrow looks like 'omg what is this fresh hell you've gotten me into???' LOL! 

I LOL! at that, too.

Poor, Sweet Baby.

Looks like a great start to hiatus for the Ackles family. :-)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Posted my thoughts about this in the Mary thread, but I'll leave this here for posterity.

I think that the best I can say about her statement/caption  is "no comment".  Getting a second shot at being a mom is now deep. Sure.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, belbar said:

I think that the best I can say about her statement/caption  is "no comment".  Getting a second shot at being a mom is now deep. Sure.

You know, most of the talk around the show just makes me roll my eyes, or amuses me, or annoys me. This legit pisses me off, and the more I think about it the angrier I get. I bet the 'boys' would like a second chance at their childhood, too. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You know, most of the talk around the show just makes me roll my eyes, or amuses me, or annoys me. This legit pisses me off, and the more I think about it the angrier I get. I bet the 'boys' would like a second chance at their childhood, too.

I get you, believe me. Since her return Mary's story arc has been an enless nonsense. I prefer not to comment on the actors, but in this case I gotta say that Sam Smith is not helping her case at all. I'm sure she's a great person but she must be visiting the same otolaryngologist than Singer.

Add me to the "rolling eyes" club.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, belbar said:

Wow. That actually pisses me off because she had a chance to be a mom to her own sons .and she opted out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Wow. That actually pisses me off because she had a chance to be a mom to her own sons .and she opted out.

Exactly. And not only opted out. She's been cheating, lying and betraying them, according to Dabb, since forever. And then, when she has the chance to do better she doesn't even try, because she needs time and she's so much more than just a mom. After all she's super duper. But now she can't lose another boy. The one that she met a few weeks ago. Ok then.  Super.

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Posted my thoughts about this in the Mary thread, but I'll leave this here for posterity.

Ugh. Deep as a puddle for sure. You don't need another shot Mary; you're already a mom to sons that you couldn't give a shit about. *sigh* SM just adds to my loathing sometimes.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

I can't believe Jensen posted this for the #oldHeadshot tags. Such a beautiful boy (but a more handsome man).

It's truly amazing how he looks even better by the year :)

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 4

I rewatched some of season 1 today and something made me curious; hopefully someone will have the answer to this. Did Blue Oyster Cult prohibit use of their songs for Netflix? "Don't Fear The Reaper" and "Burnin For You" and " Fire Of Unknown Origin" have been replaced in the season 1 eps that they appeared in but as far as I can tell nothing else has been replaced.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I rewatched some of season 1 today and something made me curious; hopefully someone will have the answer to this. Did Blue Oyster Cult prohibit use of their songs for Netflix? "Don't Fear The Reaper" and "Burnin For You" and " Fire Of Unknown Origin" have been replaced in the season 1 eps that they appeared in but as far as I can tell nothing else has been replaced.

I'm not sure if they specifically refused but I think there was more than just those songs. 

10 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

As far as I can tell, Netflix changed all of the Season 1 music. There’s no “Bad Moon Rising” or even “Carry on my Wayward Son.”

• Love 1
(edited)

Probably a licensing rights/cost issue. Like with the old Roswell TV show where you couldn`t have the original music on the DVD release. The US release at least, it was perfectly okay to have it on the German dubbed versions. Those rights things are so terribly complicated to me.  

Changing music always takes me out of things because I tend to have the "right" music playing in my head to a scene.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2

That's why I buy the Blu-ray disks. (All except season 12.  I'll get that one if I see it cheap).

I miss the classic rock in these  recent seasons. I miss the gritty darkness and blue collar life on the road.  I don't care about gods, heaven and the like.

I think I'm in the wrong thread again.... :(

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeddah said:

As far as I can tell, Netflix changed all of the Season 1 music. There’s no “Bad Moon Rising” or even “Carry on my Wayward Son.”

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

That's a tragedy.

I thought Carry On Wayward Son didn't come along until the S2 season finale Then/Now? But no Bad Moon Rising in Devil's Trap? That's just wrong.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I thought Carry On Wayward Son didn't come along until the S2 season finale Then/Now? But no Bad Moon Rising in Devil's Trap? That's just wrong.

It was used in “Salvation.”

5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I was looking at superwiki the other day and we have had no good music this whole season. It's very disappointing. The music is an important part of this show. 

They may have shot the music budget on getting Metallica for the Road So Far at the beginning of the season. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think licensing contracts were just very different in 2005. Didn’t the WB/ CW change happen after season 1? Maybe the WB did a crappy job with their licensing agreements, but CW made sure to get the rights to use the songs on all platforms.

Edited by Jeddah
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They don't even use Bad Moon Rising on TNT in the reruns.  

36 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

I think licensing contracts were just very different in 2005. Didn’t the WB/ CW change happen after season 1? Maybe the WB did a crappy job with their licensing agreements, but CW made sure to get the rights to use the songs on all platforms.

Since the problem seems limited to season 1, I think this is probably right.