Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I'll go with it's likely NOT a selfie and Jensen posted it because he was thinking about how great the athletes were and it shows him watching them. Sometimes he plays with us, but I don't think he's playing.  He's just really impressed by them.   

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, belbar said:

I totally agree.

you're probably right and someone took the picture. However the feeling of the photo is that he's lonely in the darkness. It's more a vibe of Dean than Jensen.

I find it really interesting how people get something so different from pictures . To me, I see a guy who is tired after a long day of work, happy to be home and intently watching athletes. I don't get any loneliness at all out of it.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Without any caption, I probably would have assumed he was watching a scary movie, or a news report about a tragedy. 

It's the "stunned" look IMO.  Which in this case is amazed at their skill.  Then again, when I see those dancing pairs throw the women up into a triple something or other above the man's head, I'm freaking 'cover my eyes' scared.  Or the aptly-named (although not intentionally) Skeleton. These winter Olympics have a LOT of death-defying moments.  Any one of which can trigger that look IMO of intensity.  It's one of the reasons we watch.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SueB said:

It's the "stunned" look IMO.  Which in this case is amazed at their skill.  Then again, when I see those dancing pairs throw the women up into a triple something or other above the man's head, I'm freaking 'cover my eyes' scared.  Or the aptly-named (although not intentionally) Skeleton. These winter Olympics have a LOT of death-defying moments.  Anyone of which can trigger that look IMO of intensity.  It's one of the reasons we watch.  

I mean they are all basically throwing people around with knives attached to their feet.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I find it really interesting how people get something so different from pictures . To me, I see a guy who is tired after a long day of work, happy to be home and intently watching athletes. I don't get any loneliness at all out of it.

And again you're probably right. For all we know Jensen is a happy person, crazy about his wife and family, with plenty of friend and loves his job.  Perfect combo. So no reason for us to think otherwise. It's just the feeling that this picture evokes. But as you said it's different for everyone and yes really interesting. It's a great picture.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Without any caption, I probably would have assumed he was watching a scary movie, or a news report about a tragedy.

I suppose if there weren't a caption, we'd all be speculating as to what he's thinking.  But given that he's saying outright what he's doing, I don't see any reason not to just take him at his word.  Jensen doesn't really give off a sad vibe to me, but considering I don't know him at all, I suppose anything's possible.  I'm going to go with tired and awestruck.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I suppose if there weren't a caption, we'd all be speculating as to what he's thinking.  But given that he's saying outright what he's doing, I don't see any reason not to just take him at his word.  Jensen doesn't really give off a sad vibe to me, but considering I don't know him at all, I suppose anything's possible.  I'm going to go with tired and awestruck.

Oh, sure.  I definitely don't think he's lying.  Why would he?  But, since everyone was saying what the pic looked like to them, I thought I would jump in with my impression.

46 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Oh, sure.  I definitely don't think he's lying.  Why would he?  But, since everyone was saying what the pic looked like to them, I thought I would jump in with my impression.

I get it, and I agree that it's not your normal pic.  Certainly not your normal selfie, if that's what it is.  You have to give them credit.  They can keep us speculating over the slightest thing, even after 13 years.  

• Love 1
On 2/19/2018 at 4:05 PM, catrox14 said:

I mean they are all basically throwing people around with knives attached to their feet.

Interesting tidbit, after the 2010 Olympics, Evan Bates had his Achilles' tendon severed by his partner's skate blade in a practice session. Soon after, they ended their partnership. 

38 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

Interesting tidbit, after the 2010 Olympics, Evan Bates had his Achilles' tendon severed by his partner's skate blade in a practice session. Soon after, they ended their partnership. 

Yeesh! That's horrible!

2 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

If they put the contents of that room up for auction, I wonder how much someone would pay for it. 

Better yet, after the show is over, put all the items up for individual auction with profits going to various charities! They'd make a fortune. :)

• Love 2

Jensen is apparently singing this weekend.  I have my fingers crossed that he's rehearsed something new.  I guess this should be in the unpopular opinion thread, but I'm not keen on whipping post.  He does a fantastic job and rocks out like no other, but I just don't like the song much.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Jensen is apparently singing this weekend.  I have my fingers crossed that he's rehearsed something new.  I guess this should be in the unpopular opinion thread, but I'm not keen on whipping post.  He does a fantastic job and rocks out like no other, but I just don't like the song much.

I agree...it's not one of my favorites, though he does a good job.  I like his rendition of "Brother", but I wouldn't mind at all if he did something new.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Full vid. He is having a blast! And may I also add those are some FINE jeans he's wearing. Yowza.

That was Amazing. So Good. He was just so into it. Loved that. So much.

And yes ITA that he looks Fine, Fine, FINE!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

Thanks to whoever recorded but I hope we get a clearer version.  Jensen looks fantastic.  Good Grief Charlie Brown - this man never ages.

I  appreciate those who give us these little tastes so quickly though. Bless them!

Here is complete vid of both songs, nice and clear.

• Love 2

I think they do Whipping Post a lot because it isn't just about Jensen singing. It's heavy on the guitar and drums for Dick and Louden Swain. It's a good song for the whole band IMO

On 2/23/2018 at 8:28 AM, Pondlass1 said:

28 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I  appreciate those who give us these little tastes so quickly though. Bless them!

Here is complete vid of both songs, nice and clear.

HOLY SHIT. That Whipping Post rendition was awesome. Goddammit, Jensen. You're gonna be the death of me. But what a way to go.

• Love 2

@catrox14 it's true, they do Whipping Post even when Jensen is not singing with them. It's a great guitar showcase.

That was also my big takeaway from the Dead Or Alive performance - he looks downright giddy to be on the stage with Corey. Makes me wonder if he would've actually exploded had he taken up Kansas's invitation to join them on stage at ComicCon. LOL!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

@catrox14 it's true, they do Whipping Post even when Jensen is not singing with them. It's a great guitar showcase.

That was also my big takeaway from the Dead Or Alive performance - he looks downright giddy to be on the stage with Corey. Makes me wonder if he would've actually exploded had he taken up Kansas's invitation to join them on stage at ComicCon. LOL!

I just watched the whole performance and cannot wait to watch again and again. This has to be one of his best performances ever and largely because of the bolded part.

And Whipping Post has always been my favorite song that Jensen performs with the band because, yes, everyone shines in it IMO, too. And it probably helps that I have been a huge Allman Bros fan from my teenage years and always dreamed of Jensen covering this song.

Back to re-watching all of the vids now... ;-D

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

And Whipping Post has always been my favorite song that Jensen performs with the band because, yes, everyone shines in it IMO, too. And it probably helps that I have been a huge Allman Bros fan from my teenage years and always dreamed of Jensen covering this song.

Back to re-watching all of the vids now... ;-D

I wonder if Dean dreamed of jamming this song on the stage with another rock star like this when he was belting it out in the Impala on long, lonely drives?

• Love 2

I noticed the actor who plays Asmodeus left the  stage before Jensen sang.  Did he play an instrument or something? He looked pretty cool, I wish wardrobe dressed him more like this than like the Chicken Colonel.

I love Jensen's Texas accent... "Ain't you a demon?"

21 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I noticed the actor who plays Asmodeus left the  stage before Jensen sang.  Did he play an instrument or something? He looked pretty cool, I wish wardrobe dressed him more like this than like the Chicken Colonel.

I love Jensen's Texas accent... "Ain't you a demon?"

I think he played some sort of bongo drum off to the side? 

• Love 1