Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Agreed! I think “heartless” is twisting Lua’s “have a heart” and making it sound more insulting than what she said. While the “take his pills” was said by someone else entirely and not her fault.  He’s also chosen to turn it into a conspiracy theory where no one can have legitimate reasons for criticising Jared’s brash action because if they do they are a part of a secret group with the mission to get Jared fired.

@catrox14 I thought to say earlier, but I highly doubt Shatner and Misha are friends since he claims he’s all about defending friends and half the people he’s chosen to respond to are open Misha haters.  

Holy cripes. He actually thinks any faction of fans could get Jared fired? LOL WHAT? Jared is number one on the call sheet. He plays the main protagonist of the show. Surely he's trolling on this point. Surely. He can't be that stupid.

Jared didn't get fired for posting a picture of a service worker, he's not going to be fired over this. Jared's penalty will be in the court of public opinion and even that will be mixed results.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Holy cripes. He actually thinks any faction of fans could get Jared fired? LOL WHAT? Jared is number one on the call sheet. He plays the main protagonist of the show. Surely he's trolling on this point. Surely. He can't be that stupid.

Jared didn't get fired for posting a picture of a service worker, he's not going to be fired over this. Jared's penalty will be in the court of public opinion and even that will be mixed results.

Sorry, I mustn’t  have worded it right. I don’t think he expects fans to actually have the power to get Jared fired. He just thinks they’re twisting the situation to /try/ and get him fired. Basically he thinks the fans complaining have an agenda he disagrees with and wants to call them out on it even if their so called efforts are futile. 

• Love 1

Shatner is 80+ years old and he is completely obsessed with fandom(s). I follow him but had to mute him a while back because of exactly this kind of nonsense over shipping wars with Once Upon a Time fans. He's incorrigible and relentless, like a dog with a bone once he is engaged.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Sorry, I mustn’t  have worded it right. I don’t think he expects fans to actually have the power to get Jared fired. He just thinks they’re twisting the situation to /try/ and get him fired. Basically he thinks the fans complaining have an agenda he disagrees with and wants to call them out on it even if their so called efforts are futile. 

I gotcha.

Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

Shatner is 80+ years old and he is completely obsessed with fandom(s). I follow him but had to mute him a while back because of exactly this kind of nonsense over shipping wars with Once Upon a Time fans. He's incorrigible and relentless, like a dog with a bone once he is engaged.

That's why I think he trolls. I think he gets a buzz out of fucking with fandoms.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Was this to do with Swan Queen by any chance? I watch Once Upon a Time, but I don’t follow the fandom carefully. I do remember there being some SQ related drama a while back though. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Was this to do with Swan Queen by any chance? I watch Once Upon a Time, but I don’t follow the fandom carefully. I do remember there being some SQ related drama a while back though. 

I believe it was, though I don't know the details. I muted him pretty quickly.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, he got into a dust up with some Outlander fans awhile back too. It seems to me he's a huge troll and likes to stir the pot. Which can be fun or can be annoying depending on the situation, but it is hard for me to take anything he says seriously.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yeah, he got into a dust up with some Outlander fans awhile back too. It seems to me he's a huge troll and likes to stir the pot. Which can be fun or can be annoying depending on the situation, but it is hard for me to take anything he says seriously.

You may not take it seriously but there are fans that do and will follow his lead to go after another fan. Even if someone is a super fan they do not have the power of celebrity. Pellegrino is also jumping in on that train and he is ON the show and that makes it worse, IMO. 

Like why can't Shatner and Pellegrino stay out of it and just let fans duke it out amongst themselves.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

You may not take it seriously but there are fans that do and will follow his lead to go after another fan. Even if someone is a super fan they do not have the power of celebrity.

Right??? I was only speaking for myself and not suggesting anything to the contrary.

11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Here is Pellegrino's participation.

Wow. My opinion of Mark P just took a nosedive. Douche move, that. The irony of Jared "Be Kind Always" champion against cyberbullying Padalecki being at the center of all this seems to be lost on all involved.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Wow. My opinion of Mark P just took a nosedive. Douche move, that. The irony of Jared "Be Kind Always" champion against cyberbullying Padalecki being at the center of all this seems to be lost on all involved.

To be fair Jared can only be blamed for the original tweet, which he quickly took down. He can be partially blamed for any fans who may have chosen to harass the worker Jared named on Jared’s behalf. 

However, he can’t be blamed for the decision of Shatner to bring himself into things and escalate the situation dramatically by starting to bully someone who criticised Jared’s actions. Jared’s original tweet certainly didn’t suggest Shatner should do that. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

To be fair Jared can only be blamed for the original tweet, which he quickly took down. He can be partially blamed for any fans who may have chosen to harass the worker Jared named on Jared’s behalf. 

However, he can’t be blamed for the decision of Shatner to bring himself into things and escalate the situation dramatically by starting to bully someone who criticised Jared’s actions. Jared’s original tweet certainly didn’t suggest Shatner should do that. 

I agree - just saying that maybe these people leaping to his defense should consider how they are doing it, since they are doing it on his behalf. And honestly, I don't expect Jared to respond publicly, but I would hope he'd contact his friends behind the scenes and tell them to knock it off. Imagine if this kind of thing were trotted out when he or Gen are receiving their next humanitarian award.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Right??? I was only speaking for myself and not suggesting anything to the contrary.

I got that. I was just adding on to the discussion. Not saying you were speaking for anyone else.

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I agree - just saying that maybe these people leaping to his defense should consider how they are doing it, since they are doing it on his behalf. And honestly, I don't expect Jared to respond publicly, but I would hope he'd contact his friends behind the scenes and tell them to knock it off. Imagine if this kind of thing were trotted out when he or Gen are receiving their next humanitarian award.

Agreed! If he and Shatner are as great friends as Shatner claims then I too hope Jared tells him to knock it off behind the scenes :)

• Love 2

I ordered my magazines via phone today - being in Canada, I had to call in to do it. Samantha Highfill tweeted the number (not toll free, btw o_O) for international orders, as the website won't take Canadian addresses/credit cards. It must be a call center for whoever publishes EW, because I had to tell her which publication I was calling for. As soon as I said EW, she chuckled (kindly) and said, oh, I know just what you are going to ask for. We had a nice chat (she's a Dean girl :))) and she said they were getting slammed with calls. I love it, considering this is for international only. Just FYI if anyone is not aware, you can order  (online or by phone) any of the four covers individually, or order as a complete set. Pretty good way to go if you're not in a hurry or don't have a Barnes & Noble nearby.

• Love 4

From Jim Beaver's Facebook:

Yesterday at 12:53am · 

My pages are afloat in a flood of "Me, toos" from women I know and love and respect and also from those I barely know or have only tiny connections to. My heart hurts to know so many have suffered from the actions of sexual predators.

As a young Marine, I was repeatedly molested by a high-ranking officer, a Navy doctor who used his position at first to fool a naïve teenager into believing what was happening was standard procedure, and then later to attempt to force through the weight of the doctor's high rank a more substantial relationship. I managed to break free of the situation without undue hardship or repercussion, but I often wonder what would have become of me had I found it necessary to report him. Would I have been believed? Would my military prospects have suffered? Would I have found myself in danger? All these questions came to me afterward, because I was fortunate enough to escape the situation without having to put my enlisted-man word up against that of an admiral.

I see women all over the internet posting their "Me, toos." I recognize these statements not as claims of victimhood but as clarions of solidarity, as posted notice that this shall not stand, as words representing arms-about-the-shoulders of these women's comrades in this newly-invigorated fight against an old enemy. I salute all who have experienced these ordeals and who stand prepared to fight so that not just this battle but this war ends now.

As a man, I personally cannot, despite my own experience, quite bring myself to join in with a "Me, too," even though I see some men doing so. I respect and support any man who has been sexually misused or sexually bullied. But what seems to have taken the world, at long last, by storm in the past few days is most prominently an issue for women, because while many men have been victimized in such manner, the painful truth is that we live in a world where women are *expected* to put up with such things, where it is so commonplace that we managed to elect a president who brags about such behavior. (The clear likelihood is that had the current occupant of the White House been caught bragging to a TV reporter about molesting men, he would never have become president. But since it was just women, well, boys will be boys.)

Well, this boy says the men and boys I know and trust and look up to are better than that, and we will join in calling out the curs among us who think "boys will be boys" is acceptable behavior.

And so, since I'm not comfortable taking on what seems most appropriately a rallying cry for women standing up against a repugnant status quo, I won't say, "Me, too."

I'll say, "I believe you."

Jim

• Love 15

It all started years ago with several complaints about airlines. Fans retweeted and the airlines picked up on it and in some instances Jared's beef was addressed almost immediately.  It's escalated since then with naming names and actually taking and posting photos.  One such instance occurred in Vegas with convention fans still milling about. That could have turned nasty.  The angry tweet is usually taken down within a short time period with zero explanation.  If the likes of George Clooney did this it would be all over Entertainment Tonight.

I know he attends therapy but is anyone counselling Jared in this regard?  That's the odd thing.  He's done this time and time again - never seeming to learn.  I think it's time for Jared to rescind his twitter account. Gen can post pics of the kids, Jensen can post pics of their nights out.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I know he attends therapy but is anyone counselling Jared in this regard?  That's the odd thing.  He's done this time and time again - never seeming to learn.  I think it's time for Jared to rescind his twitter account. Gen can post pics of the kids, Jensen can post pics of their nights out.

It seems inappropriate for fans to be questioning whether he receives counseling for this or comment on his therapy. It makes me very uncomfortable that people have taken the conversation in that direction.

As for deleting his Twitter account, the whole cast has done a lot of good raising money for important causes using social media. I’d hate for that to stop.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

It seems inappropriate for fans to be questioning whether he receives counseling for this or comment on his therapy. It makes me very uncomfortable that people have taken the conversation in that direction.

Yes. That's one reason people are hesitant to share their depression or bipolar or whatever with the public (or with people they work with). Everything they do is seen through the prism of their illness, and everyone has advice.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, auntvi said:

Everything they do is seen through the prism of their illness,

This is sadly true.  But we are making leaps forward in terms of understanding and accepting and being open in terms of mental conditions.  We still have a long way to go, though.

• Love 1

I agree that we shouldn't go there, since none of us is privy to that information (and rightly so).  I'm going to assume, since the tweet was deleted pretty quickly, that either Jared reconsidered what he said, or someone told him to take it down.  All it would take is for one over-zealous fan to go a bit too far in their harassment of one of these people Jared calls out, and things could go really badly for him.  

I know these guys get all sorts of whacked out responses and comments to every post they make on social media.  I know their families are also subjected to some really over-the-top, nasty stuff.  They know how this works, so why would you sic those people on some non-celebrity?  It's just wrong.  I in no way think it's a calculated thing on Jared's part, I think it's just a heat-of-the-moment reaction, but he needs to find a better way to release his frustration.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, auntvi said:

Yes. That's one reason people are hesitant to share their depression or bipolar or whatever with the public (or with people they work with). Everything they do is seen through the prism of their illness, and everyone has advice.

The problem then is, if you don't have the excuse that it's an illness, it makes it seem as if Jared himself is doing these things on his own, which reflects on his personal character.  At least if you know there's a reason for bad behavior, you might be a little more forgiving.  (As someone with major anxiety issues that often affect my behavior, I'd rather people know so they won't judge me unfairly and might give me a little leeway when I back out of an engagement at the last second or start hyperventilating in public.) 

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Whoa!!!  Any guesses on what it is? Family Business? Kids names?

What a stinkin' minute. Didn't Jensen say he would never get any tats until the show was over??

I'm kind of nervous about this.

Also, I'm just staring at his shoulder. L

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ahrtee said:

The problem then is, if you don't have the excuse that it's an illness, it makes it seem as if Jared himself is doing these things on his own, which reflects on his personal character.  At least if you know there's a reason for bad behavior, you might be a little more forgiving.  (As someone with major anxiety issues that often affect my behavior, I'd rather people know so they won't judge me unfairly and might give me a little leeway when I back out of an engagement at the last second or start hyperventilating in public.) 

Honestly I think that Jared sometimes thinks he is just a regular person like everyone else.  I think because they are insulated in VC and in Austin and they are not very well known celebrities he doesn't think he is any different than anyone else until someone (probably Gen, publicist, Jensen or whoever) points it out to him.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 2

Legit LOL at this cause it's so true

deans-top-13-zepp-traxx

October 18th 2017, 8:37:36 pm · in a few seconds

Me: Wow what a nice little night on Tumblr. Everything’s so calm and look at this beautiful post abou-

Jensen Ross Ackles: Hey guys, I did a thing.

Tumblr:

tumblr_inline_oy1wqnASrb1uag76v_500.gif

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Part of me thinks the tattoo is a ruse and it's for the show. He has a black eye in the pic so in makeup. Maybe Dean gets an angel tattoo for Cas?

I don't think so. Jensen doesn't really taunt the fans like that. I am so curious to see the final product - I hope he shares! I saw spec that it was to do with Zeppelin (the wing), Plausible, if we only saw the beginnings of it. Someone else also pointed out the flask on the tray table. LOL! Yeah, I'd need a shot or twenty two to go through with that, too.

• Love 1

Somebody on Twitter pointed out:

tatt.JPG

10 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Legit LOL at this cause it's so true

The boy does have a knack for changing the conversation ;)

Anyone taking bets on how long before Jared gets one now? :P

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, scribe95 said:

Part of me thinks the tattoo is a ruse and it's for the show. He has a black eye in the pic so in makeup. Maybe Dean gets an angel tattoo for Cas?

I thought that too at first, but if it were just for the show the makeup artists would have just painted one on (like the antipossession tats).  But maybe the show wanted one for him and he decided he liked it enough to make it permanent.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I thought that too at first, but if it were just for the show the makeup artists would have just painted one on (like the antipossession tats).  But maybe the show wanted one for him and he decided he liked it enough to make it permanent.

I'll be more than surprised if it's anything show related. I know what he's said about not getting any tattoos while the show is running, but I'm guessing he knows a) realistically, it will be over sooner rather than later (relatively speaking), and b) it's high enough up on his arm that it won't be seen except with very short sleeve tees, which we rarely see "Dean" in anyway. For those few times, the makeup artists can cover it up.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll be more than surprised if it's anything show related. I know what he's said about not getting any tattoos while the show is running, but I'm guessing he knows a) realistically, it will be over sooner rather than later (relatively speaking), and b) it's high enough up on his arm that it won't be seen except with very short sleeve tees, which we rarely see "Dean" in anyway. For those few times, the makeup artists can cover it up.

I could see Jensen doing it on his own (he's turning 40 in March, and maybe wants to get one before hitting the milestone).  But it doesn't seem logical to get it in the middle of shooting, because it'll take some time to heal and need extra care (and I imagine being covered in makeup wouldn't help that)  so I don't know why he wouldn't wait till he gets back to Texas.  Are they going into a shooting break now?  

8 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I could see Jensen doing it on his own (he's turning 40 in March, and maybe wants to get one before hitting the milestone).  But it doesn't seem logical to get it in the middle of shooting, because it'll take some time to heal and need extra care (and I imagine being covered in makeup wouldn't help that)  so I don't know why he wouldn't wait till he gets back to Texas.  Are they going into a shooting break now?  

I don't know about the break, but maybe 'lite' shooting? since I believe they are filming the WS backdoor ep now, which is the two-part mid-season finale, right? But when is the last time we saw Dean bare-chested, or even his upper arms? So I doubt they'd need to cover it up right away, and I imagine he cleared it with TPTB first to see if there were any upcoming scenes that it might interfere with, in any case. (I'm really resisting the urge to be sarcastic about how they leave him out of the action these days anyway here :)).

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

They are filming 9 and 10 so he must there for those. Unless this wasn't done yesterday but sometime prior and it's just being put out there now.

Show related tat spec based on spoilers.

Spoiler

Speculation: Dean goes to the AU to save Mary and that's a tat  avoid being possessed by AU!Michael? But Jensen likes well it well enough to keep the tat for personal reasons post show?