Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, SueB said:

So being on the official @CWSPN twitter does or does not factor into this?

I don't see your point? The official SPN twitter tweets all kinds of things that have little resemblance to SPN at all. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

DEADLINE article about scheduling changes across the tv board.

Specific to Supernatural:

Supernatural, which shoots in Vancouver, had filmed through Episode 18 when production was suspended but the show for many years has been using a Vancouver postproduction/VFX company that has shut down during the pandemic. “Our visual effects and sound departments have closed because of the outbreak. So, right now, the episodes can’t be finished,” Dabb said, assuring fans that the remaining episodes will be produced. “It’s not a matter of ‘if’, it’s a matter of ‘when’,” he wrote.

The early exit this season allows the CW to have a meaningful final chapter of Supernatural consisting of 7 episodes, which is normal-size cable/streaming season. That is easier to schedule, market and consume than 2 leftover episodes.

Very much what some of us have been speculating on. As to when the 7 episodes air, that's dependent upon when studios and sets get back up and running.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

DEADLINE article about scheduling changes across the tv board.

Specific to Supernatural:

Very much what some of us have been speculating on. As to when the 7 episodes air, that's dependent upon when studios and sets get back up and running.

And hey... PRECISELY what Misha was saying.

I'd also add the following paragraph from the article:

The CW has become the first network to make primetime scheduling changes in response to the seasons of most of its series getting cut short by the coronavirus-imposed mass production shutdowns.

So... it seems highly unlikely Misha was just posting speculation.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Misha also posted and then deleted a photo that said it might be the last time they (J2 and Alex) ever filmed together. There can be no definitive statements right now - things are too volatile. It's good to be positive if it makes you feel better, but there are no guarantees.

I get you--but i'd submit Misha's early tweet was updated by Misha himself, Dabb and the CW--so i'll feel confident about it in an objective sense not to make myself feel better.  That said if things go much worse than expected of course that can change--it getting that bad I think objectively is very unlikely...but yes not impossible.

• Love 4

But they are talking about the 18 episodes already filmed and only needing post-production. Once again, I believe that they are earnest about their intentions to film the final two episodes as they would have been without this interruption, but I don't believe anyone can offer a guarantee of that happening, unless they have already negotiated and signed deals with all involved. We'll see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

ETA: I do believe WB will do everything possible to make it happen if for no other reason than future syndication and DVD sales. A series without an ending is going to be a hard sell. But if they can't  produce those final two, I imagine we will get some kind of cobbled together ending from what they already filmed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But they are talking about the 18 episodes already filmed and only needing post-production. Once again, I believe that they are earnest about their intentions to film the final two episodes as they would have been without this interruption, but I don't believe anyone can offer a guarantee of that happening, unless they have already negotiated and signed deals with all involved. We'll see.

I suspect they added a contract addendum already for the main cast.  Why wouldn't they step out quickly on this?  Seems more likely they would secure the cast first (including Misha, hence he made a comment he feels he can back) and THAT's why they can announce a plan.  Traditionally that's how they've sequenced thing: rough agreement b/w CW & WB, secure cast, announcement by CW.  It may have caveats in the clauses like:
- assumes production in Vancouver can start by 1 Sept (just a ballpark guess) 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SueB said:

I suspect they added a contract addendum already for the main cast.  Why wouldn't they step out quickly on this?  Seems more likely they would secure the cast first (including Misha, hence he made a comment he feels he can back) and THAT's why they can announce a plan.  Traditionally that's how they've sequenced thing: rough agreement b/w CW & WB, secure cast, announcement by CW.  It may have caveats in the clauses like:
- assumes production in Vancouver can start by 1 Sept (just a ballpark guess) 

Because things evolved so quickly. I would guess that most of the crew already secured work for post-SPN, and signed contracts, etc. We know Jared has Walker. I have to believe Jensen has something. All things that happened before the unprecedented happenings that are occurring now. I have no idea about Misha, but nothing has been made public AFAIK.  Honestly, even if Jared or Jensen came out right now and said it was their intention to finish filming, I wouldn't stake my life on it happening. I don't think anyone is in a position to speak unequivocally right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

A few  shows have promised wrap ups or even just extra movies for fans that have never come together even when they've been written and many actors were on board because it's insanely difficult to schedule everything when it is no longer the actors (and others) first or only priority.

Especially with Walker already going to be demanding the lion's share of Jared's attention and possibly scrambling to get the series together for an October 2020 (or mid season 2021) release date after all this. 

I sincerely believe everyone involved wants this show to have a proper ending rather than just ep 18 and will work extremely to try and make that happen, but even with the best will in the world it might not happen, especially with so much on going uncertainty over everything. 

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I'm glad he's fine. Both he and Danneel were in NO for Mardi Gras, and that city has been taken by storm with the Covid19 virus since then.

I've been thinking about that, too. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

A few articles out say CW has pushed the final 7 episodes to the fall for one last burst and a true finale. Sounds good. Better than spreading them out. 

Much as I hate Dabb, and I do, the guys deserve this.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

O/T but pertinent to the discussion. If you think SPN not getting its finale can't happen, I wouldn't mention it to fans of Empire. Empire Final Season to End Early, Proper Series Finale Scrapped.

Disclaimer: I don't watch the show so I don't know if there are any spoilers in that article from TV Line.

Yeah, it doesn't say exactly why this is happening - other than the world has gone to shit. But the usual reasons this might happen would be the inability to extend contracts for actors/showrunners/writers, and sets needing to be broken down by a certain time for another series that is taking over that space.

However, right now every shooting project is massively delayed, so it's not like there are other jobs to go to anytime soon.

But maybe despite that the feeling in the industry is that new projects aren't going to wait around once the greenlight is given, and that they will take precedence after all. Therefore the actors/showrunners/writers, etc., want to/have to be available to those other projects even if there is some delay after things open back up.

We'll have to see if Empire's action becomes a domino effect across the board. If it does, then the likelihood of SPN being able to shoot the final two episodes is no longer guaranteed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

O/T but pertinent to the discussion. If you think SPN not getting its finale can't happen, I wouldn't mention it to fans of Empire. Empire Final Season to End Early, Proper Series Finale Scrapped.

Disclaimer: I don't watch the show so I don't know if there are any spoilers in that article from TV Line.

I think Pedowitz and the CW is showing SPN much more respect and patience.  Anything can happen but I think it's 95% we get the ending--probably higher.  SPN got a commitment and they can wait(the CW seems intent on rewarding 15 years and already signaled they will wait)...the actors can't do other work until this virus thing settles anyway, I bet anything the main guys will be more than willing and they just need about 16 days of filming.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

Yeah, it doesn't say exactly why this is happening - other than the world has gone to shit. But the usual reasons this might happen would be the inability to extend contracts for actors/showrunners/writers, and sets needing to be broken down by a certain time for another series that is taking over that space.

However, right now every shooting project is massively delayed, so it's not like there are other jobs to go to anytime soon.

But maybe despite that the feeling in the industry is that new projects aren't going to wait around once the greenlight is given, and that they will take precedence after all. Therefore the actors/showrunners/writers, etc., want to/have to be available to those other projects even if there is some delay after things open back up.

We'll have to see if Empire's action becomes a domino effect across the board. If it does, then the likelihood of SPN being able to shoot the final two episodes is no longer guaranteed.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Worse case scenario is they will do a movie down the line. I think the finale airing this year is a little optimistic unless they plan to film it in someone’s garage. There is a double whammy for shows filming in Canada. Both countries have to be open and the boarder closing lifted. When it starts to look like this mess is over, the WB and CW are going to have to do a massive damage assessment and decide where to distribute resources.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

With the way things are going right now, traditional fall Season is probably shot for this year for all networks. So it`s possible little to nothing of new content will air this year. Other than shows/Seasons that are already completed. I mean, say they could resume shooting in September and would have the first things ready for December, why bother? Everything may be relegated to next year anyway. And by then, yes, it is a question of resources. Studios and networks will have monumental losses.  

• Useful 2

Honestly I can't see any television or movie production moving forward until there is an effective vaccine.  I can't imagine anyone cast or crew taking the chance that they might get sick or take a deadly illness back home to their families.  So we are talking next spring at the earliest...at least in my opinion.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Honestly I can't see any television or movie production moving forward until there is an effective vaccine.  I can't imagine anyone cast or crew taking the chance that they might get sick or take a deadly illness back home to their families.  So we are talking next spring at the earliest...at least in my opinion.

Experts aren't envisioning a vaccine within the mext 18 months, though, best case scenario. I can't see the entertainment industry (or any industry) holding our forvthat long. Economies would collapse. Though admittedly small-scale TV productions are likely a low priority on those totem poles.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

The big thing will be insurance. If they won’t cover, no one is going to risk shooting.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Experts aren't envisioning a vaccine within the mext 18 months, though, best case scenario. I can't see the entertainment industry (or any industry) holding our forvthat long. Economies would collapse. Though admittedly small-scale TV productions are likely a low priority on those totem poles.

That may be true but I can't see studio's or networks forcing people back to work if there isn't a way to keep everyone safe.  Social distancing is going to be impossible on set.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Well this is interesting.  A spinoff that might work?

https://screenrant.com/supernatural-prequel-show-young-winchesters-after-final-season/

For a hot second I was excited about Supernatural for the first time in years. But it only lasted until I realized the date and read the article. Alas, april’s Fool. It was nice feeling something other than dread regarding Supernatural. Almost forgot how that feels.

1 minute ago, Lastcall said:

For a hot second I was excited about Supernatural for the first time in years. But it only lasted until I realized the date and read the article. Alas, april’s Fool. It was nice feeling something other than dread regarding Supernatural. Almost forgot how that feels.

I was horrified at first because I remembered the Dabb comic of doom. Then I was relieved.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

If this isn't the best, most appropriate typo EVER!

The writers of this article gave as much attention to Dabb as he gives to Supernatural.

(One wonders if it was deliberate...)

...unless this was an April's Fool's article, I can't go back and check because apparently I've reached the limit of free articles. Which was one. *eyeroll*

Screenshot_20200404-084813.png

Edited by juppschmitz
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I love the care and concern in his eyes that he just can't help showing.

I remember when they first got Icarus.

Danneel brought him home, but Jensen was always his favorite.

Hard to believe that it's been 14 years, but there you have it. 💖

• Love 6

Jared Padalecki ✔ @jarpad

One of us plays a hero and one of us is a hero. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for holding the line

I am surprised that Jensen didn't respond to this tweet as both Misha and Jared did - also no response to Misha's challenge above "feed etc" which again Jared did respond. Unlike Jensen to not respond, maybe he will in his own time or do it more privately.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Jared Padalecki ✔ @jarpad

One of us plays a hero and one of us is a hero. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for holding the line

I am surprised that Jensen didn't respond to this tweet as both Misha and Jared did - also no response to Misha's challenge above "feed etc" which again Jared did respond. Unlike Jensen to not respond, maybe he will in his own time or do it more privately.

Its possible he hasn't seen it yet, or donated and just didn't bother to post.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Article about the end of SPN in the Austin Chronicle.  Curiously, it says Jared already shot the pilot for Walker?  When??

With the show on hiatus, the future of the Winchester brothers remains a mystery, even if the two Austin-based actors have a clearer view of their futures. Padalecki has already shot the pilot for his next series, Walker (a reboot of Walker: Texas Ranger) while Ackles has his other passion, running the Family Business Beer Company in nearby Dripping Springs.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/screens/2020-04-03/killing-demons-and-blasting-sabbath-15-years-of-supernatural/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That can't be right. They were still announcing casting. Lindsay Morgan was filmimg the 100, Jared was filming SPN. Sure, he had time off but you don't film the Pilot with like 10 minutes of the lead. He was supposed to go film right after SPN wrapped. I think someone got bad info there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm pretty certain that's incorrect. Walker hasn't been listed in any of the production updates as a pilot that was fully or even partially shot. Nor have we seen any "lets do this!" stuff you see appearing on SM from the cast and crew when filming gets underway. They were just assuming because it's normally pilot season right now and it's been picked up to series. 

And yeah, there's no way they shoot a pilot without the main character in 80-90% of scenes at least. Especially because he's the big reason it got picked up in the first place and they were only going to shoot a "pilot" anyway to see what worked and what didn't before filming proper got underway in July.

• Useful 1