Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E30: Senior Week

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Is Claire even cool anymore? I find her grating and not able to understand empathy.. unless it’s for herself. See the last episode.

Was just thinking the same thing . I'm watching the one where donna has a stalker and Claire is such a bitch about it . She's like stop overreacting , don . As if Donna didn't almost get raped the year before . 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Flamingo said:

"22 year olds aren't supposed to miscarry." My God, Kelly. How stupid can you be?

I KNOW. I feel like anyone who gets a positive pregnancy test and then "gets their period" would also be like "um something's wrong." Endometriosis is also super painful (it's why Marilyn Monroe was addicted to pain pills) and intense, yet she's waiting for her period in white pajamas like she's not about to The Shining elevator everywhere.

This might explain why she's always such a bitch, though. 

• Love 3

Also co-signing our lovely podcasters with the fact that kelly and Brandon are having talks about starting a family when they’re 22. (And been back together for like a month). Granted the actors aren’t 22 and sound the age they are but in this show they are 22. 

And yes it would be a shock at any age to hear the news you have trouble having kids but I don’t know.. I don’t think in real life it would so much of an issue right now. Seriously there were times during the clips on the podcast, I forgot how old the characters were. These people need to slow their rolls on this talk. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yea the way this show goes on , not sure how they're ONLY 22. Feels like they should be 35 by now 

They really do feel like they're much older and they've been acting like boring adults for quite a while now.

14 hours ago, benteen said:

They really do feel like they're much older and they've been acting like boring adults for quite a while now.

It's interesting, because when the the show started, part of the novelty was the living fast, growing up too soon aspect of teens dealing with life as adults was a big part of the identity of the show. Now that they ARE adults, it's a total snoozefest to listen to them grappling with their problems. 

Writer of night time soap aimed at teens and young adults: "What if--stick with me here--we had Kelly grapple with ...infertility!"

• Love 2

So many thoughts... 

1. As mentioned, it's messed up AF to have a pregnant woman talking about her baby dying.  What is wrong with people? 

2. The "I can't give you a family" sounds so... weird... like she's somehow broken as a "barren" woman.  BARF! Realistically you spend most of your 20s hoping NOT to get pregnant.  And isn't there some line where Kelly says they will be "double" protected with being on the pill AND using condoms.  Seriously?!  Does anyone actually do that?  Although I do remember her grabbing condoms in hs when she and Dylan hooked up.  I'm surprised Jackie didn't put her on an IUD or Depo shot. 

3. These people have never EVER acted their age.  They wear suits to school! 

4. Donna! I can't wait until we get to see her "fashion" and mush mouth Noah.

5. Why is it the older I get the more I FLOVE Rush (minus the infidelity/adopting your own baby thing)?  He is quick to tell Steve he's an ass and I agree.  Rush got Steve out of serving any real time for the fire debacle and has paid for the entirety of Steve's college.  What an ungrateful brat! 

6. cashier's checks... is that basically full on cash? 

• Love 1

You guys, I think CU might be a not very good school.

You mean because students can just walk out of the final exam (for no reason!) and get a total do over if they complain enough? 

5. Why is it the older I get the more I FLOVE Rush (minus the infidelity/adopting your own baby thing)?  He is quick to tell Steve he's an ass and I agree.  Rush got Steve out of serving any real time for the fire debacle and has paid for the entirety of Steve's college.  What an ungrateful brat! 

Steve is a brat, but I do feel just a little bad for him because the entire thing is framed as Rush throwing all this at Steve right when he is graduating.  It seems like this is the kind of thing you tell your kid when they start college, not at graduation. 

• Love 3

The only way who acts somewhat believable as a college student and Not in a good way is Donna. She really does act like a rich spoiled little college girl. And that’s not a compliment.

The rest.. kelly for sure does not in this episode. Like I said any 22 year old would be shocked if they were told they were probably going to have trouble to have kids in the future but two days ago in this show, kelly was scared to have kids, her response would haven’t shock but not something dire that she needs to think about or even discuss. Also yes.. her relationship with Brandon is new(again) so thinking it’ll be a long haul thing is jumping the gun. And yes.. let’s not go into the money thing because that’s an issue these people won’t have to worry about and opens up other possibilities. But also also.. again two days in this show kelly was terrified of being a mother at this second. Seriously cross that bridge when she’s a few years older, not today. 

Also CU never seemed like a good school. They were always on vacations and going on boat trips and ski trips and camping trips and what have you.. or joining cults and going on Coke benders, it’s like when was schooling actually happening?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Side note/complaint about the Rush-as-biodad retcon: in the Steve Takes a Greyhound to Albuquerque Christmas, his (never to be seen again) bio grandpa says Karen was in high school when she got knocked up. Per the Rush golf cheating snoozefest from season 4, Rush is 35 or 36 years older than Steve (he's 54 and this is near the end of freshman year so Steve is 18, 19 tops).

So a mid-30s Rush got a high school girl pregnant, and nothing whatsoever is made of this? Shut up, writers of the past. This show is turning me into the Comic Book Store Guy of Spelling dramas; luckily it'll all be over for me next week when I die from barfing because of Donna and David finally Doing It. 

Edited by Molly Cule
  • Love 4

So a mid-30s Rush got a high school girl pregnant, and nothing whatsoever is made of this?

Well, considering Steve would have been born in the mid-1970s, I can see that happening at the time.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

Well, considering Steve would have been born in the mid-1970s, I can see that happening at the time.

Fair. It still smacks of retcon-itis to me, like the Steve/Kelly thing at the beach club reunion, rather than a conscious choice. But that's season 7 in a tiny little nutshell. Bleh.

3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why is Donna so offended and scared that David asked her to move in with him .. didn't they live together freshman year of college ? 

Yup. But considering that the seasons exist in some sort of longest years ever, how should the writers remember that?  I barley remember anything that happened in these podcasts/seasons that happened at this point.

I have to ask is the next season just as long? And seriously how the hell did they get away with this? It’s not even like I notice if someone is missing from an episode? Like on certain shows today I can always notice if they give a cast member off because they don’t appear in an episode but on this show in every episode the characters are always around. Sometimes it seems like TAT is missing but a lot of times it’s jusy because they have to cut a scene because music rights and she was at the AfterDark, otherwise it seems everyone is around for the most part. Seriously.. how did they get away with this? This type of schedule would never work in today’s tv age. 

Let's see, CU: admits Russians who don't speak English, puts freshmen on "task forces", casts freshman in the lead roles of school plays, jeopardizes the health of their football players, has professors who head cults, has professors who make up grades for old students to back plagiarism charges, constant vacations, what else?

• Love 2
On 12/14/2017 at 10:04 AM, Tara Ariano said:

yeeeeeeeeeeeees. Season 9 is down to 26; Season 10 is 27.

OMG, if y'all make it through, I feel like there should be a Tara and Sarah episode of "I Survived."

• Love 4

LOL.  I give Tara and Sarah a lot of credit for making it this far.  I wouldn't blamed them if they went "no mas" with the final three seasons of the show and the post-college years.  That's not exactly enthralling territory there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, benteen said:

LOL.  I give Tara and Sarah a lot of credit for making it this far.  I wouldn't blamed them if they went "no mas" with the final three seasons of the show and the post-college years.  That's not exactly enthralling territory there.

We recorded S08.E03 yesterday and there are six clips.

• Love 2

These last seasons are the worst... but I must hear comments about Gina, Noah, Matt the mall attorney and the return of Dylan.  Plus the light at the end of the tunnel where you won't have any braying when Brandon leaves.  

• Love 2
On 12/11/2017 at 6:22 PM, TimeyWimey52 said:

OMG why are all of Priestley's movements so exaggerated?! From the pants-hiking, to the macho strolling, cereal chomping, newspaper-shaking. It's like he can't human.

Because he can't act, and by this point in the series, he doesn't even pretend to try. (remember when he tried? like when his cousin, Danny-5, came to visit in Season 2? and he tried to be dramatic and that just made us all cringe "it was beautiful [the way you paralysed yourself]"... I think somewhere around S5 he just stopped trying).  I honestly  think he's just being Jason Priestley, x 10. 

• Love 3