Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: eps3.8_stage3.torrent

• Start Topic

It's all happening!!  I need to ponder over this for a bit to process this episode in full.  In the meantime, I will be listening to my man-servant playing me a lovely tune on crystal glasses.

Edited by Mr. R0b0t
  • Love 5

Many different plans in motion. Who knows who is onto whom? I hope we find out next week.

When Price employs AllSafe because he sees Angela, this seemed to validate those who predicted after the death party flashback that she might be his daughter.

• Love 1

Is next week truly the season finale?  Just 9 episodes after waiting like over a year plus?!?!  Horrible!

This episode is setting up so much stuff it made my head spin.  I'm not sure what was happening some of the time other then I hoped Leon would get rid of Angela for me ... but he didn't.

Nice to see Elliot and Mr Robot working for the same thing and now even Tyrell is aboard with them.

I'm getting tired of Dom not seeing that her boss is totally bogus.  He is starting to annoy me as much as Angela at this point.

White Rose, what is she doing?  Is she playing her assistant?  Or did she just go all emotional all of a sudden.  If the latter she should stop binging on music made by waving your hand over a glass.

I did notice she did refer to Dark Army's "partner" or "partners" was it.  And something was upsetting her but could not quite make out what.  It was before Assistant Guy mentioned Elliot's "third phase" stuff so it was something else.

No way can they get much of this wound up in one more episode.  And how on earth can this be just a 10 episode season?  I was just  settling into this season and now it is over next week ... grrrrr!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, green said:

Is next week truly the season finale?  Just 9 episodes after waiting like over a year plus?!?!  Horrible!

There are ten episodes, since the first is designated 3.0--just as there have been every season.

Wasn't WR upset over the difficulties border security was creating in getting the Washington Township device and other tech into the Congo?  I couldn't tell whether she was faking that distress or whether she is finally not as in control as it has always seemed.  Likewise, I'm not sure Angela has truly suffered a psychotic break or she is working some really long con under our noses.

Edited by Cardie
  • Love 2

Angela has gone full-on coo-coo for cocoa puffs. She has her own imaginary friend, that she talks to when alone in her apartment. Another clue was when she said to the person on the street, "We're ready" instead of "I'm ready." Who's "we", Angela?

It's looking like a Darlene Deathwatch. Seems like Irving's going to have her killed, or try to. And now Grant (Whiterose's assistant/lover) is going after Elliot. Will someone die next week? Does Dom now finally suspect Santiago? How could she not at this point?

• Love 4

Wasn't Angela was talking to Qwerty the fish she got from Elliot?

They showed it in her apartment and she had its tank in her cart.

Still cray in its own way but not imaginary friend cray.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cardie said:

There are ten episodes, since the first is designated 3.0--just as there have been every season.

Wasn't WR upset over the difficulties border security was creating in getting the Washington Township device and other tech into the Congo?  I couldn't tell whether she was faking that distress or whether she is finally not as in control as it has always seemed.  Likewise, I'm not sure Angela has truly suffered a psychotic break or she is working some really long con under our noses.

Thanks for catching the issue about getting the stuff into the Congo.  I missed that part somehow.

I don't think Angela is in any way playing a con game.  She seems a total emotional wreck and a zombie and indeed that White Rose totally brain washed her.  She has been that way since season 2 and she flip flops around during this time sometimes helping Darlene then betraying Elliot then seemingly loving Elliot then pissed off at him again this episode.  She still believes in the big reboot White Rose promised her.  That's the one thing she seems totally anchored to. 

Why the flashback to Price and AllSafe I don't know.  Maybe you are right that she may be Price's daughter.  If not something has been shown us this episode regards Price looking after her somewhat.  Maybe it is because as a relative of one of the Washington Township victims or volunteers or whatever they were she still has some use to him/them going forward.  Same DNA needed for second experiment or some emotional connection being important?  I'm clueless why.

Regards that experiment, Price seemed to indicate to Elliot (when he was in Mr Robot mode) that his father gave his life for that project.  And we saw in the flashback that Angela's mother believed she would go to a new world after death and that Angela would see her again one day there.  These "victims" seemed to know far more about their fate as in they were true believers whether brain washed or actually being right about what they were working on rather than just thinking they were victims of some radiation accident.

• Love 3

Poor Angela had done and lost her mind and on a show where the lead has uhhhh personality issues.

Heh... Darlene and Dom a pairing I never knew I always wanted.

Does White Rose have an actual evil lair with someone playing a violin and a henchman who doubles as a love interest?

Edited by Chaos Theory
Apparently my keyboard doesn’t like the letter “O”
  • Love 4

Yes, definitely think Price is Angela's father.  I never would have anticipated that but they concealed it well.  The guy who plays Price is awesome.

After teasing Angela/Shayla in Season 1, we get Darlene and Dom in this episode.  It was heading there for a while and the two are really good together.

Great episode.  Fantastic and I loved the flashback in the beginning.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, green said:

I don't think Angela is in any way playing a con game.  She seems a total emotional wreck and a zombie and indeed that White Rose totally brain washed her.  She has been that way since season 2 and she flip flops around during this time sometimes helping Darlene then betraying Elliot then seemingly loving Elliot then pissed off at him again this episode.

Maybe she's multiple, too.

6 hours ago, green said:

Price seemed to indicate to Elliot (when he was in Mr Robot mode) that his father gave his life for that project

I took that to  be a euphemism, i.e. he died, whether because they actively killed him, or because of the illness caused by their general bad practices. Elliot and Angela have been blaming them for the death of their parents all this time. I suppose it's possible they died willingly, but I didn't think Price was necessarily a reliable straight-shooter on that topic. White Rose and Collaborators used the same phrase when they said that now Elliot could die for them.

Dom's boss is such a whiner. What is his deal, anyway? He's clearly not in charge of anything, but even the other minions act more in control of themselves than he does.

I think Dom does suspect there's a problem with him, but I think she doesn't know what to do about it.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1

I actually originally just thought Price was a dirty old man wanting to get into Angela’s pants but was never able to close the deal.  The one deal he couldn’t close and White Rose called him on it but Price was too much of an ass to drop it so White Rose forced the issue. However the idea that Angela is actually Price’s daughter does work too in a creepy sort of way.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I actually originally just thought Price was a dirty old man wanting to get into Angela’s pants but was never able to close the deal.  The one deal he couldn’t close and White Rose called him on it but Price was too much of an ass to drop it so White Rose forced the issue. However the idea that Angela is actually Price’s daughter does work too in a creepy sort of way.

My first thought was also that Price was a dirty old man.  I think I figured it out though right before Angela got the call on her cell from "Dad."

• Love 3

WOW, this episode was epic, and yes, I think you guys are right, Price is Angela's Dad....and I love Darleen and Dom together, KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN...That Darleen, I tell ya! However, I think they are going to kill her off, I hope I am wrong, I love that funky actress and her literal hot pants. I gotta watch this sucker again. Oh oh oh and the scene with White Rose and her lair, Hubba, BD Wong can be my girl/boyfriend any day of the week!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, benteen said:

I think I figured it out though right before Angela got the call on her cell from "Dad."

Even though I was on board with Price being her father, I still thought the call from Dad was from the financially strapped dad who raised her, even though he's been MIA this season. But you are probably right about who's calling.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Cardie said:

Okay then.  I guess Season 2 just seemed way longer cause it never seemed to get in gear for me.  This season has flown by by comparison.  Almost seemed that the premiere was just last week it has gone by so fast.

• Love 1

I gotta watch this again.

I can't help feeling I missed something...some subtext.

One thing I've learned about this show it everything means something. Nothing on this show is coincidental.

White Rose bothers me. I don't know how to feel about her vulnerable "I messed up" act. Figures like her don't "mess up." They're too methodical and deliberate to "mess up." That bothers me...what's really going on? And DOES Elliot "own" the Dark Army now, or is White Rose just allowing him to think he does?

Or is the "theory" Esmail presenting to us the real deal? DA thinks Elliot's getting rid of Ecoin to put the nail in ECorp's coffin and wipe them out so they let Elliot off his leash, but in reality, Elliot's about to "blow up" the Dark Army. I love that thought. Give me warm fuzzies.

But after this season? I know better. Esmail NEVER lets the good guys win. Ever. So nope, I don't buy the Elliot's gonna get away with "owning" the Dark Army.

Think maybe Darlene was set up on purpose? Think maybe the DA sent that email? I don't put anything past Esmail. For realz

What if....the email the "REAL" Trenton sent was to her dad, or brother, or grandma or someone, and they're at this moment deciding if they should share it with Elliot or not? What if the email from Trenton was a setup?

Oh man, this show's got me all kinds of paranoid...

• Love 2

^  Oh I totally think Trenton's email to Elliot is real.  She mentioned this whole thing verbatim last season to Mobley after they had gotten away to Arizona.

And yes things look dark and the bad guys always seem to be winning but if that isn't the case then we would have reached the end game of the series and it would be over.  So I don't think the bad guys will always win.  They just have to win for now so that there is an opponent for Elliot to battle. 

Will there be a happily ever after ending?  Probably not.  But at least a gray ending with a glimmer of hope as opposed to a black ending.  Esmail is not Ronald Moore and I trust he will not ruin Mr Robot in the way Moore ruined Battlestar Galactica in the last two seasons of it's run that was so awesome the first two seasons then it crashed and died out of Moore's hubris.  Dark for the sake of dark is just plain stupid.

And it seems to be  setting up that eventually Elliot and Dom will be allies and maybe Tyrell as well and of course Darlene.   And yes Angela too though as you all know I just want her killed off.  But Esmail sees her as a major and key factor going forward, alas.

Edited by green
  • Love 5

I want to believe so bad that Darlene and Dom are working together to suss out the mole within the FBI and maybe Dom already suspects that Santiago is the mole so they put on that little show for him. If Irving gets his hands on Darlene next week and kills her, I'm going to riot. She better not end up dead or anyone, for that matter. I've grown to like all of these characters, good and bad. I wouldn't be opposed to Santiago getting killed off, though.

Loved Darlene and Dom hooking up and I had a feeling it was going there when Darlene's phone trick didn't work at the bar. I couldn't help but laugh at Darlene's face when Dom stopped their sexytimes to put away her badge and gun. Gotta admit, Dom is a fine FBI agent and takes her job seriously. I love that about her.

It never occurred to me that Price could be Angela's dad, but maybe that was the point of the flashback? So great seeing Gideon again. He was a great character. Even though Price is the face of all the things that we hate (entitled rich white man who thinks he owns this world), I actually really like the character especially when he spews out wise things like these:

"It's not that I'm out of moves. It's that you're not worth one."

"You don't force an agenda, Mr. Alderson. You have to inspire one."

"World catastrophes like this, they aren't caused by lone wolves like you. They occur because men like me allow them."

Fascinating character.

Man, Angela has lost it completely. I don't think this is an act that she's putting on. I think she's snapped and the only thing that she's holding on to is her belief in whatever Whiterose told her. So sad seeing her in that condition. I did laugh during the scene where she was locking her numerous locks to her apartment and then you see a poster of a Hang In There poster with a picture of a cat hanging on to something for dear life. I thought that was a hilarious and sad visual. I love it when the show brings the dark humor.

Can't believe we only have one episode left. I'm not ready to see the show go on hiatus again. It felt like this just came back last week.

• Love 10

I barely remember last season, although I was in a fog like Angela, at the time (weird referring to someone who has my name). The episode when they took that guy to the hospital, and then were at the diner... That's unfortunately what I recall. This one has gone much faster. 

What did she mean by "I'm not taking your CD again"? Was that what she said? 

Elliot is probably being tricked, but I'd like to think he's actually getting somewhere. Why is White Rose so fond of him? That one man said something about her giving him everything he wants. 

I was disappointed Darlene went the seduction route. It would be nice if Dom recognizes her boss as the bad guy that he is.

when Elliot and his dad kept interchanging, I was wondering if we were going to see a new personality. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Anela said:

From Season 1, Darlene's boyfriend (guy killed in the diner) gave Angela and her then boyfriend (from Allsafe) a CD on the street. The CD contain code that accessed her computer's camera and watched her in her apartment.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mxc90 said:

From Season 1, Darlene's boyfriend (guy killed in the diner) gave Angela and her then boyfriend (from Allsafe) a CD on the street. The CD contain code that accessed her computer's camera and watched her in her apartment.

Thanks, i remember something like that (and just watched it again last week), but he isn't alive. She isn't in her right mind, though. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Anela said:

Thanks, i remember something like that (and just watched it again last week), but he isn't alive. She isn't in her right mind, though. 

You're welcome.  

After seeing Leon in Elliot's apartment seemed to kick Angela's lunacy to another level. Who picked up Angela? FBI? Dark Army?

Who is "she" Angela needs to warn?

If something happens to the information at the Sentinel, then Dom must know it was Santiago. I wonder if Dom and Darlene plan this to draw out Santiago? 

Also, was Mr. Robot just willing to let Wellick beat the crap out of him? He was giving no resistance.

Good for Elliot making sure Irving didn't get any play with customer (the car sale was secondary to him).

Correct me if I'm wrong: I thought FBI agents were not suppose to have tattoos.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, possibilities said:

If Price is Angela's father, what about her cash-strapped dad from season 1?

A boss like Price can father a child on the side with an employee like Angela's mother and the husband is never the wiser.  Not that I'm 100% sold that Angela is Price's daughter but it certainly seems to point to him being just that at the moment.

• Love 1

I need to pick up on the rewatch, and then watch this season again. I don't remember white rose talking about bringing their parents back. I know Angela went through something weird, and that's all I remember. People here talk about parallel universes and such, and I've never associated anything like that with this show. I feel really slow, or just not that creative. :) 

1 hour ago, green said:

A boss like Price can father a child on the side with an employee like Angela's mother and the husband is never the wiser.  Not that I'm 100% sold that Angela is Price's daughter but it certainly seems to point to him being just that at the moment.

I get that, but I don't see her having him in her phone as "dad" under those circumstances. Maybe I'm wrong, though. I mean... this show does like to dole out info in mysterious ways.

39 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I get that, but I don't see her having him in her phone as "dad" under those circumstances.

Perhaps Price told Angela he was her father as soon as he saw her at AllSafe and that info just hasn't filtered through to anyone else, including the audience. That could be a special number he uses to call her.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 1:36 PM, Cardie said:

Even though I was on board with Price being her father, I still thought the call from Dad was from the financially strapped dad who raised her, even though he's been MIA this season. But you are probably right about who's calling.

Regardless, Angela's mother being dead parallels baby Wellick's mother being dead because of The Cause.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:34 PM, hnygrl said:

Or is the "theory" Esmail presenting to us the real deal? DA thinks Elliot's getting rid of Ecoin to put the nail in ECorp's coffin and wipe them out so they let Elliot off his leash, but in reality, Elliot's about to "blow up" the Dark Army

Since Elliot is our hero, I think he'll do both.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, green said:

And it seems to be  setting up that eventually Elliot and Dom will be allies and maybe Tyrell as well and of course Darlene.   And yes Angela too though as you all know I just want her killed off.  But Esmail sees her as a major and key factor going forward, alas

I could see Angela getting killed off in such a way that surprises the audience by how much we care.

Edited by shapeshifter
emphasis
  • Love 3

Gotta go back and watch the previous seasons again, to see if this whole plot with WR and E-Corp holds up.

Other thing is, when Elliott was in prison, did he switch to Mr. Robot when he was in there too?  I don't recall.

14 hours ago, Cardie said:

Perhaps Price told Angela he was her father as soon as he saw her at AllSafe and that info just hasn't filtered through to anyone else, including the audience. That could be a special number he uses to call her.

If it's true, I think she must have found out later than that. Their first interactions -- after that one guy killed himself on the air and Price tried to persuade her to work at E-Corp, and her early days there -- looked more in line with her affirmations. She was trying to make more of herself than she had been. It could explain why he's given her any consideration at all (him giving her money to buy shoes has a different meaning in that perspective), but if it is true, I think Angela's awareness must have happened after (or possibly during) the encounter with White Rose. Her confidence level in getting what she wanted -- e.g. directing Price to fire Elliot -- went way up after that, not to mention his compliance. His reaction at All-Safe could have been the first time he really saw her. If it's true.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Anela said:

I need to pick up on the rewatch, and then watch this season again. I don't remember white rose talking about bringing their parents back. I know Angela went through something weird, and that's all I remember. People here talk about parallel universes and such, and I've never associated anything like that with this show. I feel really slow, or just not that creative. :) 

Well I learn a lot coming out to this thread from other posters.   It is hard to figure out Mr Robot otherwise.  We all are in the same boat.  Hell I didn't realize Mr Robot could be the other side of Elliot and not a separate person until people started to mention that here first.  Then I still didn't believe it for a couple of more episodes.

As for time travel stuff I guess the first clue is White Rose from the beginning being obsessed with time down to the very second.  But lately we have had endless CERN references and pictures in the background of that collider etc.  Esmail is known for planting hints everywhere in his show.  Add that the old Washington Township Experiment was something big and super cutting edge and he wants to replicate it this time in the Congo.

Then a couple of episodes back where young Angela is seeing her mother, already dying from the radiation from the Washington Township Expereiment, celebrating her last birthday before she dies we have the convo between the two of them where the mother clearly states she is going to a better world when she dies and that one day Angela can join her there.  It wasn't couched in religious terms either the way the mother explained it.

Maybe the most biggest hint of all was when we saw the tour director in one of E Corp's plants talks about something like time travel and/or parallel universes etc as he passes by.  No reason to have filmed that scene, which was a stand alone piece in the episode and didn't tie into any of the main storyline or characters at that time, unless it meant something.

There has been no concrete declaration about any of this other than knowing now Angela believes White Rose can "re-set" the past which is basically some form of time travel by any other name.  But lots of hints are being planting.  Maybe some are red herrings too.  But hey that is what makes Mr Robot so fun at times.  Not knowing exactly what is happening, heh.

17 hours ago, possibilities said:

I get that, but I don't see her having him in her phone as "dad" under those circumstances. Maybe I'm wrong, though. I mean... this show does like to dole out info in mysterious ways.

I assume the "Dad" on her phone was the impoverished one back in NJ.  Maybe that "Dad" will fill her in on some crucial stuff she needs to know.  I don't think Angela has any idea about Price either being her real Dad or, if not, why he has such a special interest in her at the vert least.  But maybe NJ "Dad" does know after all or found something out recently about same that Angela needs to hear.  The fact that he called 5 times already trying to reach her means it is something she needs to hear anyway.

Edited by green
  • Love 4

I am always late to this thread because i need to watch each episode at least 3 times before I can discuss it. I live tweet the show and then watch the after show on The Verge so it's  pretty late when I get my first watch on Wednesday. I then rewatch on Thursday, which usually sends me down a rabbit hole to check a few things before I rewatch again. So now it's Friday night ( technically early Saturday morning) and I got things to say! lol.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:55 PM, Cardie said:

Many different plans in motion. Who knows who is onto whom? I hope we find out next week.

When Price employs AllSafe because he sees Angela, this seemed to validate those who predicted after the death party flashback that she might be his daughter.

There's definitely a relationship of some sort, but I'm not quite sold 100% that she is his daughter. I am convinced he is the mysterious donor the lawyer lady mentioned in that episode who was offering to pay for her medical treatment.

On 12/7/2017 at 0:28 AM, green said:

This episode is setting up so much stuff it made my head spin.  I'm not sure what was happening some of the time other then I hoped Leon would get rid of Angela for me ... but he didn't.

Nice to see Elliot and Mr Robot working for the same thing and now even Tyrell is aboard with them.

I'm getting tired of Dom not seeing that her boss is totally bogus.  He is starting to annoy me as much as Angela at this point.

White Rose, what is she doing?  Is she playing her assistant?  Or did she just go all emotional all of a sudden.  If the latter she should stop binging on music made by waving your hand over a glass.

I did notice she did refer to Dark Army's "partner" or "partners" was it.  And something was upsetting her but could not quite make out what.  It was before Assistant Guy mentioned Elliot's "third phase" stuff so it was something else.

No way can they get much of this wound up in one more episode.  And how on earth can this be just a 10 episode season?  I was just  settling into this season and now it is over next week ... grrrrr!

I suspect  after she got caught Darlene convinced Dom that there was indeed a mole within the FBI. I think that whole scene was staged to prove to Dom that Santiago is dirty. I think Dom lowkey questioned why he seemingly kept throwing up roadblocks whenever she got too close. She was already suspicious that he survived that shoot out in China. 

I always got the impression that WR and Grant were lovers. Back in that China episode the way she asked him which earrings she should wear just felt like something a woman asks her boyfriend.  I wasn't surprised. I also think WR's tantrum was designed to remind us the viewers that WR is infallible. In her need to put Price in his place she went to far. the blowing up of the 71 E corp buildings brought down stricter precautions. If you notice in the background NYC is nearly a police state with armed guards walking the streets and curfews for it's citizens. That's making it harder to import things and whatever it is she wanted from the Washington Township facility can't be sent out to the Congo. That's why she pissed. 

On 12/7/2017 at 1:32 AM, Cardie said:

Yes she was. I don't think Angela is working a long con. I think she's still operating under whatever delusion WR instilled in her.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:40 AM, possibilities said:

Maybe she's multiple, too.

I took that to  be a euphemism, i.e. he died, whether because they actively killed him, or because of the illness caused by their general bad practices. Elliot and Angela have been blaming them for the death of their parents all this time. I suppose it's possible they died willingly, but I didn't think Price was necessarily a reliable straight-shooter on that topic. White Rose and Collaborators used the same phrase when they said that now Elliot could die for them.

Dom's boss is such a whiner. What is his deal, anyway? He's clearly not in charge of anything, but even the other minions act more in control of themselves than he does.

I think Dom does suspect there's a problem with him, but I think she doesn't know what to do about it.

I think whatever caused the cancer in Edward Alderson and Angela's mom (sorry I forget her name) they took or were exposed to willingly.  I think WR also sold them on some sort off delusional alternate reality as well. I keep remembering Angela's mom telling her, "Angela this isn't the end, ... I'm always going to be there for you no matter what.......You know what I believe? That this isn't the end, that there's a whole 'nother world out there for both of us. That we'll see each other again....will you believe with me?"

I think Santiago was told/promised something for his cooperation as well. It could just be greed/payoffs that allow him to take care of his mother. When WR was having her tantrum ahe mentions having DA's and senators on the payroll.

I suspect Darlene told Dom there was a mole at the FBI and the whole exchange with Santiago was to convince/prove it to her. I like Dom but as much info as she has, she still missing a lot. She has no clue who WR is.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:34 PM, hnygrl said:

I gotta watch this again.

I can't help feeling I missed something...some subtext.

One thing I've learned about this show it everything means something. Nothing on this show is coincidental.

White Rose bothers me. I don't know how to feel about her vulnerable "I messed up" act. Figures like her don't "mess up." They're too methodical and deliberate to "mess up." That bothers me...what's really going on? And DOES Elliot "own" the Dark Army now, or is White Rose just allowing him to think he does?

Or is the "theory" Esmail presenting to us the real deal? DA thinks Elliot's getting rid of Ecoin to put the nail in ECorp's coffin and wipe them out so they let Elliot off his leash, but in reality, Elliot's about to "blow up" the Dark Army. I love that thought. Give me warm fuzzies.

But after this season? I know better. Esmail NEVER lets the good guys win. Ever. So nope, I don't buy the Elliot's gonna get away with "owning" the Dark Army.

Think maybe Darlene was set up on purpose? Think maybe the DA sent that email? I don't put anything past Esmail. For realz

What if....the email the "REAL" Trenton sent was to her dad, or brother, or grandma or someone, and they're at this moment deciding if they should share it with Elliot or not? What if the email from Trenton was a setup?

Oh man, this show's got me all kinds of paranoid...

I think Esmail was showing us that WR is infallible. If she was perfect with no  vulnerabilities then Elliot besting her would be implausible. I'm not 100% convinced that neither Grant nor WR wouldn't expect Elliot to load that exploit on his computer. Elliot is indeed in Dark Army's computer network. Im just not sure if that was intentional. 

I do believe the email from Trenton was real.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:46 PM, unicorn23 said:

Loved Darlene and Dom hooking up and I had a feeling it was going there when Darlene's phone trick didn't work at the bar. I couldn't help but laugh at Darlene's face when Dom stopped their sexytimes to put away her badge and gun. Gotta admit, Dom is a fine FBI agent and takes her job seriously. I love that about her.

"It's not that I'm out of moves. It's that you're not worth one."

"You don't force an agenda, Mr. Alderson. You have to inspire one."

"World catastrophes like this, they aren't caused by lone wolves like you. They occur because men like me allow them."

Fascinating character.

It was also a nice call back to that scene in season 1 when Darlene slept with the business guy so she could steal his gun out of his safe.

It took me a minute to get a handle on the various timelines in this episode, but I think Price's words helped Mr. Robt/Elliot come up with the idea to "pown" the Dark Army.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:01 PM, Anela said:

In season 1 Cisco is selling CD's outside the Allsafe building. Angela installs the CD on Allsafe's computers that allow the Dark Army to gain access to Ecorp's data.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:45 PM, mxc90 said:

You're welcome.  

After seeing Leon in Elliot's apartment seemed to kick Angela's lunacy to another level. Who picked up Angela? FBI? Dark Army?

Who is "she" Angela needs to warn?

If something happens to the information at the Sentinel, then Dom must know it was Santiago. I wonder if Dom and Darlene plan this to draw out Santiago? 

Also, was Mr. Robot just willing to let Wellick beat the crap out of him? He was giving no resistance.

No idea who picked up Angela. Angela wants to warn White Rose. I'm convinced Dom & Darlene did this to prove to Dom that Santiago is the mole. I think Mr Robot was going to do whatever it took to convince Wellick that he's being used.

I love how Leon seems slightly amused to see Elliot with Angela at first. He seems pleased that Elliot is bringing a girl back to his place,. Remember he told Irving they "needed to get him laid."

Did anybody notice that Angea has recreated the room she spoke to WR in her apartment?

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Milaxx said:

No idea who picked up Angela.

Didn't the van have an E-Corp logo? (I could have imagined that; my eyesight isn't great.) I thought Price was looking for her, the reason I could entertain the idea that "Dad" on the phone was Price.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cardie said:

Didn't the van have an E-Corp logo? (I could have imagined that; my eyesight isn't great.) I thought Price was looking for her, the reason I could entertain the idea that "Dad" on the phone was Price.

I don't think so but I'll double check. However we've never gotten any indication that Price knew he was her daughter. In fact during season 2 it felt like he was coming onto her, both n the dinner scenes with the other Ecorp exec and that scene in his office when he told her he it was his birthday. 

• Love 2

^^I suppose I'm looking for the obligatory big twist and if we've been lured into misreading Angela all this time, it would be a good one. It would be like Darlene turning out to be Elliot's sister, which pretty much no one saw coming.

• Love 1

I figured the Darlene/Elliot connection out after she just showed up in his apartment but wasn't phased at seeimg Shayla. I doubt Angela is Price's daughter, but I'm not Esmail & I certainly could be wrong.

Since it's a snow day here, I'm rewatching and trying to configure the timelines. I can't figure out if this is a 2 or 3 day period. So far I've got the scene at the arcade took place after Mr Robot met with Tyrell  because he's the one who tells Mr Robot that the FBI has a mole. Leon showing up at Elliot's apartment is the response to Elliot's meet with Irving.  Darlene meeting with Dom occurred after the  arcade in evening. 

Other little things I noticed:

When Price shows up at Tyrell's  Mr. Robot asks if he knew all along. He says something about not the fine details, but the general plan. There were breadcrumbs. I see Angela as a breadcrumb. Allsafe was much too small of a company to handle an account like E corp. Both Tyrell & Terry knew this.  Price only paid attention when he saw Angela. Seeing Angela was the indication to Price from WR that this was the company to use. Why? Because Elliot worked there thanks to Angela. Giving Allsafe the account would mean that Elliot could gain access to Ecorps accounts to launch the 5/9 hack.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 8
On 12/9/2017 at 10:07 AM, Cardie said:

Just rewatched. The van didn't have the ecorp logo. It's a plain white van. My guess is this scene takes place after Dom has brought Darlene in and these are the FBI  picking Angela up.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 3
On 12/7/2017 at 1:00 PM, mrspidey said:

Tyrell: Puppet? No puppet. You're the puppet!

I see what you did there, show.

I know!!!  I really like this show, and when I binge re-watched seasons 1 and 2 a few months ago, I found my enjoyment of the show went way up on the second viewing, especially with a chance for small details to be fresh in the mind over the span of a season.  My one hesitation was that this show seemed like the kind of thing alt-right, red-pill, conspiracy-guzzling, techno-fascist types would drool over; I worried I was uncritically enjoying a show put out by some Alex Jones superfan. 

I was happy to see between seasons 2 and 3 that Esmail is decidedly not a Trump fan, and in season 3 has left in every episode this season some little joke or two mocking both that... person... currently occupying the White House, as well as those who thought this show was some dog whistle for 400-lb-shut-ins to start their mighty futurist-cyber-revolution.  I haven't sought it out, but I just like the idea of some former fans being all upset in season 3 that "Mr. Robot" went too "SJW" and "leftist" on them, or whatever the hell they mewl about... :)

I haven't made up my mind about this season yet- though knowing how I felt after season 1 and 2 when watching live, I'm willing to believe the show will seem better on rewatch- as I question whether this will end up being a treading water season if we don't find out some concrete and indisputable show truths about the sci-fi MacGuffin that is motivating WR, at least.  But if nothing else, I've already enjoyed the extraordinary acting/artistry on screen (that extended sequence of Angela hacking the HSMs a few episodes back was incredible to watch), along with those background reminders that a raging "tear down the system!!!111" manifesto usually just leads to good and decent people digging through the trash to survive.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 4:00 PM, mrspidey said:

Tyrell: Puppet? No puppet. You're the puppet!

I see what you did there, show.

I realize the quote is another reference, however I was listening to a Mr. Robot podcast this morning and I thought about this line.  It's relly is very fitting to call Tyrell a puppet. It seems to me that so many of the players in this are running a long con.  WhiteRose first and foremost has been planning this for 20 odd years. WhiteRose also referred to Angela as Price's "pet project". That got me to thinking about Tyrell. In previous seasons he seemed to think he was in line for the CFO position because he had worked his way up the company ranks and proven himself. I also got the impression that prior to Elliot he thought he was going to be the one used to bring Ecorp down. There was a conversation with Joanna where Tyrell realized who Elliot was and remarked to her about how ordinary and lowly he was. Coupled with Price's whole breadcrumbs comment, I'm beginning to think that Tyrell was a Whiterose puppet way back then. I also think the deception was 2 fold; Tyrell was lead to believe he was the "chosen one", and Price thought he was WR's plant and therefore took great pleasure in always putting Wellick in his place. Either way Tyrell has been a puppet for a very long time. We're only just seeing the extent of how deep the manipulation was.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, scrb said:

Yeah but that quote was what Trump said in one of the debates last year

Thus implying that Trump is a Russian puppet in the same way that Tyrell is WR's. A denial of puppetdom by a puppet.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, hincandenza said:

I know!!!  I really like this show, and when I binge re-watched seasons 1 and 2 a few months ago, I found my enjoyment of the show went way up on the second viewing, especially with a chance for small details to be fresh in the mind over the span of a season.  My one hesitation was that this show seemed like the kind of thing alt-right, red-pill, conspiracy-guzzling, techno-fascist types would drool over; I worried I was uncritically enjoying a show put out by some Alex Jones superfan.  ...

I have no idea who Alex Jones is but I never saw this as a right wing operation from Elliot's point of view.  "The greatest redistribution of wealth in history" as Mr Robot told himself (Elliot) in the very first episode of the series is the wet dream of every communist, utopian, socialist and hippie in history.  Totally a left wing pov.  One shared by Darlene, Trenton and Mobley.

Alt right stuff is simply manipulation of people that aren't well educated as a whole using elements of fear of the other to set-up a new order run by new right wing oligarchs replacing the old school right wingers who have become too mainstream for them.  They hide behind the shield of populism spun to these people through an authority figure demagogue. 

Doesn't mean the left can't fall into demagogy or populism but since a "democratic" left by it's nature -- as opposed to a masquerading fake left (Stalinist etc) -- doesn't use "fear of the other" tactics in the main since they usually advocate tolerance for all; they avoid this trap most of the time.  Extreme leftist groups can fall into the trap however because they start to "react" to extreme right wing groups and start to mirror their tactics and actions including violence at times thus becoming pretty much their so-called enemy after awhile.

Of course White Rose could care less.  She doesn't care about left, right, democracy, populism etc etc.  She has her own agenda and will happily hijack an idealist power to the people movement and try and vector it's actions into helping her goal just as much as she will use Evil Corp for same.  Of course what her final goal is is perhaps the main mystery of this show.

• Love 2

Has anyone read The Hollywood Reporter interview with Kor? More importantly has anyone done this?

How much time would you advise viewers to spend pausing the screen in the scenes set in Angela's apartment?

1 minute, 2 seconds, 1 decisecond, 18 centiseconds.

I know she recreated the room that she met WhiteRose in . I noticed the cat "Hang in there" poster, the collection of Lolita books and the pictures of victims from the 71 E corp buildings bombing. I'm wondering if there is something else to see. I think you'd need one of those clocks the Olympics uses to even measure the  decisecond, & centiseconds.

ETA: Just noticed the old school red phones. I guess that why we should pause so we can noticed everything in the room.

Edited by Milaxx

The longer season 3 went on, the more it detached from reality via Elliot of course it got. I think the first 3 episodes were pretty kosher. Then episode 4 began to detach from reality and then Elliot was right back to his mental state by episode 5 of pure delusions and misrememberence.  I only can guess what mindbenders are in store for the finale.

• Love 1

I've been thinking these past few days...

Ya think maybe....?

You know that time between when Dom caught Darlene trying to pick her safe and when Darlene was in the box?

Maybe...just maybe....? They had a discussion? Darlene told Dom everything. Absolutely everything, including her (then) fear that the DA owned the FBI/had a mole in the FBI? Maybe? She spilled her guts, told her everything, and when she was taken in they'd agreed what she would say/how she would say it to see what happened?

Cause people...there was absolutely no reason for Santiago to say no to her going through Sentinel with the FBI watching her every keystroke. No reason at all. The FBI had Zero to lose and everything to gain. They have some of the best hackers on the planet working for them. THey could've put her in their care and had them watch her like a hawk. They had nothing to lose.

Yet he said no. Think maybe this was a kinda test to see who the mole was? Cause they definitely know now...that time lapse...a lot of conversations could've happened. A. Lot. And this show? You know nothing is as it seems. Nothing. There's always more going on than we know. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

• Love 3