Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: The Big Scary U – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

A close look at Negan and the lives of the Saviors during the conflict through a familiar set of eyes.

An extra 13 minutes for this episode that I'm sure everyone has been clamoring for....

• Love 6

The familiar eyes have to be those of Eugene, I suppose. Poor Father Gabriel is stuck with Negan and likely considering a quick death by zombie horde.

You guys are going to have to snark for me because I’ll be missing the live airing due to being in Ireland. I’m on vacation!!

• Love 8

The Big Scary U?  Nothing is big and scary about this show anymore.  Just dread of monologues.   This is like that horrible season in Alexandria where it took 8 episodes to get through one day.   Probably skipping this one, since it likely won't advance the never changing plot.

• Love 5

13 minutes... so 9 bonus minutes of commercials and 4 of speechs? Can't wait.

4 hours ago, peach said:

This is like that horrible season in Alexandria where it took 8 episodes to get through one day.  

And 6 hours to get across one street.

Just dread of monologues

Someone needs to update the definition of "monologophobia" in the dictionary.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

And 6 hours to get across one street.

Involving 3 months of television, all leading up to the final, huge dramatic moment of Carl getting his eye shot out....which...they never came back to. 

Maybe "The Big Scary U" has to do with that garbage woman.  Sounds like something bizarre she would say.  

• Love 4

Heavy sigh. Just how far do the ratings need to drop before TPTB realize that you can't force an audience to like something? Telling us the we "just don't understand" is enormously insulting. We understand. We simply don't like it. You can't force us to like it. Either course correct, or face another drop in viewership. But I guess that doesn't matter yet, since this is still one of the (possibly the single?) highest rated shows going...

• Love 5

I'll be skipping this one tonight and watching Poldark finale instead. Will check in with the boards tomorrow to see if it's worth watching at all. I'm with the rest of you, figure it will probably be 99% Negan monologuing! Would much prefer death by zombie.

• Love 2

Well, I'm looking forward to tonight's episode! I am just thrilled they added 13 minutes more. I sure hope it's filled with Negan explaining himself, and FPP (or FSP's) asking for Negan's "confession" or redemption. Or, FPP just runs into the mass walker horde to spare himself. I know I would, and I have a few vodka and club sodas to prepare me for the hilarity which may ensue!!! (She says while shaking her head)

• Love 2
21 hours ago, shanndee said:

Heavy sigh. Just how far do the ratings need to drop before TPTB realize that you can't force an audience to like something? Telling us the we "just don't understand" is enormously insulting. We understand. We simply don't like it. You can't force us to like it. Either course correct, or face another drop in viewership. But I guess that doesn't matter yet, since this is still one of the (possibly the single?) highest rated shows going...

The show is still #1 on Cable, both in the coveted 18-49 demo and total viewers. It's also higher in that demo than any scripted show on broadcast TV, but it trails quite a few shows -- The Big Band Theory, This Is Us, and NCIS, among others -- when it comes to total viewers.

1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

Negan's second in command is more scary than Negan to me

Yes, he's definitely creepy.

But we already know what happens and I don't care about these people, so I'm bored.

• Love 3