Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Judas Goat

I've had a bad feeling about Lewis for awhile now. I wanted so much to see him get help am but, I don't think that's his trajectory. I do like how they've tied Castle's story to OTSD and War Vets and hope they can keep shedding light on the subject while not going overboard.

I want to believe that Russo is a good guy but, casting Ben Barnes just screams Villain (he's gotten quite good at it).  

I like Madoni and her Partner (whose name escapes me). Her story drove the plot forward but, felt a bit light in this episode.

I continue to love the growing friendship between Castle and Micro.

• Love 2

Out of all the Marvel shows on Netflix, looks like this one is pushing the boundaries with the more graphic then normal sex scene and I believe the first butt shot out of all of them, courtesy of Ben Barnes.

The guy who lied about being a Vietnam vet was a bastard and a half, but Lewis killing is clearly setting things up for him to get even darker.  I worry most for Curtis, since I still wonder if Lewis will hold a grudge against him for talking Russo out of hiring him.

Frank knows now that David has camera to watch Sarah and his kids, so he goes to I guess try and help?

Of course, Russo ends up being aligned with Rawlins.  This is bad news for both Frank and Dinah!

• Love 2

Of course, Russo ends up being aligned with Rawlins.  This is bad news for both Frank and Dinah

I saw this coming before they showed it. I just didn't trust the guy.

I had a feeling that Lewis was going to go off the deep end. Sure the guy was a jerk for lying about when he served. Which makes me wonder why someone would do that. Did he get pleasure about lying to people who really did serve in a war.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:38 AM, blueray said:

I had a feeling that Lewis was going to go off the deep end. Sure the guy was a jerk for lying about when he served. Which makes me wonder why someone would do that. Did he get pleasure about lying to people who really did serve in a war.

I knew as soon as Curt told Lewis whatshisface had been lying about Vietnam, that he was not much longer for this world.  Curt should have known better, honestly.  Lewis was one bad day away from going full psycho and Curt should have seen that.  I could understand Lewis' dad being blind to it, but not Curt.

On November 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM, blueray said:

Me, too. Especially when I saw that his company was named Anvil. It was like they were pointing right at him as the villain. 

On 25/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, blueray said:

I figured something was up with that guy, since the actor appeared way to young to have been a Vietnam vet who served in 1968. 

On 20/11/2017 at 3:35 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Out of all the Marvel shows on Netflix, looks like this one is pushing the boundaries with the more graphic then normal sex scene and I believe the first butt shot out of all of them, courtesy of Ben Barnes.

I thinl there was a random butt in an early episode of Jessica Jones.

And speaking of sex, i am surprised and kind of impressed we didn't get a scene of drunken desperation where Sarah threw herself at Frank, while on camera. I totally thought they were setting that up.

What. The Hell. Is this show about. Because it isn't about the Punisher I remember.

Frank, Mr. Elite soldier who is now a superhero Punisher, doesn't suspect Billy *at all,* despite the fact Billy runs a private security company and Frank was attacked by (and killed) soldiers that he apparently had identified as being mercenaries and not gov't soldiers?

Some random dude with PTSD is shooting at his dad and kills another vet who lied? Should I care about this guy? Does he become a villain or something in the comics? Every time he is on the screen, I browse my phone until we come back to the matters at hand.

Meanwhile, Frank is being used and punished by everyone. I think his persona has the wrong name. 

Also, are the people who killed his family dead or not? A character said in one of the first two eps that those people were dead, and yet Frank says they are not. Is he just hunting further up the food chain now? Does he know something we don't, or is he just nuts or was the earlier character misinformed? 

I keep thinking I should recognize the name Billy Russo, so I had to look it up... and of course, they hire the most gorgeous for that character.

I'm loving the show so far.  I've loved all the Marvel Netflix shows in the order they've come out, but I think this one is taking the top spot.

The only blemish so far for the series... Madani.  Puts me to sleep when she's not with her partner.

• Love 1
On 11/20/2017 at 3:35 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Not to mention the violence is pretty graphic and frequent as well.  I know the other shows have a lot of blood also, but the Punisher seems more violent (as might be expected).

IMO, so far the show has done a really good job of illustrating PTSD. I haven't read the comics, but this iteration of the Punisher is formed largely by his time as a soldier, and the idea that you don't come back unchanged by the things you experience. Frank struggles with the fact that sometimes he would rather be in the mud and blood with his unit than with his family; Lewis comes to a natural conclusion with the idea of stolen valor and his pain and service being used to promote second amendment fanaticism.

I'm actually digging this show because I didn't want to see countless episodes of Frank gunning down bad guys. I wanted to see what this man was made of, what constituted his idea of peace when he is this perfect killing machine, and I thoroughly appreciate being shown a perspective that I haven't experienced but can still try to empathize with. I don't know how heavily canon Frank leaned on his military background, but I definitely feel like this is a topical lens, and I'm sort of glad that it's being presented. 

ETA: When Frank went through that prison fight during DD S2, I felt it was supremely necessary as a parallel and an illustration of how he does things. Matt Murdock spends his days brawling with evil dudes, but until Frank came along, I don't think the audience fully realized how much Matt held back. Frank is a gore machine, and it's really interesting to view it through the lens of that character; he has no moral qualms about killing someone to further his end goals, and in the right setting with the right villains, that can feel super redemptive.

Edited by Kate47
  • Love 1