Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Fish Town and Too Many Thank You's

paulvdb

Bonnie is suspicious when her brother, Ray, returns from rehab and strikes up a friendship with Adam, and Christy and Bonnie have a brush with the law when they take Ray’s fancy car for a joy ride.

8 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I thought she was probably using the money her father's sons gave her when he died.  The younger son said something about them "discovering" she hadn't been paid for her previous 2 years of employment at the shop, so it sounded like a significant amount.  

That's a good point because she obviously isn't working for Ray like someone else thought she might be doing because he's still doing drugs and left. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Ray is going to become a regular on the show like Adam is now, Especially with Christy's restaurant and all of those characters gone and her kids and Baxter gone as well. In some ways it almost seems like a different show from when it first started years ago. 

• Love 4

Have I not been paying attention?  When did they change the opening pictures to include all the women in the group? 

I like Ray.  I am not sure he will be a regular but maybe a recurring character.  They’ll hear from the addicted brother and we’ll see an addicts life as more then just the occasional joke.  They can’t really have Bonnie or Christy use at this point so having someone else who is essentially likeable that they can’t help is a good plot device.  

Although I am still waiting for Christy to crash and burn.  I think the show is missing something if they don’t let her take one last downward spiral.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Have I not been paying attention?  When did they change the opening pictures to include all the women in the group?

Last week was the first time they used the new opening credits.

5 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

I like Ray!  I just noticed that he also plays Asst Chief Mason on Major Crimes. 

Leonard Roberts; I love his voice.

Last week, I forgot the show was starting again, and this week I was gone and didn't think to record.  I'll have to get back in the swing of things.

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Leonard Roberts; I love his voice.

Last week, I forgot the show was starting again, and this week I was gone and didn't think to record.  I'll have to get back in the swing of things.

Thank you. I knew he looked familiar but didn’t care enough to figure it out. I remember him from Buffy the Vampire Slayer 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Aliconehead said:

I remember him from Buffy the Vampire Slayer 

Aha! Now that you mention it, I do recognize him from that (and I had just finished a Season 4 rewatch with him in it. Shame on me).

I hope we get to see more of Ray. He's a good addition and brings a male presence to the show without immediately getting pegged as prospective love interest for one of the ladies (sorry Jill). And his bromance with Adam was great.

While it's odd that the kids are no longer part of the show I can see why they were more or less written out. It was hard to do certain plots with the kids around and keep things light-hearted and funny. They did some interesting things - especially with Violet's pregnancy. You hardly get to see a teenage pregnancy that ends in adoption on tv - and the aftermath. But it's not exactly sit-com material. The show does occasionally touch on darker themes but I guess that's easier to accomplish with adults and no kids involved.

• Love 3
On 11/10/2017 at 10:38 PM, Star Aristille said:

When Bonnie asked Christy if she knew of anyone who'd given up pot very easily without prison time, did we ever meet the Jenny (who switched to meth) or Joe (who apparently died) at any point in time?

I can't say for sure, but I really don't think so.

I guess it's safe to say at this point that the makers of the show believe in nontraditional casting? Because the actor who plays Ray is completely implausible as Ellen Burstyn's son (or as Alison Janney's half-brother). And Roscoe clearly couldn't be the biological son of Anna Faris and the guy who played Badger on Breaking Bad.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Jamie Pressley has given birth to her twins so when she returns to work the fat suit should be gone.

Good. I missed the first episode but I saw this one and I really hate the fat suit.  

• Love 2
On 11/12/2017 at 4:34 PM, stewedsquash said:

I still miss Christy's kids and Baxter, also Baxter's girlfriend. I liked each one and how they all played off Christy's character. 

Me too. And I like Ray and Adam, and love the AA ladies. But I've been binging on old eps and I really miss the dynamic with the kids, Baxter, and Candace. I really liked the ep where she's dating Candace's dad. 

• Love 5