Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I know what you're referring to and I don't want to say it on here since it's mean =/

Ok at first I THOUGHT I knew what was being referred to but what I'm thinking isn't actually mean at all..So now I'm confused ?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I think it's the lighting, it's super gummy. 

Im also waiting for someone to say that thing that we've all noticed at auditions but everyone's been too nice to say.....

Please share because I'm not sure what you mean. :P

5 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I'm so tired of seeing the gals who didn't make Finals on IG saying how the lord wanted them here or there or blah blah.  Just accept that you didn't make it!   Why does everything have to happen for a reason etc.  Go get some dance lessons and come back next year. 

I feel the same way, and it kind of ties in to my views on social media in general. I just find it kind of narcissistic when people feel the need to make big public announcements like that. They tend to be the same ones who broadcast everything they do, constantly post selfies, etc. I'm not trying to make blanket statements and say that every girl who makes posts like that is a stuck up narcissist, but it's just not attractive to me. Personally I keep things like that off my social media and I speak about it with friends and family in private. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Anyway, I know this isn't exactly what you were posting about, but it struck a chord with me so I had to share. ??

• Love 1
On 1/10/2017 at 11:30 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Unpopular opinion = Make them do a jump split and kick their nose at auditions. First thing. If they can't do it, show them the door.

I don't care how cute or endearing a girl is, the kick line is the defining factor of DCC, and the jump split is the WOW ending of their signature dances. DCC has been kicking for 40+ years. If a girl doesn't know she can't kick and doesn't have the sense to learn to do a jump split before auditions, she is not prepared. The end. 

Yes! A lot of other teams that don't even have a famous kick line make high kicks the first round... you can fake a lot of things but you can't fake flexibility!

• Love 4

It's not a big deal, just something most of us have noticed and don't want to say it on here since there are influential people reading that we don't want to go away.

13 hours ago, Dlcmom said:

Yes! A lot of other teams that don't even have a famous kick line make high kicks the first round... you can fake a lot of things but you can't fake flexibility!

I agree.  I'd think if this is how they kick at auditions, this is how they've been kicking for a long time.  I don't see how it can be significantly fixed in a matter of weeks (unless the low kicks are temporary as a result of an injury).

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Apparently there is an elephant in the room, and my eyes just can't see it.  Goodness it is hard getting older. 

What's the DCC version of April the giraffe? Waiting drives me nuts.

38 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's not a big deal, just something most of us have noticed and don't want to say it on here since there are influential people reading that we don't want to go away.

Are we just talking about ShellyB's daughter potentially being in training camp (I think she'll make it, but we'll see)? She'll just have to do what Judy did when Cassie auditioned, and excuse herself from that portion of judging, and maybe refrain posting on anything TC related for a few weeks, but no biggie.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Are we just talking about ShellyB's daughter potentially being in training camp (I think she'll make it, but we'll see)? She'll just have to do what Judy did when Cassie auditioned, and excuse herself from that portion of judging, and maybe refrain posting on anything TC related for a few weeks, but no biggie.

Not just that. I'll message you.

14 hours ago, Dlcmom said:

Yeah this to me is like the fact that they wait till the vertu end of TC to do the entrance.  If it's so important teach it early.  If a girl can't get it she's gone and not at the last minute when it's more painful

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I feel the same way, and it kind of ties in to my views on social media in general. I just find it kind of narcissistic when people feel the need to make big public announcements like that. They tend to be the same ones who broadcast everything they do, constantly post selfies, etc. I'm not trying to make blanket statements and say that every girl who makes posts like that is a stuck up narcissist, but it's just not attractive to me. Personally I keep things like that off my social media and I speak about it with friends and family in private. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Anyway, I know this isn't exactly what you were posting about, but it struck a chord with me so I had to share. ??

I agree and I don't agree. I agree sometimes people unnecessarily overshare on social media. At the same time, when the girls state that the Lord didn't want them there etc. it may really just be timing. Sometimes mediocre (a la Yuko) get through because of a quota. They may not be a great dancer but there are several factors to make the squad and they may not have had what DCC was looking for that year. But yes, I've never understood the open diaries on social media. :)

Another possible unpopular opinion: I do not understand why Jasmine made the team. I am not surprise on how she is acting now since she was cut. I think the being a DCC went to her head, and she is riding on her five minutes of fame. Okay...now I wait for rotten tomatoes to be thrown at me. Please be careful of my back since I am going to physical therapy again for pain and stiffness.

Bravo's Andy Cohen should start a new reality show called "America's Sweethearts" following the day-to-day of a select group of DCC, their families, friends, boyfriends, and/or husbands.  Following in the footsteps of the Real Housewives, or the completely inane Southern Charm (which actually lowered my IQ when I watched it for five minutes).  Of course Kelli and Judy would never allow it and for good reason, as they would lose creative control of the brand.  And we've all seen how reality TV can make even seemingly normal people act up and act out in crazy ways.

• Love 1

So no sweet deets for those of us who arent tech savvy.  Gosh, that doesn't sound very fair.  I thought we were all here to discuss every aspect of the DCC?

I miss my fav poster....(can't recall name, what's new).  The writer with the quick wit & acerbic tongue.  She'd undoubtedly have a hilarious & spot on take about this big secret business.

Come on fellow DCC fans!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Annette said:

So no sweet deets for those of us who arent tech savvy.  Gosh, that doesn't sound very fair.  I thought we were all here to discuss every aspect of the DCC?

I miss my fav poster....(can't recall name, what's new).  The writer with the quick wit & acerbic tongue.  She'd undoubtedly have a hilarious & spot on take about this big secret business.

Come on fellow DCC fans!

quitecontrarymoni :( i miss her too!!!! 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Another possible unpopular opinion: I do not understand why Jasmine made the team. I am not surprise on how she is acting now since she was cut. I think the being a DCC went to her head, and she is riding on her five minutes of fame. Okay...now I wait for rotten tomatoes to be thrown at me. Please be careful of my back since I am going to physical therapy again for pain and stiffness.

haha! no tomatoes ;)  I don't think being a DCC went to her head, I think it's the curse of becoming part of "bachelor nation."  90% of the people who go on that show totally change from the experience.  They suddenly get invited to do all sorts of events, are talked about constantly on gossip sites, get paid to shill stupid stuff like gummies for your hair and bombay curling wands.  she's really just doing what everyone else in that franchise does. I don't like it :( BUT...

I still have a soft spot for Jas.  I think she is genuinely a nice girl and I will always remember how bad she wanted to make the team, trying to figure out how to get money for private lessons and still cover rent since she and danielle were paying all their own bills.  I kind of can't blame her for making up for lost time even tho it's kind of frustrating to watch.  

• Love 5

Yes!  Where did my favorite "Contrarian" go?  I can't imagine that we somehow p*ssed her off?!?  She is simply too funny & these auditions are a whole less real without her.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Annette said:

Yes!  Where did my favorite "Contrarian" go?  I can't imagine that we somehow p*ssed her off?!?  She is simply too funny & these auditions are a whole less real without her.

i think she deleted her account because of her new job...i'm pretty sure someone asked her about it off this site and that is what she said. 

Are we speculating that Dayton and Sam are too heavy to be DCC and not wanting to say it because Shelly posts here? I would agree with that on Sam--she definitely needs to tone up, but I think Dayton is beautiful and a fantastic dancer.

• Love 3

It's definitely the "Bachelor Nation" thing. She wasn't this way when she was cut from DCC. I have to wonder if she'll hang out with Dani more now that she's retiring.

(edited)

I don't reside in Texas so, I know none of these women personally.  I am a fan of dance having been a dancer in my youth.  

The realities of the DCC is that the organization has decided to promote their product via the "Making the Team" series.  I have watched for years.  Both Judy & Kelli frequently discuss weight, beauty, etc. 

Anyone whose ever danced professionally knows the realities of this business.  It can be brutal, period.

The DCC administration are obviously aware of our site.  If anyone has a daughter who plans on auditioning, they will be judged.  If they get filmed for the show guess what...judging will happen.  The huge screen has made it much harder for diverse body types to make this team.  Literally everything is seen.  I can personally think of several former DCC who wouldn't make the team based on their figures & their dance ability. The quality of dancer is higher and so is the overall "look".

I have mentioned my feelings about Amy T's hips.  I have mentioned Megan's weight gain.  I have discussed Holly's rookie weight & certainly her subsequent firming up.

I am not changing how I judge these ladies since K & J certainly don't.  If I see a granny face or thunder thighs, I am calling them out! How many gorgeous women had legs too short to wear the boots?  Let's get real!

No one wants/delights in being mean.  If a woman with DCC familial ties is thicker or softer or has heavier legs than the women directly on either side of her....I'm gonna notice & I'm gonna mention it.  Otherwise we are simply propagating hypocrisy.  

I was here during the "Cassie favoritism" period of time.  I thought she initially earned those boots by the skin of her teeth.  The 5th year was "a gift".  She couldn't perform (knee) but had the connections to earn a final go round.  I feel it cost the team from a term of fairness.  Life isn't fair tho & politically speaking "Cassie was connected".

I feel bad for the daughters of former DCC. They truly can't win!  Still - we exist because the organization chose to have a televised show.  I have seen photos of the woman in question.  She has a pretty face & appears to have training.  If her body doesn't cut it....bringing her in will be painful...as in painfully obvious that favoritism trumps appearance when it comes to to DCC "family".

I am so excited for this upcoming season; especially since it has been extended to 13 episodes.  Once the final rookies are named, all bets are off.  I'm judging & I hope that everyone here does the same!  

Edited by Annette
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha! no tomatoes ;)  I don't think being a DCC went to her head, I think it's the curse of becoming part of "bachelor nation."  90% of the people who go on that show totally change from the experience.  They suddenly get invited to do all sorts of events, are talked about constantly on gossip sites, get paid to shill stupid stuff like gummies for your hair and bombay curling wands.  she's really just doing what everyone else in that franchise does. I don't like it :( BUT...

I still have a soft spot for Jas.  I think she is genuinely a nice girl and I will always remember how bad she wanted to make the team, trying to figure out how to get money for private lessons and still cover rent since she and danielle were paying all their own bills.  I kind of can't blame her for making up for lost time even tho it's kind of frustrating to watch.  

You are probably right, but tbh as somebody who hates these shows (im fan of reality tv when there is a "story" behind,like cmt but for me shows like the bachelor is too trashy), i feel that there are only certain types of people who are drawn to participate. You may get the occasional case of somebody who doesn't have other options or whatever, but she chose to take part while she was well aware of what that meant and it's still her choice to keep up with it. That's her right though so if she's genuinely having fun then props to her!

• Love 2

I am surprise we have not seen Vivian on The Bachelor yet. She was foaming at the mouth when they announced Melissa was the new mentor, and of course, the fact Melissa was on The Bachelor and DTWS. I think Chelsea might have ended up on the show too if she was not dating.

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am surprise we have not seen Vivian on The Bachelor yet. She was foaming at the mouth when they announced Melissa was the new mentor, and of course, the fact Melissa was on The Bachelor and DTWS. I think Chelsea might have ended up on the show too if she was not dating.

I don't think Chelsea dating would stop her from being in The Bachelor, if she had the opportunity. Viv would be very dramatic, so probably good for ratings. I despise that show. It's become legalized prostitution, and I refuse to watch.

I have a feeling Jasmine, and probably more girls than we realize, are more like Jasmine is now, and just mask it with the 'yes, ma'am, I'm just sweet little ole me who loves the Cowboys'  to make the team. 

• Love 6

this makes me giddy, really excited to get a full tour of the new studio (if that day ever comes).  If they're still in VR during training camp I'm protesting. :P

IMG_1574.PNG

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have a feeling Jasmine, and probably more girls than we realize, are more like Jasmine is now, and just mask it with the 'yes, ma'am, I'm just sweet little ole me who loves the Cowboys'  to make the team. 

Oh I'm sure! These are 30+ girls who are used to be no1 in their studio, prom queens, all the attention on them, be competitive etc. there's no way all of them are perfectly nice.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Oh I'm sure! These are 30+ girls who are used to be no1 in their studio, prom queens, all the attention on them, be competitive etc. there's no way all of them are perfectly nice.

You would think that would make them nice right? They'd have the confidence in themselves and feel like they don't have to prove anything? I've always found it weird that the top girls tend to be "mean."

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I totally agree! She never sat right with me. I never really liked her to be honest. And then when she went on the bachelor, I just lost all respect for her. She as weird on that show! 

• Love 4