Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Kelli said that Ashley barely made it into training camp during one of her interviews (talking heads, is that what they are called?) Gosh she was/is adorable. 

I will always love Ashley after Kitty singled her out and made her dance repeatedly by herself in front of the whole TC. The girl took the heat and all the harsh critiques and showed her strong backbone. The girl is a brainiac and is smokin hot. One of my favs! 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

lol same...I love that routine! They are having SO much fun and it shows! 

I think that's why I like it so much, it's really fun and not just another dance that they go through training camp performing like 20 times a week.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:27 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I usually undertand Kittyese, but have no idea what that even means.

I thought she meant she may not have been svelte like a dancer should be, but she was very talented moving her non-svelte "from the knees up" self.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

I like that they did the hip hop routine, but I actually didn't care for the choreography itself.  I agree that it seemed basic. Let 'em do some DCRB stuff here and really go for it.

I could never understand the appeal of  Alexandra and Ashley Pro from Season 9. I do not think they were all that attractive and could not dance. I guess male appeal and being a Kelli favorite can help you stay longer in TC before getting cut or making the team.

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread for this.  Aren't the DCC supposed to tweet exclusively from their @DCC_ handles once they make the team?  I noticed that DCC_Megan is tweeting from 2 different accounts.  Her official one and another one I found.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
removed content

I'm a lurker on this board, coming out of lurkdom to ask if anyone has stumbled across the 2000 movie, Dr. T and the Women:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0205271/fullcredits

I randomly watched it on Starz yesterday, and was shocked to discover a DCC storyline complete with KELLI AND JUDY PLAYING THEMSELVES.  There are several scenes at DCC practice, including Kelli telling a very young Kate Hudson, "Come see me in my office," for the sin of answering her phone during practice.  I didn't watch the whole thing, but I couldn't help but pass along this gem to you guys.

Also, both Kelli and Judy look amazing in their scenes.   

• Love 2

Interesting, they said on snapchat they were going to Bimini. I wonder if Jasmine told them about Bimini from the bachelor because usually they go to mexico.

3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread for this.  Aren't the DCC supposed to tweet exclusively from their @DCC_ handles once they make the team?  I noticed that DCC_Megan is tweeting from 2 different accounts.  Her official one and this one

I don't believe they necessarily have to. 

55 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Interesting, they said on snapchat they were going to Bimini. I wonder if Jasmine told them about Bimini from the bachelor because usually they go to mexico.

I thought they were going to the Bahamas. Bimini sounds amazing!

Just now, AnnMichele said:

I thought they were going to the Bahamas. Bimini sounds amazing!

If I recall from the Bachelor, Bimini is in the bahamas? LOL

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

If I recall from the Bachelor, Bimini is in the bahamas? LOL

WOW. Can't believe I didn't know/realize that. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm gonna go study my Caribbean maps a little more. 

WOW. Can't believe I didn't know/realize that. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm gonna go study my Caribbean maps a little more. 

Trust me, I had no idea there even was a Bimini until the bachelor lol

Maybe Caribbean geography would be a good panel interview question this year!

Geography in general would be a good interview question since I'd fail easily at a question about Geography lol

3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread for this.  Aren't the DCC supposed to tweet exclusively from their @DCC_ handles once they make the team?  I noticed that DCC_Megan is tweeting from 2 different accounts.  Her official one and this one

I don't remember where I read this but after the Melissa/Jason Witten tackle and a stalker incident, official twitters were set up for the girls to use for "the public" and then they can keep their personal twitters for family and friends.  There were several fake Melissa Kellerman accounts and she was supposed to have said other things besides the quote used in the social media seminar.

Off topic, but I can't believe people have the nerve to do something like that.  After Paul Walker died, there were a lot of fake social media accounts set up by people using his daughter's name.

8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I could never understand the appeal of  Alexandra and Ashley Pro from Season 9. I do not think they were all that attractive and could not dance. I guess male appeal and being a Kelli favorite can help you stay longer in TC before getting cut or making the team.

Me neither.  I especially didn't care for Ashley Pro, she seemed nice enough but maybe not terribly bright- though it is hard to tell from these interviews and such where they're nervous and aren't really sure what to say.  A lot of people seemed to really like her look, though.  Different strokes and all that.

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

If it's private how did I see the retweeted tweet?

I have no idea, all I know is when I followed the link it said that the account is private.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

My guess is Bimini is doing a marketing blitz so they incentivise these shows/groups to come and they get publicity.  It's obviously working because none of us had heard of it until recently. 

10 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

My guess is Bimini is doing a marketing blitz so they incentivise these shows/groups to come and they get publicity.  It's obviously working because none of us had heard of it until recently. 

That could very well be true. 

28 minutes ago, lindsayz18 said:

unpopular opinion- Current Dcc kelsey is not pretty, at all, she has a very angular face and looks like a man. she does have nice eyes though

I'll see myself out before i get items thrown at me.

Everyone sees beauty differently. I am not surprised that some don't find Kelsey attractive. No items will be thrown from my direction! :)

The man comment was kind of mean, but I'm not going to throw things at you for differing opinions lol

I think Kelsey's looks is what got her on the team. I also think she was brought in for the storyline from last year aka the Comeback Girls. Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte seem to bring in girls who have tried out two or more times into TC. The girls either make the team and get cut the next season if they try out again, or they cut in TC, and a few get the ole you gave it a good run, but there is no chance of you making the team speech. I am not saying Kelsey is not attractive, but I do think male and fan appeal is the main reason why she made the team. She has got the Kelli kiss of death expression aka she has potential and this is the reason why she made it. We all have seen in the last few seasons what this can do to the chance of making the team again for a few girls.

Kat must have been one hell of a dancer because i think she is less attractive than that gal in Season 4, Megan Martinez (who wasn't cute either), who got cut for not being attractive.  I think she was cut in season 11 for being unattractive.  Her outfit wasn't nearly as risque as 95% of the other candidates during the interview process btw.   Creeping back out of thread now....

• Love 1

I don't think she was attractive either. Kat and Kelli Q are the same age I think and Kelli Q is quite prettier.

I always thought Kat was cute as a button, if in her own way. But I did think she was too tiny for the uniform. Her legs are just so slim. 

For what it's worth, I liked her pink interview dress too. Maybe not the best choice because of the cutouts and it made her look even thinner, but the color was fab ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Kelli Q is quite prettier

So I guess my UO is that Kelli Q is not even remotely pretty & looks like she's in her 40s...I'm in my 40s so I can say that :).  Every time I see her, I think of the Mystery Science Theater episode Space Mutiny.  The lead actress in it was 34 & looked like an old lady...there was a scene where she was dancing in a night club and they riffed: "Don't you hate it when the chaperones dance with the students?"

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

So I guess my UO is that Kelli Q is not even remotely pretty & looks like she's in her 40s...I'm in my 40s so I can say that :).  Every time I see her, I think of the Mystery Science Theater episode Space Mutiny.  The lead actress in it was 34 & looked like an old lady...there was a scene where she was dancing in a night club and they riffed: "Don't you hate it when the chaperones dance with the students?"

LOL I think Kelli overdoes her makeup and it makes her look older, plus the abs make her look older as well. I just think in comparison to Kat that Kelli is prettier.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:20 AM, TiaGrace said:

I will always love Ashley after Kitty singled her out and made her dance repeatedly by herself in front of the whole TC. The girl took the heat and all the harsh critiques and showed her strong backbone. The girl is a brainiac and is smokin hot. One of my favs! 

I agree, I think Ashley F. was one of the most underrated DCCs.

7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Kelsey's looks is what got her on the team. I also think she was brought in for the storyline from last year aka the Comeback Girls. Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte seem to bring in girls who have tried out two or more times into TC. The girls either make the team and get cut the next season if they try out again, or they cut in TC, and a few get the ole you gave it a good run, but there is no chance of you making the team speech. I am not saying Kelsey is not attractive, but I do think male and fan appeal is the main reason why she made the team. She has got the Kelli kiss of death expression aka she has potential and this is the reason why she made it. We all have seen in the last few seasons what this can do to the chance of making the team again for a few girls.

I want to see a season with she girls who made TC, got cut and come back, make TC and the team.

Season 2 : Natalie W, Candice C.

Season 4: Brandi, Sunni, and Joannah 

Season 6: Brittney S, Courtney C, and Alex H 

These girls were some of my faves who I rooted for.

• Love 1
(edited)

All this talk about who is pretty and who isn't. I think so-and-so is gorgeous. Oh yeah? I think she looks old. We do seem to go round and round.

It got me thinking about something I read in "Deep in the Heart of Texas" years ago. I dug out my old copy and found it:

"Each girl's "look" was part of the big scheme, the heart of the Cheerleaders' image. That's how Suzanne was able to plug into the fans' obsessions. She was a genius at making it work.

Each girl appealed to a certain segment of the crowd. There was the long-haired blonde, the girl with the ponytail, the pigtail girl, the tall brunette, the perky little brunette, the bouncy blonde, the sultry redhead, the freckle-faced strawberry blonde, the African-American girl, the Asian girl, the short girl, the tall girl. There was the quiet one, the sexy one, the sporty one, and the dark and mysterious one. Suzanne had one of every kind...The squad was made up of so many different types that just about everybody's fantasy could be fulfilled.
...As Suzanne got rid of one girl, she filled her spot with a look-alike. The clone of that obsession. In tryouts she would put together two girls who were similar. The best of the two would be selected. Even if both were sensational it didn't matter. She replaced girls with other girls as if she were replacing parts in a machine."

Anyway, although that was written long before Kelli took over, and although it's not exactly great literature, I do believe that that was strategy, and that a variation on it still guides the selection process today. Kelli knows it's impossible to find 36 women who are universally beautiful to everyone AND can dance. Like Suzanne, Kelli purposely chooses a variety of looks. But it's not to assemble a team that is beautiful to every fan - let's face it, that's impossible.  The point is to choose women who each appeal to a different segment of the fan base so that every fan can find one or two they find beautiful, one who can be their favorite. It's one of the reasons she has such a wide variety of judges. She does a masterful job of it. She's tapping into that weird aspect of human nature that has us always wanting to choose a team, someone we like best and will defend, even though we know next to nothing about them. It's Team Edward vs Team Jacob. Except with cleavage and sparkly poms. 

So I like Tasha but a lot of people don't. There are other cheerleaders people think are gorgeous, but I just don't get what they see that I don't. I reckon that's kinda the way it's supposed to work.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 12

Eh, it doesn't bother me. I'm sure she's doing it for a number of reasons, just like everyone else. And some of those reasons are less than noble. Just like everyone else. I do believe that part of her motivation is her daughter. Maybe not her primary reason. Maybe not even a big reason. But a reason nonetheless. Plus, she's no dummy and realized that the show runners had decided that her angle was "young mom." I'm sure that had something to do with it too.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

All this talk about who is pretty and who isn't. I think so-and-so is gorgeous. Oh yeah? I think she looks old. We do seem to go round and round.

It got me thinking about something I read in "Deep in the Heart of Texas" years ago. I dug out my old copy and found it:

Anyway, although that was written long before Kelli took over, and although it's not exactly great literature, I do believe that that was strategy, and that a variation on it still guides the selection process today. Kelli knows it's impossible to find 36 women who are universally beautiful to everyone AND can dance. Like Suzanne, Kelli purposely chooses a variety of looks. But it's not to assemble a team that is beautiful to every fan - let's face it, that's impossible.  The point is to choose women who each appeal to a different segment of the fan base so that every fan can find one or two they find beautiful, one who can be their favorite. It's one of the reasons she has such a wide variety of judges. She does a masterful job of it. She's tapping into that weird aspect of human nature that has us always wanting to choose a team, someone we like best and will defend, even though we know next to nothing about them. It's Team Edward vs Team Jacob. Except with cleavage and sparkly poms. 

So I like Tasha but a lot of people don't. There are other cheerleaders people think are gorgeous, but I just don't get what they see that I don't. I reckon that's kinda the way it's supposed to work.

Love this! I completely agree. 

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:06 PM, ByTor said:

Nope, I'm totally with you.  She seems very very turkey jerky looking if that makes sense - muscle sinewy and dry = aged look.  Plus I just don't think she has pretty features but that's just my opinion

16 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

OMG Team Edward for sure!!!  Sorry ... off topic