Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 7/16/2017 at 5:28 PM, QuiteCalM said:

AAAAHHH I LOVE YOU ROSIE! What I wouldn't give to go to a DCC event and do makeup. Hell, just intern and watch! I'd gladly bring the Starbucks LOL!

Are you a makeup artist? If so, thats awsome! I actually sell make up.  I wonder if we get to see more of Tobie again this year, maybe they can mention that she was a 5 yr DCC or at least a former DCC, something.

• Love 1

I couldn't get through half of Kelsey's video. It underscored what seems to me an annoying level of self absorption. Doesn't everyone want to watch me riding in a car? Having my picture taken in front of a bridge? Yes, she's very pretty and seems fun. But I couldn't watch more than 3 minutes of her in that video. I did like seeing their little stop at the Magnolia silo in Waco, though! 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I couldn't get through half of Kelsey's video. It underscored what seems to me an annoying level of self absorption. Doesn't everyone want to watch me riding in a car? Having my picture taken in front of a bridge? Yes, she's very pretty and seems fun. But I couldn't watch more than 3 minutes of her in that video. I did like seeing their little stop at the Magnolia silo in Waco, though! 

Literally every vlogger ever. I guess if I had a super awesome life I'd want to document it too, but the worst ones are the super rich/famous youtubers that flaunt their fourth vacation in a year or buying their third car. 

• Love 2
Just now, M1977G said:

Maybe my takeaway here is that I don't watch vlogs and don't have much interest in them in general....

It's definitely not for everyone. I never saw the point of watching someone's entire day, that just seems so...invasive? Sorry mods, I'm done ?

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Literally every vlogger ever. I guess if I had a super awesome life I'd want to document it too, but the worst ones are the super rich/famous youtubers that flaunt their fourth vacation in a year or buying their third car. 

Agree with this mostly. I've been watching Julien Solomita for a long time (Jenna Marbles' boyfriend) and he's super humble and just a funny interesting guy. I love his vlogs, but usually can't stand other Youtubers who do it. I was mildly annoyed at the Brodie/Kelsey vlog, but only mildly since I do love Kelsey. I guess it makes it more tolerable when you are already a fan of someone.

Hi everyone, a long-time lurker here -- LOL. I've been marathoning all the old seasons of Making the Team on the CMT iPad app and had gotten to the final ep of season 5 this morning... but then the app crashed (per usual) and when I went to resume the episode, ALL THE OLD SEASONS WERE GONE!!!! Only seasons 10-11 are on there now! Is anyone else experiencing this? I am so sad right now. :( 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, drunkonchocolate said:

Hi everyone, a long-time lurker here -- LOL. I've been marathoning all the old seasons of Making the Team on the CMT iPad app and had gotten to the final ep of season 5 this morning... but then the app crashed (per usual) and when I went to resume the episode, ALL THE OLD SEASONS WERE GONE!!!! Only seasons 10-11 are on there now! Is anyone else experiencing this? I am so sad right now. :( 

I just checked the the app on our galaxy tab and they're all still there for me, maybe try resetting the app, delete and redownload it

1 minute ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I just checked the the app on our galaxy tab and they're all still there for me, maybe try resetting the app, delete and redownload it

I just deleted and redownloaded, still nada. Thanks though :( 

1 minute ago, spazette said:

@drunkonchocolate it happened to me too! Was halfway through season 6 last night, this morning I only have seasons 10 and 11. Boo!! 

NOOOOO! Blah, I was so excited to watch season 6 too. Mackenzie Lee was my fave!

42 minutes ago, drunkonchocolate said:

Yes that happened to me as well?

5 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Are you a makeup artist? If so, thats awsome! I actually sell make up.  I wonder if we get to see more of Tobie again this year, maybe they can mention that she was a 5 yr DCC or at least a former DCC, something.

I am. Licensed esthetician, make up artist and most recently, lash extension artist! What kind of makeup do you sell? Probably want to answer that in Small Talk LOL...

I'm glad you share my Tobie fixation....

5 hours ago, drunkonchocolate said:

4 hours ago, spazette said:

@drunkonchocolate it happened to me too! Was halfway through season 6 last night, this morning I only have seasons 10 and 11. Boo!! 

I just checked and only have seasons 10 & 11. So glad I watched season 1 twice before it disappeared! Luckily I own seasons 3-11 and 2 is on DVD. 

• Love 1

@cherryblossom I also have Comcast. You can log into your Xfinity account via CMT's app and watch the past seasons. If you want to watch the show on your TV, you'll have to call Comcast and add the stupid sports package the CMT channel got put into. I did this last year and got a really nice representative. I explained to her the situation and she was able to add the sports package for a discounted rate of $5/mo! (I think it might be because I've used Comcast for nearly a decade?)

1 hour ago, drunkonchocolate said:

@cherryblossom I also have Comcast. You can log into your Xfinity account via CMT's app and watch the past seasons. If you want to watch the show on your TV, you'll have to call Comcast and add the stupid sports package the CMT channel got put into. I did this last year and got a really nice representative. I explained to her the situation and she was able to add the sports package for a discounted rate of $5/mo! (I think it might be because I've used Comcast for nearly a decade?)

Thanks for the info plus I just found out that I can access my amazon copies of most of the seasons through the new TV my husband gave me.  It has been great with my recovery from surgery and now from a knee issue!

• Love 1

Lots of pictures of the DCC with Cowboys at a big signing at a military fort on DCC Twitter page. I don't know how to post from my phone, sorry! The ladies look great and the players are pretty snazzy in their suits!

It was an event like this they showed one season with Mia and one of the players, and Mia was able to name all the teams he'd played for. Aw, Mia! She was a great DCC and I'm so happy for her to be an expectant mother. Do I recall correctly that Mia and some other great retired vets filmed a night at training camp earlier this summer?? Please tell me I'm right! And please show it on the show! I'd love to see some older vets at a DCC event that is something other than the fashion show. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I was surprised to see Holly make a mistake in the middle

It's a new routine, Oxnard is good to get all the kinks out I guess. Last year I remember Kelli and Mandy made a few mistakes too (but they were rookies). I really like Neecies choreography for this. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Annette said:

Uh....I saw several mistakes by Holly. WTF?!?

I couldn't tell if they were mistakes or if it was supposed to be like that because the routine has everyone doing different things at different times. I hate routines like that.

Oxnard videos!! Yaaas! Loved seeing Kashara and Stephanie make show group!

But man, not a fan of the formation. Okok, I question the triangle every year (LOL) but this is first year that I think it looks bad.  Before would be more like oh if only Emma had been point over Holly, Jackie over Whitney, and last year was Megan in Erica's spot and then Erica behind Melissa or Jenna. So all just wishful improvements to a pretty good looking formation, but man this year looks really bad with Lacey being very tall and Jenna very short. It might look better if they swap, or swap Kashara and Jenna (thought doubt it based on seniority), ok at the very least swap Jinelle and Kashara so atleast its tall short tall!! 

(edited)
On 7/18/2017 at 7:27 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Kelsey (and some dude named Brodie /s) are vlogging now. 

They are adorable together. I must say this. I really like Kelsey but I'm really NEEDED HER TO KNOW that its BREASTSTROKE and NOT BREATH STROKE! lololol. She reminded me of 50 yard line Kelsey with that conversation!!

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I couldn't tell if they were mistakes or if it was supposed to be like that because the routine has everyone doing different things at different times. I hate routines like that.

Exactly my thoughts. I watched it a few times and honestly didnt see any Holly mistakes, she seemed be doing the same moves as the other girls in her line. Also, I was watching Tasha...closely. She isn't bad. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Freaking JENNA is getting it!

Love all the new choreography - but where is Jinelle?  She's a 4 year veteran, right?  Why isn't she up front with Jenna et al?  I kept losing sight of her....  i think it'd be great if someone other than holly got that spot light spot in the middle - the 50 yard line girl... mix it up...

Me and my hawk eyes were watching Tasha....  lol... sigh.  she's a great dancer... but to me she blended with the other blonds...  and I love Stephanie, but can totally see why she got the weight warning....  soft!

Doesn't the show start next Wednesday?  Would they start it without having finished filming?  I'm bored.  sigh.  Spoilers, i want spoilers!  omg

7 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

Love all the new choreography - but where is Jinelle?  She's a 4 year veteran, right?  Why isn't she up front with Jenna et al?  I kept losing sight of her....  i think it'd be great if someone other than holly got that spot light spot in the middle - the 50 yard line girl... mix it up...

Me and my hawk eyes were watching Tasha....  lol... sigh.  she's a great dancer... but to me she blended with the other blonds...  and I love Stephanie, but can totally see why she got the weight warning....  soft!

Doesn't the show start next Wednesday?  Would they start it without having finished filming?  I'm bored.  sigh.  Spoilers, i want spoilers!  omg

She ought to be, but it always seems like they don't give her any shine smh

When it comes to showgroup I don't think seniority puts you up front over performance ability. Jinelle isn't the strongest on showgroup so that's why she's off to the side probably. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

In the second video there's a blonde on the left whose arm movements look off  Is that Kelli? 

Not sure which one you meant but from l to r it's Tasha, Kashara (front), Kelli (back). 

27 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not sure which one you meant but from l to r it's Tasha, Kashara (front), Kelli (back). 

When they 1st go out and do 2 rows, she's 3rd from the left (our left) in the back row.

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

When it comes to showgroup I don't think seniority puts you up front over performance ability. Jinelle isn't the strongest on showgroup so that's why she's off to the side probably. 

I think you're right. I noticed that Cersten was up front and this is her first year with show group. I assume height plays a factor as well.

• Love 1

Perhaps they put the girls who are best at the style of whatever routine they are doing, in a more visible place. Those two routines are more hip hop style and would place Maddie, Cersten, Holly and maybe Stephanie in front and I think Jinelle, Tasha and others are more suited for the fun pom style that's hard for me to put a description on, but it's the DCC style that I am used to and the style of dance that I like watching them perform the most. I like those upbeat, flirty, and sassy dances that are more feminine but still have technique and skill involved. Like the ones they do consistently over the years but slightly adjust the choreo to stay relevant with today. An example ; the one they had on season 6 when it was the 1st dance they taught.  I call this one the Pac Man dance since they have used it with so many different songs and the routine they did in the past to Shakin that Tailgate and last year to Crank it up.  That's just my personal style. I think they are good at performing all styles though and those routines are more quick sharp movements with a lil "That's right I'm bringin it!" attitude. Definitely a different level!

7 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Two girls are circled on her sheet on the right. Two chicken tacos and a gold star for whoever is able to tell me who. 

The one reminds me of Gina... the other has dark hair so I am thinking Alex

8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Two girls are circled on her sheet on the right. Two chicken tacos and a gold star for whoever is able to tell me who. 

Glad to see a familiar member still here. I am unable to see clearly these photos even with my screen zoomed is as far as it will go.  I am thinking maybe Rachel or possibly one of the comeback girls. Those are just random guesses because it's hard to tell.

56 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Who has the "X" through her picture on left side, bottom row?

Looks like it is in alphabetical order since Yuko is last and Kelsey is before her so someone with a first name towards the end of the alphabet 

• Love 1