Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, AnnMichele said:

Wowee! I went to order a magazine but shipping is $6!!!

Get the digital version, it's only a few bucks!

This is a rare clip of a holiday halftime from Texas Stadium.  I posted it here since I don't remember which thread it was about Jacie auditioning for the Rockettes but this made me think it that discussion.  The kickline has a Rockettish thing going on.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

This is a rare clip of a holiday halftime from Texas Stadium.  I posted it here since I don't remember which thread it was about Jacie auditioning for the Rockettes but this made me think it that discussion.  The kickline has a Rockettish thing going on.

Dang. Texie gives me the WILLIES. 

props to the choreo and staging. Pyrotechnics in perfect time with the kicks, that's no joke! 

20 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

o This is a rare clip of a holiday halftime from Texas Stadium.  I posted it here since I don't remember which thread it was about Jacie auditioning for the Rockettes but this made me think it that discussion.  The kickline has a Rockettish thing going on.

That's the clip that's "supposedly" shows Loni Lindsey leaving the field just before the kick line. If you watch @ 1:05 you see someone running off the field in the upper right corner. The video says it's from 2007 which is the year she was a rookie.

9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That's the clip that's "supposedly" shows Loni Lindsey leaving the field just before the kick line. If you watch @ 1:05 you see someone running off the field in the upper right corner. The video says it's from 2007 which is the year she was a rookie.

That's right!!! Poor loni. You say "supposedly". Do you have another theory? I'm really just wondering, I always thought it was law that that was the story with that video lol. 

28 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

That's right!!! Poor loni. You say "supposedly". Do you have another theory? I'm really just wondering, I always thought it was law that that was the story with that video lol. 

I just said it because we can't tell whose actually running off the field. No other theories.  It's most likely her because of the year (2007)  and what others have said on the old TWOP forums.

35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I just said it because we can't tell whose actually running off the field. No other theories.  It's most likely her because of the year (2007)  and what others have said on the old TWOP forums.

Oh OK gotcha. 

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is there a story behind this that I'm missing?

18 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Is there a story behind this that I'm missing?

SO! Loni Lindsey was rumored to have been a bad kicker. SO bad, that it is suspected that this video shows her running off the field before kickline because she is not capable of kicking. I believe this is pure speculation, but I wasn't around for the TWoP days so some here may have more confirmed knowledge than I.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Aww, I like Texie.  I think she is adorable!

Ha!! I thought she was cute in pictures too. Something about seeing her in motion. The scale I think. I just...the brain tries to find scale and make sense and mine can't, it weirds me out. 

(edited)

Totally remember that from TWOP.  And then in one of the later seasons, Kelli said to someone (maybe Monster Truck Taylor), "if we could just have you do everything but the kickline.....but we can't have a cheerleader just run off before the kickline starts."  And I was thinking, hmmm except for Loni.

Edited by atxdccfan
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, atxdccfan said:

Totally remember that from TWOP.  And then in one of the later seasons, Kelli said to someone (maybe Monster Truck Taylor), "if we could just have you do everything but the kickline.....but we can't have a cheerleader just run off before the kickline starts."  And I was thinking, hmmm except for Loni.

What is TWOP? They did say that to Taylor, and I feel like it was implied that they were going to cut Mackenzie had she not improved. I think Brittany Evans was mack's saving grace! 

8 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

What is TWOP? They did say that to Taylor, and I feel like it was implied that they were going to cut Mackenzie had she not improved. I think Brittany Evans was mack's saving grace! 

Television Without Pity, the forum a bunch of us used to post on until it shut down. Believe it or not, it was even more heavily moderated than this one.

Oops, said that out loud. Bye.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Television Without Pity, the forum a bunch of us used to post on until it shut down. Believe it or not, it was even more heavily moderated than this one.

Oops, said that out loud. Bye.

It sounded like a dance move like twerk+wop! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

It sounded like a dance move like twerk+wop! 

I mean we could probably make that a thing. @RazzleberryPie you're a dancer, right? Make this a thing.

I'm officially obsessed with Kelsey's new relationship. They are hilarious.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Loni blows Yuko out of the water with the "how did she make it with that dance ability - who does she know?" factor. Yuko can kick and didn't end up in the front row as a rookie for the group photo.

And at least Loni spoke English and looked like a damn DCC.

• Love 4

C'mon, now! Yuko is the size of a piece of thread with muscles and has a beautiful face. She reminds me of Yoshiko Django from Season 1. These women who speak English as a second language and come to tryout have a dream bigger than their own culture and that's nothing to be sniffed at. I know you were referring to her dance abilities but I like how the DCC picks dancers outside the blonde haired blue eyed archetype. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I mean we could probably make that a thing. @RazzleberryPie you're a dancer, right? Make this a thing.

I'm officially obsessed with Kelsey's new relationship. They are hilarious.

BRODIE!!  He was on the Amazing Race last year with his best friend... they were the team to beat until they got U-TURNED and couldn't recover... he had a little fling/cuddle thing with one of the other contestants (father/daughter team)...  he's hilarious and a great, solid guy apparently.  Good for Kelsey.  She deserves some lightness and fun....

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, ahndreeeah said:

BRODIE!!  He was on the Amazing Race last year with his best friend... they were the team to beat until they got U-TURNED and couldn't recover... he had a little fling/cuddle thing with one of the other contestants (father/daughter team)...  he's hilarious and a great, solid guy apparently.  Good for Kelsey.  She deserves some lightness and fun....

i also see he is good friends with Shawn Johnson's husband?! world is sooo small lol 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilRedHerring said:

C'mon, now! Yuko is the size of a piece of thread with muscles and has a beautiful face. She reminds me of Yoshiko Django from Season 1. These women who speak English as a second language and come to tryout have a dream bigger than their own culture and that's nothing to be sniffed at. I know you were referring to her dance abilities but I like how the DCC picks dancers outside the blonde haired blue eyed archetype. 

Confession = I thought Yoshiko was a terrible dancer too, and don't think she had DCC looks. She was extremely plain to me. She could speak English, though. 

I think Yuko looks like a DCC, and is gorgeous, but she can't dance. Yoshiko does dance like Yuko - like a little kid who is stiff and tight, not fluid at all. Power and projection  come off as jerky and restrained. Maybe that's how they teach Western style lyrical etc. in Japan. Ballet should be standard anywhere in the world, so no excuse for that. 

Loni seems like a nice girl and is gorgeous, and she could dance better than those two, but of the kickline is The Be All, End All, Loni had terrible kicks and couldn't do a real split. Plus landing front row in the group photo as a rookie? Who did she know?

anyway, thanks for the find. This should probably move to former DCC threads.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LilRedHerring said:

First, I'm not sniffing at her. Second, I'm not obligated to praise her international vision quest each time I critique her. Third, I'm not saying she has to have blonde hair and blue eyes.

I maintain my opinion. Not dcc material in looks, dancing or ability to effectively communicate in the country in which she works, within her chosen field.

Respectfully, this has nothing to do with the American dream and everything to do with her current set of assets as they  pertain to what she's currently doing. 

• Love 10

Wow! My last video post led to some interesting comments.  This video may be old news because it's an older video and I usually would not watch another video of Thunderstruck especially from behind but some of comments led me to watch and I was shocked. This fool in the non Cowboys uniform.........

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Wow! My last video post led to some interesting comments.  This video may be old news because it's an older video and I usually would not watch another video of Thunderstruck especially from behind but some of comments led me to watch and I was shocked. This fool in the non Cowboys uniform.........

Wowwwww. That was quite disrespectful. He didn't have to toss the poms and run into them while they were performing.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

First, I'm not sniffing at her. Second, I'm not obligated to praise her international vision quest each time I critique her. Third, I'm not saying she has to have blonde hair and blue eyes.

I maintain my opinion. Not dcc material in looks, dancing or ability to effectively communicate in the country in which she works, within her chosen field.

Respectfully, this has nothing to do with the American dream and everything to do with her current set of assets as they  pertain to what she's currently doing. 

While i 100% disagree with your critique of Yukons qualifications to be a DCC - i do whole heartedly believe  that you should be able to share your opinions here.  Thank you for doing so.

Regardless of what we think about Yuko - the judges and K&J etc chose her to be a DCC.  I like her being from a different country, and I don't care that she doesn't speak English (which btw is an amalgamation of multiple languages and dialects and is not easy to learn at all).  Everyone has a different idea of what an "American Sweetheart" looks like.  

Plus she has skills - dancing, confidence, intelligence, nerve, and persistence that regardless of her nationality are to me admirable.  I can't imagine picking up and moving to a foreign country where i don't speak the language to follow my dreams.  More power to her.  I like Yuko.  Gooooooo YUKO!

• Love 8
(edited)

I had to watch that video twice to believe what my eyes were seeing. That is incredibly disrespectful and rude. I hope someone said something to him about that. Was that really necessary? I would have liked to see how the girls recovered and got their poms. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I had to watch that video twice to believe what my eyes were seeing. That is incredibly disrespectful and rude. I hope someone said something to him about that. Was that really necessary? I would have liked to see how the girls recovered and got their poms. 

This video has been discussed at length before. I think the consensus was that everyone is there for the football and the players' needs to warm up, practice etc take priority over whatever entertainment is going on. *shrugs* 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

This video has been discussed at length before. I think the consensus was that everyone is there for the football and the players' needs to warm up, practice etc take priority over whatever entertainment is going on. *shrugs* 

Yup. I remember that lengthy discussion. No reason for that kicker to not toss the poms under the girls, which could've injured somebody, but it was pretty much another case of the 7+ figures the game brings in trumps the 4 or 5 figures the cheerleaders cost per game. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Wowwwww. That was quite disrespectful. He didn't have to toss the poms and run into them while they were performing.

Omg that was so freaking rude... my blood is boiling! He needs a good old fashioned ass whoopin! Asshole 

sorry (not sorry) for cursing lol

Edited by mcmrdh
"Apology" for cursing
  • Love 7
(edited)

How or why he thought he was allowed to do that is beyond me. Players have ample time to practice on the field. The cheerleaders dance is four freaking minutes, his coaches and teammates should be ashamed. It's amazing no one was injured. The fact that he even kicked the ball with 30+ people in front of him shows how cocky he is. There have been plenty of missed kicks and he could be in deep shiz if one of them was actually hit.

Sorry, #mommanonovibes rant. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
English be hard when I'm angry
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

While i 100% disagree with your critique of Yukons qualifications to be a DCC - i do whole heartedly believe  that you should be able to share your opinions here.  Thank you for doing so.

Regardless of what we think about Yuko - the judges and K&J etc chose her to be a DCC.  I like her being from a different country, and I don't care that she doesn't speak English (which btw is an amalgamation of multiple languages and dialects and is not easy to learn at all).  Everyone has a different idea of what an "American Sweetheart" looks like.  

Plus she has skills - dancing, confidence, intelligence, nerve, and persistence that regardless of her nationality are to me admirable.  I can't imagine picking up and moving to a foreign country where i don't speak the language to follow my dreams.  More power to her.  I like Yuko.  Gooooooo YUKO!

As a non native speaker, english is actually one of the easiest languages to learn. Especially compared to japanese or greek. It may be hard to pronounce everything correctly and have stellar grammar, but try prounouncing correctly even one scandinavian,arabic or even french word. But anyway it's not about sounding american or british or not making minor mistakes that even native speakers make. There is a difference between not making complete sentences and just struggling with a few things. And again, since everyone outside of the english speaking countries are required to learn english just to be part of the business world, i can't see anything admirable in having the dream to move to the us or uk without putting in the effort to learn the language first. Maybe i'm too harsh on her exactly because i'm coming from a country where young people are essentially forced to move away and have to learn the language -otherwise they have no chance getting a job-so i can't understand how anyone would make the decision to move away from the home just because they want to and not making the effort to prepare for it. And well i don't see how girls with humor and wit like Kelsey could get cut for being an ambassador risk when a mediocre dancer who can't be an ambassador at all had no trouble getting a spot.

7 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Who said that? Like he couldn't warm up in a different part of a huge field? He had to be between the dancers for some reason? 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I see. I still think his actions are ridiculous. If thats how much they value the cheerleaders why even have them perform at all. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Omg that was so freaking rude... my blood is boiling! He needs a good old fashioned ass whoopin! Asshole 

sorry (not sorry) for cursing lol

i couldn't tell if this was Brittany or Mack that he threw the Poms under, but that is abuse! First of all he is not God's gift to football (clearly) arrogant ass!  Get over yourself! This is why I love professional sports but hate professional players!  "Don't hate the players hate the game" I'm the opposite

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I see. I still think his actions are ridiculous. If thats how much they value the cheerleaders why even have them perform at all. 

I am a football fan, a dad, has taken dance! I would be really freaking pissed off if one of those girls got injured.  Or heaven forbid they kick him. Bahahaha that would've been amazing! 

Edited by Jaxratchet
Difference between taken dance and being a dancer
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

I don't make concessions for people's shortcomings when it's something they can change. Language is something you can learn. The deaf girl we were talking about in another thread? Different story. Had the look, the personality, could communicate and speak better than Yuko (AND SHE WAS DEAF), and made it her business to know her shit.

Her issue was that she needed additional guidance learning counts. There were girls who COULD hear and needed help with their counts. Qualified.

Yuko's being Japanese has zilch to do with my opinion of her.  I know it's a handy card to play, but it doesn't apply to the fact that I don't think she's up to par in DCC world. Unqualified.

Edited by QuiteCalM
and this!
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

I understand, and don't care honestly, that they share the field at the same time. Him practicing/warming up is just fine. Him running INTO them and throwing the poms was unnecessary. I've seen them on the field with the dancers before and they didn't do all that; they just practiced and warmed up.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

i couldn't tell if this was Brittany or Mack that he threw the Poms under, but that is abuse! First of all he is not God's gift to football (clearly) arrogant ass!  Get over yourself! This is why I love professional sports but hate professional players!  "Don't hate the players hate the game" I'm the opposite

I am a football fan, a dad, has taken dance! I would be really freaking pissed off if one of those girls got injured.  Or heaven forbid they kick him. Bahahaha that would've been amazing! 

BWAAHAAA!! TOTALLY amazing!!

giphy.gif

• Love 4

i've been rewatching season 11 (it's a colder, dreary morning and I don't want to get up just yet) and I'm curious - does Tasha have any other expressions beside this half-smirk thing she does?  And if this is how she presented herself, hunched over and smirky, no wonder some other girls rated higher than her during tryouts.  J+K have repeatedly said they want BIG BOLD PERFORMERS.... this doesn't strike me as big and bold.  

Don't get me wrong, I think she is beautiful.... both inside an out....  the smirk just irks.

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.07.07 AM.png

I tried to post but I don't see it, I'll try to remember what I said. I have no problem with the players practicing while the cheerleaders are performing, I see it all the time. There's a line and this player crossed it. Everyone knows the history between the cowboys and the redskins. I feel like this was a deliberate act of disrespect, just because of the animosity between these rival teams. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2017 at 9:53 PM, RhiRhi said:

Perhaps @ShellyB could clear this up? Or in just a general sense. Have any girls had to run off the field before the kickline? Could be injury, bad kicks etc. 

There have been very few seasons when girls have not participated in the kickline. As far as this particular incident, I don't really remember as I'm sure I was wrangling other performers. IF *big if and not a normal practice*, someone left just before kicking, it is probable that it was due to injury. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1