Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I think the dcc should all dress like this for Halloween. The cameras can zoom in on the bewildered males. I mean the hair... obviously they dress like that.

Dianna-Hart-cameo-1473284375.jpg

Edited by pizzaislife
Clarify
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Can confirm. When doing research on the modern American mom for my last job, average age of the first time mom was 25. It's up two years from a decade ago, IIRC. 

What's average first marriage age now? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG THAT made me laugh like a deranged hyena!

Hey man, I could put on a yoda mask and a burka and I'd still have visible chins. When you're as beautiful as Megan, you have to take a LITTLE crap once and a while right?!

ETA: @Oranaiche when I see the Megan pic, I hear this:

Omg, just now seeing this. I'm in tears.

• Love 1

i would be upset if i had to perform after Erica too. Girl has got it going on. #girlcrush #jealous

3 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

When you haven't sucked the soul out of a cheerleader for 7 years and you realize it's time for a refresher.

we need to hold a previouslytv banquet at the end of the year. This photo for post of the year!

• Love 9
Just now, QuiteCalM said:

HAHAH!! Ah the horse pic. That's right up there with Tasha's romance novel pics.....

Whose Tasha? I know of a Plastic Pink potato that does romance novel photos.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kashara and the dragons is still my fave. The should've used that in the calendars.

such a beautiful girl, that pic may be up there with jordan and the horse.. a Effin dragon for crying out loud.

3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

I wonder what level of stalker creeps the girls are going to have to deal with now with CowboysFit opening.....I know if I lived in TX I'd sign up just to sit there and lick the glass of the practice studio like a lunatic.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article151335182.html

The location (far north suburb of Frisco and horrendous traffic to get there) and the price will keep quite a bit of riff raff out. $88 per month is less than I paid at Equinox but it's still freaking high. And I wonder if parking is extra or limited. Pain in the ass for stalking. Lol. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What's average first marriage age now? 

This made me laugh out loud....picturing a stream of hussified divorcees in sparkly vests and cowboy boots. 

I remember it being higher, maybe 27? Damn you, teen pregnancies. You really jack up my stats. Tasha is a great example of that ratio, tho she was an older "teen."

24 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The location (far north suburb of Frisco and horrendous traffic to get there) and the price will keep quite a bit of riff raff out. $88 per month is less than I paid at Equinox but it's still freaking high. And I wonder if parking is extra or limited. Pain in the ass for stalking. Lol. 

Hmm, sad. I'm too lazy to properly stalk. Hell, if it were socially acceptable I'd wear a depend so I didn't have to walk ALL the way to the bathroom.

31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Kashara and the dragons is still my fave. The should've used that in the calendars.

What?! Where?! Like, Khaleesi style???

• Love 1

It's not an opinion, and I'm not judging, but I can think of at least three past DCCs and one current who got pregnant before getting married. It's something that has always stuck out to me, probably because bearing le crotch fruit is not on my road map.

• Love 1
(edited)

OMG so for those of you that have Amazon Prime, look under Prime Video for a show called "real people" it's a variety show from the 70s and the first ep, at about the 28:00 mark, is a thing about the DCC!! Suzanne Mitchell and Texie Waterman are in it!

OMG the first rule LMAO!!! And the Scholz sisters....

At the very end, they show a shot of the DCCs walking away from us....uhm, I'm gonna go ahead and stick up for their current shorts. Those one back then were downright crotch biters. They hurt to LOOK at.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

i just noticed the faces staring at Erica and i'm dying. First solo pic where nobody seems happy :p

Doesn't she do that same move every year?

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Is this photo awesome or creepy? I can't decide. 

I think it's gorgeous. Holly had a session with the same photographer. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 4
On 5/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, M1977G said:

To change the subject back to the thread & away from the seemingly uncertain elephant in the room (I don't know that I really know what folks are/not talking about above), can I say that I am enjoying the veteran farewells on Twitter? I like that they're posting farewell letters, photo highlights, and starting to post those lovely videos where the retiring vets say goodbye. Jenn J's was the most eloquent so far, I think, but I love Jessica's too. I'm such a fan of both, and I thought they wrote the most charming and heartfelt retirement letters of the bunch. I haven't seen if they've posted videos for Amy T, Jax, Danielle, or Claire yet,but I certainly hope they do the same for everyone else who's leaving. 

OK, just scrolled down and saw the rest of the videos on the twitter page. Can I say how much I dislike the Cowboys website? It only shows some of the DCC videos, stories, and photos at a time and is not especially searchable or user friendly. ?

Yeah, I don't get the elephant in the room thing either.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2017 at 5:10 PM, sleepyjean said:

I found this randomly. It's two interviews for Angie Vanderwalle, who was a DCC in 2001 and 2002. Both videos include the call out of the numbers for those who were chosen for training camp. In the 2001 video, they chose 39 people for training camp and in 2002 they chose 37. They didn't start the tv show until a few years later. So my guess is the tv show is when they started inflating the number of training camp candidates so they'd have more cuts. It's also interesting that in the 2001 video, all the girls were wearing leotards and then they next year, they were all wearing hot pants and crop tops.

Angela VanDeWalle: Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Tryouts 2001

Angela VanDeWalle: Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader Tryouts 2002

Whoa, she sucked!  Ugly too.  I doubt she would make it now.

• Love 1

I am not nor have I ever been a dancer, so this is not a criticism of Erica at all but can someone please explain to me why that's a good solo? I adore Erica but I was kind of bored watching all that writhing around on the floor, but again I know nothing of dance or technique so I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I am aware of. 

Also, I find it ironic that Jinelle gets crap for using the same move over again when it seems like lots of gals do. Are these girls maybe choreographing their own routines and you stick with what you know? Maybe I should take some technique classes so I can understand! 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Bahahahaha that was just bad!

brandi redmond in that group ??.

Is that a baby Kristi Scales interviewing?

3 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Apologies if this has been discussed but do we know who will be on the cover of this year's swimsuit issue?

They never had a vote this year so we don't even know what the choices are.

7 minutes ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Apologies if this has been discussed but do we know who will be on the cover of this year's swimsuit issue?

I believe that is normally announced sometime after training camp starts, since vets get cut at finals so they wouldn't be in the running.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Different strokes, I think she's a lot prettier than several on the current squad...but I don't doubt that she wouldn't make it today with that solo.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

This made me laugh out loud....picturing a stream of hussified divorcees in sparkly vests and cowboy boots. 

I remember it being higher, maybe 27? Damn you, teen pregnancies. You really jack up my stats. Tasha is a great example of that ratio, tho she was an older "teen."

In the US, all of the national averages are leaning towards a later age.  People are getting married later, thus women are having children at a later age.  Teen pregnancy is actually in a continuing decline.  The average age for a first marriage  is actually 27 for women and 29-30 for men now up from I think 22-23 for women and 25-27 for men.   In the South however, ages tend to run younger - cause, you know, religion, tradition and stuff.  

Edit: For clarification - I live in the south, please don't send me hate mail.  Thank you.

Edited by Ante

Tasha's corny pics bugged the hell outta me. And that pink lipstick. But really, are these reasons to detest someone? I think not. She just wasn't my cup of tea, but I DO like that she likes a bargain and there's something to be said for a sweet personae, good for her.

Hahaha @QuiteCalM, when I saw you wrote "sweet" with the next word beginning with a "p" I thought you were going to say she's a sweet potato :)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hahaha @QuiteCalM, when I saw you wrote "sweet" with the next word beginning with a "p" I thought you were going to say she's a sweet potato :)

HAHAH!!! I re-read that and put in "potato" (with a silent "e" of course, a la Dan Quayle).

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Different strokes, I think she's a lot prettier than several on the current squad...but I don't doubt that she wouldn't make it today with that solo.

Agree. I was thinking that first, I think she is pretty, we have to remember the times were much different, and the idea of beauty was too. Second, that was a classic "jazz combo" from back in the day. Dance has changed more than I can even fathom. It was so very different, and back then, this was clearly good enough lol! Yeah, none of this would pass muster now, but times have changed....

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I think it's gorgeous. Holly had a session with the same photographer. 

I want to know how Holly got OUT of this position. Because if, by some miracle I made it there, I'd still be there. I'd just have a bunch of pizza boxes and Jimmy John's wrappers by me from ordering out.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Yes. Her whole solo was full of the same tricks she has done every year. 

Let's just take a moment y'all...

WOW... just WOW    

Lacey has always been one of my favorites.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm sorry, but all I can think of when I see Lacey is Farrah Abraham from Teen Mom.

Lacey is gorgeous! I see a resemblance to old 16 and pregnant Farrah pre-plastic...  now Farrah be like: 

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

• Love 2
5 hours ago, spazette said:

I am not nor have I ever been a dancer, so this is not a criticism of Erica at all but can someone please explain to me why that's a good solo? I adore Erica but I was kind of bored watching all that writhing around on the floor, but again I know nothing of dance or technique so I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I am aware of. 

Also, I find it ironic that Jinelle gets crap for using the same move over again when it seems like lots of gals do. Are these girls maybe choreographing their own routines and you stick with what you know? Maybe I should take some technique classes so I can understand! 

I'm going out on a limb here since I'm not a dancer, but her solo was good because she has solid technique. The tricks/ turns she's soing are impressive, we've just seen them all before. My issue with Jinelle's move is that it's something I can do, and requires about no technique. Now I think Erica's wasn't exciting because we've seen the moves and it all blended together. I very much enjoyed Maddies because, though her technique isn't perfect, she has pauses and exciting moments.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, cgloss said:

Is this photo awesome or creepy? I can't decide. 

Love her! She is ridiculously talented. I wish we would see more of Lacey.

Sidenote: I can't help but chuckle at this photo because it makes her butt look sideways. That's quite a feat.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Love her! She is ridiculously talented. I wish we would see more of Lacey.

Sidenote: I can't help but chuckle at this photo because it makes her butt look sideways. That's quite a feat.

what blows me away is that she makes it look so effortless...like, oh yeah, whatever, just hanging out.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Lacey-schmacey, that's actually ME in the picture, somebody just happened to photoshop her head on my body :)

Whatever man, that's actually ME, but keep telling yourself that. ??‍♀️

• Love 6