Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Eulogy

• Start Topic

I mostly liked this one too.  I was iffy on the beginning but that middle segment of Sam working reminded me of how good this show can be.  It felt like a Season 1 segment.  I did find the funeral a bit silly but the eulogies ended up being really touching.

• Love 1

Hoping that Max and Frankie will be a little easier to be around after that. It was interesting, seeing how much was going on under the surface even though they act out. There's a thing sometimes where young kids will be wonderful with caregivers or relatives and yet difficult at home -- because they feel emotionally safe to let everything out with their parents. Max and Frankie are intense teenage versions of that, so it was nice to hear what they really feel about Sam. However, I kept thinking: Now Sam needs to visit Phil and share the same kind of appreciation.

• Love 4

I didn't know what to make of this when j watched it but after a few hours I appreciate its brilliance. The first segment establishes how hard it is to be a good actor, and how much Sam cares about the craft. The second segment shows how mind-numbingly banal and unglamorous the work can be - these people who train and work for years spending hours making a silly commercial.

And then after all that, for the girls to flip by Sam on TV, I can imagine what she was thinking. How hard it is to make it in that industry and your bratty kids can't even watch it. I'm glad her friends saved the day.

Poor Duke. She craves affection.

It was good to see the actor who played Mickey from the Comeback, and sad to remember at the end that he's gone. And that one big line he had - that by the time he could be openly gay, he was too old to enjoy it - so sad.

• Love 6

The ending turned out so well. I was concerned about the direction before that. I wept. I'm the oldest of three daughters from a single mother (and a deadbeat father), so this show really resonates with me quite often.

• Love 3

I don't know did they write those two to be despicable bitches all this time as a setup for this episode?

Also most parents would let these sleights from their self-absorbed kids roll off their shoulders.

I loved the eulogies. It's like someone was cutting onions in my living room.

In the scene where they were filming the car commercial, why was Sam told she was done, but the actor had to keep filming? I thought Sam was gonna be replaced, but it wasn't verbalized. Her reaction would have been comical.

While I think Sam was being a hopeless drama queen, I wound up loving this episode. All parents are bound to feel similar emotions,  but most of them probably handle it better, and had I been the friends stuck there with the kids while Sam ran off to pout and drink, I would have KILLED her, but it all ended up being pretty touching, if weird. They're a very weird family. Sam's friends are keepers. Deidrich Bader can play such a goofball, but Rich is just cool.

• Love 2

It was better than I was expecting but mostly I enjoyed the scenes with Sam at the acting class and the car commercial. The eulogy part was a bit too sappy for me. Not saying it wasn't done well but it's just not my cup of tea. The episode got me more excited for the next one and I hope they have more with Sam's boyfriend. I like him. 

Edited by Jazzy
edit
  • Love 2

In the scene where they were filming the car commercial, why was Sam told she was done, but the actor had to keep filming? I thought Sam was gonna be replaced, but it wasn't verbalized. Her reaction would have been comical.

I was thinking they wanted to do other camera angles or close up shots of the driver, and she isn't needed for those shots.   

• Love 2