Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Straight Shooter

• Start Topic

This Visual recap gets a gold star!  Dick going cross-eyed during his death scene nearly made me burst out laughing.  Brandon's giant pants and that extra with a mustache were tied for second.

I get that drug addictions are an evergreen story for soaps, especially ones with teen/college-age characters, but this one is so weirdly handled.  And I STILL don't understand how Dick and Steve became BFF when they spent the first half of the season feuding over Claire. 

That pic of the goobers who were trying to get with Claire and Kelly: they apparently got the giant clothes memo. The pants on the left and the shirt on the right could do bedsheet duty.

• Love 3

From the visual aides, immediately recognized one of the goobers as Richard Ruccolo. I know him from "Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place." Also, ahem, engaged at one point to Tiffani Amber Theissen. But I think it was bit later. Oh, just checked her IMDB and it turns out she was on "Two Guys..." for a bit.

• Love 1

From the visual aides, immediately recognized one of the goobers as Richard Ruccolo. I know him from "Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place." Also, ahem, engaged at one point to Tiffani Amber Theissen. But I think it was bit later. Oh, just checked her IMDB and it turns out she was on "Two Guys..." for a bit.

The guy who wasn’t Ryan Reynolds!

• Love 1

I don't know why the capital L and capital Y bugged me more than anything in David's note.
The woman in the red jacket in The Cleavern photo reminds me of Mary Lynn Rajskub.

"Who kisses their boyfriend like that with their parents right there?!?!?!?"

And who is drawn to so passionately make out with someone in clothes like those?!

Edited by kfree9
  • Love 1

Is it possible that these actors seriously thought their performances were Emmy nomination worthy? Between Ian's sob fest, Priestley's German doppelganger and  Tori's comedic "stuff" and over acting in every other scene, it seems like these dolts REALLY thought they should be serious contenders. They must have been taking too many hits from the pot pipe. PLUS, we all know that the ONLY thing worthy of any type of Academy recognition in this series was Val's boobs.

• Love 1

I'm following the episodes on pop and I actually really liked Dylan and Toni together . I thought he looked way more into her than he EVER looked into Kelly . That being said , Rebecca gayheart needed acting lessons stat. 

18 hours ago, seasquared said:

Is it possible that these actors seriously thought their performances were Emmy nomination worthy? Between Ian's sob fest, Priestley's German doppelganger and  Tori's comedic "stuff" and over acting in every other scene, it seems like these dolts REALLY thought they should be serious contenders. 

I always wondered how the writers would write for Tori and how much input she had. 

Also Dick dying always cracked me up. 

• Love 1
On 11/10/2017 at 7:28 AM, kfree9 said:

I don't know why the capital L and capital Y bugged me more than anything in David's note.
The woman in the red jacket in The Cleavern photo reminds me of Mary Lynn Rajskub.

And who is drawn to so passionately make out with someone in clothes like those?!

Come storm time, Donna might have shelter. Also didn't Donna kiss Ray like that in front of her parents too?

Edited by SoupThrower
On 10/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, SoupThrower said:

Also Dick dying always cracked me up. 

Same here. And it was 1997, not 1957. Even 20 years ago, calling a Richard a "Dick" was just asking for it. I mean, Rick, Rich, Richie, anything but "Dick" ... the jokes just write themselves. And "Dick's Dead! Dick's Dead! Dick's Dead!" is in the top ten 90210 unintentionally hilarious scenes... *think Nat's heart attack* Cracks me up, every single time and Sarah and Tara giggling at his "I don wanna die" is priceless.

And not for nothing, but seriously, who the hell goes from Pot to fucking HEROIN????? I'm an old, and i have never known anyone who used heroin (at least not that I knew of) and I went to school in the late 80s/early 90s.... I've known people to use all kinds of drugs... pot, pills, mushrooms, coke... but HEROIN? that just seems like a huge jump for a pothead.  so strange.

thanks alot, for the Cavern of Doom. Now I will have nightmares.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:38 PM, carrier76 said:

I remember this being advertised as a Very Special Episode, and it sucked me back into 90210 after my (intense) interest had started to wane. Steve’s “pot pipe” rant is burned into my brain.

Only thing that would have been better is if Steve asked Dick to smoke a "marijuana cigarette." 

• Love 1