Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Freddie  Smith also played Latino as well and I don't think he is latin...

I just checked out his IMDB.COM and he played "Marco Salazar" on 90210. Seriously? He doesn't look even remotely Latin to me. Now IMHO, Galen Gering looks very Latin.

• Love 1

I just checked out his IMDB.COM and he played "Marco Salazar" on 90210. Seriously? He doesn't look even remotely Latin to me. Now IMHO, Galen Gering looks very Latin.

Latins come in all shades...Just like Americans....lol...

(edited)

I just checked out his IMDB.COM and he played "Marco Salazar" on 90210. Seriously?

Yup.  Fun fact - Marco was also gay, he was seen in maybe three episodes as a love interest for Trevor Montgomery's Teddy.

Edited by TeeVee329

Yup, I remember Freddie was asked in an interview, if he was afraid of being typecast for playing gay characters..He said No, because, if  he was playing a straight character, nobody would ask him that type of question..I loved that honest answer and I became a fan for life.....

• Love 2

Hispanics come in all shades..Zoe Saldana who is Dominican has played Black-American before in movies..I don't see what is the big deal in that....Furthermore, the label Hispanic is used mostly here in the states, it is rarely used in Central, South America....There have been Hispanic actors of European and African descent who don't get cast as Latins in movies and Tv shows because they are told in Hollywood that they don't look latin enough for the mainstream audience..How absurd! Sofia Vergara had to dye her natural blond hair dark brown, in order to get cast as a latina..

Don't get me started on Zoe playing Black American. She needs to stay in her lane.

I agree that it's bullshit that GG plays a Latino, why couldn't they just hire a Latino? I felt the same way about Artie in the wheelchair on Glee. It still burns me to this day.

• Love 3
(edited)

Don't get me started on Zoe playing Black American. She needs to stay in her lane.

I agree that it's bullshit that GG plays a Latino, why couldn't they just hire a Latino? I felt the same way about Artie in the wheelchair on Glee. It still burns me to this day.

Why does it bother you that Zoe has played Black American? Racially, she is black , but her ethnicity  is Dominican...There is a difference between race and ethnicity....I am Black, but I am from the caribbean..Does that mean if I was in the acting world, I could not play a Black American...Plenty of Black British people have played Black Americans in films and TV shows..Idris Alba for example is British, but he has played Black American and recently has played Nelson Mandela who was South African. I remember when Jennifer Lopez was chosen to play Selena, people complained that she was not Mexican, but Puerto Rican, therefore, she should not play her...Could they have found a Mexican-American actress to play her..Possibly, but I think Jennifer was wonderful in the role, despite her ethnicity not being Mexican...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

Wouldn't Zoe Saldana count as black American too? She was partially raised in America, and I've often hear her reference Queen's, NY (which I assumed she grew up in at some point). I think I just assumed she was a dual citizen (of America and the Dominican), who is culturally Latina (and possibly culturally American too,  since she grew up some of the time in the US  -- whatever culturally American might mean). 

I think  GG's casting as Rafe might be more problematic because he's not culturally Latin (which encompasses a broad spectrum of countries culturally, but yet he has no connection to any of them) or ethnically connected in some way to what Rafe's country of origin might be (what is Rafe's country of origin heritage-wise, anyway? Has anyone ever mentioned where his family comes from? I just realized I don't know...is it possible that Rafe could be from Spain? In that case, GG's European ancestry wouldn't be a problem). 

Edited by bantering

is this true or a rumor? I don't want him to play Sonny....

I should have been more clear. It's not even a rumor, just me musing since Freddie is leaving and Bryan is probably going to be fired after criticizing GH on Twitter.

• Love 1
(edited)

Why would he criticize his boss like that? Ron is a petty bitch.....He will punish him for that...Ron does not like criticisms..He once threatened a young child online for questioning him....Freddie has been very quiet on tweeter and Guy is not addressing the rumors of Freddie's departure...

Edited by Apprentice79

What's crazy to me is that if the Hernandez family is of Mexican, Central, or South American descent, none of the actors fit into the category.  Galen Gering and Lindsay Hartley (Arianna and Theresa Lopez-Fitzgerald on Passions) are both of European descent playing Hispanic characters.  Francisco San Martin (Dario) was born in Spain.  I think that Camilla Banus is of Spanish and Cuban descent.  I also don't necessarily think that actors should be strictly confined to playing characters of their nationality but it gets problematic when the majority of actors in a Latin American family are European.  NBC is under the same corporation as Univision and could have done some cross-promotion.     

As for Zoe Saldana, it doesn't bother me that she is playing Black American characters. That she was cast as Nina Simone irritates me because they had to add a prosthetic nose and darken her skin.  There were plenty of women who could play that role as well or better without having to undergo such a transformation. Zoe Saldana is no Meryl Streep.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Some Latin American families are European....There are Mexicans who are blonde with blue eyes, they do not all have dark skin with Indian features. There are even Mexicans of African descent. Unfortunately, that is the stereotype associated with Latinos, if you are latino you have to have dark hair with an  olive complexion. If you are from the Caribbean, you have to be Black..that is not always the case... I agree about Zoe Saldana playing Nina Simone..Nina Simone's very dark skin and ethnic features were a part of her journey as a woman and an artist...There are plenty of ethnic looking dark skinned black woman who could have played Nina Simone....Zoe was all wrong for the role....Even Nina Simone's family were against the casting of Zoe as Nina Simone...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

Very true about the racial variations in Latin American countries and not falling into preconceived notions about what someone from Mexico, Brazil or Argentina should look like.  I think Days is playing into the stereotype though.  The show is so ambiguous about the Hernandez family and where Mama is that they can cast the darker hair, olive complexion actors of any descent without too much push back.

I wonder if Higley will find a way put Rafe back on the police force.  I was thinking this morning that Hope should never have been on the force again after Nighttime Hope but she seems to be their main detective.  

Edited by Lilytiger
  • Love 1
(edited)

Very true about the racial variations in Latin American countries and not falling into preconceived notions about what someone from Mexico, Brazil or Argentina should look like.  I think Days is playing into the stereotype though.  The show is so ambiguous about the Hernandez family and where Mama is that they can cast the darker hair, olive complexion actors of any descent without too much push back.

I wonder if Higley will find a way put Rafe back on the police force.  I was thinking this morning that Hope should never have been on the force again after Nighttime Hope but she seems to be their main detective.  

She likes Rafe and God help us, she really likes Dr, Tan..I do know that she loves the Kiriakis family...I hope we get to see Philip, Alex and the twins..It is a shame that we are going to lose Sonny and Freddie..I hope that they can bring them both back...Freddie makes Wilson palatable for me...There is so much that can be done with Sonny as a character and in Wilson.....Someone needs to fix this...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

So anyway, is anyone else amused by the idea of Bryan Craig (soon-to-be-ex Morgan, GH) playing recast Sonny.

Wait a minute, is this for real?

As for Zoe Saldana, it doesn't bother me that she is playing Black American characters. That she was cast as Nina Simone irritates me because they had to add a prosthetic nose and darken her skin.  There were plenty of women who could play that role as well or better without having to undergo such a transformation. Zoe Saldana is no Meryl Streep.

This! I'll never stop being angry about it. Also her being cast as Uhura didn't do me any favours either. She's the new Rosario Dawson (Josie and the Pussycats). With respect to GG it is so true that Hispanics are different from Latinos and there are sooooo many different shades but at the end of the day I will always err on the side of casting a Latino or Hispanic as a Latino or Hispanic over any other ethnicity. It's like they're saying there aren't enough good Spanish actors for the role. We've all seen GG in action so we know straight up he wasn't the best dude for the part.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just saw that..I am utterly confused and the show missed an opportunity to bring in one of Sonny's brothers....At least they wont have to make up a lame excuse for Xander's accent.. Given that Sonny and his 3 brothers grew up in Texas.....lol...Once again they are messing with history, Justin was an only child, he saw his parents die in a car crash....Xander cannot be his brother....Unless he is the son of another brother of Victor's.. Why don't these writers watch the show's past storylines  on youtube...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I am also puzzled by this, Justin does not have a brother! So what, Justin's father's name was Alexander and he named one of his sons Alexander, and so another Alexander appears with the same name as his own father?

... I think the writers have been rewriting history again. Such a shame too, I wanted one of Sonny's brothers.

• Love 1

Alexandros said that he looked up to Brady and The Tan One as "big brothers" when they hung out in Greece (?), so he was born after they were.  That really doesn't make much sense either, since we know Brady was in Salem most of his life.  Although there was that 30 day period (8 SalemDays roughly) when he aged from 5 to 19 while John was off having a honeymoon with Marlena and subsex with Hope.

Given that he uses his mother's maiden name "Cook" and he is Kiriakis blood, it seems plausible that he is the lovechild of the dead father of Justin.  I suspect one reason Wally Kurth got a FT gig is to play off his bad boy bastard half-brother.  Especially if he really is a druglord, jewel smuggler, and murderer.

The pieces can fit.  And it would be much more awkward to explain the accent and the 30-something wrinkle lines on Texan Alexander Deveraux Kiriakis.  From what we have seen of his acting chops, I doubt he could pull off a faux American accent.  He may be pretty, but we may have Brandon Beemer II on our hands.

• Love 2

He may be pretty, but we may have Brandon Beemer II on our hands.

LOL!   I have to believe that Creation itself would utterly refuse to repeat THAT mistake.

• Love 1

Spoilers for next week. The ones for Dan and Nicole make me want to throw up in my own mouth. 

Mon 4/13
Tori reveals everything about Paul's father; Sonny's attempt to support Paul bothers Will; Abigail confronts Chad; Aiden acquires a surprising new client.

Tue 4/14
Kristen bears a major secret; Melanie gets news about Theresa; Theresa makes trouble for Daniel and Nicole; John cuts Marlena off.

Wed 4/15
Melanie gives Brady shocking information; Kristen demands Clint bring her Theresa; Daniel is shocked to learn Nicole's date was with someone he knows; J.J. confronts Eve.

Thu 4/16
Brady turns to Victor for help; Melanie makes a risky decision; Theresa and Nicole battle it out; J.J. and Paige take a step forward in their relationship.

Fri 4/17
Daniel and Nicole make amends; Kate deceives Lucas; J.J. delivers information about Eve to Jennifer; Eve reacts to news about J.J. and Paige.

I have seen spoiler pics of Theresa and Nicole in a catfight. How original! I am disgusted that this is over Daniel because you know it is. Also Dan/Nicole/Xander in a scene together. There is also another interesting spoiler courtesy of the National Enquirer: Daniel and Nicole reconcile, but someone has other plans for them! 

Yeah, that someone is the entire viewing audience.

I hope JJ "confronting" Eve doesn't end up in another sex romp or as Jen would put it JJ being seduced by Eve. LOL!

• Love 2

It would have to be SORASed for it to be Brady and Kristin's offspring, as she will claim....but what kinda lousy explanation will we get for how she carried it to term??  Black Magic??!  DEAR SHOW: you already established her BABY MAKER IS BROKE.

Still, yay for more ED.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

So we're supposed to forget that's it's only been five months since Kristen stole the embryo?

Miracle Grow!   It's not just for plants anymore!!

• Love 1

I've hated this baby snatch storyline from go. Mainly because how the hell is it viable or interesting if the snatcher isn't even around? Just didn't resonate like a baby snatch story should.

Is it terrible that I am bracing myself for the awfulness of it all? How can this be good with ED only back for 10 episodes? Plus, it kinda sound like she will mainly be interacting with Melanie and Brady. 

Can't wait to this is over. Then we can go to this kid been dumped on a babysitter.

• Love 5

I've hated this baby snatch storyline from go. Mainly because how the hell is it viable or interesting if the snatcher isn't even around? Just didn't resonate like a baby snatch story should.

Is it terrible that I am bracing myself for the awfulness of it all? How can this be good with ED only back for 10 episodes? Plus, it kinda sound like she will mainly be interacting with Melanie and Brady. 

Can't wait to this is over. Then we can go to this kid been dumped on a babysitter.

I don't understand why Theresa had to have a baby at all..The character should be getting into all types of mischief before becoming a mother. I  never thought that Brady and Theresa were in love with each other..They just used each other. They work better as friends with benefits.  I have noticed that Days of our lives usually gives popular couples children to tie them for life, even if the relationship does not last. They even gave Wilson a child...

• Love 2

IslandGal, I'm kinda with you.  I thought we might see Kristin nervously trying to manage a high-risk pregnancy, and that that would make her more human and sympathetic again.  She used to have so much dimension.

Is ED really only back for ten episodes total this year?  If so...how much will really be done with her storyline?  I hope she doesn't just lose her baby and disappear.

I think she will lose the baby and leave town in disgrace....There are pics online with a baby crib at the Kiriakis mansion.....Theresa will get her son back....

...well...gee...can't wait to see that!  Can we maybe get Kristin trussed up in a lemon-yellow beach bathrobe too while we're at it?  Oh, oh can she weep at Marlena's feet while Brady and John tell her what a worthless piece of tush she is?  Cause that would just be FUN FUN FUN!

Holy BLEEPING BLEEP BLEEP - this show SUCKS.

Don't they understand that we're supposed to like the heroes and ALSO like the villains?!???

• Love 2

Kristen has become a cartoon villain like Stefano...There are no more layers....She is just evil.....She should have come back pregnant and having a difficult pregnancy and perhaps Brady could have been drawn to her and they start getting close again..Then Boom the truth comes out....

• Love 1

I'm not a Theresa fan, and I really really wish she didn't have a baby with Brady :( he could do so much better.

I just found this forum, I thought only 19 kids and counting was here until tonight. I've been watching days since as long as I can remember. My first memories is having to sit without making a sound while my grandma watched days and passions.

• Love 3

I'm not a Theresa fan, and I really really wish she didn't have a baby with Brady :( he could do so much better.

I just found this forum, I thought only 19 kids and counting was here until tonight. I've been watching days since as long as I can remember. My first memories is having to sit without making a sound while my grandma watched days and passions.

Welcome to the board hlemommy, what do you think about the assassination of Will Horton, I am the only Will  fan on this board..It is hard to defend him due to  the fact that he is being thrown under the bus for Paul a.k.a Sparkle....I am hoping that Will will come to his senses before it is too late and he loses everything that he holds dear to his heart...I still love him despite his douche bag behavior...I think it is a shame that a character that was born and grew up on the show is being treated in such a despicable manner for a newbie....

I have been watching Days, ever since the Johnson siblings found each other with the revelation that Jack was Billy ending with Adrienne killing her father Duke after he raped her...I loved Jack with Jennifer and his complicated relationships with Jennifer, Harper Devereaux, Anjelica, Steve, Kayla, Adrienne, Duke, Jo and of course his relationship with himself.. A complicated character that should be on canvas as the head of the Devereaux family..He is the best character that Days has ever had....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I believe that was a bit before my time, I'm 27 and can barely remember the first years of watching.

Well Will hum... I like the other will better but this will is starting to grow on me. I don't like the plot he is in, but then again the writers are butchering everyone's story feels like.