Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

Why not?  What has Sonny done that was so bad?

I never understood that myself. Will was the one that cheated on Sonny. Twice.

Sonny may not be great now but he never did anything to Will which was as hurtful.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

If the Dimera's switched him in LA, then yes, I would be good with that, too.

I forget, was Will going to LA before or after they got married?  Because I can't see DOOL undoing the marriage - which they looove patting themselves on the back about - by having Sonny have married a doppelganger.  Plus, then we're heading down a road of consent/rape that Ron particularly should stay away from.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I forget, was Will going to LA before or after they got married?  Because I can't see DOOL undoing the marriage - which they looove patting themselves on the back about - by having Sonny have married a doppelganger.  Plus, then we're heading down a road of consent/rape that Ron particularly should stay away from.

I think Will went after the wedding. Their wedding was before the Ejami wedding in July 2014.

However that wouldn't stop Ron considering his past history on OLTL writing the rapemance with amnesiac Marty and at the time Todd.

Edited by nilyank
(edited)
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I never understood that myself. Will was the one that cheated on Sonny. Twice.

Sonny may not be great now but he never did anything to Will which was as hurtful.

A lot of the WilSon marriage/relationship issues were Sonny's fault, too. It wasn't all Will. And I completely disagree that he never did anything hurtful to Will...before or after the Horita cheating. He was unsupportive of Will's writing. He made Will feel useless and fed  his insecurities (before the Horita cheating). The entire money/club issue is another thing. He kept that from Will and then made Will feel like shit b/c he wasn't making money yet...a thing that was never an issue before until Sonny effed up their finances with the 2nd club behind Will's back.

After the cheating...he encouraged Paul at every turn and made Will feel like shit instead of trying to work on it. He would say he was working on the marriage but didn't (again, keeping Paul around). Will's behavior was spun out of feeling like he had no hope. Sonny did that to him. 

Will was no saint. Will was in the wrong for cheating and completely responsible for all the crap things he did. I'm just saying, Sonny also contributed to WilSon's issues before and after Will's betrayal.

Will went to LA after they were married...after EJ died. EJ was at their wedding.

Edited by swtrgrl
topic
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

He was unsupportive of Will's writing.

To be fair, as portrayed on this show, I always found Will to be one of fiction's worst journalists.  "Hot scoop...my mom's a bitch!"

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

A lot of the WilSon marriage/relationship issues were Sonny's fault, too. It wasn't all Will. And I completely disagree that he never did anything hurtful to Will...before or after the Horita cheating. He was unsupportive of Will's writing. He made Will feel useless and fed  his insecurities (before the Horita cheating). The entire money/club issue is another thing. He kept that from Will and then made Will feel like shit b/c he wasn't making money yet...a thing that was never an issue before until Sonny effed up their finances with the 2nd club behind Will's back.

After the cheating...he encouraged Paul at every turn and made Will feel like shit instead of trying to work on it. He would say he was working on the marriage but didn't (again, keeping Paul around). Will's behavior was spun out of feeling like he had no hope. Sonny did that to him. 

Will was no saint. Will was in the wrong for cheating and completely responsible for all the crap things he did. I'm just saying, Sonny also contributed to WilSon's issues before and after Will's betrayal.

Will went to LA after they were married...after EJ died. EJ was at their wedding.

I love your staunch defense of Will.. I think we are one of the few people on here, who don't hate him for his infidelity.   Will was not the devil incarnate and Sonny was not a saint. They were both responsible for the problems in their marriage and Paul's stalkerish presence made things worst in my opinion. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

If they can bring Will back, they can bring Bo back.  THEN maybe the show will start to have some semblance of order again.

Bo needs to be back in the form of Peter Reckell. I also want Jack back. I am on the fence about Jack reuniting with Jennifer. She is forever destroyed in my book, after her horrible treatment of Jack in favor of Saint Orange , the patron saint of Lecherous doctors..

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Chandler never came back from LA, it was Guy who came back, and Guy who got married.

2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

He was unsupportive of Will's writing

Will writing horrible things about his family deserved to be unsupported.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Will writing horrible things about his family deserved to be unsupported.

Will's bad behavior, writing that article about Sami (I don't care that he trashed Abby, she deserved it) was all on him, IMO.  He was out of control, feeding off both his ego and his insecurities, and to hell with everyone else.  That was Will at his worst and nobody but he was responsible for what he did.  Way worse than his Sparkle time IMO. 

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, boes said:

Will's bad behavior, writing that article about Sami (I don't care that he trashed Abby, she deserved it) was all on him, IMO.  He was out of control, feeding off both his ego and his insecurities, and to hell with everyone else.  That was Will at his worst and nobody but he was responsible for what he did.  Way worse than his Sparkle time IMO. 

Amen to this entire post :) Will comes out as the worst because we watched him being such a two-faced weasel.  He wrote his article condemning Sami while also trying to keep Abby shielded by calling her "the young woman" after he'd come back from LA and had cheated on Sonny the first time.  We didn't see him with any sense of guilt or shame, we just watched him ignore the problems in his marriage.

And he was so calculated in his interviews with Paul--taking off his wedding ring before going into Paul's hotel room will never not be a skeevy move--and then after he sleeps with Paul, he tried to justify it and guilt-trip Sonny by blaming him for not telling Will about the Paulson past and yes I think Will hated knowing he wasn't the first man Sonny had committed to and that added to his panic.

So yes, Sonny and Will had plenty of problems, but we watched Sonny tie himself up in knots trying to get Will's attention so they could fix their relationship only to have Will cheat for the second time, try to lie to Sonny's face (after he was horribly stabbed and left for dead) and then precede to blame Paul for the whole mess.  It was only after Sonny had left for Paris and right before his death that Will seemed to mature and accept his rightful blame in cheating in the first place and hurting Sonny.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

I hope they allow Chandler to have been the Will who cheated. "It wasn't me!" is too easy an out for the writers and they've already used every lame trick in the book lately to excuse their plotting. Aiden had a doppelganger? No, Show, he didn't. We saw him struggle with choking Hope out on camera. Andre survived dying? How exactly?

I'm tired of them using easy outs. Get creative and figure out how Will endured Ben's assault...

• Love 3

So yes, Sonny and Will had plenty of problems, but we watched Sonny tie himself up in knots trying to get Will's attention so they could fix their relationship only to have Will cheat for the second time

and that's where we disagree...b/c Sonny did NOT try to fix things. He kept stuff from Will (finances and Paul) while letting Paul drool all over him for months. He did nothing to discourage Paul. His ego wanted the attention.

I don't wipe away Will's shit behavior. I just forgive him for it. They are both to blame for the demise of their marriage and they both know it. They both admitted it. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love your staunch defense of Will.. I think we are one of the few people on here, who don't hate him for his infidelity.   Will was not the devil incarnate and Sonny was not a saint. They were both responsible for the problems in their marriage and Paul's stalkerish presence made things worst in my opinion. 

Yeah. I'm a Will supporter. He's probably my favorite daytime character ever. (2nd is Danny Santos, GL).

• Love 2
(edited)

I just hope - and I trust Ron to a degree to do this - that it's messy and soapy.  No Sonny immediately leaping into Will's arms, no Paul cheerfully stepping aside, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I just hope - and I trust Ron to a degree to do this - that it's messy and soapy.  No Sonny immediately leaping into Will's arms, no Paul cheerfully stepping aside, etc.

I would prefer Will to have been aware of everything going on in Salem while he was gone so he's a bit bitter about PaulSon. I'd prefer him to not jump into WilSon...make Sonny work for it...or hell, make Paul work for it. I can't wait to see Horita chemistry (or not) between Chandler and Christopher. Or anyone, really. 

23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wonder how Will's death will be explained because it needs to be damn entertaining.  

1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

and that's where we disagree...b/c Sonny did NOT try to fix things. He kept stuff from Will (finances and Paul) while letting Paul drool all over him for months. He did nothing to discourage Paul. His ego wanted the attention.

I don't wipe away Will's shit behavior. I just forgive him for it. They are both to blame for the demise of their marriage and they both know it. They both admitted it. 

I remember times when Sonny wanted to talk and try to reach an understanding while Will just wanted to concentrate on his "writing" but in the end,both both Sonny and Will were to blame for their relationship falling apart--I think I have more sympathy for Sonny simply because it's horrendous to have your partner cheat on you and seem rather remorseless about it.  But maybe that's more of the actor's fault that he didn't play Will as more self-aware?  Guy Wilson is probably a nice young man, but he wasn't much of an actor.

• Love 2

Personally, if Will wants Sonny back, I think he would have to work for it too.  It's not like Will and Sonny were super solid when he was "killed", which, again, could led to some good, messy, soapy soap.

1 minute ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I wonder how Will's death will be explained because it needs to be damn entertaining. 

I really hope brainwashing is involved.  Will being a next gen Pawn would be super entertaining.

• Love 2
(edited)

The real question is who has Will and why. What was the purpose?  I would like Will's return to be like Hope's return at Maison Blanche. That was so awesome. Just as Bo committed to Billie and Shawn-Douglas to become a family, in comes John with an unconscious Hope. Billie knew at that point that she lost Bo forever.  It was only a matter of time. The show bungled Hope's return due to JER delaying the inevitable and trying to put Billie on the same level of Hope in Bo's heart.  That was such an insult on so many levels.   I would have preferred Sherry to have had written Hope's return.  It would have added more depth and there would have been no Princess Gina crap.  That was awful.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The real question is who has Will and why. What was the purpose?

Who could have possibly known that Will would agree to wait for Abby's cable guy or whatever the fuck, get bored, play trash can basketball, find Ben's tie, and then get attacked by Ben when he walked in?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who could have possibly known that Will would agree to wait for Abby's cable guy or whatever the fuck, get bored, play trash can basketball, find Ben's tie, and then get attacked by Ben when he walked in?

If Will was kidnapped in LA and switched with a double. Then Will never died.  Then, the show could delve into the reasons on who did this and why. I personally feel that it should be connected to Orpheus' two children.  They should have been working with their dad in getting revenge on Marlena and John. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Will was kidnapped in LA and switched with a double. Then Will never died.

I dunno, I don't think Ron's going to go the doppelganger route with this one.  And again, for me, the messier the better, and it's messier if the Will that returns is the one who slept with Paul/was on the rocks with Sonny.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I dunno, I don't think Ron's going to go the doppelganger route with this one.

True, but, he did the tale of the two Todd's on one life to live.  It would remove the awful cheating storyline and reset the Will/Paul dynamic. Plus, it would be a throwback to the tale of the two Romans. When Roman came back and claimed that John was an impostor.

• Love 1

Sure he did the Tale of Two Todds, but that doesn't mean he's automatically going to go that route here.  And that story had to do the job of bringing back Roger Howarth while still keeping TSJ viable, that's not the case with Will.

I'm against a doppelganger.  Especially because the story then would be, "Poor Will, how could Sonny not realize it wasn't him all that time, blah blah blah".  That's not interesting to me.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sure he did the Tale of Two Todds, but that doesn't mean he's automatically going to go that route here.  And that story had to do the job of bringing back Roger Howarth while still keeping TSJ viable, that's not the case with Will.

I'm against a doppelganger.  Especially because the story then would be, "Poor Will, how could Sonny not realize it wasn't him all that time, blah blah blah".  That's not interesting to me.

The same thing happened to Marlena and the rest of the Brady clan. How could they not know that John was not Roman.  Roman had a vicious fight with Marlena about that, when their marriage was going down the tubes.  That was a good fight and it was uncomfortable to watch, it seemed like we the audience was intruding on a private moment in a couple's life.  Sherry penned that and Wayne and Deidre was awesome in that scene and you could feel Roman's rage and disappointment. I wished that Roman had gotten more focus after that.  Roman had lost 7 years with his family, while everybody moved on without him with John as Roman.  That could be that way for Will. He will have lost two years of his life. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Being Will's #1 supporter in all of this...I'm actually okay with this for many many reasons.

1. Yes, I don't like Sonny and I want him to feel sorta bad about his role in their marriage falling apart. 

2. Everyone seemed fine with Paul being around Sonny (even when Will was alive) and I hate that. NO, you are his family/friend...you support HIM.

3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Will was kidnapped in LA and switched with a double. Then Will never died.  Then, the show could delve into the reasons on who did this and why. I personally feel that it should be connected to Orpheus' two children.  They should have been working with their dad in getting revenge on Marlena and John. 

This is my preference. I want to erase all of Dena's horrible writing. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Being Will's #1 supporter in all of this...I'm actually okay with this for many many reasons.

I guess here's where I will say I'm not a die-hard fan of any particular character or couple in this scenario.  I'm more in it to see what Ron (who wrote Kyle/Fish on OLTL, who I did ship like madness) does with what could be a classic soapy situation with these gay characters.

And I can see, as Will's #1 supporter, why a doppelganger would appeal to you because it diminishes Will's sins, but not Sonny's and Paul's.  But I'd rather see a situation where all three of their slates are scuffed.

And also, like I mentioned yesterday, a doppelganger invites the question of consent/rape with putting a fake Will into Sonny's bed, something I know fans of this show weren't happy about when they did it with Sami and Rafe.  And Ron in general should stay away from this kind of stuff after the Ford/Teen!Jess debacle.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

The only modern soap I never watched was OLTL so I have no sense of any of the storylines there (only that Babe is love and the guy played by jacob went there as an AMC crossover). 

And actually, I'm okay with however they bring Will back. If he's back, I'm good. But erasing all of Dena's horrible writing is my preference...she didn't make Sonny look good either. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2017 at 0:15 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I also want Jack back. I am on the fence about Jack reuniting with Jennifer. She is forever destroyed in my book, after her horrible treatment of Jack in favor of Saint Orange , the patron saint of Lecherous doctors..

This.  I'd love to have MA back as Jack and hope that somehow Ron C. will be able to make that happen.  If Jennifer and Jack could be like their younger selves (which I only ever saw in clips), where they were fun, witty, sexy and smart, that would be great.  They could be older and wiser and still be all those things, like a more modern Jennifer and Jonathan Hart.*  But, if it would resemble anything like the last time, where Jennifer was still panting after Dr. Tan and treating Jack and his PTSD as an annoyance, then no thanks. 

*The first season or two of this show were a lot better in terms of their sleuthing being a partnership; later seasons had him always being the savior to her damsel in distress, which was a shame.

• Love 4

Morgan Fairchild IS playing Angelica! Maybe we WILL get some Alex Kiriakis. I'm in love with him as written in Fan Fic. LOL. I'd love for him to show up and throw Sonny for a loop. Hell, I want the twins there, too. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Morgan Fairchild IS playing Angelica! Maybe we WILL get some Alex Kiriakis. I'm in love with him as written in Fan Fic. LOL. I'd love for him to show up and throw Sonny for a loop. Hell, I want the twins there, too. 

I always wanted to see Justin and Adrienne with their four sons. I have always been intrigued with the twins, Victor Jr. and Joseph. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Oh, yes...fan fiction.  They should totally base him off of some fan fiction.

• Love 2

Week of May 22

Monday, May 22, 2017
Nicole & Eric put aside their differences & agree to work together to try to escape. 

Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Brady says a heartfelt goodbye to Tate & John. 

Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Lani, JJ, Eli & Hope converge on the villa. 

Thu, May 25, 2017
Steve treats Kayla to some pampering, unaware that Tripp is out for revenge. 

Friday, May 26, 2017
Paul, Sonny, Chad, Gabi, JJ, Lani, & Eli find themselves stranded on an island. 

Ciara says goodbye to Salem.

• Love 3

Wow - Ciara's leaving already? Didn't expect that...will her disappointment with Theo really see her running off? Or will she go off to visit Caroline? Is she even finishing out her school year?

They're really milking this Brady might die stuff....I'm immune.

• Love 1

The Brady needs a new heart thing is just so stupid on so many forums.  Will he get Nicole's heart?  Will he get Deimos's heart?  Will he get Eric's heart?  And then today, Will he get John's heart?  ffs, do people not know that these people (except for VI) are still taping?

• Love 2

Not a bad idea, Kitty... but it is kind of stupid how Dena keeps making the heart somehow capable of completely changing someone's personality or affecting who they are attracted to. It's like she's an 8 year old girl who doesn't understand that the heart simply pumps blood throughout the body.

I can't believe it's going to take another week for Nicole to realize her petty gripes don't matter and that she needs to work with Eric.

Let's start placing bets on who actually kills Deimos off.

I'm going to guess that it's Xander. I don't know how long the actor is staying on the show, but I'm willing to bet the producers don't want to have another main character be guilty of murder even against a villain like Deimos. The show will probably try to make it look like Sonny is responsible since they are going out of their way to show him becoming more "mean" (ha!) and carrying a gun around and telling everybody how much she wants Titan. Gabi will probably also be implicated in the investigation as well as Eric since they are both ex-felons and murderers.

Xander just makes the most sense since I don't think he's staying on permanently, and Dena went with the most obvious choice last time she played this game (Ben).

Personally I would love for it to be Victor but I don't see that happening considering how softly he's been written the last few years.

Your thoughts?

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The Brady needs a new heart thing is just so stupid on so many forums.  Will he get Nicole's heart?  Will he get Deimos's heart?  Will he get Eric's heart?  And then today, Will he get John's heart?  ffs, do people not know that these people (except for VI) are still taping?

The hell with the heart.  What Brady's needed a new one of for the longest time is a brain.  Any brain.  An expired Paramecium would be a giant step up.

Victor's "idiot Grandson" he is and will remain.  A new heart won't fix what needs fixing.   Hmmmm, maybe they could "fix" him, though, while they're at it.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe a new heart would no5 make Brady so damned fickle. He moved on from Chloe to Nicole to Arianna to Nicole to Madison to Kristen to Theresa to Nicole.

He falls easily in love making his previous declarations of love meaningless.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
On 5/12/2017 at 0:23 PM, superdeluxe said:

Oh, yes...fan fiction.  They should totally base him off of some fan fiction.

On 5/12/2017 at 2:38 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Could it be any worse than what we've been seeing lately?

No. No it could not be any worse and that was my point, Superdeluxe. this show has been crap for over 2 years now and ANYTHING would be better than what we've gotten. The FF I read about Alex, Joey, Vic Jr.... actually harnessed the show's history...something Days hasn't been willing or able to do for awhile now. 

• Love 1
Just now, swtrgrl said:

No. No it could not be any worse and that was my point, Superdeluxe. this show has been crap for over 2 years now and ANYTHING would be better than what we've gotten. The FF I read about Alex, Joey, Vic Jr.... actually harnessed the show's history...something Days hasn't been willing or able to do for awhile now. 

I am intrigued by that. How is the dynamic between the Kiriakis brothers in the fan fiction? I always wanted to see them on the show.  They call came back to the show on the show years ago, but, they were offscreen..lol I think that the show was thinking about bringing them all back, but, they must have changed their mind because they left as soon at they came. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am intrigued by that. How is the dynamic between the Kiriakis brothers in the fan fiction? I always wanted to see them on the show.  They call came back to the show on the show years ago, but, they were offscreen..lol I think that the show was thinking about bringing them all back, but, they must have changed their mind because they left as soon at they came. 

the good ones that I have read have Sonny as the golden do no wrong child, Alex as the footloose and fancy free asshole selfish one (who is brought to his knees by his love of Will), and Joey/Vic as the funny one/serious one. 
Alex is usually a loner and stays away from the family. Joey/Vic are closer to Sonny and Adriene/Justin. 

It's usually a pretty good dynamic. 

• Love 1
(edited)

More spoilers

Monday, May 22nd:
Ciara is horrified to learn of Theo and Wyatt’s lie.

Tuesday, May 23rd:
Everyone sets out to raid Xander’s compound.
Brady says a heartfelt goodbye to Tate and John.

Wednesday, May 24th:
Deimos’s rescue of Nicole is thwarted.

Thursday, May 25th:
Sonny, Chad, Gabi, Lani, JJ, and Eli search the villa looking for more evidence that will incriminate Deimos.

Friday, May 26th:
Hope returns to Salem with Deimos in tow.

So Deimos survives the trip to Greece? When will the sucker die!?

Glad Hope at least is around on Friday to see Ciara off...

Hmmmm.... considering the way the Ciara/Claire rivalry was just starting to amp up last week with the scenes with Victor, do you think maybe Ron took a look at the crap that was to follow and decided to cut it out of the show completely by filming a new farewell scene that he could insert ASAP?

I somehow doubt Ciara was going to be deeply involved in Hope's other plotline with Deimos because so many of the teen scenes have just involved the teens dealing with each other. Maybe that made it easier to cut the last month of Dena's damaging Theo/Ciara/Claire crap out so that Ciara could leave the show faster.

That would probably involve shooting a few new Claire/Theo scenes to cover for her exit, but I guess what will really be the proof of whether or not this was an 11th hour change will be if Claire/Theo subsequently vanish into the background for a while because all of their previous material involving Ciara and Claire would be rendered unusable.

Edited by DisneyBoy

Um....?

Soaps.com: Is he there for the long term?

Banus: What we’ve been told is that he’s there for a little bit. It’s not a two-episode thing, but I don’t know how long it is. I think people are going are really going to enjoy his story.

Soaps.com: Is Will Horton dead or alive?

Banus: Aha, that’s for everybody to find out

Week of May 22

Monday, May 22nd:
Ciara is horrified to learn of Theo & Wyatt’s lie. 

Sonny & Paul jump Guy & deliver him into JJ’s custody. 

Tuesday, May 23rd:
Everyone sets out to raid Xander’s compound. 

JJ & Lani pressure Guy into confirming what everyone suspects. 

Wednesday, May 24th:
Deimos’s rescue of Nicole is thwarted. 

Brady falls into unconsciousness, & is fading fast. 

Thursday, May 25th:
Sonny, Chabi, Lani, JJ, & Eli search the villa looking for more evidence that will incriminate Deimos. 

Friday, May 26th:
Hope returns to Salem with Deimos in tow. 

• Love 1