Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Killers are walking the streets of Salem...

...like Hope? Joey?

Technically, they're not killers.  They both committed murder under very specific circumstances and have never even thought about doing it again.  They each qualify as a person who has killed, but in no way are they killers.  It's people like the DiMeras and Kiriakises who qualify as "killers," as several members of those families have killed and would do it again without hesitation.

Edited by Michel

Unfortunately it's going to take longer than that.  From a Monday interview with Ken Corday:

Unfortunately, due to DAYS' advanced taping schedule, viewers will have to wait until July for these positive changes to take place, plus several weeks after that for the ball to really get rolling. But Corday promises it will be worth the wait.

“I wish [the changes] could happen faster. I'm not impulsive, but I'm a little impatient. We have to kind of pull the show out of where it's been. It's going to take us about four to six weeks to get it to where I'm talking about. Let's say, beginning of July to mid-August/September, and that's a long time to ask the viewers to hang in there,” he says. “The shift will take about two months for him [Ron Carlivati] to kind of re-solidify, wiggle out of what was there in the summer, and give us a fall that's much more in keeping with [the changes mentioned above].”

Can you believe this guy?  He's so damn passive about the show HE OWNS.  It's mind boggling. 

• Love 1

Week of March 6:

Monday March 6:

Nicole fears for her life as she hides out with Holly.

Tuesday March 7:

Adrienne and Justin share a tender moment.

Wednesday March 8:

Steve learns a shocking truth about his past.

Thursday March 9:

Sonny and Paul try to find out what they can about Deimos’s connection to the stolen antiquities.

Eli forces Valerie to tell Julie the truth about his father.

Friday March 10:

Kate continues to rebuff Eduardo's affections.

• Love 2

Sonny and Paul try to find out what they can about Deimos’s connection to the stolen antiquities.

I'm hoping for too much if I'm reading this and thinking it has anything to do with the stolen crap that Kate blackmailed Deimos and Victor about last fall, right?

• Love 2

More on week March 6th

Monday, March 6, 2017 

Eric tells Jennifer that he will not accept a job at the Horton Center. 

Ciara confides in Hope about her feelings for Theo. 

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 
Joey is supportive with Jade before she goes in for surgery.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017
Kayla's life is unexpectedly put in danger. 

Gabi is flustered when Chad again asks for her help. 

Friday, March 10, 2017 
Chloe gains an unexpected ally.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2017 at 8:10 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I'm hoping for too much if I'm reading this and thinking it has anything to do with the stolen crap that Kate blackmailed Deimos and Victor about last fall, right?

Oh yes, but hope is a beautiful thing - just not when Dena is doing the writing.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2017 at 2:25 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

Unfortunately it's going to take longer than that.  From a Monday interview with Ken Corday:

Can you believe this guy?  He's so damn passive about the show HE OWNS.  It's mind boggling. 

This show needs to give the actors a long break and shut down production for a few MONTHS, so the tape date is a lot closer to air date. It takes FOREVER for change the way this is set up now.

• Love 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This show needs to give the actors a long break and shut down production for a few MONTHS, so the tape date is a lot closer to air date. It takes FOREVER for change the way this is set up now.

Yes.  It's ridiculous. 

He should also be funding some re-writing, re-shooting and re-editing to get new stuff on the air as quickly as possible.  His complete disregard for the audience that puts money in his pocket really, really pisses me off.  I can not imagine telling my customers, hey, I know my product isn't any good right now, hasn't been any good for several years, isn't going to be any good for the next few months, but hopefully will be better in September (fingers crossed!), so keep buying my stuff until then, OK?

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 6

Sigh.  Well, we can't say it wasn't expected.

The latest SOD says that Steve really does turn out to have a secret son with Ava.

The one silver lining to this cloud is that he at least tells Kayla right away.

• Love 2

Question: did we ever get to see those scenes of Hattie thanking Hope? I remember even seeing a spoiler photo of Deidre Hall as Hattie, with full makeup and a scarf, encountering Andre in Horton Town Square. Did that already air or not?

34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Question: did we ever get to see those scenes of Hattie thanking Hope? I remember even seeing a spoiler photo of Deidre Hall as Hattie, with full makeup and a scarf, encountering Andre in Horton Town Square. Did that already air or not?

Thank you.  I was wondering about that, as well.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:51 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Yes.  It's ridiculous. 

He should also be funding some re-writing, re-shooting and re-editing to get new stuff on the air as quickly as possible.  His complete disregard for the audience that puts money in his pocket really, really pisses me off.  I can not imagine telling my customers, hey, I know my product isn't any good right now, hasn't been any good for several years, isn't going to be any good for the next few months, but hopefully will be better in September (fingers crossed!), so keep buying my stuff until then, OK?

I agree but I also understand that if not for the money saved from this production model the show would be off the air. As it is, they've cut every budget they could on camera. The sets, lighting, hair, makeup and wardrobe is all hideous so they can't cut that. I also enjoy that they have so many vets around and all the returns they sprinkle in. I'd say where I AM upset with Ken Corday is that is allows the show to get so bad so we're in a situation like we are now. You can't afford to be lazy and hire Dena Higley. He knew exactly what he was getting. And then when it gets this bad you have to act fast so there isn't a six month gap before the show improves. So I don't blame him for not trashing episodes and reshooting, but I DO absolutely blame him for not working harder to prevent this from happening.

Going back over spoilers, February 22nd was supposed to be Hattie's final appearance and the teasers suggest that there was quite a bit shot, including her thanking Hope and tearing into Andre. I wonder why they cut it all?

14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Going back over spoilers, February 22nd was supposed to be Hattie's final appearance and the teasers suggest that there was quite a bit shot, including her thanking Hope and tearing into Andre. I wonder why they cut it all?

The new writers are editing things out to flow with their vision of the show.

14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The new writers are editing things out to flow with their vision of the show.

10 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

So I don't blame him for not trashing episodes and reshooting, but I DO absolutely blame him for not working harder to prevent this from happening.

I've tried to block out the specifics, but there was a fair amount of re-editing and cut stories during the perceived power struggle between Dena and Josh, and IMO it really hurt a number of storylines, and didn't lead to anything better when the writer's own writing kicked in.  You can only do so much tinkering with the old stories, and it can distract from the focus on the current writing, so I'd almost rather just see them focus on that.

I think we lost Lani scheming to steal Shawn away from Belle. No loss there.

I just thought it would have made more sense to include Hattie's last scene just to wrap that story up. Without it, all we have is Hope saying she'll get Hattie free...but doing nothing. Plus I'm not even sure how she'd help clear her name without implicating Andre. The evidence was him on camera and him depositing the money... with little else, how would she prove Hattie is innocent?

These plots often fail Writing 101.

Oh, I forgot about Lani and Shawn.  Agreed it's no loss in the long run, but now I remember thinking it was stupid they cut the soapiest part of the episode, when they were supposed to have their hotel room scenes.  And I was no fan of the Hattie story, but it made no sense to cut the resolution, probably in favor of some plot point in the Nicole/Chloe/Deimos story that had been repeated 12 times already.

Sometimes I feel like DAYS flattens out its stories on purpose.  When they have experimented with stronger arcs, it hasn't always helped the ratings.  But I always enjoy the show more when there is more purpose in the storytelling.

Friday March 24:
Brady and Eric share a warm reunion

Wow - expected them to milk the drama, not have Brady behave decently.

And I was no fan of the Hattie story, but it made no sense to cut the resolution, probably in favor of some plot point in the Nicole/Chloe/Deimos story that had been repeated 12 times already.

Thank You!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

CelebDirtyLaundry spoilers:

Days of Our Lives (DOOL) spoilers tease that additional drama is headed Abigail’s (Marci Miller) way. This character has obviously been through a lot. Ben (Robert Scott Wilson) forced Abigail to endure more than any human should. She thought she was going insane and eventually faked her own death.

Abigail regretted that move once she came home, but the damage was done. Now Abigail just wants to put her marriage back together. Unfortunately, Chad (Billy Flynn) cozied up to Gabi (Camila Banus) while Abigail was out of the picture. He still can’t cut off his feelings for the sexy Hernandez.

Days of Our Lives spoilers state that Abigail will catch Gabi and Chad in an awkward predicament. After Gabi walks in on Chad changing clothes, he’ll panic and stumble as he attempting to cover up. Once Gabi waltzes over to help, Abigail will enter and question the scene she’s witnessing.

Abigail will pretend she isn’t bothered by the situations Chad and Gabi keep ending up in. However, it’s obvious that she’s jealous and concerned. Every time Abigail thinks she’s in a good place with Chad, there’s another setback to deal with.

Days spoilers say Abigail will attempt to get rid of the threat setting Gabi up with Eli (Lamon Archey). It’s doubtful that plan will work just yet. Gabi needs to get over Chad before she can truly move on. The temptation could grow stronger for these two in the coming weeks.

At some point, Chad will sit down with Abigail to talk about how he’s feeling. He’ll probably confess that he’s struggling to let go of Gabi. Chad may remain committed to Abigail, but this will definitely be a major blow.

To make matters worse, Deimos (Vincent Irizarry) is furious with Chad (Billy Flynn) for messing up his ongoing artifact arrangement. DOOL spoilers suggest that Deimos will soon put his revenge plot in motion. Chad expects that Deimos will retaliate, but he has no idea just how brutal this will be.

Days of Our Lives spoilers indicate that Abigail will suddenly disappear. She might run away briefly because of Chad’s admission, but it seems likely that Deimos will have a hand in this. Chad will freak out over this startling news.

Once Dario (Jordi Vilasuso) learns Abigail is missing, he’ll want to help with the search. Dario is falling hard for Chad’s wife, which makes all of this even more complicated. 

• Love 1

Friday March 24:
Brady and Eric share a warm reunion

Wow - expected them to milk the drama, not have Brady behave decently.

Well I would hope so. They did grow up as brothers and the only other thing that got them at odds was when Kristen got Eric into bed. God forbid Daniel dying would destroy that relationship.

• Love 2

I never saw them have scenes together where they were happy and brotherly since I only really started watching in 2012 when Kristen returned. Given how dumb Brady typically is, I wasn't expecting the show to make him Eric's advocate. I would enjoy seeing them being brotherly towards one another (especially since Eric is supposed to be older than Brady by a good 15 years and I don't think I've ever seen him act that way) but then there is the Nicole Factor. She's going to end up with Brady soon and I'm not sure if the show will even address Eric's continued love for her. That could definitely be an obstacle for them.

Someone on another board made a comment about some rumor that John will return from his ISA mission with somebody else. That poster was speculating on whether or not it would be Theresa. I haven't heard a thing about this rumor and I'm wondering if any of the rest of you have...

From Jennifer Lilley's Dishin Days exit interview, it didn't sound like she had been invited to film again, and since that was in November and they are close to airing the episodes that were filmed in November, and I assume John is returning sometime in the next five weeks, I'm doubting Theresa will turn up with him...though narratively, it would be really cool for Shane to have involved John in Theresa's mission to take down Mateo. Which of course means that's exactly what isn't going to happen.

My question is whether or not anyone has heard about when John is likely to return or if he's supposed to be returning with another character in tow...

• Love 1

Dena said he was back as of late September... http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/news/48219/days-of-our-lives-drake-hogestyn-injured-in-fall

With a six month delay factored in, he could be back at the end of March...or start of April.

From DaysCafe:

DELICIOUS 
(Updated February 28, 2017) 
John's secret mission involves bringing 
someone back! 

SWEET AND SOUR! 
(Updated February 1, 2017) 
Someone is coming back to Salem this spring,
and it will be a sweet reunion for some, but
a sour ending for one ...

...if these are about the same plot...who could John bring back via the ISA? Theresa or Sami might warrant ISA intervention, but I can't think of who else...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

March 27 - Mar 31

Monday March 27:
Steve & Tripp have a paternity test to see if Steve is indeed his father. 

Tuesday March 28:
Abe tries to talk to Eli on Valerie's behalf. 

Wednesday March 29:
Adrienne finally chooses between Lucas & Justin. 

Thursday March 30:
Nicole is stunned when Brady returns to Canada & confesses his love for her. 

Friday March 31:
Abigail asks Chad hard questions about Deimos’s beating. 

Eric & Jennifer eagerly anticipate their date but things don't go quite as planned. 

• Love 2

Week of April 3:

Monday April 3:

Paul and Sonny finally make love.

Marlena and Kate have a girls' night out.

Tuesday April 4:

Nicole and Brady have their neighbors over for dinner and things take a bad turn for Nicole.

Wednesday April 5:

Ciara is pleasantly surprised when she meets Wyatt (played Scott Shilstone who played Zach Brady).

Thursday April 6:

Sonny is furious when Deimos demotes him.

Friday April 7:

Eduardo is hopeful he and Kate are finally going to work things out.

• Love 1

I'm probably of a minority who's happy about that first one under April 3.  Also happy about the second one under that day.  About time we're reminded that Kate and Marlena are friends.

Moderately interested in April 4.

That actor who'd played what Zack would've been like in the future was a remarkably good actor for that one scene he'd had with Peter and Kristian, so I'm interested in the Ciara spoiler only because of him.

Mildly intrigued by what could cause the second Sonny spoiler.

And I'm taking a wait-and-see mindset with the Eduardo/Kate spoiler.

Cont. 

Monday, April 3, 2017
Gabi learns Abigail & Chad plan to renew their vows. 

Tues, April 4, 2017
Nicole & Brady have their neighbors over for dinner & things take a bad turn for Nicole. 

Theo realizes he & Claire are moving too fast. 

Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Nicole panics over Scooter recognizing her. 

Thursday, April 6, 2017
Sonny is furious when Deimos demotes him. 

Abigail has a confrontation with Kate. 

Rafe & Hope eavesdrop on Deimos. 

Friday, April 7, 2017
Eduardo is hopeful he & Kate are finally going to work things out.

Paul is worried about Sonny’s continued obsession with destroying Deimos. 

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wonder if Super Hope will ultimately take down Deimos over the Bo debacle....in spite of the fact he bought her protection in prison.

If the writing for her is anything like the writing for Victor, all will be forgotten.

Not interested in the baby drama unless it includes Chloe being institutionalized.

So Brady admits his love for Nicole. Gee, nobody saw that coming.

Im not surprised about Paul and Sonny, but Im not going to knock it at this point.

Maybe Sonny can hire a hitman to take out Deimos after he gets demoted.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

The sex addict, Scooter, played by Robb Derringer, is going to be the husband of Nicole's neighbor Hilary.  I'm surprised, I thought he was going to be long term and involved with the college kids.

I wish the college kids, you know, went to college. At least Paige and JJ used to have scenes in the college common area and their classes were always being cancelled. These teens barely ever mention college.

• Love 2
On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎27 at 2:43 PM, Silver Raven said:

Turns out the sex addict guy knows Nicole from her hooker days.

So Nicole was a hooker in Winnipeg?  Or sex addict guy is hiding out in small town Manitoba?  Crazy.

• Love 1