Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I hate that Brady gets hot and heavy with Theresa. Bring back Chloe! 

She's not my first choice either but the alternative is Kristen and at least Theresa isn't a rapist.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She's not my first choice either but the alternative is Kristen and at least Theresa isn't a rapist.

No, she just cries rape.

If the rumours are true our boy Brady will set his sights on a third option, as nuts as the other two and bonus, also a rapist!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

No, she just falsely accuses people of rape and sends them to prison 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

No, she just falsely accuses people of rape and sends them to prison 

That’s bad but again unlike Kristen  she didn’t rape Brady 

54 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

No, she just cries rape.

If the rumours are true our boy Brady will set his sights on a third option, as nuts as the other two and bonus, also a rapist!

That would be much preferable to me. However I think he’s best in family stories than his romances

• Like 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

*reaches for the advil, shaking his head*

She talks about it here:

I would honestly be surprised if the black wigs don't make an appearance because it's already an established part of Abby's DID. 

I am actually really interested in seeing how the Abby/Gabi stuff goes (or if they change it to something different) because it's being played by someone who actually has DID and can bring some lived experience to it. I also wonder if they're going to retcon Abby's childhood to include sexual abuse like what happened to Jessica on One To Live. (No, in case you want to know, Ron wasn't responsible for that. He is, however, responsible for Jessica thinking that she's her teenaged self again and going back to high school for a bit. LOL)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Oh I already saw that vid. 😄

There are no words to describe just how badly I do not want to see any of this.

ALMC is a good actress, but her trauma and issues should not be exploited by Ron's indulgent storylines. This is a huge nonstarter for me.

And we're already seeing a lame DID story. Make it stop please.

...remember when we thought Chad might go gay?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Think Tink will ever come back to DOOL? He was cast on some primetime cop show or something right?

It's possible. I never got the feeling the bridges were burned. He's booked and doing a lot of work, but he's not getting primed to be a Ryan Murphy star ala Nicholas Alexander Chavez or anything like that.

• Like 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, brisbydog said:

This is the spoiler thread, so who is that third option?

. . . Oh, no.  The only other option who fits that bill (in terms of being nuts and also a rapist) is . . . Ava, isn't it?

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm willing to see what Brady/Ava is like. I really like him with EOB/Theresa though.

Their smush name is cute tbh Brava.

Although wasn't Ava involved with John? Not like it stopped Brady before but I feel like the show ignores this for some reason.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

This is the spoiler thread, so who is that third option?

. . . Oh, no.  The only other option who fits that bill (in terms of being nuts and also a rapist) is . . . Ava, isn't it?

Yes that's the one. Totally Brady's type too

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Their smush name is cute tbh Brava.

Although wasn't Ava involved with John? Not like it stopped Brady before but I feel like the show ignores this for some reason.

John and Ava was kinda hot despite the actors' almost 18-year age gap. Amazing how Drake still stayed in great shape and pulled it off with a younger actress in his late 50s. 

The idea of Brady collecting another one of his father's leftovers doesn't sound the least bit suprising, after all he and his one-time stepmother were an item not so long ago, maintaining a larger ensemble cast was no longer an affordable choice and we all know being picky is not Brady's style.

The bar is low for Days now so Brava would actually be more acceptable in comparison to the other available options tbh.

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 5

Revolting option, if you ask me.

How is Brady's mother a psychologist yet he's so blissfully unaware of how lame and broken he's become? I can't imagine his self esteem sinking any lower given his dating track record this past decade (and failed engagements) but being with Ava would certainly do it.

Tired of looking at her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

How is Brady's mother a psychologist yet he's so blissfully unaware of how lame and broken he's become? I can't imagine his self esteem sinking any lower given his dating track record this past decade (and failed engagements) but being with Ava would certainly do it.

Tired of looking at her.

I don't like Ava either she's well past her expiration date and doesn't work as a long term character. However since we're stuck with her I rather see this than the alternatives.

• Like 6

Ava is leading all stats for the year as most featured character. The audience hates her but someone on the show thinks she's the star 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Tired of looking at her.

Nowhere near as revolting as Bold & Beautiful tbh.  Brooke Logan had been whoring around the love interests of her family members all these years, yet she was hailed as a heroine who simply followed her heart. Ron Moss’s Ridge Forrester was always warmly received by audiences despite being a serial cheater and rapist. Decades later, his son Thomas Forrester followed his father's suit. Thomas went after women that were taken and took advantage of an unconscious Caroline Spencer Jr, TPTBs later turned it into love and he was quickly forgiven. 

At least Brady doesn’t get the golden treatment from Days to the degree Ridge, Brooke and Thomas received from B&B.  

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Ava is leading all stats for the year as most featured character. The audience hates her but someone on the show thinks she's the star 

Maybe they believed in Tamara Braun's capabilities as an actor. She was considered the most successful recast of General Hospital’s Carly after Sarah Brown left, and her pairing with Ted King's Lorenzo had enjoyed popularity among GH viewers. 

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oh well sure, bring up Brooke Freaking Logan 😄😄😄 

I don't buy Kristen suddenly not wanting Alex, but it is a refreshing change I suppose. 

I guess the Melinda twist is that she agrees to reopen Gabi's case in exchange for Rafe ignoring her role in the baby swap?

It looks like Eric changes shirts while still being pissed at Sloan. Does she stay in the mansion overnight for extra helpings of guilt the following day?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess the Melinda twist is that she agrees to reopen Gabi's case in exchange for Rafe ignoring her role in the baby swap?

I guess they had to get Melinda out of this somehow.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Sunrain said:

Maybe they believed in Tamara Braun's capabilities as an actor. She was considered the most successful recast of General Hospital’s Carly after Sarah Brown left, and her pairing with Ted King's Lorenzo had enjoyed popularity among GH viewers. 

The problem is they forced Carly and Jason on an audience who didn't care or want them. 4 days a week for months at the expense of characters we actually are invested in

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't buy Kristen suddenly not wanting Alex, but it is a refreshing change I suppose. 

Ron said he dumped some scab plots immediately. That's one down. I'm expecting Radioactive Baby will go next. And the boring teens seem to have vanished from all spoilers

10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh well sure, bring up Brooke Freaking Logan 😄😄😄 

Reva Shayne was worse. I mean she slept with her brother husbands elderly dad. And married him 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Sunrain said:

Nowhere near as revolting as Bold & Beautiful tbh.  Brooke Logan had been whoring around the love interests of her family members all these years, yet she was hailed as a heroine who simply followed her heart. Ron Moss’s Ridge Forrester was always warmly received by audiences despite being a serial cheater and rapist. Decades later, his son Thomas Forrester followed his father's suit. Thomas went after women that were taken and took advantage of an unconscious Caroline Spencer Jr, TPTBs later turned it into love and he was quickly forgiven. 

At least Brady doesn’t get the golden treatment from Days to the degree Ridge, Brooke and Thomas received from B&B.  

Brady isn't nearly as awful tbh sure he's had failed relationships but he's rather loyal considering. I also don't think he's been a homewrecker (although he kept Eric/Nicole apart that one time but that's about all I can think of at the moment).

I didn't really care for TB's version of Carly until she was paired with Lorenzo then they trashed that to do another redux of S&C. However, on Days if they wanted Ava to be a mainstay they shouldn't have taken her as far as they did. Soaps can't make characters like Ben, Kristen, and Ava like everyone else and expect the audience to forget because they like the actors. The drama becomes neutered and then nothing matters. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

The problem is they forced Carly and Jason on an audience who didn't care or want them. 4 days a week for months at the expense of characters we actually are invested in

So basically they made the exact same mistake that GH did in 2021. Most GH viewers didn't want Jarly either. Still don't. Which genius thought that repeating a competitor's absolute fail was a good idea?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lilabennet said:

So basically they made the exact same mistake that GH did in 2021. Most GH viewers didn't want Jarly either. Still don't. Which genius thought that repeating a competitor's absolute fail was a good idea?

Well Ron wrote for GH in the past

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Let's not put the absolute insanity of GH turning into the Sonny/Carly/Jason show on Ron now lol. 

I don't but he was there when it was still that show was my point. If anything Ron actually wrote Sonny as a bad guy and because of that Mo got him fired allegedly. However that's more of a GH topic than a Days one.

If anything this just reinforces Ron writes what he knows GH/OLTL history he doesn't really care about Days history that much beyond John/Marlena and it shows onscreen.

• Like 1
(edited)

I had forgotten what he did with Sonny. Ron actually has a lot of great ideas/talent, which I guess makes his bad stuff even more glaring. Although, I think some of it is probably more on TPTB above him tbh. 

I’m glad he’s back since Friday’s episode was so much more entertaining for me on the whole than anything the scabs did.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If anything this just reinforces Ron writes what he knows GH/OLTL history he doesn't really care about Days history that much beyond John/Marlena and it shows onscreen.

There are so many things he does that feels like it's trying to bring GH/OLTL onto Days. The April Fool's stuff and DID stuff is pure One Life to Live. The Dimera stuff feels like some mishmash of the Buchanans on One Life to Live and the Quartermaines on General Hospital. You can tell he was getting a kick out of the Carly/Jason stuff, and he crapped on one of my all-time favorite pairings (Edmund/Susan) in order to prop them to boot! (I don't even hate Ava and Harris, but I did hate Edmund getting thrown under the bus.)

Although I don't actually hate it. I really enjoy the EJ/Stefan sibling rivalry even though sibling rivalries between the Dimera siblings wasn't really that much of a thing on this show before Ron. They barely interacted at all, if I remember 2000's Days right.

On 6/1/2024 at 9:03 AM, brisbydog said:

Ron said he dumped some scab plots immediately. That's one down. I'm expecting Radioactive Baby will go next. And the boring teens seem to have vanished from all spoilers

Tate, Holly, and Sofia do seem to stick around (they're in the 15,000 episode photo) but I could see Aaron being a goner and being swapped out for a hot bad boy. They seriously need it. The GH teen scene was so boring until they had Dez and then later a SORASed Spencer.

• Like 3

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Monday, June 10:

The day of Salem’s most apprehensively awaited wedding finally arrives. However, it is not wedding bells that ring out but gunshots as someone gets the business end of a bullet at Konstantin and Maggie’s wedding.

Even more paranoia and confusion quickly come to the boil and it is not long until Konstantin is making a confession to give people the shudders.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Tuesday, June 11:

In the wake of the bloody wedding day, Alex, Brady, and Xander are left to wonder what the meaning behind Konstantin’s elusive warning actually could be.

Meanwhile, Stephanie may wish that she was still being kept in the dark when Marlena comes to her with some more disturbing information that she has learned about Everett.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Wednesday, June 12:

In a move that EJ likely never saw coming, Eric turns to his old rival and sometime enemy to request his legal help.

Searching for help of a very different kind, Leo decides it may be time to flop on Marlena’s couch as he decides it’s time to get to the bottom of why nobody loves him.

And Johnny and Chanel are anxiously waiting for the latest test results about their baby to come in so they can plan their next steps.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Thursday, June 13:

With one question still looming, Johnny has another to ponder.

He fills Chanel in about the job offer that has come his way and they wonder how this might impact their future.

Across town, Rafe is more concerned about digging up the past and uses the opportunity to grill Clyde about his many crimes over the years.

Days of our Lives Spoilers for Friday, June 14:

Julie is left startled by what Chad announces when he shows up to see her with the revelations that have been ringing in his ears. Is Abigail really alive like Clyde suggests or was he lying to save his life? And if she is alive, why would he have stayed in prison this whole time? 

In light of this upset, Stefan is eager to clear Gabi and goes to Kristen for her help. And Paulina may have some questions after Chanel comes to her with the latest on what she and Johnny have planned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Searching for help of a very different kind, Leo decides it may be time to flop on Marlena’s couch as he decides it’s time to get to the bottom of why nobody loves him.

Ron, we don't need to see or hear this.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

However, it is not wedding bells that ring out but gunshots as someone gets the business end of a bullet at Konstantin and Maggie’s wedding.

Someone shoots Kon?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ron, we don't need to see or hear this.

Someone shoots Kon?

If Dee loves an actor, sooner or later they end up in therapy with Marlena. I remain eternally grateful that she apparently does not love Paul Telfer.

And yeah, sounds like Kon is shot, makes half a confession, and croaks. Thank you Ron!!!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hopefully Ron doesn't scrap the prom, which has been heavily teased for weeks now.

I rather liked the teen actors.

It would be dumb to scrap the prom because it seems like it'd be the perfect event to hook up Brady and Theresa, which has been teased ever since EOB took over.

I actually like them as well. Honestly, probably more than I liked the GH teen scene before Nicholas Alexander Chavez showed up.

• Like 5

Kon dying abruptly is a bit of a downer since I was hoping for more of a payoff to his grudge against John and his manipulation of Maggie. I wanted to see her rip into him for all the lies and emotional games. It's been months of this! Blasting him off the canvas isn't exactly satisfying if he was at the center of two big storylines.

I hope Ron plays them both out instead of abruptly stopping them.

• Like 5
(edited)

I'm just looking out for your best interests :)

Leo is Ron's stand-in, and now we get to hear Ron, through Leo, have an indulgent therapy session with Marlena? About his insecurities?

No thanks.

Villains on soaps are usually self aware. They do bad things for good reasons and they own it. Leo has done awful things but is routinely written as though he gets a pass...purely because Ron wants it that way.

And he never shuts up because Ron thinks Leo (aka himself) is endearing or quirky.

Years ago, Will, Sonny and their entire families and friends would have been justified to ignore this guy completely or openly hate on him.

Unless Leo is brain damaged, there are obvious answers to the question "why don't people like me?" No therapy required.

And something tells me this will also be part of some redemption, which I refuse to accept.

Its all such a waste of time. How's about we write a decent storyline for poor Abe? Or Kate? Or Lucas?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
17 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I actually like Leo but no lol. Just let people be morally bankrupt assholes without trying to give them some horrible backstory to justify it, dammit!

29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

They do bad things for good reasons and they own it. Leo has done awful things but is routinely written as though he gets a pass...purely because Ron wants it that way.

Sorry but this is literally every single character. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually like Leo but no lol. Just let people be morally bankrupt assholes without trying to give them some horrible backstory to justify it, dammit!

Sorry but this is literally every single character. 

Yeah but Leo never shuts up, and never says anything in 5 words that he can say in 50. He wears me out just listening to him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Yeah but Leo never shuts up, and never says anything in 5 words that he can say in 50. He wears me out just listening to him. 

Amen! I don't mind a few pop culture references now and again, but everything about him is so heavy-handed and cringy. I never laugh when they try to make him humorous. I only want it to stop.

He commits crimes then acts all naive and sheepish when someone blows up at him.  Is it supposed to be cute? It's not.

I get that there's a soap formula where, for instance, Stefano does bad things and then narrowly avoids death and incarceration...but they knew how to write an interesting villain then, and his portrayer was warm and mesmerizing and a good time.

The stubborn refusal to accept that certain characters aren't working and reduce their screentime or write them out entirely is one of this show's biggest problems.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

He commits crimes then acts all naive and sheepish when someone blows up at him.  Is it supposed to be cute? It's not.

Again, I think this basically applies to all the characters. It just doesn't annoy as much when it's characters you (or me or anyone) like lol.

The stubborn refusal to accept that certain characters aren't working and reduce their screentime or write them out entirely is one of this show's biggest problems.

It's really hard to know whether characters are working or not for the general/wider audience. This board is such a small sample and one I highly doubt TPTB care about. They're probably looking more to Facebook and Twitter, which I don't personally follow so I don't know who they're liking.

• Like 6
On 6/4/2024 at 5:52 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Again, I think this basically applies to all the characters. It just doesn't annoy as much when it's characters you (or me or anyone) like lol.

I don't think that's true. I think some characters are like that - off the top of my head - I would say people like Kristen, EJ, Xander, and Gwen. They're mostly remorseless for the bad things they've done and actually get huffy when their victims call them on it. But most characters aren't remorseless and apologize when they've hurt people. Leo is definitely one of the worst offenders when it comes to being remorseless and having the audacity to not only get annoyed when called out on bad behavior but seems mystified that that person is mad at him.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:52 PM, peachmangosteen said:

It's really hard to know whether characters are working or not for the general/wider audience. This board is such a small sample and one I highly doubt TPTB care about. They're probably looking more to Facebook and Twitter, which I don't personally follow so I don't know who they're liking.

Agreed. People say things like "so-and-so character/couple is unpopular" but what is that based on? It can't be based on this board, because like you say, it represents a very, very small percentage of the soap viewing audience. I'm not even sure Twitter is a good gauge of it, especially how toxic that place can get.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not even sure Twitter is a good gauge of it, especially how toxic that place can get.

Very true but in terms of TPTB, I assume they probably look to Twitter and Facebook to gauge audience reaction. They aren't going to look here lol. Although, I could imagine Ron and/or some of his underlings might lurk here from time to time.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Very true but in terms of TPTB, I assume they probably look to Twitter and Facebook to gauge audience reaction. They aren't going to look here lol. Although, I could imagine Ron and/or some of his underlings might lurk here from time to time.

I have a lot of time on my hands and visit all the message boards: I can tell you that 99% of posters absolutely loathe Alex. However, instagram is filled with fawning fans and that is unfortunately probably where Peacock looks.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I have a lot of time on my hands and visit all the message boards: I can tell you that 99% of posters absolutely loathe Alex. However, instagram is filled with fawning fans and that is unfortunately probably where Peacock looks.

I always forget about Instagram lol. Yea, that's definitely a place they care about, probably because it most likely skews younger.

But also, sure, Ron and people higher than him will have faves that they keep around. Although, it's not like they're the only ones. All the soaps do this.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3

I can't imagine that Konman's shuddering confession is just that the will was changed. That would make people furious, but not shudder. I am wondering if he did something that brought down Victor's plane, so essentially he killed Vic? And, we still have to get closure on the daughter - is she dead or not?  And, once he is gone (hopefully in the next week), who cares about his daughter and why would she show up in Salem?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I can't imagine that Konman's shuddering confession is just that the will was changed. That would make people furious, but not shudder. I am wondering if he did something that brought down Victor's plane, so essentially he killed Vic? And, we still have to get closure on the daughter - is she dead or not?  And, once he is gone (hopefully in the next week), who cares about his daughter and why would she show up in Salem?

The daughter, and the pawn drivel, was a scab invention. Ron will drop that shit like it never happened

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The daughter, and the pawn drivel, was a scab invention. Ron will drop that shit like it never happened

I would guffaw if Kon was like, "No, I never actually had a daughter and I was making the entire story up. This girl is just a stock model that I got with the picture frame." 

It does look like some things are sticking- Felicity is sticking around according to her intro article.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

I wouldn't.

Sorry but ego is no excuse to throw out the work that was done by other people and is now in play. Comics do this all too often and it destabilizes everything and confuses the audience.

Use what was written, change course if you need to, but don't tell the audience "oh none of the last 8 months matter!" and toss and ignore whatever.

I remember when Another World abruptly changed course with Bobby Reno and turned him into Dr Shane Roberts just because! 🙄 That character was a mess.

Even if you don't like it, use it, work with it and be a pro.

The mention today of the time capsule was a bit of a relief because it suggested Ron isn't necessarily throwing everything out.

• Like 2
  • Love 2