Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Zander made me feel better, though.

And, see, as a Zander (and yeah, Zander/Emily fan, mainly AT as Emily) fan, I hated Zander/Liz. It wasn't a real triangle, just like Zander was also the cuckold in the Zander/Emily/Nik "triangle".

Liz didn't really want Zander. As usual, she wanted Jason. But Zander was a warm body and stroked her ego. (Not to say Zander was a complete innocent as he still seemed hung up on Emily, but that kind of made it worse as Liz was her BFF.) Zander was just the interloper in any given romance that involved him once the Messiah Jason returned (as he seemed to have Jason's "slot" on the show during Steve Burton's absence), which sucked, because (and I know this is unpopular) I thought Chad Brannon acted circles around Steve Burton.

And I saw a pic of him the other day on his IMDB page. He looked like he aged quite well at 37, if the pic is recent!

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Chad Brannon acted circles around Steve Burton.

Um, yeah, by that time? 100%. I just got done watching the scene where Liz is unconscious at the hospital (after she sees Carly in the panic room) and Jason has like 0 emotion and is like, "You need to stay away from Ric. He's going to kill you." Again, she's unconscious. And Jason might as well be.

Also, I was never a fan of Liz/Zander either. He just entered a clip I was watching and I swooned.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UYI said:

So there's THREE scenes where Carly and Liz fight/slap each other/use the phrase meal ticket? My brain is spinning.

And none of them compare, for me, to the slap Robin gave Carly when she came back in 2005.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Pardon the interruption, but I forgot how horrible Liz/Jason/Courtney were. They always had to make Liz like, beg for Jason. Makes me nauseous. Zander made me feel better, though.

Frons didn't understand the appeal of Elizabeth/BH (because she wasn't blond with big tits)  and said so shortly after he started as the ABC executive.  He and Pratt were the drivers behind jourtney.  AJ and Liz were both the big bads to make jourtney fly.  

Liz should have never been involved with Zander given he'd doped her with a roofie at a rave months before.  I didn't like Brannon either.  

• Love 1

I liked liz and Zander second one night (when Cameron was conceived) when Elizabeth was ending it with Ric and Zander caught Emily and Nikolas. I didn't like Zander and Elizabeth in 2002. It didn't go anywhere and it's only purpose was so Jason could be high and mighty. But I guess that led to liric so I can have good things sometimes!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, melody16 said:

I liked liz and Zander second one night (when Cameron was conceived) when Elizabeth was ending it with Ric and Zander caught Emily and Nikolas. I didn't like Zander and Elizabeth in 2002. It didn't go anywhere and it's only purpose was so Jason could be high and mighty. But I guess that led to liric so I can have good things sometimes!

Cameron's conception was all about Nem.  Hated it that Emily got to basically off-load her "husband" so she could continue to rut with Dik with a clear conscious.  Nem.  Rage inducing.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, cmahorror said:

And none of them compare, for me, to the slap Robin gave Carly when she came back in 2005.

Again with the "you were jealous bc you couldn't have a family bc you're HIV positive." I legit can't. Help.

And I will forever think the "Robin is judgmental" crap is hysterical. You mean she thinks killing and stealing babies is wrong? OH THE HORROR!!!!

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Did Monica and Alan ever face the same criticism that Luke/Laura did over Alan raping her and plotting to kill her?

Not sure, but if not, it might be because Alan / Monica were treated more as humorous than a sweeping romance (as L & L were meant to be).

A & M loved each other, but went through many periods of hating each other, divorcing, and sleeping around on each other.   They were supposed to be kind of an odd pair.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, cmahorror said:

Not that you redirect the conversation towards your fave or anything. ;)

But seriously, if that third scene is out there, I NEED TO SEE IT. 

7 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Frons didn't understand the appeal of Elizabeth/BH (because she wasn't blond with big tits).

Hey, we're not all bad! ;)

And he liked Sam--a brunette with big tits. So clearly he doesn't see hair color. :P

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, UYI said:

Hey, we're not all bad! ;)

And he liked Sam--a brunette with big tits. So clearly he doesn't see hair color. :P

You do understand that's not something to be proud of right?  That it speaks to sexism on Frons part.  It was all about what made him stiff in his pants.  Not seeing what is humorous about it.  He was an ogre and was allowed to micro-mange everything he oversaw into the ground.  Took swipes at Kathy Briers (OLTL) weight too.  

Just now, coffee drinker said:

You do understand that's not something to be proud of right?  That it speaks to sexism on Frons part.  It was all about what made him stiff in his pants.  Not seeing what is humorous about it.  He was an ogre and was allowed to micro-mange everything he oversaw into the ground.  Took swipes at Kathy Briers (OLTL) weight too.  

I was only joking. That was what I look like and I was only playing along. Of course how he treated Becky and KB was wrong. I'm sorry. :( 

17 minutes ago, UYI said:

I was only joking. That was what I look like and I was only playing along. Of course how he treated Becky and KB was wrong. I'm sorry. :( 

Well you still didn't get the complete point.  Which was his actions/views regarding ALW and KMo weren't flattering to them as actresses either.  They benefited because he was aroused by them.  What does that say about how they managed to be leads on the show opposite SBu/Jason?  Wasn't their acting abilities to him.  If you have the same appearance as them, I would think you'd be offended on their behalf.    

1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

Well you still didn't get the complete point.  Which was his actions/views regarding ALW and KMo weren't flattering to them as actresses either.  They benefited because he was aroused by them.  What does that say about how they managed to be leads on the show opposite SBu/Jason?  Wasn't their acting abilities to him.  If you have the same appearance as them, I would think you'd be offended on their behalf.    

It seemed to me UYI was simply pointing out that being blonde with big boobs (or anyone with big boobs) doesn't inherently make one a bimbo. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

UYI, you didn't say anything wrong. It was perfectly clear you were mocking Frons for being a pig, not endorsing his behavior.

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It seemed to me UYI was simply pointing out in that being blonde with big boobs (or anyone with big boobs) doesn't inherently make one a bimbo. 

Also, this.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

SBu was SO BAD in 2003, wtf, why am I doing this!?! I can't look away.

Also stop retroactively tainting my Lante memories with Courtney and Jason in the loft, show. ick.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

It seemed to me UYI was simply pointing out that being blonde with big boobs (or anyone with big boobs) doesn't inherently make one a bimbo. 

And you didn't get my point either.  It had nothing to do if she shared similar looks to the actresses.  I made no reference to them being bimbos.  The focus was that Frons objectified them because of their appearances and his response to them.  That as women viewers we should be offended that he saw them for the sexual aspect.  That she'd make a joke about it?  He was an ogre.  

19 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

And you didn't get my point either.  It had nothing to do if she shared similar looks to the actresses.  I made no reference to them being bimbos.  The focus was that Frons objectified them because of their appearances and his response to them.  That as women viewers we should be offended that he saw them for the sexual aspect.  That she'd make a joke about it?  He was an ogre.  

You called ALW "a blonde with big tits". Was that supposed to be from Frons' point of view or your own?

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Does anyone know what behind-the-scenes reasons were for recasting Lucky with Jacob Young?

Of all of the soap recasts I've seen over years, it still sticks out as one of the oddest.  

He was fresh off of a popular run on Bold and the Beautiful. 

40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Oh my, the boy band hair phase + bad acting = MUST-SEE TV.

Okay, we need to post some good clips, otherwise people are gonna think we're total masochists, as opposed to just being partial masochists.

Lucky's FACE when Liz catches the bouquet.

Oh, and then if you rewind to 49:40, Lucky, Liz, and Nikolas are all at the wedding, and Nik and Lucky/Liz bump into each other, and when they keep accidentally going the same way to get out of each other's way, Liz tries to ease the awkwardness by thanking Nikolas for not telling anyone he saw her leave a support group. Very nice character beat. And then Lucky walks on ahead and reaches out for Liz's hand without even looking, knowing she's going to grab it. I rewound that a lot. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Liz: So your dad gave no destination, no return date?

Lucky: All he said was that he was proud of me. You can imagine how thrilled I was to hear that. He took credit for teaching me how to find my own way, as if this whole nightmare was deliberately designed as some kind of growth experience for me.

• Love 2

Have Sonny and Carly ever outright cheated on each other? They've cheated with each other while with other people, but on each other? I feel like they were always at least separated before they hooked up with someone else.

Sonny cheated on Carly ... with Sam and got her knocked up. Because Carly wasn't recovering from being shot in the head by him to his liking. I hate Carly, but even she didn't deserve to see him smugly smile at her while Sam was doing him. He caught Lorenzo kissing Carly (goodbye), and wouldn't let Carly explain herself, because she was having trouble connecting to her family...after being shot in the head by Sonny. When she went to Jason for some validation for her feelings, Jason, the former med student pre head injury and certified serial killer post head injury, yelled at her about it didn't give her an excuse, and partly facilitated/condoned the affair, never once sticking up for Carly.  Then Carly took up with Lorenzo, because really who could blame her at that point. To really stick it to her, he attempted to get her parental rights terminated for Michael and newborn Morgan and even had Lucky arrest her when she picked up Morgan in the park. Of course when Sonny was on team!Carly and Lucky had to arrest Carly, Sonny hammered on how Lucky and Carly were family. I am pretty sure MB became threaten when CarLo took off while SamSon didn't.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

When she went to Jason for some validation for her feelings, Jason, the former med student pre head injury and certified serial killer post head injury, yelled at her about it didn't give her an excuse, and partly facilitated/condoned the affair, never once sticking up for Carly.

Ah yes . . . I believe that must have been the video I posted a page or two back. Jason was gross.

Does anyone remember what year it was that Lucky (GV), Nikolas, and Lulu were sitting on a couch together, and they were like, okay, let's hang out, then stared awkwardly, and they all got on their cell phones?

• Love 1

lol Jason

Jason: okay just take me through this slow, I've never been on the internet, and I have no idea what a web . . . page is and can you explain to me how it's gonna help me fix motorcycles.

I guess it's fair though, since he lost all his memories only two years before. But it's still funny. 

3 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Lucky and Liz! My heart! Oh, ulkis, I love you so much I want to kill your bio father and lie to your face about it.

Ah, bygones! You took all the credit for the bomb I had already mostly managed to get off the cruise boat we were on!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I guess it's fair though, since he lost all his memories only two years before. But it's still funny. 

I kinda loved it, though, and it made sense. On one side, all this crap was brand new to him, but on the other, he had reserved knowledge that would just come to him or he'd be reading MEDICAL JOURNALS and understood them. I miss that Jason.

Edited by HeatLifer

Stefan: Lucky, this is the first time you've come to my home as an invited guest. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Lucky: Thank you.

Stefan: I look upon this as a turning point, and quite promising.

Lucky: (beat) Cool. (drinks, walks away)

It's really a shame they did not share more scenes.

• Love 2