Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Since my divorce I have had my ex in my home with his second wife, who he is now divorcing, and his current girlfriend. To some that makes me strange.

I don't think that is odd at all. We have spent many holidays with my husband's ex (who would rival Matt for narcissism) for the sake of the children. Even when they were adults. And of course included her boyfriend of the day (who we pretty much always like better than we like her) if she had one. Heck, I once invited her to spend Christmas with us when I knew she would be alone (due to her actions her own family had cut her out of their lives), and my step kids were adults. But I did it for them. However, I invited her into my home, not someone else. There was no odd situation where there is with Matt and Caryn, where Caryn was essentially Amy's long time employee turned husband/ex's employee/lover. And we were not being filmed for a reality tv show to be aired in front of millions of people. 

It does make me wonder though - did Matt and Caryn invite Amy to the baby shower they threw for Zack and Tori? Or even better, Amy and Chris? I bet not. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's my suspicion that she and Matt had an inappropriate relationship before the divorce and Amy has hinted as much, too.  Caryn and Matt seem to have only just gone public with their relationship and I would think it would be obvious to anyone that it was an especially sore subject for Amy at the moment. Do her feelings not merit any consideration at all?

I agree with all of your post, Celia. And hadn't read yours before I posted my own. I think as well that having Caryn there for a reveal was silly - the kid hasn't even been born yet, so it was not that big of a deal. 

With regards to your thoughts above, I remember as well Amy hinting last season that Matt was already 'dating'. I was a bit taken by surprise as I thought he would at least be smart enough to do it without anyone knowing if he was so anxious to get on with his life. However it does seem very obvious now that he has been 'dating' Caryn for awhile,  including when he actually had a wife. Asshole.

Edited to add - the info posted on this thread about only Matt, Caryn and Molly having keys to Matt's office was just yucky. Talk about red flags. So was that Matt and Caryn's love nest before he moved into the DW? And because I can't say it too often. Asshole.  

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ZoloftBlob said:

And add in the fact that Amy pointedly isn't shoving Chris in Matt's face and didn't invite Chris because she felt the event was too family oriented and didn't want to detract from Zach and Tory - Matt hauling Caryn in was the equivalent of Amy bringing poor Mike Detjen as her date (and I admit I wondered about them having an emotional affair at the time)

And IIRC, Amy herself didn't even attend the shower Matt (and Caryn, blech) threw for Zach and Tori in the double wide.  I don't know if Amy really had a engagement and Matt took advantage of the timing to prevent her from attending or if Amy just pretended to be busy or what, but she managed to make herself scarce and avoid a lot of awkwardness. 

Why couldn't Caryn show the same courtesy?

Really, given how rude Matt was to Amy in the kitchen and what I suspect was a total act of assholery by pushing for an invite for Caryn, it seems like the two of them were actually going out of their way to make Amy as uncomfortable as possible. And that just sucks.

Yeah, I admit ... I read every ill intention into Matt's behavior that is possible, lol.   I just think he is such a jerk.  Amy is no prize ... trust me, I logged pages of posts ragging on her way back when.  But I don't get the sense that she goes out of her way to irritate Matt the way he does to her, nor is she as sneaky and disrespectful as he is.  And I think his relationship with Caryn is slimy.  They are not going to get any breaks from me anytime soon. Nope.  Nada.

14 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

However it does seem very obvious now that he has been 'dating' Caryn for awhile,  including when he actually had a wife. Asshole. 

Yep. I totally agree.  And being able to rub it in Amy's face openly now is bringing him a lot of pleasure.  Just a total asshole. 

• Love 8
(edited)

It does make me wonder though - did Matt and Caryn invite Amy to the baby shower they threw for Zack and Tori? Or even better, Amy and Chris? I bet not. 

Of course they didn't. And the one time the kids overstepped and invited Amy to Matt's place for game night, Matt made it his mission to be a miserable bitch to all, complete with making angry faces and stomping off to his bedroom. He was *displeased* that he was not getting his way and that his kids DARED invite someone he didn't want in his home. A rare occasion where I think we were getting a real reaction from him.

I suspect the kids expend a lot of energy making sure to not piss Daddy Matt off and Amy goes along with it because that man is an utter prick when pissed so its easier to let the baby have his way, rather than protest shit like flouncing in with his new girlfriend on his arm, a new girlfriend that everyone with a brain has to be suspicious about.

This is where I'd like to see the kids get some hard questions, Jeremy in particular since he's been so unforgiving of his mother dating - come on Jeremy, your daddy is banging his long time secretary, is she gonna be "Grandma Caryn" so you can keep Daddy sweet?

Yep. I totally agree.  And being able to rub it in Amy's face openly now is bringing him a lot of pleasure.  Just a total asshole. 

Rubbing it in on camera, at a special even for his kids, knowing that if he does provoke a reaction, his lovely fans will insist it's yet again an example of poor widdle Matt innocently attending a family event and Amy being awful.

When in reality, he's bringing the "other woman" into her home, and flaunting it because he knows it pisses her off and he knows he won't get called on his shit.

I really hope *Caryn* is thinking long and hard about this.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 8

I tend to excuse that in that my understanding is that Jacob isn't referenced per his request. And there's really no way to address his absence without it drawing attention to the reason why.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Of course they didn't. And the one time the kids overstepped and invited Amy to Matt's place for game night, Matt made it his mission to be a miserable bitch to all, complete with making angry faces and stomping off to his bedroom. He was *displeased* that he was not getting his way and that his kids DARED invite someone he didn't want in his home. A rare occasion where I think we were getting a real reaction from him.

I suspect the kids expend a lot of energy making sure to not piss Daddy Matt off and Amy goes along with it because that man is an utter prick when pissed so its easier to let the baby have his way, rather than protest shit like flouncing in with his new girlfriend on his arm, a new girlfriend that everyone with a brain has to be suspicious about.

I was wondering about that. I suspect that when Zach & Tori were making the list, they knew that they had to include Matt's side piece to prevent Matt having an epic temper tantrum like he did the last time. If they left him out, he'd be insulted. If he was invited by himself, he'd have bitched. It was lose lose for them. I think they knew that Amy could be the grown up in the situation, even if it was an awful choice for her. Even had it been at their house, Matt would have insisted that Caryn attend. I could see him using the fact that they met while working at the farm, where conceivably Tori was under Caryn, as justification to invite her. "She's known you both since you started dating." We have seen how petty Matt can be.

• Love 5

I think Amy tends to be a bottom line sort of person. With the divorce, she's now responsible for her own retirement which means she's going to be careful with financial assets. I could see her letting an adult child move back in to the family home (in part because I think most parents would if there was even a minor need) What I don't see is Amy signing over ownership of the property.

I am also curious - very curious - to see if anyone in the family addresses the elephant in the room of Audrey and Jer getting knocked up as soon as Zach and Tory announced without a thought to where they were going to be living?

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I am also curious - very curious - to see if anyone in the family addresses the elephant in the room of Audrey and Jer getting knocked up as soon as Zach and Tory announced without a thought to where they were going to be living?

Oh, they thought about where they were going to be living alright.  The little schemers! 

What they didn't seem to think about is how they were going to be EARNING a living.

I guess maybe they think the reality show money will never dry up ... no matter how low the ratings or how meh and boring the show becomes, TLC will never pull the plug.  Just look at the Duggars.  They may be right! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1

As long as Jeremy keeps acting like an entitled child, people will continue to watch LPBW...And that means money in his pocket!  I really think he expects to inherit the entire farm and would have no problem cutting out Zach, Molly and Jacob.

• Love 5

I can see story lines developing FAR into the future.  Regardless of whether Molly or Jacob want to actively participate, the twins and their growing clan, possible medical conditions developing, romantic interests blossoming with Matt and Amy and other issues having drama will provide adequate fodder for the writers and producers for many years to come.  The divorce and birth of grandchildren are just the beginning, IMO.  The TLC checks won't be drying up anytime soon!!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Since my divorce I have had my ex in my home with his second wife, who he is now divorcing, and his current girlfriend. To some that makes me strange.

I think it is more common these days.  I know in our family we make it work.  I find Iceland to be very interesting on the topic.

With that being said, these are the most miserable people.  I think they waited too long to split up.  From the beginning when they were portrayed as "happy" they were miserable and the kids were unmanageable. 

12 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

I thought it was Zololoft BOB too.  

I can't read lol.

lol

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:10 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I agree it was a misstep.  And the fact that Tori and/or Zach asked Amy if she minded Caryn attending does not change that.  I mean really what was Amy supposed to say?  If she says she does mind then she looks petty. And if she says it's okay then she is stuck dealing with her ex-husband's side piece in her own house at a family gathering. It was a lose-lose proposition for Amy and Zack and Tori should have realized that. Asking for Amy's permission was really an empty gesture. 

Really, if you think someone has such a big problem with somebody else that you have to ask if they can stand to be in the same room with the person, you should probably just not even bother asking at all. Especially when the room in question happens to be in the first person's own house!

This. I'm constantly amazed at people asking "Do you mind..." when anyone with half a brain would know that it would be an uncomfortable situation. The person being asked really has no choice.

My friend's husband cheated. They divorced and the scumbag married the whore. They are grandparents. One son invites them all over for every holiday and birthdays. My friend chooses to visit later or at another time. (It's obvious that she does not want to be in the same room with the cheating couple). The other son rotates holidays and birthdays. He never expects his mother to share air with the scumbag and whore. Actually, were it not for the grandchildren, he'd never have his father over. No one is mean or nasty. There is no fighting. It's just what works for them and has for years.

Grandson is getting married in June. Mother is invited - she's never remarried. Scumbag is invited but whore is not. Bride and groom's decision. Scumbag is not attending. Son says, "suit yourself".

Needless to say, it's a deep grudge.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I realize she is an adult, but you know what? So are Zach and Tori. They can read the writing on the wall about what went on between Matt and Caryn and Amy. Yet they want to invite this woman who appears to have been their Dad's side piece right under their mother's nose into their mother's house before the ink is barely dry on the divorce. The same chick who worked for (against?) Amy all those years on the farm, gettin' all cozy with in the barn with the ex ... the same ex who is now moaning about how he shouldn't have let Amy keep the house and who is now trying to push her out of it.  Let's ask Mom if she minds if Dad brings her to the party Mom is throwing for us there! 

Zach and Tori do deserve some consideration, though. I get that. But the fact of the matter is, it's not Zach's fifth birthday party. It's not a super special childhood occasion for a kid so young he shouldn't have to contend with grown up issues. It's not his wedding which is his own event, or his high school graduation which is a public affair.  It's party number three? four? that's being thrown for them before the kid is even born and it is being thrown for them by Amy in her home.  You can speak in ideals and ought to's about parental behavior post-divorce all day long, but I think the ideal thing Tori and Zach ought to have done as post-divorce adult children is not put their mother/MIL in such an awkward and uncomfortable position when she was being gracious enough to host a party for them. Not at this stage, anyway.

We know that this is "Amy's house", she was awarded it in the divorce, no matter how much Matt wants to get her out it's hers. But, have the kids and Matt made it seem like this is still the "family house" the place where we all come together to do family things & not just Amy's house. They know the DW is Matt's house (& he detest it, it's beneath him, we know that too) but they don't consider the big house just Amy's, it's still the family home, the hub if you will to all come back to, Matt included. Maybe that's why they didn't think anything of it.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

And the one time the kids overstepped and invited Amy to Matt's place for game night, Matt made it his mission to be a miserable bitch to all

Matt might have been miffed that he had to disinvite Caryn; the reveal about her being his mistress (oops...girlfriend according to the shows timeline) was too soon. 

We all see things from our unique perspective.  My parents divorced when I was about 4.  I had three older brothers.  I don't even remember my father ever living in the home, and because he was an alcoholic, we rarely spent time together.

After I was married and had a couple of kids, I ran into him and his third wife in a store.  We had a lovely conversation, and it was the beginning of a new relationship.  When I got home from the store, I called my mother and told her that I had run into him and his wife and said, "She seems very nice."  My mother went off on me.  She told me that she had absolutely no interest in hearing one word about him or his wife.  

My heart broke.  These two people brought four children into the world, and yet she hated him more than she loved us.  She would not even allow us to speak of him in her presence (unless we wanted to say something bad about him).  This was a woman who brought a child molester into our home and looked the other way while he took turns with the four of us.  And yet she was so hateful to my father, who - although an alcoholic - never said a bad word about her in the presence of any of us kids.  

No matter how two people feel about each other, IMO they should not pass those feelings on to their children, nor should the kids have to tiptoe around their parents' relationship.  Be an adult.  Be polite.  Love your kids more than you hate your ex.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

As long as Jeremy keeps acting like an entitled child, people will continue to watch LPBW...And that means money in his pocket!  I really think he expects to inherit the entire farm and would have no problem cutting out Zach, Molly and Jacob.

I agree.  Matt and Amy would be wise to put the farm in some sort of trust, owned by all the kids equally.  Jer and Auj are just ridiculous - it's so obvious they expect everything to be handed to them and they don't really have to lift a finger and do real work or get real jobs.  I feel very sorry for any offspring they produce.

As far as Matt and Caryn - ugh - I can see why Amy feels sided against when it comes to farm business and she might be wise to keep a lawyer on retainer to protect her interests.   Matt might not like the fact that she has the house - but too bad.  You agreed to it - deal with it.  You left first, moving out, withdrawing from family functions - too bad, so sad.  The more I think about it - yeah, I guess I do side with Amy on these matters.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ina123 said:

My friend's husband cheated. They divorced and the scumbag married the whore.

Squeegee, squeege, you owe me one mouthful of Mt. Dew.

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

My heart broke.  These two people brought four children into the world, and yet she hated him more than she loved us.  She would not even allow us to speak of him in her presence (unless we wanted to say something bad about him).  This was a woman who brought a child molester into our home and looked the other way while he took turns with the four of us.  And yet she was so hateful to my father, who - although an alcoholic - never said a bad word about her in the presence of

My heart goes out to you.  Peace.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Thanks.  I'm stronger for it, but I would have preferred to have Ward and June Cleaver as my parents.

I don't know.  She was a robot that Kowtowed to Ward.  He seemed to be very emotionless.  Their house was all black, white and gray too.

• Love 4

I suppose the producers must continue coming up with storylines, the divorce, dating for amy and matt, etc. However, I don't believe for a nanosecond that chris, a somewhat ok man in looks, is really dating amy! Not because she's a little person, but because she's, well, damn!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I don't know.  She was a robot that Kowtowed to Ward.  He seemed to be very emotionless.  Their house was all black, white and gray too.

It was shot in black and white! 

• Love 4

What happened to the wedding business? Wasn't the trailer the "brides" dressing quarters; now Matt's living there. I hadn't watched for awhile, but notice jeremy and wife would like to take over the show. Like jacob, I think molly has chosen normalcy over a "scripted" fake reality show.

Amy and matt dating others; I suppose the producers must come up with storylines. But, Chris dating amy seems more like a hired set extra or a grip doing double duty. Chris is not bad looking (amy is), but he's a confirmed bachelor and "amy"  is going to be the one.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, maxie said:

What happened to the wedding business? Wasn't the trailer the "brides" dressing quarters; now Matt's living there. I hadn't watched for awhile, but notice jeremy and wife would like to take over the show. Like jacob, I think molly has chosen normalcy over a "scripted" fake reality show.

Amy and matt dating others; I suppose the producers must come up with storylines. But, Chris dating amy seems more like a hired set extra or a grip doing double duty. Chris is not bad looking (amy is), but he's a confirmed bachelor and "amy"  is going to be the one.

I have brought up the Amy and Chris mismatch a few times. I get looks are only skin deep. But Amy is homely (sorry) and is also homely on the inside.

I've felt since the beginning that he is around because of TLC. I don't know that he was brought in by TLC as an extra. But I do think he has inserted himself for alterer motives. LPBW has been on the air long enough that the family is probably get paid well (anyone know the figures?) and maybe Chris is trying to jump on a good thing. Also, he is a realtor. So is he trying to get him name out there to garner more business? Him being a nice looking guy, and a life long bachelor is just not passing the smell test...something is fishy. 

34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Chris still lists himself as "Single" on Facebook.  

Well, thank goodness he doesn't say, "It's complicated". That's a status on Facebook that makes me cringe.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

just not passing the smell test...something is fishy. 

Oh yes, and I'm allergic to fish. 

I hane read that sometimes on other shows (don't know about this one) that when they need someone they'll just pull someone from production because it can be easier than casting calls and background searches. I wonder that he didn't come into this show organically and then Amy got a wee bit of a crush on him, thus forcing him to keep filming. 

What happened to the wedding business? Wasn't the trailer the "brides" dressing quarters; now Matt's living there. I hadn't watched for awhile, but notice jeremy and wife would like to take over the show.

There was never any real wedding business. The Roloffs were needing to film episodes so they essentially volunteered the farm for wedding parties and the recipients agreed to be filmed and to allow Matt's antics and projects and in return, they got a free wedding venue. No one ever paid the Roloffs for the wedding venue. In order for it to be an actual commercial business,  and if Jeremy and Audrey really intend to "take over" the business, they will actually need to well, bring a lot of stuff up to code.

The Double Wide was theoretically bought to be "the bridal suite" because Matt refused to give up his precious office in the barn that appears to have a bathroom and a kitchenette and multiple rooms for one day every three weeks or so during filming. It was "better for the farm" that they spend 60k or so on a trailer that no one (theoretically) wanted or needed.

There was ONE bride who used the double wide. Then Matt decided to leave his wife and huh... why get an apartment AWAY from the farm when there's a convenient man cave right there? Matt's exit was planned and paid for by the farm and tv budget. Which is why I really have no sympathy for his whining now that he doesn't like the house he insisted be bought and he doesn't like that he lives in what he originally described as a manufactured home and as a place he really liked because it was his mancave.

Re: Chris

Because I think sometimes people get assigned terrible motives just because they're on reality tv, I am going to think the best of Chris until he gives me reason to think otherwise. He met Amy, they hit it off but maybe a) he's not ready for the tv family drama and b) maybe they've dated a bit now and he's leaning more towards friends than getting married. Of course there's SOME production involvement... and honestly the thought I've had is maybe Chris isn't so entranced with being on national tv as that guy who must have an ulterior motive because why else would a good looking guy date an ugly woman who is also a dwarf?

I mean, if he was genuine in asking Amy out to begin with, it's hardly flattering or helpful to the relationship to have that kind of thing going around.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

There was never any real wedding business. The Roloffs were needing to film episodes so they essentially volunteered the farm for wedding parties and the recipients agreed to be filmed and to allow Matt's antics and projects and in return, they got a free wedding venue. No one ever paid the Roloffs for the wedding venue. In order for it to be an actual commercial business,  and if Jeremy and Audrey really intend to "take over" the business, they will actually need to well, bring a lot of stuff up to code.

The Double Wide was theoretically bought to be "the bridal suite" because Matt refused to give up his precious office in the barn that appears to have a bathroom and a kitchenette and multiple rooms for one day every three weeks or so during filming. It was "better for the farm" that they spend 60k or so on a trailer that no one (theoretically) wanted or needed.

There was ONE bride who used the double wide. Then Matt decided to leave his wife and huh... why get an apartment AWAY from the farm when there's a convenient man cave right there? Matt's exit was planned and paid for by the farm and tv budget. Which is why I really have no sympathy for his whining now that he doesn't like the house he insisted be bought and he doesn't like that he lives in what he originally described as a manufactured home and as a place he really liked because it was his mancave.

Because I think sometimes people get assigned terrible motives just because they're on reality tv, I am going to think the best of Chris until he gives me reason to think otherwise. He met Amy, they hit it off but maybe a) he's not ready for the tv family drama and b) maybe they've dated a bit now and he's leaning more towards friends than getting married. Of course there's SOME production involvement... and honestly the thought I've had is maybe Chris isn't so entranced with being on national tv as that guy who must have an ulterior motive because why else would a good looking guy date an ugly woman who is also a dwarf?

I mean, if he was genuine in asking Amy out to begin with, it's hardly flattering or helpful to the relationship to have that kind of thing going around.

In life, we see mismatched couples in the physical department. But normally, the person considered less attractive is attractive on the inside, and that's what really matters of course. What's perplexing here, is that Amy does NOT have a good personality either. Unless she is a different person off camera.

Same with Matt, he is sneaky and passive aggressive. So I've wondered what draws Caryn to him? Admittedly, I am skeptical about everyone, and often am the first one thinking they must have motives. But time will tell with Chris and Caryn. 

1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's like the fifth post in the last couple of days referring to Chris as "good looking."  

Really?  You all think that?  Damn, I just don't see it.  At all.

I don't find him arousing at all but he can't be everybodies cup of tea. He rides that motorcycle and reminds me of all the yuppies and professionals who get Harley's to look like a badass and attract woman. Since men are so visually oriented they don't understand that we woman, although interested in looks, base our mate selection on other criteria. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I think I saw a brief promo for next week's show that has Amy and Chris in a seemingly giddy state of bliss mentioning something about an "overnight"...therefore, I'd say the "friendship" has gone to the next level.  I think Chris seems to be an all-around nice guy but I believe he's been "around the block" on numerous occasions with various romantic relationships, whereas Amy is in an entirely different category emotionally just coming out of a long marriage.

• Love 1

That's like the fifth post in the last couple of days referring to Chris as "good looking."  

He's a bit of a silver fox and has the money to afford his own toys. And he's single, no ex wife, no kids. I'd look twice.

What's perplexing here, is that Amy does NOT have a good personality either. Unless she is a different person off camera.

YMMV obviously, but I think Amy is much nicer off camera. I think Matt loves the edit of "Amy is being a bitch to poor in pain Matt who never ever does anything passive aggressive or mean" and a lot of what we see on camera is Matt needling her to blow. The thanksgiving dinner where he acts passive aggressive and gets her to blow up. His insisting on bringing Caryn to the gender reveal and then pointedly seeking attention from Amy in the kitchen until she was clearly mad... Take that factor away, and I bet Amy is relatively pleasant and fun to be around.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don't find him arousing at all but he can't be everybodies cup of tea. He rides that motorcycle and reminds me of all the yuppies and professionals who get Harley's to look like a badass and attract woman. Since men are so visually oriented they don't understand that we woman, although interested in looks, base our mate selection on other criteria. 

My 19 year old (son) was giving my 14 son dating advice. He doesn't date yet  though lol. Anyway, 14 year tells me brothers advice is to choose an average looking girl with a good personality, over a pretty girl with no personality. Because when they get old, both will be ugly but at least the one will still have a good personality. A little rough in the way he said it (old does equal ugly lol) but otherwise he had a good point. Although his next bit of brotherly advice better be about how not act like a jerky husband, and treat your wife like a lady ?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I have brought up the Amy and Chris mismatch a few times. I get looks are only skin deep. But Amy is homely (sorry) and is also homely on the inside.

Do you guys really think she's homely? I remember thinking, especially in the first few seasons, that she was rather pretty. She has achondroplastic features, to be sure, but when she was younger, they were softer. As is the case with many of us 50-ish ladies, her face has thinned out; in her case, that makes her forehead more prominent. To each his own, certainly, but I can see how Chris might find her attractive.

• Love 9
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Literata said:

Do you guys really think she's homely? I remember thinking, especially in the first few seasons, that she was rather pretty. She has achondroplastic features, to be sure, but when she was younger, they were softer. As is the case with many of us 50-ish ladies, her face has thinned out; in her case, that makes her forehead more prominent. To each his own, certainly, but I can see how Chris might find her attractive.

I don't know if anyone is a Seinfeld fan here. But there was an episode where Jerry and Elaine were talking about what percent of people were attractive. I think Elaine was around 50% and Jerry was maybe 5%. I'm basically Jerry. I think a very small % of people are truly attractive (I'm including myself in the 95% not attractive group), without make up, extensions, etc. Which is fine because looks are the least important quality a person ought to have. I'm not a fan of Amy or Matt so maybe that has influenced my opinion of them. I'm trying to like Amy because she has had to deal with Matt's antics all these years. But the show does a good job of making her look like a snarky, bitter person.

Edited by Awfarmington
Typo
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Going petty here but I think it would do Amy a world of good to wash her hair more often. 

Agreed and also invest in some clothes that aren't jeans. Before y'all gang up on me because of her size and it being difficult: 

1) Dr Jennifer, the star of The Little Couple always has the cutest outfits and wears colors. Not drab clothes like Amy. I have seen Amy make an effort in past episodes and it did make a difference for the better. 

2) I'm small and can fit into a girls size 10-12 but look hard for petite sizes (love 00's) but I need to get everything hemmed and occasionally some tailoring. It can be done. Also petite ppl need to avoid prints, midi dresses (skirts) and stripes that look out of proportion if you aren't a long legged Sally. Some department stores even offer free tailoring. Her jeans and country look are fine for the farm but a little effort would go a long way. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Thank you!! Me either!!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

My 19 year old (son) was giving my 14 son dating advice. He doesn't date yet  though lol. Anyway, 14 year tells me brothers advice is to choose an average looking girl with a good personality, over a pretty girl with no personality. Because when they get old, both will be ugly but at least the one will still have a good personality. A little rough in the way he said it (old does equal ugly lol) but otherwise he had a good point. Although his next bit of brotherly advice better be about how not act like a jerky husband, and treat your wife like a lady ?

Sounds like he's been listening to Jimmy Soul's "If You Wanna Be Happy" ?

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Going petty here but I think it would do Amy a world of good to wash her hair more often. 

I've noticed that, too, but my daughter says she thinks Amy's using too much product, then flat-ironing her hair. Given that she's dating, I'd think she'd be mindful of washing, so I'm inclined to agree with that theory.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Literata said:

I've noticed that, too, but my daughter says she thinks Amy's using too much product, then flat-ironing her hair. Given that she's dating, I'd think she'd be mindful of washing, so I'm inclined to agree with that theory.

the flat, greasy looking hair plus & I know it's part of her dwarfism, her teeth/mouth just looks gross.  Don't beat me up here but her teeth look the same color as her gums, a little whitening would help tremendously. Not sure what it is but it just grosses me out to watch some people eat & she's one of them.

• Love 2

It could be that like me whitening isn't advised for her teeth for many reasons.  I find the current rage for unnaturally white teeth is painful to some of us who for many reasons have teeth that don't fit this new trend. 

• Love 7