Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: The Wormwood Prophecy

CooperTV

For all those who wanted the annoying reporter gone .... your wish is granted.

I know I'm supposed to wonder why Darius was rejected but I'm too busy being annoyed at Grace's father for anvilling her being in love with him just when I was starting to like Harris again and wanted Darius with Tessa.

How stupid is the hacker group to shut down the one group who could stop the asteroid?

• Love 2

Worst. Hitman. Ever. Dude, you had ONE job. Is this the same hitman who didn't kill her when he ran her over? Did they find this guy on Craigslist or something?

Poor Darius. He was obviously disqualified (from his own rocket) because he's genetically imperfect. I mean just look at him.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For all those who wanted the annoying reporter gone .... your wish is granted.

I know I'm supposed to wonder why Darius was rejected but I'm too busy being annoyed at Grace's father for anvilling her being in love with him just when I was starting to like Harris again and wanted Darius with Tessa.

How stupid is the hacker group to shut down the one group who could stop the asteroid?

Yes, but it make her previous fake out kinda pointless.

As for the Mr. Robot rejects, yes, they're very stupid and their motivation and inclusion into the show makes even less sense with all things considered.

22 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Worst. Hitman. Ever. Dude, you had ONE job. Is this the same hitman who didn't kill her when he ran her over? Did they find this guy on Craigslist or something?

Poor Darius. He was obviously disqualified (from his own rocket) because he's genetically imperfect. I mean just look at him.

The level of fails was laughable on the hitman's part, especially with the cliffhanger as her hitting send while she was dying.

Do you think Grace is going to get on the rocket and leave Zoe behind?

Do you think the "I-er-ron" asteroid will be too heavy to be deflected by the impact with the Gravity Tractor and will land in the U.S. instead of crushing the enemies of the American people.

• Love 1

Hah! You youngsters are so cute. You actually think a bullet to the chest kills a person on TV. Although, I might be willing to agree with  @Rachel RSL:

7 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Worst. Hitman. Ever. Dude, you had ONE job.

But not the worst show ever. Pacing is good.

They finally took advantage of pregnancy hormone induced tears. Not sure how I feel about that. It was the first time I thought about Finnegan's condition in the middle of an episode.

• Love 4

I had forgotten about this show until I looked at the schedule.  During commercials I watched the new Nova episode about the Cassini probe, and almost forgot to switch back.  Come on, asteroid!

• Love 1

Man, 'double tap!' is quickly becoming the new 'serpentine!' in my household. Also: since when is hitting the right shoulder supposed to be a kill-shot?

I loved Darius and Harris' faces after having met Dad.

Darius got probably kicked off the ark because of genetic variation being a requirement and he was too close to Liam *wink-wink* so the program decided to go with the younger version of the genius genes.(The show carefully reminded us that Liam does not know his biological parents.)

8 hours ago, nx74defiant said:

For the book code not only do you need the same book, you need the  same EDITION!

A modern King James is going to be slightly different from the one Abraham Lincoln would of had!

She shouldn't have been able to break the code.

I never try to follow deciphering moves on tv shows because most of the time the procedure applied would not work.

I'm mildly interested in Nero's identity and his agenda.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Darius got probably kicked off the ark because of genetic variation being a requirement and he was too close to Liam *wink-wink* so the program decided to go with the younger version of the genius genes.(The show carefully reminded us that Liam does not know his biological parents.)

Ah-ha! I missed that reasoning.

Dumbest or laziest government assassin of all time?  It was plainly obvious that he only her in the shoulder (chest at best, but even then, it was the opposite side of her heart), but no, the dumbass just dumps the fuel and walks away, leaving her to give one final "fuck you" and send off the story still.  But really, I wouldn't be surprised if she manages to drag herself away from the danger and still survives.  Dude is so getting "fired" for this.

So, Mackenzie is actually still alive, because her doctor, the head of the Secret Service (who seems to be in love with her), and a few others actually saved her and are hiding her from Bennett and his cronies?  Nice to see the potential extinction of mankind hasn't stopped the show from being a good old political drama!  At this point, I'm waiting for Frank Underwood to show up and make a play for the White House.

Sorry, Darius, you apparently "failed" the test and aren't allowed on Salvation.

I'm telling y'all, I'd enjoy this show a lot more if Grace's father was a lead.  The man has many talents!  Amongst them is the awesomeness that is Mark Moses!

Resist is now attacking Tanz for some reason.  I wonder if we'll actually get to see this Nero guy.

I see CBS is trying to keep things positive and are only calling next week the "season" finale.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Who thought it was a good idea that in order to hide what Intrepid Girl Reporter was reporting on, they were going to shoot up her office, killing her, her boss and various other people?  Yeah, no one is going to notice that or ask any questions.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Who thought it was a good idea that in order to hide what Intrepid Girl Reporter was reporting on, they were going to shoot up her office, killing her, her boss and various other people?  Yeah, no one is going to notice that or ask any questions.

Only the worst hitman available who doesn't know how to do his job.

• Love 4

Guys, I have defended this show against your 'lousy science' accusations many times, and I am still enjoying it for the simply schlocky fun it is, but I've got to say - I am far less concerned about scientific implausibilities than I am about questions like 'how the hell did Liam and Jillian get DNA samples for super-secret testing from Grace, Harris and Zoe???'

And I maintain that although the asteroid is the central premise to get the plot rolling, all the PR from the writers that I read before the show began was very clear that it was going to be primarily a political thriller, so what we're getting is very much what I expected from the start.

18 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

They finally took advantage of pregnancy hormone induced tears. Not sure how I feel about that. It was the first time I thought about Finnegan's condition in the middle of an episode.

Heh, I've been watching her slowly expanding stomach for weeks already - for the longest time, they were making no effort to conceal it whatsoever!

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

In fairness to the Worst Hitman Ever, shooting up the office with several people in it was clearly not the plan - he set off the fire alarm to get everyone out. Exactly how he could have known that Amanda would not evacuate with the others and would therefore leave herself a sitting duck, that's the bigger question. Leaving aside the question of his lousy aim for a moment, I guess that since he was going to burn the office anyway, he wasn't too concerned about making it a kill shot, believing that disabling would be enough, she would then die and burn up in the fire, taking the evidence with her. He wasn't expecting the Boss to walk back in (RIP poor dude, just trying to be both a good friend and a good boss). But he really, really should have made sure of Amanda rather than leave her to the fire. Definitely the Worst Hitman Ever.

Got to say, I admire Harris's game face and stoicism - he went through this entire episode believing that his son is dead, and no one would ever have guessed. But since Resyst hacked Tanz after the explosion, I'm going to guess that Dylan will turn up not dead after all. Unless 'Nero' did that all by himself, having left the underlings to their fate? Who can say, at this stage!

I'm pleased about President McKenzie not being dead after all - I was annoyed that they'd introduce a female president only to immediately kill her off so a man could take her place! But incapacitated by evil yet still going strong and still in the game, that's more like it.

When Liam and Jillian were sitting over their little pile of envelopes, I had to wonder exactly who printed off the results and put them in the envelopes, and what they understood about it all!

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Llywela said:

Guys, I have defended this show against your 'lousy science' accusations many times, and I am still enjoying it for the simply schlocky fun it is, but I've got to say - I am far less concerned about scientific implausibilities than I am about questions like 'how the hell did Liam and Jillian get DNA samples for super-secret testing from Grace, Harris and Zoe???'

And I, who have had my DNA sought after for scientific studies of two killer diseases in the last year, was wondering why they only needed to swab cheeks while I had to fill vials with spit. 
But having watched way too many episodes of CSI and that ilk, I'm thinking hairbrushes for the other DNA samples.

And now that you mention it…

When Liam and Jillian were sitting over their little pile of envelopes, I had to wonder exactly who printed off the results and put them in the envelopes, and what they understood about it all!

…yeah, those envelopes should have at least been only identifiable by coded numbers that Liam or Jillian would have had in a master list of candidates. But I guess we viewers should appreciate the picture IDs so we don't have to keep track of names.

I'm pleased about President McKenzie not being dead after all - I was annoyed that they'd introduce a female president only to immediately kill her off so a man could take her place! But incapacitated by evil yet still going strong and still in the game, that's more like it.

Yes, good point on this, although as an American, both this week and last, I found myself regretting that "President" Sasha Roiz is Canadian and so can't run for POTUS IRL. He always seemed like a lovely human being on Twitter—but I guess that comes with being a stereotypically nice Canadian? 

8 hours ago, Llywela said:

And I maintain that although the asteroid is the central premise to get the plot rolling, all the PR from the writers that I read before the show began was very clear that it was going to be primarily a political thriller, so what we're getting is very much what I expected from the start.

Heh, I've been watching her slowly expanding stomach for weeks already - for the longest time, they were making no effort to conceal it whatsoever!

In fairness to the Worst Hitman Ever, shooting up the office with several people in it was clearly not the plan - he set off the fire alarm to get everyone out. Exactly how he could have known that Amanda would not evacuate with the others and would therefore leave herself a sitting duck, that's the bigger question. Leaving aside the question of his lousy aim for a moment, I guess that since he was going to burn the office anyway, he wasn't too concerned about making it a kill shot, believing that disabling would be enough, she would then die and burn up in the fire, taking the evidence with her. He wasn't expecting the Boss to walk back in (RIP poor dude, just trying to be both a good friend and a good boss). But he really, really should have made sure of Amanda rather than leave her to the fire. Definitely the Worst Hitman Ever.

Got to say, I admire Harris's game face and stoicism - he went through this entire episode believing that his son is dead, and no one would ever have guessed. But since Resyst hacked Tanz after the explosion, I'm going to guess that Dylan will turn up not dead after all. Unless 'Nero' did that all by himself, having left the underlings to their fate? Who can say, at this stage!

Well he wouldn't know, but it would make more sense to isolate her somewhere else instead of relying on everyone else clearing out.

Like maybe when he was given the order to kill her? Which occurred when she was sitting in her car. Alone. In a fairly desolate parking garage.

I'm also gonna call BS on everybody evacuating because of the fire alarm. When the fire alarm goes off in our building, nobody even budges from their desks. Unless there's actual smoke coming from somewhere, most offices just ignore the fire alarm until someone actually confirms that there's an emergency.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2

Lucky. The building I work in also includes a daycare downstairs, so there are mandatory fire alarms every month and the firefighters stand outside the entrance and count and actually go inside to check every office to make sure no one is there. The only plus side is that sometimes the firemen are hot. But not often enough. :(

• Love 2
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

'how the hell did Liam and Jillian get DNA samples for super-secret testing from Grace, Harris and Zoe???'

Getting Grace's DNA was easy, since Darius spent all episode punching holes in her hand with his "hole punch". I didn't realize that Darius included Zoe as one of the 160. That answered a question that I had.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Like maybe when he was given the order to kill her? Which occurred when she was sitting in her car. Alone. In a fairly desolate parking garage.

I'm also gonna call BS on everybody evacuating because of the fire alarm. When the fire alarm goes off in our building, nobody even budges from their desks. Unless there's actual smoke coming from somewhere, most offices just ignore the fire alarm until someone actually confirms that there's an emergency.

Agreed, there's never a guarantee with these situations.

Aw c'mon, Worst.Hitman.Ever did do a nice job killing the boss. Even shot him twice, at least one of them a headshot judging by the splatter on the wall. I won't be surprised if Annoying Reporter Girl survives. Who did she send her article to, herself?

This show needs much more Mark Moses in it. Problem is his awesomeness highlights the not-so-great acting of others. 

So we've got us here a super duper Eye-Ron asteroid. Your move, Earth.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I won't be surprised if Annoying Reporter Girl survives. Who did she send her article to, herself?

I am guessing that she published it on the newspaper's website, so in essence she sent it to the whole world. I wonder if the story will be confirmed by a dead president?

• Love 1

In addition to the fire alarm nonsense, most office buildings are sprinklered.  Once worst.hitman.ever lit the fire, the heat buildup would trigger the sprinkler and the water would most likely at least r***** the fire growth until the FD got there.  Now, assuming the PD is competent, the detectives are going to look at dead reporter's body, and someone will say, "What's on the computer?"  Even if the story hadn't been sent. 

Another apparent flaw, at least to me.  Remember the climatic moment in Seven Days in May, when the President glares at the general and says something to the effect that "Do you think the Russians are going to wait 48 hours before launching an attack?"  The same thing applies here.  The secret cabal is looking to divert the asteroid so that it hits Russia and China.  Once that becomes obvious to their scientists, and how it came to be, didn't it occur to the cabal that the Russians are going to launch an all out nuclear attack on the US in revenge?  The SS Minnow isn't going to have time to load up everyone and enough crackers and cheese to last the three year trip to Mars. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

In addition to the fire alarm nonsense, most office buildings are sprinklered.  Once worst.hitman.ever lit the fire, the heat buildup would trigger the sprinkler and the water would most likely at least r***** the fire growth until the FD got there.  Now, assuming the PD is competent, the detectives are going to look at dead reporter's body, and someone will say, "What's on the computer?"  Even if the story hadn't been sent. 

Another apparent flaw, at least to me.  Remember the climatic moment in Seven Days in May, when the President glares at the general and says something to the effect that "Do you think the Russians are going to wait 48 hours before launching an attack?"  The same thing applies here.  The secret cabal is looking to divert the asteroid so that it hits Russia and China.  Once that becomes obvious to their scientists, and how it came to be, didn't it occur to the cabal that the Russians are going to launch an all out nuclear attack on the US in revenge?  The SS Minnow isn't going to have time to load up everyone and enough crackers and cheese to last the three year trip to Mars. 

Agreed, the hitman chose the worst situation to try and take someone out and it relied on everything working out, which it inevitably didn't.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2017 at 4:42 PM, MissLucas said:

I'm mildly interested in Nero's identity and his agenda.

Liam is totally the love child of Darius and Tess (the ex-gf, not the computer, because ew). The writers didn't have to make him an orphan, but they did. It's for a reason.

Shocking twist #2: Jillian is Nero. Nobody is buying her books, so she's ready to burn this MF world down.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2017 at 10:42 PM, MissLucas said:

If that were the case, Grace would also have been disqualified by Zoe's approval, but they were both passed.

Ah come on. You can't explain everything away by somebody being eviiiil, show. If a space debris double the mass of the gravity tractor hit the asteroid and it did nothing, it would be obvious for even the dumbest layperson that smashing the gravity tractor into it would also do nothing. And we saw that the government had the same data that Liam had, regarding that impact. So you can't just explain the government staying it's course with the president being evil. I'm sure he wouldn't want to reign a post apocalyptic wasteland. So his only choice would be to put the gravity tractor back to its original purpose.

That aside, why did Darius install an LED on the RFID chip? I thought the intention was to be tealthy. And for that matter, how on earth would you hack into something with an RFID hip? And how would you transmit out of the pentagon. At this point I must conclude that Darius is a magician and he could have magic away that meteor any time he wanted.

Edited by Miles