Type keyword(s) to search

Helix - General Discussion

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Now that we have seen Julia in present day as well as the extended 30 year flashforward, I wonder if any other characters may show up 30 years in the future.  We know that Alan wasn't in his grave at the abbey, so unless he becomes and immortal he would be an old man. But Sarah is immortal so she should look exactly the same.

Is Balleseros an immortal as well, now that he's working for Ilaria ?

Dammit, barely any Julia in this one.  Hopefully, they'll get back on track next week.  Need my Kyra Zagorsky fix.

Once again, Michael is just a nutter.  So, he knows full well that it was Amy and Landry that planted the honey, but all it did was impress him, because she shows that she is a "wolf" and not merely a "sheep."  So, he basically just killed almost everyone, because he wants to start fresh and, well, "keep it in the family", and make poor Amy pop out numerous children.  Yeah, dude is fucked up.

No more running gags of Peter being left in the hole anymore, since Kyle finally lets him (and Anne) out.  It was fun while it lasted!  At least Anne is starting to see how fucked up this entire thing is.

Looks like Sarah's baby is no more, because drugged Alan gave her to Amy and Landry, and they did something to her.  Surprised Alan actually already confessed since this usually would be a thing shows drag out forever, but Sarah doesn't believe him, and think he did it because he didn't want the baby.  Which, WTF?  Alan's an obnoxious dick, but that really seems like a stretch.  Quit making me take Alan's side, Sarah.

That scene with Michael and the paintings all but confirm that all of his wives/daughters have names beginning with the letter A.  I wonder how all that came about.

• Love 3

Michael has been working on perfecting apples that cause sterility in regular human males, allowing the immortals to be the only sires of children.

Julia found out about Michael in 2015, so why did it take Julia 30 years to get to St. Germain island ?

No one on the CDC team has even noticed that Peter is still missing until now -- how is that possible ?  He's been down there for two episodes.

Vicomte Michel Dubois and Alice de Thears -- Kyle discovers the family tree secret of Michael, And all of Michael's wives/daughters have names that start with 'A'.  With Michael's 'A' fixation, I might almost think that this was an episode of PLLs. </snark>

Sarah and the kids she found are making their escape, but they have to stop for story time because the boy is scared.  Which allows the kids' father to catch up with them.  But Alan saves her, kind of.  Then they go to the infirmary and determine that Sarah is no longer pregnant -- so that solves the Sarah pregnancy problem.  So where did the fetus go ?

And Sarah kind of overreacts about Alan's explanation -- thinking he is covering up for his true intent (which seemed to come out of nowhere).

Peter finally gets out of the pit, but along with Ann and Kyle are too late to get to the dining hall to stop the mass murder of all of Michael's minions, including the children.

And Amy gets trapped inside a terrarium full of deadly plants for her trouble to voice her opinion against Michael's wishes, and that remark that she would produce a new crop of children for him even without her teeth was really creepy.

Why are there teeth everywhere ?  Sarah finds one on the floor this episode, Alan found one at the bottom of a barrel in another episode, and in the first episode this season we saw the cultists yanking the teeth out of someone so they could pump something down there throat like a Peking duck.  What does that and the pulled teeth mean ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Michael has been working on perfecting apples that cause sterility in regular human males, allowing the immortals to be the only sires of children.

Julia found out about Michael in 2015, so why did it take Julia 30 years to get to St. Germain island ?

No one on the CDC team has even noticed that Peter is still missing until now -- how is that possible ? He's been down there for two episodes.

Vicomte Michel Dubois and Alice de Thears -- Kyle discovers the family tree secret of Michael, And all of Michael's wives/daughters have names that start with 'A'. With Michael's 'A' fixation, I might almost think that this was an episode of PLLs. </snark>

Sarah and the kids she found are making their escape, but they have to stop for story time because the boy is scared. Which allows the kids' father to catch up with them. But Alan saves her, kind of. Then they go to the infirmary and determine that Sarah is no longer pregnant -- so that solves the Sarah pregnancy problem. So where did the fetus go ?

And Sarah kind of overreacts about Alan's explanation -- thinking he is covering up for his true intent (which seemed to come out of nowhere).

Peter finally gets out of the pit, but along with Ann and Kyle are too late to get to the dining hall to stop the mass murder of all of Michael's minions, including the children.

And Amy gets trapped inside a terrarium full of deadly plants for her trouble to voice her opinion against Michael's wishes, and that remark that she would produce a new crop of children for him even without her teeth was really creepy.

Why are there teeth everywhere ? Sarah finds one on the floor this episode, Alan found one at the bottom of a barrel in another episode, and in the first episode this season we saw the cultists yanking the teeth out of someone so they could pump something down there throat like a Peking duck. What does that and the pulled teeth mean ?

No one on the CDC team has even noticed that Peter is still missing until now -- how is that possible ? He's been down there for two episodes.

Vicomte Michel Dubois and Alice de Thears -- Kyle discovers the family tree secret of Michael, And all of Michael's wives/daughters have names that start with 'A'. With Michael's 'A' fixation, I might almost think that this was an episode of PLLs. </snark>

Sarah and the kids she found are making their escape, but they have to stop for story time because the boy is scared. Which allows the kids' father to catch up with them. But Alan saves her, kind of. Then they go to the infirmary and determine that Sarah is no longer pregnant -- so that solves the Sarah pregnancy problem. So where did the fetus go ?

Why are there teeth everywhere ? Sarah finds one on the floor this episode, Alan found one at the bottom of a barrel in another episode, and in the first episode this season we saw the cultists yanking the teeth out of someone so they could pump something down there throat like a Peking duck. What does that and the pulled teeth mean ?

Perhaps they're researching a way to cure their silver eyes.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/02/prweb12523263.htm

Edited by Rhetorica

I kinda wish people would stop making Alan to be bad. Like he blew up those buildings because they are part of evil Ilaryia. Nobody seems to notice that.  I am always rooting for Alan to take shit down. 

I am curious now who the dude is in the future. Maybe they decided to put the fetus is some type of incubator so it grows or something? 

I think it possible took Julia so long to get to doom island because maybe the events on the island was the catalyst for the immortal disease to start spreading and she got busy with researching that on the mainland.  I do miss Hitake though,

despite his craziness. 

I am wondering if Anne is gonna be Michael;s Judas. That scene with the mass suicide was soo creepy. 

The silver-eyed french girl has the makings of a decent Evil Overlord. You go, girl!

The little boy on the island was cute as a button. I was hoping that Michael would keep him around as a mascot or something but noooo. He's made a plan and is sticking to it. But at least he stuck Amy in a box so there's something.

I really liked the music during the 1601 flashback. It wasn't the sort you'd expect for a flashback to that era and it had just the right amount of creepiness.

[Edited to correct which daughter in a box I was referring to]

Edited by Terrafamilia
  • Love 1

Yay for this thread, otherwise I wouldn't understand why the little French girl thinks that what Michael is doing is an alternative to Illaria's "thinning the herd" plan.

I feel so helpless watching this show. It is batshit on so many levels. Between the culty incest stuff, that grody mucous on the infected and impromptu "births", it is so damn gross!! And yet I can't stop trying to follow it and figure out where it's going. I do find though that I miss the quiet terror of Arctic Biosystems. There must have been a budget infusion for them to afford all the extras in this season (although I guess this episode just took care of that.)

Other things to ponder:

• Why can't I warm up to Peter? Everything he does seems like some pissy sibling rivalry play. I shouldn't enjoy seeing him in a pit with rats. And yet....
  • Why can't I warm up to Sarah? Like, ever. She's often right, but there's something about this actress that makes me want to slap her. Plus, accusing Alan of not wanting the baby after he just admitted he was drugged and btw only found out about the baby a day or so ago? Bitch, please. I hated that she ever fucked Alan, let alone became immortal and also pregnant.
  • I've never understood Amy's plan. Her endgame, sure, but how she's getting there? No idea. Plus she smirks, which I hate.
  • Ugh, that mass-murder scene with the little boy, oh god that was awful.
  • Love 5

Okay, I just want to make sure I have this correctly. Michael is an immortal who is not affiliated with Illaria, who has been working on a way to render non-immortal males infertile, because either he has indepently decided the human population needs to be controlled in size, or he bears a 400 year old grudge against the human man his peasant wife cheated on him with, and/or he wants to increase his God-like dominion over his children. The disease that has been infecting people on the Island is a byproduct of his research into infertility? And he stole Sarah's half immortal embryo with Alan's help, presumably to implant in someone who is not immortal so it can develop, or to use for some research purpose? Alan, though drugged, it still completely competent to perform some or all of the, err, "retrieval" of said embryo/fetus? The skulls the CDC group stumbled upon in the beginning were the remains of prior thinnings of Michael's prior incestuous colonies? And the guy Julia encounters 30 years in the future may or may not be Sarah's fetus/embryo all grown up?

Edited by lawless
  • Love 2

Is it really a suicide if they didn't know they were killing themselves by drinking that stuff? They thought it was a vaccine, right?

Yeah, likely the script originally had them choosing suicide but was changed and nobody noticed the similes/metaphors no longer applied.

Okay, I just want to make sure I have this correctly. Michael...who has been working on a way to render non-immortal males infertile, because either...or he bears a 400 year old grudge against the human man his peasant wife cheated on him with, and/or he wants to increase his God-like dominion over his children....

Was the little white haired boy in the flash back not his? I missed that, but now that you mention it, it fits.

If this show is renewed, I don't think I'll be watching. It seems like the goal of each episode is to cram as many horror cliches as possible. What's next? Bring in the clowns?

Edited by shapeshifter
(edited)

I kinda wish people would stop making Alan to be bad. Like he blew up those buildings because they are part of evil Ilaryia. Nobody seems to notice that. I am always rooting for Alan to take shit down.

Right?? I don't get this either. Ilaryia is clearly evil (at least as presented this far). What else is Alan supposed to do except blow them up? I guess I could see someone like Peter being angry if Julia was in there, but isn't Peter working for Ilariya anyway? So his anger toward Alan is probably based on that allegiance anyway.

I continue to have no idea what's going on. I think I liked last season better, but I still am bizarrely intrigued by this show.

Poor Sarah. Dang. But Alan is so dumb. He had to tell her right then?? He couldn't wait a day or so?

Still liking Amy.

WTF is going on in Julia's head?? I still don't understand why she's on the side of Ilariya at all. Shouldn't she hate them? Why does she want to cull the population? I keep hoping she'll turn out to be a mole or something. Julia is probably my favorite character. I guess I just wish I knew what the hell she was doing.

Shapeshifter: yes, the white-haired boy was a "bastard," the product of Michael's wife and her boyfriend.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

Shapeshifter: yes, the white-haired boy was a "bastard," the product of Michael's wife and her boyfriend.

Yeah, that s why they made a point of making the peasant and the kid really really blonde, their hair was almost white. And the peasants yelled something at Michael, which I missed.

Do immortals' brains break down after so many years?  We've seen Hatake and Michael go batshit crazy.

I think being alive for hundreds of years might make anyone crazy.

I thought the little superman boy was gonna be the grown up guy Julia met in the future, but then Michael gave him the poison. We didn't see him die, though, so it might still be him, I guess. Maybe he spits it out or something.

Okay, I just want to make sure I have this correctly. Michael is an immortal who is not affiliated with Illaria, who has been working on a way to render non-immortal males infertile, because either he has indepently decided the human population needs to be controlled in size, or he bears a 400 year old grudge against the human man his peasant wife cheated on him with, and/or he wants to increase his God-like dominion over his children. The disease that has been infecting people on the Island is a byproduct of his research into infertility? And he stole Sarah's half immortal embryo with Alan's help, presumably to implant in someone who is not immortal so it can develop, or to use for some research purpose? Alan, though drugged, it still completely competent to perform some or all of the, err, "retrieval" of said embryo/fetus? The skulls the CDC group stumbled upon in the beginning were the remains of prior thinnings of Michael's prior incestuous colonies? And the guy Julia encounters 30 years in the future may or may not be Sarah's fetus/embryo all grown up?

I think it all goes back to that, yeah, to him not wanting other men to impregnate his women or something. But, has it really been established that he's not working with Ilyria? I don't even remember anymore, but I thought that was at least a connection between S1 and S2, that both places were involved with Ilyria's desire to "thin the herd".  If he's working on his own, there goes that theory.

Was it Michael who sent for Sarah? Damn i don't remember half of what happens in this show anymore. I just kept thinking that they could've, I don't know, ASKED Sarah about her immortality first instead of going straight for the forced abortion. 

What the fuck is up with the teeth?

I am so tired of Alan's face and Alan's voice and his beard and his everything. What a tedious character. Can Kyle take over, please?

• Love 1

Episode Synopsis:

As the CDC team reels from the devastation of Michael's mass suicide, the Coast Guard arrives with news of a new outbreak. Meanwhile, incensed from her imprisonment, Amy takes control of the Abbey, locking Michael in the pit. Jordan, convinced her baby still lives, reveals the truth of the immortals to Kyle in exchange for his help. In the future, Walker's quest for Hatake's missing sword causes her to delve deeper into the Abbey's secrets.

Well, I have to think that's a wrap for Steven Weber.  Present day, Michael gets imprisoned in his own pit, thanks to Amy's cue.  In the future, Julia gets him out, only for him to try and kill her like an asshole, and then mysterious guy magically returns, and decapitates him with Hatake's sword.  Yep, can't see Michael coming back from that.  I don't think immortality is all effective if you don't have a head.

So, Amy is more or less the big cheese now of the Abbey.  She's got Landry and the rest of his men in her pocket, and basically told Alice to scram, due to the whole "Trying to make her have sex with her own father" thing, which, totally understandable on Amy's part. Oh, and it turns out Amy totally has Sarah's baby.  And, she'll give him or her back!  Only if Sarah helps her become immortal, of course.  Sounds fun!

Well, that was a short reign for Peter.  Alan's pretty just taking over as the leader of the group again.  I'm not sure if it's sad or just hilarious how little everyone seems think of Peter.  I might enjoy it more though, i I didn't find Alan to be a pain as well.

Kyle finds out about the whole immortal thing.  Yeah, he handled it better then most, but still need a bit to wrap his head around it.

Immortals don't age, right? So that baby is going to be a fetus forever?

Sarah should kill it now and put it out of its misery. That would truly be a mercy killing.

Surely I wasn't the only one that yelled "There can be only one!"

The baby has to be maturing...Sarah was only a couple of weeks pregnant at best when she became immortal and its aging stopped.  The baby in that jar was at least several months old.

The commander was the voice of the audience:  "quite to soap opera you have here".   Yep welcome to our misery, sister.

(edited)
The baby has to be maturing...Sarah was only a couple of weeks pregnant at best when she became immortal and its aging stopped.  The baby in that jar was at least several months old.

Couple of weeks -- try a couple of days pregnant.  Sarah had sex with Alan on Day 6 of Season 1 and was injected with Julia's spinal fluid on Day 11,so Sarah was maybe 5 days pregnant when she became immortal.

Considering how low-tech the abbey is, where did they get a high-tech incubation tank that could sustain a fetus ex utero and accelerate its maturation process ?   Alan even said last episode when he was doing the ultrasound on Sarah that the baby would have been tiny.  That kind of tech doesn't even exist now, so how did they build one let alone know that it would work, or did they borrow it from someone like 'The Borg' ?  

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I thought it was interesting that Julia mentioned to Michael that she had come looking for him before.  I think we might be getting Julia in the present timeline next episode, stirring the pot between Peter and Alan again.

In other news, who do we think the mysterious guy who sliced Michael's head off is? Soren (the boy who survived the disease and was left outside the compound) or Sarah's baby all grown up?

In other news, who do we think the mysterious guy who sliced Michael's head off is? Soren (the boy who survived the disease and was left outside the compound) or Sarah's baby all grown up?

I thought that was Caleb -- the guy Julia encountered when she first arrived on St. Germain island, who helped her dig up Alan Farragut's grave, and then patched her up in that cave after her encounter with Hatake right before stealing Hatake's sword from her while she was unconscious.

I am thinking that Caleb is gonna turn out to be the half immortal baby. I am kinda over Amy. I mean she doesn't really have anyone to lead now that everyone is dead. .I wonder if Sarah just decides to stay on the island or something and is still there thirty years later. That would be an interesting twist.

See I am kinda hoping that if they have a season three they will be dealing with the virus as its spreads and kill immortals and humans alike. I would like to see them squirm. haha

.I wonder if Sarah just decides to stay on the island or something and is still there thirty years later. That would be an interesting twist.

Remember though that Sarah decided to gulp down a honey-covered fingers worth of mycotoxin in front of Kyle to prove she's immortal -- I suspect she's the first immortal to die from this virus, albeit very slowly.

• Love 2

I'm so tired of Peter, but still dig Amy.

I think Caleb is the immortal baby too. Are they seriously growing that creepy silver-eyed baby in a cabinet??

I love Julia, but do not get her at all. #1) She's dumb. #2) Why is she working for and loyal to the immortals? They ruined her life!

The conversation between Kyle and Sarah about the immortals was hilariously low budget. Don't tell me you're...immortal! Dun dun dun.

Do we know how Michael became immortal? I forget.

I thought that was Caleb -- the guy Julia encountered when she first arrived on St. Germain island, who helped her dig up Alan Farragut's grave, and then patched her up in that cave after her encounter with Hatake right before stealing Hatake's sword from her while she was unconscious.

Yes, it was, but I think the show is heavily hinting that Caleb is someone else.  Someone who also existed 30 years ago, and for that to pay off to the audience, it has to be one of the children we meet in the present timeline. So far, we have two possibilities: Soren and Sarah's baby.

Soren makes sense because he survived the virus as a child, silver eyed fetus makes sense because we've been hearing about this baby the entire season, and with Julia's comment that the immortal baby's stem cells could be the solution to whatever is killing the immortals in the future, there's a strong chance that Caleb = Sarah's baby.

See I am kinda hoping that if they have a season three they will be dealing with the virus as its spreads and kill immortals and humans alike. I would like to see them squirm. haha

Aren't they doing that right now? The reason Julia is on the island is because she's one of the immortals dying from a virus.  She's there to find a cure.

I love Julia, but do not get her at all. #1) She's dumb. #2) Why is she working for and loyal to the immortals? They ruined her life!

I think that Julia has indeed done some dumb things.  And I think we're supposed to think she went to the immortals as a way to try to stop them from within.  At the end of season one it was clear that Ilaria was developing a virus to kill non-immortals, as a way to do their cleansing.  They wanted a virus and a cure, so they could stop the spread when it had achieved their population culling goals and that's why they called the CDC (to speed up development of the cure). We're supposed to think that Julia went with them to stop them from doing that (releasing Narvick into the world) and this season we saw her voice her disagreement with that option and talk to the French immortal girl who told her Michael had been working on a better solution to over population (infertility).

It might be confusing because Julia has two agendas: one in the present timeline (stop Ilaria from committing genocide), and one in the future (find a cure to the virus that is killing the immortals).  Given the female soldier's comment that "I don't want another Narvick".  I think Ilaria did start their genocide plans.

The immortals were created hundreds of years ago in a single event that turned 500 people immortal.  Michael is one of those.  When he finds out Sarah is immortal, he says that it's impossible because "she wasn't there".  But we know that it is possible to make someone immortal, as Julia and Sarah were made so last season.

(edited)

...with Hatake right before stealing Hatake's sword from her while she was unconscious.

Speaking of Caleb, why on earth did he disappear like the wind carrying Hatake's sword without a word to Julia??? At the time I was left wondering if he had rushed to make sure Julia had indeed finished Hatake. Once immortals are hard to kill, he might have thought she hadn't killed him off 'properly' and he could have been slowly recovering in the meantime and make an inopportune comeback. I hope he didn't find the foiled scientist to finish him personaly since that gives space to Sanada's return to the series later on if only for some episodes. I was half asleep when the talk btw Julia and Caleb in the cave after the big fight  took place and wasn't back to make sure I picked the meaning. But now that he's back with the catana I'm suspicious he really was after Hatake. Any ideas about this...anyone?

I think too that Caleb might be Sara's baby. Michael promised to take her to where this child supposedly was, and precisely there appears Caleb in a timely manner.  Michael might accidentally steered Julia into the 'baby' before he kicked the bucket. If that was the case he must be raging in heaven. Hatake was a saint  close this guy.

It might be confusing because Julia has two agendas: one in the present timeline (stop Ilaria from committing genocide), and one in the future (find a cure to the virus that is killing the immortals).

Right, and if I understood well it isn't the same virus of 30 y ago, it's a new one. And thus is explained why she had taken 30 y to go to the Island. She did go before, but she didn't find Michael who was cloistered at the time.

I always found Julia too willful. After seeing what she saw in the Artic Biosistems, after learning about what her parents suffered at Ilaria's hands for decades, witnessing her brother's death in that way, she still thought she could stop that huge organization by joining them up. She thinks very highly of herself. Her father who was one of them, lived among them for over 500 years,  was  an experienced man and scientist was beaten by them, but no, not her. She's very arrogant.

Edited by Nanda
(edited)

LMAO, this show has the most insane baby plot ever. I love it! I thought the baby opening its eyes and having them being silver was a neat image. The baby is supposed to be like 15 months already, maybe it is playing catch up now and that is why its growing to fast. But I spent the episode wondering wtf exactly Sarah was planning to do with her baby. She thought it was alive, but like... alive how she saw it? Or alive how it should have been inside of her? Did she want a blob of cells in a jar or something? lol

I am thinking that Caleb is gonna turn out to be the half immortal baby. I am kinda over Amy. I mean she doesn't really have anyone to lead now that everyone is dead. .I wonder if Sarah just decides to stay on the island or something and is still there thirty years later. That would be an interesting twist.

My thoughts exactly. She is all evil maniac villain now, but she has no one to reign over. Maybe the plan is to venture out into the world once she is immortal.

Remember though that Sarah decided to gulp down a honey-covered fingers worth of mycotoxin in front of Kyle to prove she's immortal -- I suspect she's the first immortal to die from this virus, albeit very slowly.

Oooooh. Well that is an interesting theory.

I'm so tired of Peter, but still dig Amy.

I think Caleb is the immortal baby too. Are they seriously growing that creepy silver-eyed baby in a cabinet??

The conversation between Kyle and Sarah about the immortals was hilariously low budget. Don't tell me you're...immortal! Dun dun dun.

We do not know how any of them became immortal.

I agree with the others: Caleb is either that superhero kid or Sarahs baby. I kind of hope present day Julia arrives at the island soon.

And fuck Alan. Goodness gracious, we're on episode 8 and he is still playing coy and not telling us why the fuck he is there. I understand from a story point of view why it makes sense to hide that information till the right moment, but it makes him look like an asshole. There is no reason within  the story why he should keep his mouth shut even now.

Edited by natyxg

Given that Michael survived 30 yrs in the oubliette and that chained up immortal they found last season lasted however many years without food or water I'll allow that the immortafetus can survive in a jar. That little bairn reminded me of the Star Baby from 2001 when it opened its eyes.

Peter and Anne - the only couple I care about right now. Even though Peter works with/for Ilaria at least he's trying to do his job, while Alan is...being Alan.

Eureka! I have found it! It's the Age and Area, or Willis Hypothesis. This was spoken about in three episodes last season. The hypothesis states the extent of range of a species may be used as an indication of the age of that species.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Christopher_Willis

I even found someone who wrote about it in regard to Helix. 

http://interdimensional-dave.blogspot.com/2014/02/helix-willis-hypothesis.html?m=1

You're welcome:) 

Episode Synopsis:

Sarah attempts to meet Sister Amy’s demands for immortality as Kyle takes desperate measures to get out of a terrifying predicament.

Oh, Sarah.  Nice attempt at trying to trick Amy, but thanks to her suspicions and Landry offering himself up as a test subject, he's probably dead, and you've done pissed Amy off!  Whoops!

Kyle continues to be the guy that the show craps on.  First, he gets captured by two infected, who want to eat his eyes out.  And the, do to Alan and the SWAT team apparently taking their sweet-ass time to find him (either they really suck, or they just took a long lunch break), he forced himself to drink the honey, so they wouldn't make him their next meal.  So, now he is infected and they have two days to find the magic tree, or he is so fucked.

Speaking of Alan, he's now hallucinating Doreen for all people.  Remember her?  She was that blonde CDC gal, that Sergio killed for reasons I can't even remember.

And that leads to my favorite part: Julia and Sergio are on the island!  Yay, for finally bringing those two into the main story, show.  Of course, they have to deal with the still shady Anne, and Peter, who has apparently become a slimy bastard now, who will only help them for protection and $100 million dollars.  You suck, Peter.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1
Oh, Sarah.  Nice attempt at trying to trick Amy, but thanks to her suspicions and Landry offering himself up as a test subject, he's probably dead, and you've done pissed Amy off!  Whoops!

The big problem with that final scene with Amy is that she "locked" Sarah in a room with a door made of glass panes, which means escape is easy.  And with Landry out of commission as Amy's main muscle, she could probably take on Amy womano-a-womano.  For someone who wants to be immortal, Amy doesn't have a lot of patience.  I want to be immortal now.

Kyle continues to be the guy that the show craps on.  First, he gets captured by two infected, who want to eat his eyes out.  And the, do to Alan and the SWAT team apparently taking their sweet-ass time to find him (either they really suck, or they just took a long lunch break), he forced himself to drink the honey, so they wouldn't make him their next meal.  So, now he is infected and they have two days to find the magic tree, or he is so fucked.

I don't understand why Kyle stopped running -- he wasn't hurt and the crazy infected couple were a long ways away.  That made no sense, but then again on this batshit crazy show, what really does make sense.

Speaking of Alan, he's now hallucinating Doreen for all people.  Remember her?  She was that blonde CDC gal, that Sergio killed for reasons I can't even remember.

Even though she was a figment of Alan's unconscious, I liked seeing her again -- that means that most of the main characters from Season 1 have now appeared in Season 2

Yay, for finally bringing those two into the main story, show.  Of course, they have to deal with the still shady Anne, and Peter, who has apparently become a slimy bastard now, who will only help them for protection and $100 million dollars.  You suck, Peter.

Peter does suck -- plus $100 million will mean nothing once 75% of the planet is dead because the world economies will all collapse.  At least we know that Julia was telling the truth when she told Michael in the future that she had come looking for him 30 years beforehand.

I find it hard to believe that Michael invented an high-tech artificial womb while living in a low-tech society -- heck, tech like that doesn't even exist now for real.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

I find it hard to believe that Michael invented an high-tech artificial womb while living in a low-tech society -- heck tech like that doesn't even exist now for real.

Well, I find that if I'm going to suspend disbelief for immortality, I may as well go all the way :)

• Love 2

Like previous posters have said, she isn't really trapped with all that glass there. I am thinking that Amy's maturity is kinda suspended to a toddler phase. It is kinda scary for a homicide maniac to act like a toddler throwing a tantrum. 

SO i was thinking that the spinal tap also went wrong because Sarah ate the infected honey. I am curious as to whether Julie or at least Sarah brought the virus to the mainland. 

From what I could tell, not only was the glass door no real problem for Sarah (if she weren't such a ninny), neither was the lock. It was on her side of the door.

I'm having a hard time summoning any sympathy for Sarah and her stolen fetus dilemma. If anything, my sympathies are completely with a fetus either trapped in Sarah's uterus or in a glass jar prison for eternity. Never growing, never maturing, never escaping fetal dependence -- it's a twisted, malignant nightmare. And stupid Sarah wants to do what? Let this fetus live with growing awareness of its misery for years, decades, centuries in the forlorn hope that you'll find a cure for immortality? Wow.

I'm with whoever has the plan to start beheading immortals until there are none left. I wonder if the 40-years-later virus that's killing the immortals was engineered by Alan. Or Hatake. That would be rich.

Did Alan's hallucination with Doreen allude that Kyle might be his son?   or did I imagine that?  (I was suffering from food poisoning at the time so I very well may have).

I think that's exactly what she was implying.  Then I read ScyFy's episode recap and it said: 

"Dream Doreen returns to ask him why he's got a wild hair about Kyle (and to imply Kyle is Alan's son), and then Winger brings him around."

On a side note, the episode recaps on Syfy.com are a hoot.  Also, they have some additional content in the Acces Granted link at the top where we can see Claire Wallenburg's emails and private documents/videos (she's the Ilaria lady that cooked coq au vine for Julia and old her about Mademoiselle Durant), including her chicken reipe. LOL!

I can't see the videos because I'm outside the US, but if someone here is inclined to watch and let us now if there's anything interesting there, it'd be appreciated.  They add more content to this section after the episode airs.

• Love 1

SO i was thinking that the spinal tap also went wrong because Sarah ate the infected honey.

I thought that, too.

I'm having a hard time summoning any sympathy for Sarah and her stolen fetus dilemma. If anything, my sympathies are completely with a fetus either trapped in Sarah's uterus or in a glass jar prison for eternity. Never growing, never maturing, never escaping fetal dependence -- it's a twisted, malignant nightmare. And stupid Sarah wants to do what? Let this fetus live with growing awareness of its misery for years, decades, centuries in the forlorn hope that you'll find a cure for immortality? Wow.

I kept thinking the same thing. I hoped the baby had been growing because it was supposed to be like a day old when Sarah became immortal, and that baby was at least a few months old. But Amy's speech about the jar not working because babies grow implied that Sarah's baby won't grow. It's inhumane to keep a baby stuck in a jar like that. What exactly is Sarah's plan?

I don't like Amy. I don't mind that she's bad, but she's just not a charismatic character. And the actress doesn't help.

• Love 1

Episode Synopsis:

The Abbey becomes a house of horrors as Kyle struggles with his infection and Anne begins to shape a successor to Michael.

Only a few episodes left, so sure enough, this shit has somehow gotten crazier!

First, did I hear Anne right?  Landry was her child too?  Was Michael also the father?  Just want to know if this means all of Amy/Landry's little handjob parties were merely half-incest, or was it in full-blown Lannister incest?  Either way, so basically Landry was all kinds of fucked up, but he knew where the "Mother" root was.  But, now, he's actually dead, thanks to Sergio.  Who himself, by also be dead thanks to Amy.

It's the reunion part of me never wanted, but another part me kind of does: Julia and Sarah!  I just get a kick how they barely seem to stand each other times.  I especially loved how Sarah was freaking out over Julia's sterilization plan and wrong at was, and Julia looked like she just wanted to shake her and scream "If I don't do this, Illaria is going to fucking kill everyone!  Get that through your thick head, dumbass!!"  And, all the stuff with the baby.  I know I was suppose to be horrified over Julia's "Plant the baby into Amy's uterus and make her immortal" reveal, but I love it!  So batshit insane, which means it's so Helix!

Meanwhile, Anne's just decided to go full-crazy as well, and is making Peter the new Michael.  Even showed him the nice little lair they have, where they apparently keep all the women who weren't down with Michael's plans, hostage.  Where they are still forced to pop out babies for Michael, and then killed.  And, Peter is already down with the killing!

Judging from the way Kyle was tonight, it sounds like what the virus does is make the victim see visions of people mocking him or her, and that's what causes them to flip out.  Which, in Kyle's case, it was visions of the little boy saying that... he smells?  Odd thing to be insecure about.

Whoa. This show is getting too twisted for my taste. Too much incest everywhere and so much violence against women... that scene with the women in the basement was absolutely sick. So those were all Michael's daughters, who he turned into human incubators, tied up and dehumanized completely, then raped and impregnated and later murdered. Absolutely disgusting. Anne is as batshit crazy as Amy and if I hated Peter before, his death can't be cruel enough now, for me. Please, please let that asshole die.

On the bright side, I think this one was like the only episode where Alan didn't annoy me, and I liked Julia and Sarah working together. I think I liked Julia being all science-y again. I just don't get why the hell she and Sarah just don't kill Amy. They are immortal and even though they can die they can risk getting wounded because they will heal and survive most wounds.

Judging from the way Kyle was tonight, it sounds like what the virus does is make the victim see visions of people mocking him or her, and that's what causes them to flip out.  Which, in Kyle's case, it was visions of the little boy saying that... he smells?  Odd thing to be insecure about.

I assume the visions vary from person to person. In this case it was something from Kyle's childhood. Those were very specific taunts.

Edited by natyxg

Well, Landry did not do so well after the injection.  He looks like a bloated Quasimodo, but at least Sarah got out of that room with Landry (who is Anne's son by the way -- since Amy is Anne's daughter, Amy has been giving handies and BJs to her brother).

Mother is missing, Kyle is not bearing the effects of the virus well, Julia and Balleseros are on the hunt and Alan is looking for the bleeding tree that has sap that is keeping Soren from going full on rage-boy.

Landry wakes up and attacks Sarah, flees when confronted by Julia and Anne, and climbs the clock tower to find where he hid Mother -- all set the music of "Brand New Key" -- all while Amy freaks the fuck out and destroys anything she can in the lab and Michael's office, including all the pictures on the wall.

Balleseros catches up to Amy as she continues to trash the abbey and figures out she was lying to Julia about having Mother.  Amy slashes Balleseros hands with a knife -- and acts all bat-shit crazy in the process, creeepily licking the blood off Balleseros' hand.

Julia brings Sarah up to speed about Ilaria's plan to release Narvik C.

Looks like Peter is finally going to find out what the tooth removal/Peking duck-style feeding was all about.

Winger's team finally gets a satellite signal and discover that the Manitou has been overrun by the virus.  That can't be good.  Might explain why a ship that looks like the Manitou is run aground near on the island and capsized in the 30 year flash forwards.

Julia and Sarah conduct research into why the spinal fluid transfer to Landry didn't work -- all set to 'The Blue Danube' waltz.

Peter and Anne play 'What do you want ?"  in the dark.  WTF ? Peter finally admits what he wants after burning through a dozen matches and Anne opens the door to the outside.

Amy and Balleseros go for a walk up the clock tower, and Balleseros is attacked by Landry, Amy grabs the box containing Mother and Landry falls down to the bottom of the tower, followed closely by Balleseros after Amy stomps on his hands.

Ok, now that was truly shocking -- Anne shows Peter Michael's personal baby farm/dungeon of horrors.  Who has been attending to all those toothless women ?  And by toothless, Anne confirmed that they took all their teeth out so they wouldn't chew through the feeding tubes.  And she tries to convince Peter to take Michael's place leading the commune.

Peter kills one of the women by slitting her wrists and Anne cuts the placenta and picks up what looks like the baby from American Sniper.  Peter and Anne are totally going to bang at some point, once he becomes the 'new' Michael.

Julia's solution to giving Amy immortality -- implanting Sarah's baby into Amy's uterus.

Seriously, this show never disappoints with the crazy.