Type keyword(s) to search

Helix - General Discussion

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Yeah the previous Amy/Landry *eeewww* became big time *EEEWWW* :/

I'm still liking Anne, even batshit crazy, I'll take her over Amy any day of the week.

Not the best episode for me but I'm sticking with it to the (bitter) end. I miss Hatake though :(

Oh, Peter, just when you had the perfect opportunity to step up you guzzle down the kool-aid from Anne who turns out to be as BSC in her own way as Amy is in hers.

I thought it was hilarious when Quasi-Landry starting running up the bell tower but the musical choices in this episode didn't strike me as inspired as they have been in other episodes.

So, was Anne saying she really was the leader?  Getting Michael do things she wanted but making him think it was his idea?  And regardless, what would she want with the disgusting baby farm she set up?  Just people to rule over?  Is she looking for immortality too?

Despite all the questions, I love this show.  It's just so batshit crazy, it's hard not to like it.

Mother is missing, Kyle is not bearing the effects of the virus well, Julia and Balleseros are on the hunt and Alan is looking for the bleeding tree that has sap that is keeping Soren from going full on rage-boy.

Soren doesn't need the sap. He was the only one who recovered from the virus naturally.  So he was completely healthy when Landry locked him out of the Abby.  That's why the infected couple took his eye and ate it.  He was healthy.  If he had been infected the couple wouldn't have eaten any part of him.  Kyle drank the honey so the couple wouldn't eat him because they revealed they don't eat infected people.

Peter kills one of the women by slitting her wrists and Anne cuts the placenta and picks up what looks like the baby from American Sniper.  Peter and Anne are totally going to bang at some point, once he becomes the 'new' Michael.

Anne cut the umbilical cord, not the placenta.

Mother is missing, Kyle is not bearing the effects of the virus well, Julia and Balleseros are on the hunt and Alan is looking for the bleeding tree that has sap that is keeping Soren from going full on rage-boy.

I don't think Soren needs the sap. He got cured by himself, I thought. But who knows.

So, was Anne saying she really was the leader?  Getting Michael do things she wanted but making him think it was his idea?  And regardless, what would she want with the disgusting baby farm she set up?  Just people to rule over?  Is she looking for immortality too?

No, I don't think that was the point of her speech. Michael was the leader who got people to do what he wanted and made them think it was their idea and that they had a choice... but the baby farm showed that they didn't have any choice and he had full control of the abby. That's what Anne was offering Peter. I thought she is too used to having a leader to change now, and that she will want to find a way to make Peter immortal like Michael so things could keep carrying on as they had, maybe with the slight change of her being a bit more involved in the leadership.

Peter's character is such a mess to me. Not his motivations, those have been pretty consistent: he feels underneath Alan and wants to be the leader, the one who is respected. The problem is how far he is willing to go. He was involved with Narvik, but later seemed genuinely interested in helping the people of the island, but then he wanted 100 million dollars to save people and now he's slitting some helpless woman's wrist. What the fuck?

The highlight of this episode was Quasimodo, complete with bell tower.

I thought the same thing and found it quite amusing.

This show is completely insane!! And really gross.

I thought in the last episode Soren told Kyle they ate the tree sap to keep themselves from getting sick?

I think Kyle must be hallucinating things that happened to him as a kid.

Edited by madam magpie

I thought in the last episode Soren told Kyle they ate the tree sap to keep themselves from getting sick?

About the sap, Soren told Kyle: "We need it so we don't get more sick."  But Soren continues to be the same innocent child he was at the Abby, and he doesn't seem to know all the facts, which are as follows:

1) Soren was completely cured before he was kicked out of the Abby.  Peter, Kyle and Sarah confirmed that.  They were desperately trying to find Soren because they though he would be key to finding a cure, since he was the only person who survived the virus.  Sarah even tried to trick Soren's mother with a fake teddy bear, hoping that she would help her find him.

2) The mycotic woman who was part of the duo holding Kyle captive in the shack in the woods told Kyle that they don't eat their own.  They ate Soren's eye, so Soren is not "their own", and they also threatened to eat more of him if he didn't help capture Kyle.

The mycotics might have told Soren he needed the sap so he wouldn't get sick again, or Soren could think he's still sick because they kicked him out of the Abby, but Soren is not sick at all.

In other news, there are now two possibilities for Immortaletus to come to term and actually be born to lately be on the island helping Julia:

1. Being implanted in Amy's uterus (they'll say her mortal DNA is the cause of his growth, which is not how DNA works, but actual science has no place in science-fiction, he. he!).
  2. Sarah accepts Julia's offer of having her own lab with unlimited funding so she can find a way for making her baby grow, but she demands to stay on the island with Alan (which is why Julia was looking for clues left to her by Alan when she goes back to the island 30 years later).

Questions:

Does anybody here think that the baby Anne picks up in the basement of horrors is immortal? Could Michael have finally found what he wanted just before he was imprisoned in cement for 30 years?  How ironic would it be that he was killed without knowing that all his "work" had finally paid off?  Could this new baby and not Sarah's immortaletus be Caleb?

Shenanigans:

There's no way Sarah's fetus is that big if he became immortal when she did.  She'd had sex with Alan only a few days before she got the immortal juice from Julia.  The "baby" at that stage was nothing more than a ball of cells!

Edited by WearyTraveler

Re: Soren. Or the show could be screwing up its details.

Didn't Amy say she'd grown Sarah's baby in that jar? Or super grown it? Or something...

I wonder if Julia plans to actually implant the fetus. My first thought was that she was just screwing with Amy again, but I can't figure Julia out at all. So now I don't know.

Edited by madam magpie

Re: Soren. Or the show could be screwing up its details.

True, but if they screwed anything up it was Soren's line of "we" because his health was a big deal in the first 4 episodes and his recovery was a major development. So, I don't think they would make him sick now.

Didn't Amy say she'd grown Sarah's baby in that jar? Or super grown it? Or something...

No. Amy said Michael had tried to grow other fetuses in that jar because he was trying to separate the women from their babies so that they wouldn't have any emotional attachment to their children.  She also said the process always failed.

Also, in this episode Sarah herself said to Julia that she (Sarah) would find a way to make her baby grow.  So, if Amy had said the baby could grow in the jar Sarah wouldn't have to find a way, she'd already have it.  Also, if Sarah, who has seen the size of the fetus in the jar, thought that the size was supposed to be smaller, she would have realized that the fetus had actually grown in the jar and, again, she wouldn't need to find a way to make the baby grow.

I wonder if Julia plans to actually implant the fetus. My first thought was that she was just screwing with Amy again, but I can't figure Julia out at all. So now I don't know.

I don't know either.  Julia could be planning to kill Amy during surgery or pretend to do it when she doesn't.  I don't even know how they would attempt implantation.  That baby is so large that a regular implantation as they do in fertility clinics is out of the question.  They would need to cut her open, and for that, she needs to be under (or at least heavily sedated).

Maybe she's trying to buy some time until Balleseros comes back (she doesn't know that he followed Landry down the bell tower).  Which begs the question, why hasn't Julia asked Amy where Balleseros is?  Julia asked him to follow her and then told Sarah to give him time because he was good at his job.  Now Amy is back and Balleseros is nowhere in sight, doesn't she wonder what happened to him?

And given that Amy had been so paranoid about Sarah when they were doing the spinal transplant (with reason as Sarah was planning on doing something with that extra syringe she had ready to go with that plant substance she got from Michael's greenhouse), how is she planning to keep tabs on Julia during surgery?  Will she hide Mother and only reveal its location when she's out of surgery?  Will she have her loyal minion (Soren's mom) supervising the procedure?

This show is great, flaws and all, I can't wait to see what crazy shit goes down next.

• Love 1

Who is the guy Julia meets on the island, at the start of the show, who keeps asking her "do you know the way to San Jose," and later saves her from Gabriel?  One possibility is that he is Sarah's son, 30 years later.  Maybe he's immortal.  Maybe he lost his immortality during Julia's procedure with Amy. 

Sorry to see Ballesteros go the way he did.  Did Helix ever explain what happened to him after the events of season 1? 

Whoa. This show is getting too twisted for my taste. Too much incest everywhere and so much violence against women... that scene with the women in the basement was absolutely sick. So those were all Michael's daughters, who he turned into human incubators, tied up and dehumanized completely, then raped and impregnated and later murdered. Absolutely disgusting. Anne is as batshit crazy as Amy and if I hated Peter before, his death can't be cruel enough now, for me. Please, please let that asshole die.

On the bright side, I think this one was like the only episode where Alan didn't annoy me, and I liked Julia and Sarah working together. I think I liked Julia being all science-y again. I just don't get why the hell she and Sarah just don't kill Amy. They are immortal and even though they can die they can risk getting wounded because they will heal and survive most wounds.

I assume the visions vary from person to person. In this case it was something from Kyle's childhood. Those were very specific taunts.

ITA, I had a very tough time with that basement scene, and I watch a lot of horror. Nightmare inducing. And I was actually liking Anne until this, I thought she might make Peter a better person. More fool me. 

So... who exactly am I rooting for now? The kid with the face bandage is kinda cool...

That fetus is HUMONGOUS. No way is that a first-term pregnancy. So silly! Sarah wasn't even showing, she'd only been pregnant a handful of days. It wouldn't even be a fetus, but a zygote, which doesn't look like a little baby.

So... who exactly am I rooting for now? The kid with the face bandage is kinda cool...

Yes, I like Soren. I'm still rooting for Julia...I think. And Alan. And poor Sarah. I also still dig Amy as a villain. She's a total psycho and yet...I get her.

I root for Julia, but that's mainly because I like Kyra Zagorsky and think she's hot.

Following here though, I think it is followed by rooting for a Resurrected Hatake (complete with visions of his dead family again), and Jeri Ryan from way back in S1, after they managed to reattach her head to a new body.

• Love 2

Well, I like Alan.  Yes, he gets on a high horse sometimes, but he's a good guy trying to do the right thing, so I root for him.

I like Kyle too (but that may be because I liked the actor a lot when I first saw him on a series called Jack & Bobby).

I don't particularly like the women doctors (Julia and Sarah), and I think it's because I don't like some of the acting choices the performers pick for certain scenes.  Mainly it's the way they move their mouths when they speak, there's something weird about it for me.  All the new people from this season haven't been on long enough for me to make any connection to them.  Amy is crazy, so is Anne, apparently.  Soren is cute, but a bit too innocent (bordering on stupid for me), and Caleb is still a mystery, so, I don't know how to feel about him.

But most of all, I kind of like the mindfuckery of it all.  

I do confess I have only felt a true emotional connection with only one fictional character in television and I watch a lot of television.  Never before, and never after, but that show is done, so, now I watch TV to either be mindlessly entertained or as an intellectual exercise.  The latter may include things like: let's see how much worse they can screw this show, or, in the case of Helix, let's see how much crazier this thing gets.

Edited by WearyTraveler

I do confess I have only felt a true emotional connection with only one fictional character in television and I watch a lot of television. Never before, and never after, but that show is done, so, now I watch TV to either be mindlessly entertained or as an intellectual exercise.

Oh, you can't just leave a statement like that hanging. C'mon, fess up. Who was it?

Oh, you can't just leave a statement like that hanging. C'mon, fess up. Who was it?

Don't judge me: Jack Shephard from Lost.  I know a lot of people didn't like him, but I identified with many of the character's struggles because of things that were happening in my personal life at the time.  So, that was it for me.  No one has pulled me in like Jack.

Don't judge me: Jack Shephard from Lost. I know a lot of people didn't like him, but I identified with many of the character's struggles because of things that were happening in my personal life at the time. So, that was it for me. No one has pulled me in like Jack.

No judgement here! He was a perfect tortured soul trope. You just wanted to hold him a make it all better.

• Love 1

No. Amy said Michael had tried to grow other fetuses in that jar because he was trying to separate the women from their babies so that they wouldn't have any emotional attachment to their children.  She also said the process always failed.

I think Amy said the reason Michael's jar always failed was because the babies would outgrow the jar. (Which seems like a fairly solvable problem -- make a bigger jar). Immortaletus doesn't have that problem. 

Of course, what Amy says could be a lie, could be the result of her being crazy or both.

And now that we know Michael has had his rape-incubator farm, it may just be that he became less interested in perfecting the artificial wombs since he was just going to reduce women to baby delivery systems.

• Love 1

I think Amy said the reason Michael's jar always failed was because the babies would outgrow the jar. (Which seems like a fairly solvable problem -- make a bigger jar). Immortaletus doesn't have that problem. 

Yes, she said that.  But she preceded that statement with the story that Michael was trying to create some sort of artificial womb so that the babies could grow separate from the mothers and have no emotional attachments.  Amy explained Michael's objective was to create an immortal female, so she could be his partner.  You are probably right in your assertion that:

And now that we know Michael has had his rape-incubator farm, it may just be that he became less interested in perfecting the artificial wombs since he was just going to reduce women to baby delivery systems.

It's a good guess as to why he stopped using the jar (or jars)

Of course, what Amy says could be a lie, could be the result of her being crazy or both.

True!

Episode Synopsis:

The Navy prepares to implement Plan B, which will ensure that the virus and the infected people do not leave the island.

Edited by SilverStormm
Added 'Episode Synopsis' for clarity
  • Love 1

Ouch, Amy totally got played.  Easily too, to be honest. Julia and Sarah just simply injected something into her eyes to make them silver and make her think she was immortal, and she told them where to get Mother.  I know Landry was out of commission (that's one way to put it), but she didn't have anyone else to watch them, and make sure they just didn't pull a trick like that?  She wasn't as smart as she thought she was.  But, it looks like she was still breathing in her final shot, so she might not be dead yet, but is clearly pretty fucked up by that toxin.

Then again, thanks to that toxin, Mother died as well, so Julia and Sarah are back to square one.  And, they were doing so well!  Really, they may hate each other, but they are a pretty solid team!

So, it's looking more and more like Peter and Anne are the final baddies for these last two episodes.  Peter's just releasing a crazy Kyle on Alan, stabbing a guard to death and taking out his eye-balls, and topped it all off, by locking the rest of the army outside, and letting them all die by the toxin.  I get sibling issues, but this extreme, Peter!  Dude's a full-blown psychopath now, and Anne is right there with him.

The Kyle/Alan noose scene might be one of my favorites, just because Matt Long was having so much fun camping it up.  He seems to realize how ridiculous this show is.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot we technically got the "big" Alan/Julia reunion, but I was never a fan about that.  You can do better, Julia.

So, Sergio really is dead?  What was the whole point of even bringing him back?

• Love 1

I beginning to think that Caleb -- who's on the island in 30 years time -- is that baby that Peter has latched on to.

So, is Sarah's baby still in the jar ?  

And where did Julia get that artificial placenta and umbilical cord she was going to use for the implantation of Sarah's baby into Amy's uterus ? Was it in her backpack just in case ?

Anne keeps feeding Peter's ego and Peter is a full-on crazy cult leader now.  Though considering how the abbey quickly falls into disrepair in the fast-forward sequences, I'm thinking Peter's reign doesn't last too long.

That seemed like an awful waste of Balleseros -- bring him back only to quickly kill him off.

If that spray killed Mother, does that mean it killed all the trees on the island and all the bees too.  Because that island still had a lot of trees on it even in the near future during the fast-forward sequences.

Is everyone on the Manitou dead by now as well based on that radio conversation last episode ?

ETA:  Last time I checked C-130s (that were doing the spraying) don't fly off aircraft carriers.  It's not like this was a modern day version of the Doolittle Raid.

Commander Winger and her team were pretty much screwed because someone (cough, cough, ... Peter) had messed with their protection suits and masks.

Before Amy went outside and did the whole "Yippee. Look at me. I'm immortal" dance, did she even bother to check and see if she was now pregnant with Sarah's child ?  Because she should have had a massive scar on her belly and been in a lot of pain from the surgery.  But no, she was too obsessed with her fancy new eyes.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

My goodness, the carnage! I almost expected to see Twisty the Clown from American Horror Story running through the woods. Who didn't know Amy's eyes were fake? So the baby is still in the mason jar. Where do we go from here.... The musical selections at inappropriate times- I still like that!

The whole time Amy was monologuing during the chemical dump I kept thinking "Why isn't she melting?" since I had assumed the grey eye thing was a fake out with all of Julie's "*Trust* me" declarations.  It sure took her a long time to react to the chemicals while others seemed to start disintegrating right away.  But i was still happy with the thought that we'd be free of her, but NOooo, she's still alive.  

The whole time Amy was monologuing during the chemical dump I kept thinking "Why isn't she melting?" since I had assumed the grey eye thing was a fake out with all of Julie's "*Trust* me" declarations.  It sure took her a long time to react to the chemicals while others seemed to start disintegrating right away.  But i was still happy with the thought that we'd be free of her, but NOooo, she's still alive.

My guess is that was Quasimodo/Landry hauling her away at the end of the episode.

Plus that wasn't really an effective solution if it only killed some people exposed to it when the purpose of the spraying was to kill everyone -- and Amy was basically bathed in the stuff, so how she survived who knows ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

My guess is that was Quasimodo/Landry hauling her away at the end of the episode.

Plus that wasn't really an effective solution if it only killed some people exposed to it when the purpose of the spraying was to kill everyone -- and Amy was basically bathed in the stuff, so how she survived who knows ?

I'm guessing her father being an immortal gave her some small measure of healing; enough to survive the gas.

• Love 1

I'm guessing her father being an immortal gave her some small measure of healing; enough to survive the gas.

That was my guess too.  She's the product of hundreds of years of inbreeding with Michael's DNA.  Perhaps we has slowly but surely succeeding in creating an immortal capable to breed other immortals.  Terrifying.

LMAO what a solid plan the army had: spray a chemical that people could survive by being in doors and maybe taping some plastic to the windows or, apparently, wearing a plastic suit.

So are Amy and Landry gonna be a couple of "monsters" now?

Augh, I am so ready for Peter to die already. Anne too. Pretty much everyone can die except Sarah, Julia and Kyle. Alan has been annoying me less so I don't know about him.

Sergio's death was really... underwhelming. I kept waiting for him to wake up and for us to realize he's an immortal, too. I guess not.

Before Amy went outside and did the whole "Yippee. Look at me. I'm immortal" dance, did she even bother to check and see if she was now pregnant with Sarah's child ?  Because she should have had a massive scar on her belly and been in a lot of pain from the surgery.  But no, she was too obsessed with her fancy new eyes.

She wondered about pain when she woke up, I think (not gonna watch again), and Julia more or less told her that she felt no pain because the procedure worked. But yeah, I didn't get why she wouldn't notice that she wasn't pregnant. Maybe the baby is supposed to be like first trimester baby instead of that huge kid that looks second trimester? but I didn't really get this whole thing. Julia theorized that maybe being inside Amy could make the baby grow. So they changed their minds in the end?

Whatever. I'm team Sarah/Julia. Julia makes Sarah less annoying and I always enjoy more Julia than less. So gimme more of that.

Is the promo for the next episode somewhere?

So, Sergio really is dead?  What was the whole point of even bringing him back?

Perhaps it was contractual? The producers had options to bring back the actors playing Sergio, Hatake and Miksa and rather than letting them walk wrote five minutes of screen time in for them?

Peter has an ax now, but this island really has a disappointing lack of claymores.

Edited by xaxat

I prefered Peter as a vector! Kill him, kill him now.

Hmm I thought Balleseros was immortal... must've missed something.

I enjoyed seeing Amy's face melt away far too much than I'll ever admit to anyone IRL.

When is the soundtrack out for this show??! Brilliant.

She wondered about pain when she woke up, I think (not gonna watch again), and Julia more or less told her that she felt no pain because the procedure worked. But yeah, I didn't get why she wouldn't notice that she wasn't pregnant.

For the lack of pain I figured they could tell her that it was just the drugs talking. Otherwise wouldn't the dual eye jabs have been noticed? As far as no baby bump maybe the size of the baby is misleading due to the refractive index and shape of the jar greatly magnifies its true size - how's that for a fanwank? Beside, Amy was far more obsessed with the whole immortality thing that it would monopolize her attention long enough for Julia to get what she wanted.

• Love 1

Peter needs to die already. So, so, so sick of this guy.

Alan needs to die already. So, so, so sick of this guy.

Anne needs to die already. So, so, so sick of this chick.

Julia and Sarah make a good team. Please make the show about them and Kyle.

I'm curious to know who the guy in the Island is. I'm guessing Soren, who got a new eye thanks to Kyle. I was surprised that he didn't blame Kyle for not helping his mom. I found it odd that Kyle didn't explain WHY they didn't help his mom. Peter is pathetic and not immortal, between the three of them they could've taken him. I was expecting Kyle to say that if they did the other followers would've heard and they would've been caught. Or something like that.

The pregnant women who went nuts need to kill Anne. Or Amy, who is bound to turn up with her bro. Anne is nuts, but she had a point when it came to Sarah's baby. It's inhumane to keep him like that. Speaking of the baby, lmao I can't believe they are still stretching this story. Are we gonna have baby in jar in season 3 too?

Alan is useless. I still haven't figured out what the hell he was doing at the Abby, or did he say and I forgot? I just remember him being mysterious all. through. the season. Well, I guess he is not completely useless because he developed the cure. But his attitude is really annoying and it's annoying that he wants to stop Julia. Seriously, is infertility that bad? It's better than people dying and the world COULD use less people. Does he know of a use for the thingy that Ilaria could use for bad things? Anyway, i dun currrr about Alan. Seeing him and Julia pointing guns at each other didn't make me shed a tear for their forever broken love story. I actually wanted her to be the one to shoot.

Peter is pathetic and nuts. The nutters of the Abby clearly just need someone to worship if they are willing to follow this pathetic man.

I'm looking forward to the season finale to see how crazy it will end up.

• Love 4

Well, where to begin. We know Julia survives in the future, so that shot didn't kill her. Sarah is determined to force her baby to live forever in a jar. I hope it doesn't become sentient. Or maybe, this is the true Face of Bo. And finally, shower sex is always best after mass murders, especially with classical music.

• Love 1

Oh, Alan.  I don't care what the reasons are: you are dead to for me pulling a gun on my beloved Julia.  I would be angrier, but since we already know that Julia is still around thirty years from now (unless there are clones, which would be that far out for this show), I'm going to guess your plan will not work out like you hope.

Yup, Peter and Anne are full-blown psychopaths.  Noticed that they are really making Peter look like Michael used too.  Not going to call him Eli though; Julia flat-out laughing at that reveal was the best thing ever.  She really doesn't take him seriously, does she?

Kyle has earned my permanent support for his reaction to Sarah's baby. In just mere seconds, he perfectly went through the motions ranging from "What is that thing?!" to "Since when where you pregnant?!", to finally being "Whatever.  Considering all the crazy shit that's been going on, this is really the last thing I should be worrying about!"  Welcome to Helix, Matt Long!

I'm pretty sure Sarah said that Amy was "indisposed" instead of dead, so I guess she is still alive, but just completely and utterly messed up.

Finale next week!  Lets see if they can top last season's, which still had one of my favorite moments ever: Alan distracting the bad guys, by throwing Jeri Ryan's severed head at them.  Good times!

• Love 2

I think Alan pointed out something really interesting tonight: Hatake took dozens of years to develop Narvick, and now someone at Illaria simply developed Narvick C in a less than a year.  Michael also took years to develop his infertility-causing apples, almost as much time as it took science to come up with the technology to do it working only with the mold.

I think Alan was right in thinking that Illaria was just manipulating Julia.  What if Illaria had been trying to get Michael to share his secrets and he refused? What if they had tried before and failed  because the crazy cult would do anything to protect Michael and, as we saw, Michael didn't have any qualms about murdering them all if they didn't tow the line.  They couldn't kill Michael because he was the one who knew the secret, and no matter who else they killed to get it, he didn't care.  They had no leverage on him.  So, what if Illaria said "fuck it, let's send Julia in, if she believes we're about to release Narvick C and kill most of the world population, maybe she'll be desperate enough to succeed, and if Michael kills her, so be it, she's not the most docile, obedient, little worker bee, is she? Always putting up objections to our plans".  And so, we have Julia, desperately running onto the island believing her only choice is to get that infertility solution or two thirds of the world dies.  

Alan might have figured out that Illaria wanted something Michael had, and that's why he was there before anyone else, trying to discover what exactly was it that Illaria wanted so badly; and making sure they didn't get it, if he could help it.  In that context his confrontation with Julia under the tree makes complete sense.

I have to say the cliffhanger ending was no cliffhanger at all. Not only do we know that Julia is alive 30 years later, but also, we know that Alan survived long enough to leave Julia a clue in "his grave" (the extra hip bone).  I'd much rather had the ending of this episode be the helicopter sequence, as we don't know if any of the 4 people up in the steeple (yes, I'm counting immortaletus, too) make it out alive.  I'm hoping Kyle makes it, as I've enjoyed Matt Long's work this season and he's perfectly great eye candy.

I think it's inevitable that the pregnant women, lead by Amy, will show up again in the finale and mob-kill Anne.  That will be quite an enjoyable little sequence.  Although I want Amy gone too.  Maybe Peter will finally kill her for good, and then Landry can take care of Peter before he kills himself.

My guess is that immortals are dying in the future because Alan figures out a way to make them sick, and this is why Julia goes back to the island 30 years later, hoping that Alan, who caused the disease in the first place, left her a way to find a cure for herself.

As for Caleb, we now have one more possibility: the baby that Peter was calling his son on tonight's episode.  That makes three candidates: Soren, immortaletus, and Peter's "son".  I think his identity will turn out to be important in next week's finale.

Can't wait for next Friday! 

PS: If anyone living in the US could check out the Access Granted section on the show's page on the syfy channel's website and tell me what the video for tonight's episode is, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm outside the US and can't see the video.  Here's the link to the page: http://www.syfy.com/helix/accessgranted/ 

(edited)

Kyle has earned my permanent support for his reaction to Sarah's baby. In just mere seconds, he perfectly went through the motions ranging from "What is that thing?!" to "Since when where you pregnant?!", to finally being "Whatever.  Considering all the crazy shit that's been going on, this is really the last thing I should be worrying about!"  Welcome to Helix, Matt Long!

I absolutely loved how nonchalant Sarah was when she said "That's my (silver eyed, immortal) baby (sitting in that glass jar)."

And Peter is such a petty little tyrant. I want power! And some money please.

Edited by xaxat

I think Alan pointed out something really interesting tonight: Hatake took dozens of years to develop Narvick, and now someone at Illaria simply developed Narvick C in a less than a year.  Michael also took years to develop his infertility-causing apples, almost as much time as it took science to come up with the technology to do it working only with the mold.

That's an interesting point.  When Julia meets with Hatake, she said something about being wrong to trust Illaria.  On the other hand, I'd bet Hatake's R&D process involved a lot of stalling.

PS: If anyone living in the US could check out the Access Granted section on the show's page on the syfy channel's website and tell me what the video for tonight's episode is, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm outside the US and can't see the video.  Here's the link to the page: http://www.syfy.com/helix/accessgranted/ 

It's a commercial for Telomak, an anti-aging drug brought to you by Illaria Corp.  From the name I'm guessing it targets telomeres.  

You know I have to say Anne and Peter are the first couple on this show that I believe. I mean I love Julia to bits but her and Alan but they are boring as hell. Sarah and Alan were extremely boring ass hell. But I do like how he is so not into their baby or Sarah at this point. Literally the only thing that makes Alan interesting at this point is how he tries to avoid Sarah like the plague. Say what you what you want about Anne but she was so on point about the pickle fetus.

• Love 1
I think Alan pointed out something really interesting tonight: Hatake took dozens of years to develop Narvick, and now someone at Illaria simply developed Narvick C in a less than a year.  Michael also took years to develop his infertility-causing apples, almost as much time as it took science to come up with the technology to do it working only with the mold.

I didn't find this odd because, given the name, I assumed Narvic C was a modified version of the other Narvic, so it's not like they started from scratch.

The thing about Alan turning on Julia is that while Julia might have believed the Ilaria party line about needing to thin humanity, she is obviously not okay with mass murdering everyone. So unless Alan thinks Ilaria will do something sinister with the infertility fungus, what is the problem? What does he think they want to do? Is that fungus what caused people to get sick and I missed that? What I mean is that if Ilaria is so bad and he thinks they are playing Julia, then the plan would be to try to stop them directly because fungus or no fungus they are gonna kill everyone. Julia is a way to Ilaria. She is someone on the inside who wants to stop them. The fungus would take years to make men all over the world infertile.

Anyway, whatever. I hate this dude.

You know I have to say Anne and Peter are the first couple on this show that I believe. I mean I love Julia to bits but her and Alan but they are boring as hell. Sarah and Alan were extremely boring ass hell. But I do like how he is so not into their baby or Sarah at this point. Literally the only thing that makes Alan interesting at this point is how he tries to avoid Sarah like the plague. Say what you what you want about Anne but she was so on point about the pickle fetus.

Alan's relationships and everything with everyone suck. He is the least charismatic character in the show by far, and this is a show that has someone like Peter in it.

• Love 1