Type keyword(s) to search

Raven Walton: Living Dead Girl

On 8/16/2017 at 0:49 PM, Nashville said:

Took me a while to figure out who Raven's dancing style reminded me of.  Check this out - about 48 seconds in:

Raven wishes she could dance like that; she's much closer to the exotic dancers who were petting each other, but can't do any of their other moves, either. 

Her dance studio was part of one of her Mom's many scams and was used as part of the reason her mom sued the owner of the non-profit business that owned the building, let Raven use space for nothing or next to nothing, paid for a family of foster children to take the classes for the summer and were employing the mom and stepdad while they were also receiving Social Security Disability, and when they refused to pay them $45000 annually, each, they quit and sued. The judge dismissed several charges at the end of the trial and the jury found for the defendant on the rest; reportedly less than thirty minutes after retiring to deliberate. This is the link to the court documents that I'm only including so it doesn't sound like I'm making it up, and I didn't mention some of the really horrible things included in that case since it was her parent's actions, not hers directly. However, there is a lot of information about Raven and her illness / lack of most of the crap she's spewing, in those documents.

Raven has learned to lie and grift since birth, has been collecting money from the community for her frequent (faked) surgeries for her gp, the surgery she actually had was paid for by Medicaid and her mother admitted it, and all of this, along with the gastroparesis community calling bull on her claims (for example, she's not terminal and doesn't need her stimulator replaced every two years) is being suggested as the reason she is not getting much air time during the actual episodes. I gave up on the season and haven't watched, so I don't know if it has improved, but the Watson family has been scamming for a long time, and the BB fandom discovered it almost immediately. There is a Twitter hashtag that has a lot of the screencaps of Raven's social media posts, newspaper clippings, etc., but has been taken over by her mother, who has about fifty usernames and causes fights with anyone who says anything negative, so view at your own risk because your eyes will be rolling: (broken up on purpose) # Raven Exposed Party 

Possibly more offensive as far as the show goes, however, is that she is just an absolutely terrible liar. She can't keep her stories straight, and has one for every conversation. 

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:12 AM, Christina said:

the surgery she actually had was paid for by Medicaid and her mother admitted it, and all of this,

This is the part I wish the public understood.  So many times scammers will say they will die if they don't get some life saving surgery and they need to collect money to pay for it.  If they're truly that ill and that poor, Medicaid or Medicare will usually pay for it.  I think most of those go-fund-me sites are disgraceful.

• Love 5

Did BB know about all of this and what? Thought it would make for good tv? But yet not much has made it to tv.   Or did BB not do any vetting and was scammed?  Just annoying someone like this gets on the show.  I'm glad she doesn't get much tv time.

• Love 4

watched after dark last night.  the camera people made a point to zoom in on the concoction Raven was making.  Huge amount of ice cream in bowl, about a cup of peanut butter on it, then later adding uncooked cookie dough, topped off with cool whip.  then shortly after she was lying in bed with Matt.  No way does she have stomach issues.  I could not consume that and lie down without a major GERD attack.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

watched after dark last night.  the camera people made a point to zoom in on the concoction Raven was making.  Huge amount of ice cream in bowl, about a cup of peanut butter on it, then later adding uncooked cookie dough, topped off with cool whip.  then shortly after she was lying in bed with Matt.  No way does she have stomach issues.  I could not consume that and lie down without a major GERD attack.  

I got reflux just reading that.

• Love 1

Someone from a Survivor Sucks forum compiled a list of all of Raven's claims of illnesses, and someone else blogged about it. It is way to long to cut and paste here, and the blogged post includes photos and attributes to the people who helped compile the list. 

It compares her to someone named Danielle from a season I didn't watch, too. At the very end, the blog post links to this YouTube video of a preview of the Rise and Demise of Raven performed by Wil, who has several BB videos.

• Love 2

If you receive an Emergency Medical Card there is a deductible that is set by statute. About 10 years ago, it was $7700 in Ohio, and I'm sure it has increased some since then. So, the family would owe something that isn't covered by Medicaid. However, since the hospital bill is usually submitted before the doctors' charges, the deductible is applied to that bill, and if they receive Federal Funding, the families will probably qualify to have more of that balance written off. 

Emergency medical cards aren't real easy to obtain because they are to provide for catastrophic coverage. I suspect that in Raven's case, since her father is deceased, her mother and stepfather received Social Security Income, the low income $700 per month not the disability coverage that could be more (according to the lawsuit), she probably was already covered by Medicaid so I don't give her any credit for maybe actually needing some money, but there are things that Medicaid won't pay, including Life Flight. Some GoFundMe's might be legitimate, but I personally don't give money to anyone I don't know, and think that GoFundMe's for things like the new IPhone should be publically shamed.

Raven's family, for example, straight up scammers. She is so delusional she thinks she was the puppetmaster of Big Brother Season 19, and I believe that she truly believes her own lies. Her mom did a number on her. Maybe I shouldn't say that though, because I've seen someone on Flakka (called Gravel here in Ohio) and Raven's dancing does fit. It makes more sense then someone paying her to teach kids.

• Love 2

Was looking at TAR threads and one had pictures of Jody on the race, in the spoilers thread.  Once on there I saw a link for the controversy of Raven's gofundme page and if it is or isn't taken down by gofundme.  Seems the original page was taken down but a secondary page is still up.  Look at this link to that other page and notice how Raven is the poster talking about herself in the third person.  Hilarious!

Edited by jumper sage
look at updates.
2 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Are Raven and Matt still together? 

It doesn't seem like it (to be honest, it never seemed like it). They still seem like they've just been good friends, especially on Matt's end. 

• Love 2

I don't follow her on social media, in fact, I don't follow anyone from BB on social media, but read an article that had a throwaway line to Raven trying to get on all the dancing shows and mentioned her Go Fund Mes. She can't work as a dancer but wants to be on the shows, allegedly.

Yep, there is a new one. This one does show a surgical wound for those of you who are squeamish. It's earned $2,266 of the $15,000 goal. For prosperity, this is the pledge: [screencap won't post and it won't copy into a quote box]

--------

Helping my friend Raven Walton

I am Christian Earl  the best friend of Raven Walton of Big Brother 19, whom I love dearly. She has had four surgeries since leaving the Big Brother house last August due to complications from her illnesses and infection. You can see videos of her latest surgical battle on her Instagram @Walton_raven. I have some posted pictures of what she is going through. She has been unable to work for the last two months and won’t be able to work for another three to six months. She will be having another major surgery in August of this year. She has medical expenses and living expenses that I know is adding a lot of pressure to an already scary situation. I want to thank everyone who can give and if you can’t afford to give just say a prayer for her please. May God Bless you all! 

-Christian Earl