Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Part 14

paigow

I really don't know what I just watched but I know I fucking loved and savored every last second of it.

Grace Zabriskie and her removable face (didn't Laura have one, too?!) was THE EVERYTHING.

I see the vortex/Lodge/Fireman took the purest of all hearts, Andy, to do ... something.

Oh my god, I am absolutely dreading the end of this. Not only because I know it's gonna be awful (for the characters) but mostly because I look forward to this hour of television like no other in the last...26 years. This is my only respite from this crazy world.

The Janey-E and Diane reunion is gonna be epic.

Of course David Lynch actually got Monica Bellucci to appear. Loved it.

Man that flashback to the FWWM was powerful. David Bowie as Phillip Jeffries and everyone looking so young and fresh faced.

Now was that Sarah Palmer or is the real Sarah Palmer what was making the bottle clinking noises in the kitchen? And if this is a duplicate, just WTH is she? Bad or good?

• Love 5

sarah is either the host for the mother or the little girl with the bug that crawled inside her in episode 8.

mr. green glove is going to factor into a battle of some sorts.

the purest of souls in andy got called up by the fireman.

and the guy in jail has to be billy, right?  and dude was talking like dougiejones.

• Love 3

I'm not sure what to make of Gordon analyzing the scene with Cooper and Jeffries when Jeffries pointed at Cooper and asked, "Who do you think that is there?" That actually scared me. Who's dream is all of this? 

The rubber glove story was insane, too! Fairly certain that young bloke's gonna be pivotal is some upcoming episode. 

I can definitely see Janey-E and Diane being sisters. Fiesty gals, both. 

My mind is just blown. Such a great, great episode. 

7 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm not sure what to make of Gordon analyzing the scene with Cooper and Jeffries when Jeffries pointed at Cooper and asked, "Who do you think that is there?" That actually scared me. Who's dream is all of this? 

The rubber glove story was insane, too! Fairly certain that young bloke's gonna be pivotal is some upcoming episode. 

I can definitely see Janey-E and Diane being sisters. Fiesty gals, both. 

My mind is just blown. Such a great, great episode. 

It may mean that twin peaks is a shaggy dog story. Because life. 

Wow on the sister thing, I did not expect that and yet it would be part of what keeps cooper there. 

O agree I don't want this to end. 

The scene in the jail was weird. This guy bleeding heavily, ignored, dougiespeaking. Billy. 

Really hoped for Audrey. 

• Love 1

So was James (finally I liked him!) a security guard at the Great Northern? Wasn't the humming sound he heard the same humming sound from Ben's office? 

ETA: I didn't even catch the bleeding guy doing Dougie-speak. I was too nervous about either Chad or him harming Naido that I kinda zoned out there and intentionally didn't pay attention to what the guy was saying.

ETA another: Lucy said she and Andy went to Bora Bora once. That ain't a cheap trip (at least from the East Coast)! First a Rolex, now a trip to Bora Bora. Crazy. 

Edited by Guest

I live in Washington.  I hike woods that look like tonight's woods.  I am always putting dirt in my pocket from this point on...

I had to look up Tulpa.

Dreamers living in dreams, but who is doing the dreaming?  I will be pondering that one for awhile. 

I'm not sure what I would think if Doppelganger Andy were added to the story.  When he got whooshed up, I contemplated the idea.

Is the Giant, Margaret the Log Lady's husband?

Shut up Chad.  My dog Doso was completely fascinated with the whimpering scene. Head was glued too the screen fascinated.

Giant Misfit, I also thought that was the same humming from Ben's office.  Loved earnest English guy!

Billy.  I want answers.

Twin Peaks The Return Season 2!  Yes please.  

• Love 6

Gordon Cole having an in-depth dream about the actual Monica Bellucci is just further evidence David Lynch is gleefully skewering himself and his image with Cole's story this season.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

I have a lot to say (and yet not much at all at the same time) but before anything else, does anyone else think that woman at the bar who looked like Rachel Dratch was some sort of Audrey avatar, or working for Charlie? She kept asking that other woman such leading questions that revolved so much around Audrey's dream and Audrey's conversation with Charlie. She also acted very suspiciously in her body language.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 5

I'll have more to say about this wild shit later, but IIRC one of those women was Emily Stofle, Lynch's wife. (Her sister played - well, sort of - Ruth Davenport.)

I believe Naido was making monkey noises - like the monkey from FWWM. Is she, in fact, Judy?

• Love 3

Also interesting: Laura, who (I think) had ascended to the White Lodge, in part 2 opens her face to reveal blinding white light. Sarah does the same and reveals a black abyss and "Mother".

If this ends in a showdown between Zabriskie and Sheryl Lee that would be nuts.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Also interesting, the British security guard said he realized walking home from the pub that night that he just wanted "to do good in the world." And moments later, he's with the Fireman receiving his instructions on how, I presume, he can accomplish just that. I was surprised that the Fireman was so non-mysterious with his instructions though. I mean, he's been cryptic as hell with Cooper and pretty much laid out whole path to that kid's life with nary an extraneous word.

31 minutes ago, jsbt said:

If this ends in a showdown between Zabriskie and Sheryl Lee that would be nuts.

Oh let THIS happen!

Can someone enlighten me about the connection between Lynch and Monica Bellucci?

ETA: 

Just saw this. Might go far in helping to understand what was behind Sarah Palmer's face:

Edited by Guest

Wow.

So much of the imagery in the new show goes back to his art - the glass box, the mauve palace, the Mother as shown in part 8, now this. More that I can't remember offhand.

• Love 3

I could rewatch.  And rewatch again and still miss out on things. 

It's just been mesmerizing for me.  It has my full attention (mom got shushed tonight.  Don't hate, she knows better and she didn't fall ) .TV just isn't like this except for occasionally. I'm grateful for these moments.

Thank you David Lynch.  You broaden my horizons.  And often freak me out.

• Love 8

Laura Dern and Grace Zabriskie were so good tonight.

I don't recall ever hearing about tulpa aside from on The X-Files, which I've always thought is sort of a less cool, way more prolific attempt to channel Twin Peaks (but with some very good episodes).

The scene where Sarah killed that asshole reminded me of a supernatural version of the same main idea from History of Violence, which is one of my favorite movies. 

I think, like Inland Empire, this season has been under-edited and alternates between ultra-sincere and ultra-ambiguous to a dizzying extent, but it also forces me to think, and that makes me happy. I guess that description could also apply to most of Pynchon's novels, and no surprise that I'm just as big a fan of him as I am of Lynch.

• Love 4

I'm sort of speechless. So much of this episode seemed like standard forward-moving narrative, but then it was studded with all kinds of surreal-bombs. Like a chocolate chip cookie with exposition dough, and freaky dream chips.

On the standard narrative side, I was delighted to see Chad get tossed in jail, and was surprised at the big reveal concerning Diane and Janey-E. Yowza, I wonder if they are going to be reunited in an upcoming episode. I predict many more F-bombs from Diane.  On a more mundane note, the run-down of the sandwich orders made me giggle.

On the surreal dreamy side:

Never thought we'd see the mysterious eyeless woman again. For some reason I never pictured Andy being sucked into the mysterious realm inhabited by the Giant/Fireman, so that was also a surprise.

Sarah has always freaked me out - even in Season 1, but the whole bar scene was just nuts. Her face removal reminded me of a bunch of things - spooky surreal collage art I have seen - Man Ray springs to mind immediately, but I'm sure there are others  (thanks @Giant Misfit for posting that bit of Lynch art! Yikes!).

The whole Monica Bellucci dream scene was amusing, since it seemed clear Lynch wrote her into the show just so he could cast her and gaze upon her in person.

I take it the bloody drunk guy in jail is probably Billy - did anyone catch the credits on that one?

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • Love 5

One of the things I notice as the season goes along is that for all the talk of Lynch not giving answers, he's giving out a ton of answers about the Twin Peaks mythos - the Blue Rose in blatant expository form, and the Black and White Lodges, Bob, etc. in more oblique form. I think that he has been more interested in atmosphere and themes this season than in anything else, which means now that we're near the end we're getting all the legwork thrown at us - the Gordon/Albert/Diane/Tammy group pretty much exist solely for this purpose lately. That makes their scenes the outlier for me in terms of a bit of a slog, although Diane and Janey-E being sisters was a real shock. I guess I should have expected this type of twist for two Lynch favorites making their Twin Peaks debut, but I didn't. It's very clever though, and another way for "bad" Cooper to manipulate Diane or hurt her (unless they planned it together). I saw a review saying that Diane seems bad but means well, while Janey-E seems good but is actually a user. I don't really have that interpretation of Janey-E though. Anyway, I had to laugh at Laura Dern's delivery of "We're estranged...I hate her." And at Albert's discomfort and resignation at hearing about what he likely expected was some sort of Gordon Cole sex dream. 

A few people picked up on some callbacks to the pilot tonight, like James around the pipes in the Great Northern (similar to when Bob was found in the international version of the pilot). Or how Andy was holding the eyeless woman's hand and crouched over her the way he did with Laura in the pilot (and offered her comfort while he could do nothing to help Laura). As weird and fascinating as the scenes with the Giant/Fireman and Andy were (and it makes an odd sort of sense that Andy, the purest characters on Twin Peaks, would be the one to be called), it was the short scene with Andy and Lucy with the eyeless woman that got to me, as it showed their inherent kindness and decency toward her along with their eternal devotion to each other. I know some fans feel that Lynch was making fun of Andy and Lucy this season, but I think his love for the characters and what they represent was on display here. Indeed, all of the sheriff scenes in this episode were a pretty clear case of goodness and innocence (complete with sandwiches and backpacks) versus bumbling, nasty badness (Chad, not even getting a big scene of being exposed, just arrested and thrown into a cell). Maybe it's one-dimensional, but with the world the way it is now I don't mind the simplicity of good and bad. 

I was bewildered that they did so little to protect the eyeless woman. I'll be surprised if she makes it out of the next episode alive. 

The scene with Sarah was one of the most terrifying scenes I've seen on the show, and also full of the sick sense of inevitability. You knew something was going to happen to him, you just didn't know what, or when, or how. It was a rare scene of a woman really taking power back in the revival, which I appreciated, but also wasn't presented as a generic "girl power" sequence, given that something very wrong is inside her and we have no idea how aware she is, or how much of the old Sarah is even left. (or how much she ever existed in the first place) I couldn't tell if she was pretending to not know what happened or if she was like Leland in that moment and going back and forth. Either way, it was an unforgettable scene. Grace Zabriskie has just given some of the best performances I've ever seen on TV in this back half. I can't praise her enough. 

I've watched too many British TV shows to name over the years but that lengthy Cockney monologue was a bit much for me. I got most of it though. Jake Wardle is green as an actor but he has a certain charm and sincerity that takes over most of the scene - sort of deja vu of some of the original young Twin Peaks cast. He also works well with James Marshall. I thought Marshall was very good in that whole scene...it was sad seeing him mention that it was his birthday, and how lonely he seems to feel. The melancholy of it also reminded me a lot of the old Twin Peaks. 

• Love 8

"...And last night I had another Monica Bellucci dream!"

Okay, so thoughts as they came and were finally assembled: What a fucking show.

The Lois Duffy case that spawned Blue Rose - a clear case of doppelgängers - is fascinating. I want more; I love all this crazy Mark Frost/Bob Engels-driven(?) FBI lore. And the OTT high-tech computer lair is awesome. And for me, Tammy is better and better opposite Ferrer and Lynch. Chrysta Bell works in that environment and in that high-flying Weird Tales context. She delivers exposition about tulpas (a phenomenon I had no idea this series would be exploring - wow) beautifully.

Lucy and Cole reconnecting and howling at each other was gold. I loved that Lucy is still doing the thing with the blinking lights. Forster's reactions to both of them are perfect as always.

I've said it before since around part 4, but Gordon Cole having an in-depth dream about international sex symbol Monica Bellucci is just further evidence David Lynch is gleefully skewering himself and his image as a lover of ladies and finer things with Gordon this season - while also enjoying making mischief. Cole remains Lynch's id/hero-self/goofy parody of his own eccentricities or peccadilloes - first all the nights with pretty ladies and Bordeaux while Albert is hard at work, then he wanders in to crash Albert and Tammy's serious exploration with "coffee time" and window wiper shenanigans, then a Very Important Dream about him and Bellucci. It is his most imperfect self run rampant, yet it is all also deeply pertinent to his work - the Bellucci dream goes from comical to quickly hypnotic, fascinating and foreboding as the music builds, and then Cole sees himself in the past, young, "long ago", like so many on the show - and then he and Albert sink back into the dream/memory unsteadily, as they remember Jeffries' words about Cooper which have spooked me for over 20 years. I love it.

Diane and Janey-E - another Vertigo/Laura-esque film noir connection. Intriguing.

Thrilled to finally see Owain Rhys-Davies as henpecked FBI Agent Tom Wilson in Vegas; he was all over social media during filming, and I hope there is more of him. Jay R. Ferguson from The Real O'Neals was his deranged superior - he appeared in a great-looking indie flick with Sheryl Lee and Grace Zabriskie, The Makings of You. I dunno if it ever came out but I loved the trailer (here).

Everything in the Jackabbits' Palace sequence - from the drone shots of the woods to the traverse through it, to the portal to the end - was unspeakably beautiful. Anyone who says The Return has no visual splendor doesn't pay enough attention. Their journey, the giant wrecked tree reminded me so much of Peter Weir's Picnic at Hanging Rock. And as a decades-old Peaks fan it was surprisingly emotional for me to finally see a portal to the White Lodge, apparently made of milk and gold/honey? as a parallel to the Glastonberry Grove portal to the Black Lodge, which has the scorched engine oil. I never thought I'd ever see these things. Andy's lore download (complete with Laura and her FWWM angel bursting the picture into color - another emotional moment for me, and it seemed Andy as well) and the revelation of the Giant's true name, the Fireman, was amazing. Just incredible stuff. Oh, and Harry Goaz totally sold Andy's heroism and courage in the face of the unknown as the vortex roared open. The shots of him as he stared into it were awesome. Pure of heart.

Having Naido back in this way is fantastic. I keep thinking she is actually Judy, hence the monkey-like noises, but I may be biased given the old fan lore from old TP staff writer/FWWM co-writer Bob Engels about how they intended for Joan Chen to play Judy as Josie's identical cousin in other TP films. I don't know what to make of the drunk in the cells though - I think that was Jay Aaseng, i.e. not the Billy we saw a few weeks back. Assuming there can't be two Billys. I haven't read all the discussion so someone refresh me if there's a way to link all the info on Billy, Audrey, Tina, etc. - I was half-sure the young girl's mother could be Audrey. And I think the dark music hinted at something like that. But did Charlie suggest that Tina was Billy's other lover? I can't recall.

Cool hearing the same electric feedback grind noise on the shots of the trees as the TPSD entered the woods that we heard in all the teasers.

I was hoping we'd see cute Jake Wardle again as Freddie Sykes, and now it turns out he's quite important. His long anecdote - full of jaunty British stereotype vernacular right out of Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins - was classic Lynch, in both the mysticism and the heartfelt and sincere earnestness of its Old Hollywood artificiality. For someone who's not much of a trained actor I thought he totally sold a very tough Lynchian speech because he was so guileless and sweet. James' presence was especially melancholy. He remembers being that young, and now his life has come down to him minding the rich man's hotel in uniform with young men half his age. Another example of time and weathering as the show's core themes - I think James Marshall is especially good now that he's grown older. I found that basement very reminiscent of BOB's lair in the European pilot, which has a longer, non-canonical ending Lynch filmed to satisfy foreign investors who wanted to release the original pilot theatrically overseas - Lynch and Frost later carved that material up to form the famous Red Room dream of episode 2 on ABC. BOB can be glimpsed in that lair during Cooper's dream. Anyway, I don't think that resemblance is a coincidence.

I got nothing to say about Sarah others haven't said. Sarah's core is a black abyss for the Mother (patterned after Lynch's own avant-garde art) and Laura's in part 2 was full of white light. The question is, if Sarah was infected with the insect creature in 1956 (the young girl in part 8 ), has she always been a host for the Mother/creature/whatever, a sleeper agent all this time, or did she become fully corrupted in the last 25 years? I don't believe the Sarah we knew in 1989 was hiding this side. Maybe it was dormant until after Leland and Laura passed.

I liked the Lissie song. Sue me! It was something different, and I think some of its lyrics related to Cooper/Dougie while also being redolent of the romantic, comforting Old West/cowboy fantasies Lynch has hewed to in some of his work, including the iconography Sonny Jim has in his room.

I am really going to need Season 4. Not because I'm worried about this story, because this show is too good. Every week I have no idea what I'll see - and I spoiled myself for 14. There is still no other show like this.

Fuck Chad!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Thrilled to finally see Owain Rhys-Davies as henpecked FBI Agent Tom Wilson in Vegas; he was all over social media during filming, and I hope there is more of him. Jay R. Ferguson from The Real O'Neals was his deranged superior - he appeared in a great-looking indie flick with Sheryl Lee and Grace Zabriskie, The Makings of You. I dunno if it ever came out but I loved the trailer (here).

Having Naido back in this way is fantastic. I keep thinking she is actually Judy, hence the monkey-like noises, but I may be biased given the old fan lore from old TP staff writer/FWWM co-writer Bob Engels about how they intended for Joan Chen to play Judy as Josie's identical cousin in other TP films. I don't know what to make of the drunk in the cells though - I think that was Jay Aaseng, i.e. not the Billy we saw a few weeks back. Assuming there can't be two Billys. I haven't read all the discussion so someone refresh me if there's a way to link all the info on Billy, Audrey, Tina, etc. - I was half-sure the young girl's mother could be Audrey. And I think the dark music hinted at something like that. But did Charlie suggest that Tina was Billy's other lover? I can't recall.

I think Charlie did say that.

For some reason Davies reminded me a lot of Jack Nance in his brief scene tonight.

On the subject of Sarah, I saw one fan saying that a lot of what the trucker said to her was similar to passages in the Secret Diary about the language Bob used to degrade Laura. 

• Love 1

Quote feature doesn't seem to be working right tonight...

"I really don't know what I just watched but I know I fucking loved and savored every last second of it."

Well...except the last seconds.  That was the first "Miss" with the Roadhouse musicians (and no, i'm not counting THE James Hurley - Great Northern Security Guard by night / singer/songwriter by ...uh... also night - as a "Miss")

Ooh boy do i want to see a Diane/Janey-E reunion...and if Diane hates her, she won't be thrilled when she sees that SHE'S the one who got married to Coop (Sign - Diane's half-sister married to a half-Cooper)

So maybe the Great Northern Noise is just a massive spiritual "tuning fork" for James just because he could use one.

"I have a lot to say (and yet not much at all at the same time) but before anything else, does anyone else think that woman at the bar who looked like Rachel Dratch was some sort of Audrey avatar, or working for Charlie? She kept asking that other woman such leading questions that revolved so much around Audrey's dream and Audrey's conversation with Charlie. She also acted very suspiciously in her body language."

When she asked what's her mother's name - that totally came from nowhere!  Just an excuse for her to say the name!

"I believe Naido was making monkey noises - like the monkey from FWWM. Is she, in fact, Judy?"

We're not gonna talk about that!

Poor Chad - instead of barking, he has to put up with Naido/"Billy(?)"'s scratchy monkey noises - can't think of a better punishment!

All season i've been expecting Hawk to be the one to enter The White Lodge and it turned out to be ANDY!  Totally was taken by surprise but as others pointed out, it did make sense.

This part shall be remembered as The One Where Sarah Has A Face-Off At A Bar.

"Who is the dreamer?"  Prior to the new episodes, i'd seen some well-argued and backed-up with convincing enough evidence theories that the entire Dear Meadow Prologue of FWWM was Dale Cooper's dream.  With the new episodes (and especially Phillip Jeffries being such an important part of them), i'd started to dismiss it, but now tonight's episode just brought that theory right back into legitimate question.

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 5

@dwmckim, when I first saw it, I immediately thought of this image from the Italian horror film Suspiria, but... wrong facial feature. Speaking of body parts, we haven't seen "the arm" (aka talking brain) for awhile. I've been missing it!

suseyes.jpg

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

The other thing I wondered about after a few people mentioned it was that girl in the Roadhouse say she thought her uncle was there...when one of the messages Lil and Gordon gave in FWWM was about "my mother's sister's girl."

Good catch! Also, when the girl kept mentioning her uncle (and couldn't remember if he was in the kitchen or not), it also reminded me of the honking lady from Ep13 who told Bobby she was in a hurry to get to dinner because the vomiting girl's uncle, who she hadn't seen "in awhile," was going to be there. 

Though I can't be certain, it appeared that the "Truck You" lettering on the bar asshole's shirt was drawn by Lynch; the printed letters looked similar to his own handwriting that I've seen on his art.

I liked the Lissie song. Sue me! It was something different, and I think some of its lyrics related to Cooper/Dougie while also being redolent of the romantic, comforting Old West/cowboy fantasies Lynch has hewed to in some of his work, including the iconography Sonny Jim has in his room

Well...except the last seconds.  That was the first "Miss" with the Roadhouse musicians (and no, i'm not counting THE James Hurley - Great Northern Security Guard by night / singer/songwriter by ...uh... also night - as a "Miss")

What a YMMV moment.  For me, it was the first time that I actively hunted down a Roadhouse musician and bought their stuff.  In looking at Lissie's catalog on iTunes, it looks like "Wild West" was written well before the series, so if it fits (I wasn't paying that much attention to the lyrics to note parallels), Lynch chose it for that, but didn't write it (like he has for other stuff).  

• Love 3

If the Twin Peaks portal was accessible from outer space, why not send RealCooper there instead of the New York box?

Has Leland ever taken his face off? Mrs. Palmer is host for something from the Black Lodge that IS NOT Bob? 

• Love 1

I didn't mind the closing act on this episode. The only real miss for me the whole series has been the resurrection that godawful "Just You" by James. And I liked James this episode too. Middle-aged James is fine - as long as he's not singing!

• Love 3

Regarding Naido (the eyeless woman):

1. When our intrepid wilderness trekkers first happened upon Naido laying on the forest floor - until they rolled her over and we noted the lack of eyes, did anybody else besides me think at first glance they had come across Audrey?
  2. Which led me to wonder: given Naido's inability to see, or communicate effectively - could Naido be a "vessel" within which Audrey's intelligence/spirit/soul resides - isolated, cut off from contact or perception with the rest of the world?
  • Love 2

When our intrepid wilderness trekkers first happened upon Naido laying on the forest floor - until they rolled her over and we noted the lack of eyes, did anybody else besides me think at first glance they had come across Audrey?

Yes! I was thinking "Please be Audrey Please be Audrey Please be Audrey." 

I actually liked the Lissie song, but was distracted by the horrendous attempt at lip-syncing. Otherwise, a stellar episode. I know it was predictable, but I could watch Sarah attack that "Truck Off" guy on repeat all day long. And yay for the show finally showing Andy some respect. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, paigow said:

If the Twin Peaks portal was accessible from outer space, why not send RealCooper there instead of the New York box?

Has Leland ever taken his face off? Mrs. Palmer is host for something from the Black Lodge that IS NOT Bob? 

It wasn't outer space, it was dimensional. A dimension of sound as Rod Serling used to say. I think she was in the universal subwoofer.'

He originally was set to go through to 315 and then bad cooper fought off the nausea and he then went through when it was set to 15, Dougie.

I think the glass box was supposed to hijack the signal but it got the wrong thing.

Since she flips off into space it may be a whole other system, maybe she was rescued by the white lodge.

Is Mrs Palmer the great mother?

• Love 1

I

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

1. When our intrepid wilderness trekkers first happened upon Naido laying on the forest floor - until they rolled her over and we noted the lack of eyes, did anybody else besides me think at first glance they had come across Audrey?
  2. Which led me to wonder: given Naido's inability to see, or communicate effectively - could Naido be a "vessel" within which Audrey's intelligence/spirit/soul resides - isolated, cut off from contact or perception with the rest of the world?

I initially wondered, but the figure was too young.  I'm guessing that she is going to be able to produce some sound or vibration that will open the white lodge door, bring Laura back to earth, or something like that. Actually the whole thing could go either way.

12 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I initially wondered, but the figure was too young.  I'm guessing that she is going to be able to produce some sound or vibration that will open the white lodge door, bring Laura back to earth, or something like that. Actually the whole thing could go either way.

Oh, my second thought was an immediate click- over to, "No that's not Audrey - maybe Audrey 25 years ago, but not now."  But it was that first fleeting impression which got me to wondering if there might be some association between Audrey (and her apparent inability to interface with the outside world) and this communication-challenged construct.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

No.  I thought it was either Audrey or possibly Josie. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Cherdee said:

It bugged the hell out of me that none of them gave the eyeless woman his jacket. She was naked, and it was apparently cool enough that they needed jackets.

1. In truth, they didn't have much more than a minute to process what they were looking at before the vortex started - and I expect the whole no-eyes thing stood out more than the butt-naked thing.
  2. Andy did put his jacket around her upon his return from meeting the Fireman; it was draped around her as he carried her.  The rest didn't even remember what had happened.
  • Love 4

Watching Ep3 now. After Naido dives/is ejected off the floating space tower, Cooper reenters the box and goes back to the room where they once were. American Girl (Rosette Pulaski) sits on a sofa in front of the fireplace. Cooper looks at her and then looks over again at the electrical transport system (or whatever it is on the wall) and, I presume, notices the number has changed from 15 to 3. (His room number at the Great Northern was 315.) American Girl raises her wrist to look at the watch. It says 2:52 PM. 

My takeaway is that the events in that room occurred on October 1 - and Naido got to the area near Jack Rabbit's palace at the time Briggs indicated in his note -- 2:53 PM. But that would also mean that Cooper transported to Las Vegas on the same date and time -- or did that portal he entered send him back in time because, I don't know, maybe it was the long way home? 

I don't even know if it means anything at all. Just an observation that might correlate to Naido's appearance.

The most I can say is that, in the past couple of episodes, this show has started to make semblance of sense. TP:TR reminds me of the old video game Myst., which was popular among some, and  whichI hated. Myst's puzzles had no logic. They were there because someone wanted them there, and you had to figure out the puzzle, but there wasn't a meaning behind what you had to do to solve it. That randomness irked the hell out of me.

That's how TP:TR feels most of the time. Every so often there is a breakthrough that links two things in a way that seems plausible. The rest of the time, there is no reason that anything looks, acts or behaves like it does. I need some kind of functional logic beyond it looks cool.

21 hours ago, Nashville said:

When our intrepid wilderness trekkers first happened upon Naido laying on the forest floor - until they rolled her over and we noted the lack of eyes, did anybody else besides me think at first glance they had come across Audrey?

Nope, I was sure it was Josie and only Josie.

17 hours ago, Nashville said:

In truth, they didn't have much more than a minute to process what they were looking at before the vortex started - and I expect the whole no-eyes thing stood out more than the butt-naked thing.

I agree, though like 95 percent of the characters on this show, no one remarked on anything in particular. They just looked at her, and at each other, and then at the vortex. For what seemed like a long time.  I don't need characters to say the obvious ("A-huh - look, no eyes!") but some sort of recognition, like 'What the hell?" or "Who is that, what's wrong with her?" or something would make more sense to me.

14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

My takeaway is that the events in that room occurred on October 1 - and Naido got to the area near Jack Rabbit's palace at the time Briggs indicated in his note -- 2:53 PM. But that would also mean that Cooper transported to Las Vegas on the same date and time -- or did that portal he entered send him back in time because, I don't know, maybe it was the long way home? 

I don't even know if it means anything at all. Just an observation that might correlate to Naido's appearance.

Anything could mean anything on this show. We won't know what it means until DL tells us, because there is no way to know beyond a few basic details that have now become obvious through consistent repetition.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Anything could mean anything on this show. We won't know what it means until DL tells us, because there is no way to know beyond a few basic details that have now become obvious through consistent repetition.

I was speculating -- which is allowed. Simmer down, dude.

24 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I was speculating -- which is allowed. Simmer down, dude.

I don't know why you think I'm not simmered (unsimmered? simmerless?).  I didn't mean anything except what I said ... with this show, there is no way to know what means anything, because meaning is defined by whatever DL says it is. Any logic is fruitless outside of his defined parameters, which is why I don't care much for this season. You may well be right in your speculation. Who am I to say? 

Edited by Ottis

The Truck You guy should have got the hell out of dodge before Sarah could put that face back on and bite his neck off.

Soon as she removed her face, in fact.

• Love 3

Thousands of women (and not a few men) were cheering Sarah Palmer doing to Truck Off dude what they've wanted to do to aggressive asshole bar/club guys since time began.  

Not that violence is the answer.

#TruckerLivesMatter

• Love 3

Naido and Sarah's off faceare the first solid manifestations of the lodges we've seen, right.?The arm was never really solid, tree branch arm. It seems like an important milestone  

Edited by Affogato