Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Hot Chocolate

So now that we know Android was taken over by Ryo's minion (the guy in the chair with the weird head/face gear) in this episode, does that mean that he was also controlling her in the final scene of the last episode, when she pointed the gun at Three? If so, that means our suspicions about Sarah were wrong. In any case, she certainly seemed to be helping Five regain control of Android and the ship.

Overall a pretty good episode, though I was slow in figuring out that Ryo on the Raza was a clone. I did know that his men were clones but for some reason kept thinking the real Ryo had come with them. At their final encounter I kept wondering why they didn't just "end it" by killing him before he left the ship, then realized--duh--why bother killing a clone.

• Love 2

LOVED this episode.

Six trying to get the colonists to compromise was good (And damn, Roger Cross looked great in this ep!) I also liked Ryo trying (and failing) to win over the colonists thanks to Six's intervention.

Of course Five saved the day. Loved her teaming up with Sarah. The tug-of-war over the Android made for great tension-filled scenes.

The Two/Ryo fight scene was epic. I still can't stand Ryo, though. 

Next week looks good.

• Love 9

Hmm, not the Two-centric episode I was hoping for, but still pretty good and she and Ryo did have an awesome fight scene as well!  Obviously, they probably had stunt doubles doing a lot of the dangerous stuff, but both Melissa On'Neil and Alex Mallari Jr. still did good with the stunts they did do.

So, Android actually was taken over by Sarah, but by Ryo's guy, and is forced to let Ryo and his men (or their clones, at least) onto the Raza, where he tries to reclaim the Blink drive.  Of course, even when he knew not to underestimate Five, he still wasn't prepared for the double-team between her and Sarah, but then again, even he couldn't see that coming!

Zoie Palmer did a great job with the "Evil Android" bits.

Poor Six is realizing that trying to get the separate colonists to work together is easier said then done!  Even Roger Cross' gravitas is no match for petty bickering and willingness to take the easy way out!  But did they ever explain who killed the one delegate?  I doubt it was anyone on the team (baring a major twist), so was it another delegate who doesn't want this to happen?

Liked the Two/Three bits like Three's "You're no longer going to complain about the arsenal I keep now, right?"  And for some reason, I got a kick out of them together playing cards before everyone got knocked out.  To think those two could barely stand one another at first.

Well, next week should be fun!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

But did they ever explain who killed the one delegate?  I doubt it was anyone on the team (baring a major twist), so was it another delegate who doesn't want this to happen?

Could it have been the evil Android, as controlled by Ryo's guy? Maybe Ryo figured that if he killed one, the others would be motivated by fear to accept his offer of joining the Autonomous League (and they did ultimately accept the offer, didn't they?). But I'm not sure that theory really makes sense.

Also, I  still don't understand why the Android was pointing a gun at the sleeping Three at the end of the last episode. If Android was being controlled by Ryo's guy at that point, why not just kill Three to make it easier to take over the Raza? But if Android was being controlled by Sarah, as others have speculated, when did that control switch from Sarah to Ryo's guy?  It's unclear how much time went by between the final scene of the last episode and the beginning of this one.

• Love 1

When Ryo sent his men out to capture the crew he said that he wanted them alive, so that's why he wouldn't have Android kill Three at the end of the previous episode.

• Love 6

It wasn't the Android who killed that delegate.  She had told 5 that even though she wasn't in control of herself she was aware of what she was doing and that she hadn't killed that delegate during that time.

• Love 9

I loved the  scene when Ryo returned to his room of swords and looked more than a little nostalgic.  His expressions were so subtle, and more human than he's been in a while. I thought they were going to kill his clone, but hoped not, so that he could remember that feeling. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize they were clones though. Guess I wasn't watching too closely at that point - it wasn't until Two asked Ryo how he got into their pods that the penny dropped.

I thought this was a really good episode, it kept me engaged the whole time. I initially thought the Android was being controlled somehow by Misaki (that'll teach me to watch the previouslies), but it was pretty clear it was Brent Spiner from Independence Day (not really, just who he looked like). I hope they let us know who he was at some point.

I kind of love that the Android's shut down word is hot chocolate - but also think that it's sad - how will Five ask her if she wants some hot chocolate? :)

• Love 10
(edited)

Out of all the cast, I think Zoie's been the best at portraying dual characters -- her Ryo-controlled self was scary as shit! Even her "Welcome, your Excellency" gave me the creeps.

It was particularly good since Android's personality is so precise and unemotional that Zoie didn't have a lot of leeway.

Fun episode!

Edited by 2727
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I kind of love that the Android's shut down word is hot chocolate - but also think that it's sad - how will Five ask her if she wants some hot chocolate? :)

I loved that, too (partly because hot chocolate is my favorite drink), but I'm sure they will change the shutdown word.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Six trying to get the colonists to compromise was good (And damn, Roger Cross looked great in this ep!) I also liked Ryo trying (and failing) to win over the colonists thanks to Six's intervention.

It was only a temporary respite. At the end, we learned that 14 colonies had agreed to join and that Ryo had attacked another world.

Fun episode. Loved the fight between 2 and Ryo. Still, hoping for a 2-centric episode. MO's due for one. 

Edited by Loandbehold
Question was already answered.
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Paloma said:

At their final encounter I kept wondering why they didn't just "end it" by killing him before he left the ship, then realized--duh--why bother killing a clone.

They want Ryo to remember that the Blink Drive is broken, probably beyond repair (maybe yes, maybe no...) that he will never defeat them and that next time he comes after them, they're coming after him.

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, Paloma said:

So now that we know Android was taken over by Ryo's minion (the guy in the chair with the weird head/face gear) in this episode, does that mean that he was also controlling her in the final scene of the last episode, when she pointed the gun at Three? If so, that means our suspicions about Sarah were wrong. In any case, she certainly seemed to be helping Five regain control of Android and the ship.

Overall a pretty good episode, though I was slow in figuring out that Ryo on the Raza was a clone. I did know that his men were clones but for some reason kept thinking the real Ryo had come with them. At their final encounter I kept wondering why they didn't just "end it" by killing him before he left the ship, then realized--duh--why bother killing a clone.

Sarah was not controlling the Android - that was classic DM misdirection.

Three shot Ryo's clone on the space station. Normally Ryo (nor his man hacking the Android) should know that since that clone didn't get to send its memories back, but I have the impression that Ryo and Boone were never particularly close and the relation between 4 and 3 (without most memories) was better. Maybe that played a part in the apparent desire to shoot three, before the hacker (on Ryo's orders?) decided not to do it.

Not killing Ryo means that he takes the memories of this confrontation to what may be their last encounter. I fear that the fall of the house of Ishida is near. A bit of a pity, because Ryo was interesting again in this episode, shades of Four shining through again (like his wistful encounter with his old room). His dealings with the leaders of the recently turned independent colonies were pretty clever.

From this episode, I would almost think reconciliation is still possible, but the glimpses of the future seem to indicate otherwise.

15 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hmm, not the Two-centric episode I was hoping for, but still pretty good and she and Ryo did have an awesome fight scene as well!  Obviously, they probably had stunt doubles doing a lot of the dangerous stuff, but both Melissa On'Neil and Alex Mallari Jr. still did good with the stunts they did do.

So, Android actually was taken over by Sarah, but by Ryo's guy, and is forced to let Ryo and his men (or their clones, at least) onto the Raza, where he tries to reclaim the Blink drive.  Of course, even when he knew not to underestimate Five, he still wasn't prepared for the double-team between her and Sarah, but then again, even he couldn't see that coming!

Zoie Palmer did a great job with the "Evil Android" bits.

Poor Six is realizing that trying to get the separate colonists to work together is easier said then done!  Even Roger Cross' gravitas is no match for petty bickering and willingness to take the easy way out!  But did they ever explain who killed the one delegate?  I doubt it was anyone on the team (baring a major twist), so was it another delegate who doesn't want this to happen?

Liked the Two/Three bits like Three's "You're no longer going to complain about the arsenal I keep now, right?"  And for some reason, I got a kick out of them together playing cards before everyone got knocked out.  To think those two could barely stand one another at first.

Well, next week should be fun!

I was also expecting a more two-centric episode, instead it was once more five (and Sarah, surprisingly) who saved the day. Having said that, I'm expecting two to be the centerpiece in (coming) episodes 10 and 11.

Four indeed didn't underestimate the crew and got the better of them - but he didn't know about Sarah. I wonder if Mallozzi was thinking that far ahead, all the way from mid-season 1, or if he got the idea to use Sarah for this later.

Next weeks episode could be lot of fun, potentially.

17 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

LOVED this episode.

It was a very entertaining episode, loved the suspense when the systems started to go out.

Ryo actually did win over quite a few of the colonist. 12 of the colonies decided to join the league of autonomous worlds on Ryo's recommendation, shortly afterwards. As a result, Ryo could stop Pyr's allies in this league (of which, ironically, both Pyr and Zairon are members) from imposing a cease-fire while Pyr is holding half of Zairon's territory.

It was made clear that Ryo wasn't behind the murder of that one delegate, so most likely it was one of the other three. It would be impossible to figure out unless this gets revisited, though.

Edited by Wouter
  • Love 1

I thought is was a great episode. Lots of suspense. They continued to build on the politics of the universe. Unanswered questions. Humor (Two looks at Carbonite Assassin, "We need to get that fixed.") And an epic fight scene. 

16 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I still can't stand Ryo, though. 

Alex does such a good job at portraying a calm, cool, rational egotistical asshole.

• Love 7

"I wonder if Mallozzi was thinking that far ahead, all the way from mid-season 1, or if he got the idea to use Sarah for this later."

I had years to develop the show and the individual character backstories and arcs while working Stargate so, yes, much is seeded early through subtle hints that pay off much later down the line (hopefully with the full five seasons I have planned).  In the case of Sarah, check out the end of Episode 9 (season 1).  After Sarah has been declared lost, we go to a quick scene of FIVE looking down at the stasis pod, furrowing her brow and cocking her head as though getting a thought.  It's a throw away scene that is quickly forgotten - until this season when Sarah makes her return.  There is (will be) a lot of that throughout the series run.

• Love 22
31 minutes ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

"I wonder if Mallozzi was thinking that far ahead, all the way from mid-season 1, or if he got the idea to use Sarah for this later."

I had years to develop the show and the individual character backstories and arcs while working Stargate so, yes, much is seeded early through subtle hints that pay off much later down the line (hopefully with the full five seasons I have planned).  In the case of Sarah, check out the end of Episode 9 (season 1).  After Sarah has been declared lost, we go to a quick scene of FIVE looking down at the stasis pod, furrowing her brow and cocking her head as though getting a thought.  It's a throw away scene that is quickly forgotten - until this season when Sarah makes her return.  There is (will be) a lot of that throughout the series run.

Did you specifially plan to use her to thwart an attempt to take over the Android, though? Or is that an idea that comes to you (or your fellow writers) when breaking and/or writing this particular episode?

A visit by the series creator is much appreciated. Few are willing to interact so much with the fans, allthough granted, the relatively small Dark Matter "community" doesn't have the toxic atmosphere that is present in some fandoms of other entertainment properties.

I sincerely hope the show gets the green light for season 4.

• Love 9

And now I'm reluctant to b*tch away! Not that I had intended to do so *cough*

Man, Six better stays on the Raza because his attempts at diplomacy just got Ryo a couple of allies that tipped (temporarily) the balance in his favor. Also: Ryo was really a cunning bastard in this episode - without his two top advisors present. Maybe it's time to ditch those two for good? Just a thought. But I agree Mallari was great in this episode - especially in the scene where he wistfully studies his swords rack.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Wouter said:

And 5!  :-)

3 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I agree Mallari was great in this episode - especially in the scene where he wistfully studies his swords rack.

I was appreciating him while watching the After Show; he has such a great smile which he almost never gets to use in the show. 

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hmm, not the Two-centric episode I was hoping for

You deceived me, thuganomics!  How could you?  That fight scene was great though, but the editing between parts 1 and 2 was strange. Two was down and Ryo pulled over a hook/chain and then we left them, but when we came back, Two popped up again -- offscreen. I would have to have seen her regain the upper hand.

I want my favourite duo back together again. That Fall needs to happen soon so Ryo can come back to his senses.

23 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Of course Five saved the day.

Of course.  I did like that Two figured out all on her own that Android was the culprit.

I'm conflicted about Sarah not being evil.  Heh.

Edited by DEM
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

WOOOOT!!!!  Always great to see a PTB here in the forums.  And very cool planning ahead!

7 hours ago, Wouter said:

I fear that the fall of the house of Ishida is near.

I hope the fall of the House of Isher Usher Ishida is near.  Sorry (notSorry) Mr Mallozzi, but "Japan is Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!!!!" is the weakest part of this show (now, had it been done with Muppets...)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Wouter said:

Did you specifially plan to use her to thwart an attempt to take over the Android, though? Or is that an idea that comes to you (or your fellow writers) when breaking and/or writing this particular episode?

A visit by the series creator is much appreciated. Few are willing to interact so much with the fans, allthough granted, the relatively small Dark Matter "community" doesn't have the toxic atmosphere that is present in some fandoms of other entertainment properties.

I had an idea for a "The Android gets hacked" story ages ago and knew I wanted Sarah, as a ghost in the machine, to play a crucial role in helping to turn the tables.  At this time, I didn't know the specifics of the episode but did have those two general notions in mind.

And thanks.  Yep, impatiently awaiting news on a fourth season...

5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

And now I'm reluctant to b*tch away! Not that I had intended to do so *cough*

Man, Six better stays on the Raza because his attempts at diplomacy just got Ryo a couple of allies that tipped (temporarily) the balance in his favor. Also: Ryo was really a cunning bastard in this episode - without his two top advisors present. Maybe it's time to ditch those two for good? Just a thought. But I agree Mallari was great in this episode - especially in the scene where he wistfully studies his swords rack.

Yeah, I agree.  Alex has been terrific this season, delivering his best performance of all three seasons.  

P.S. Bitch away.  

33 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

WOOOOT!!!!  Always great to see a PTB here in the forums.  And very cool planning ahead!

I hope the fall of the House of Isher Usher Ishida is near.  Sorry (notSorry) Mr Mallozzi, but "Japan is Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!!!!" is the weakest part of this show (now, had it been done with Muppets...)

Things come to a head for Ryo/Misaki/Teku and Zairon very soon.  

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

Ah, the infamous 'blink and you'll miss it'-moments I love so much about this show. I admit I missed that one so thanks for pointing it out.

8 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

P.S. Bitch away. 

It's one of my favorite summer shows - so how could I?!? The only thing I hope gets clarified about this episode is how the Android got hacked. I'm very concerned that the rest of the crew gets a bit paranoid of her leaving the ship now. And I love her little shopping trips so much (even if we never get to see them) that I can't bear the thought! (And now I'm getting all paranoid about having missed any hints about the hack prior to this episode!)

*keeps fingers crossed for renewal*

• Love 4
4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

The only thing I hope gets clarified about this episode is how the Android got hacked. I'm very concerned that the rest of the crew gets a bit paranoid of her leaving the ship now.

Even if we don't see it, I've convinced myself that Five and Android have installed new safeguards. I rely on Android's unswerving loyalty through ever-shifting seas!

• Love 2

I'm glad I was wrong about Sarah taking over the Android. I liked her in Three's memories but being a consciousness living in a machine is sure to affect her and the crew still need to take some precautions. Clearly the technology exists to allow people to send their consciousness into androids so they should get her an Android body.

Roy was less annoying this episode. He seems more like Four when he's back on the Raza. I'm glad he and Two were able to talk about Nix's death and that she believed him when he said he didn't kill her. I don't think Ryo can come back from the things he's done though. He can't be Four again.

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, snowwhyte said:

I'm glad I was wrong about Sarah taking over the Android. I liked her in Three's memories but being a consciousness living in a machine is sure to affect her and the crew still need to take some precautions. Clearly the technology exists to allow people to send their consciousness into androids so they should get her an Android body.

Roy was less annoying this episode. He seems more like Four when he's back on the Raza. I'm glad he and Two were able to talk about Nix's death and that she believed him when he said he didn't kill her. I don't think Ryo can come back from the things he's done though. He can't be Four again.

I thought it was interesting that he said he was betrayed too. Since he seemingly accepted Misaki's reasoning, I thought he was more or less over it. I'm all for his feelings being stirred up again - both regarding Nyx and the nostalgic moment in the sword room.

I'd love if he'd lose his memories again. Maybe not all of them, but just enough to back him off of the tyrant he's become. And in the Fall of the House of Ishida, return to his old crew.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3

Sooo originally I thought when Android held a gun to sleeping Three's head, she was being controlled by Ryo. Because remember there was a scene with Three worrying about why Four was avoiding him after Four got his memories back? He seemed to believe Ryo knew something very bad about Three. Bad enough to kill him?

But now I believe it was Sarah. I think she was contemplating having him join her forever in computer-world, and she knew he would never do that while still living. She probably has access to his stored consciousness right? Or am I misremembering, because I believe there was a line in this episode where Two says all their stored consciousness's were deleted--which I dont remember when that happened. Anyway, I think Sarah found the security loophole just like Ryo's henchman did, knew Android would create defenses, so when Android was vulnerable she "helped" by getting that security key from Android/Five to take over Android's body. Who knows what else she did when "locking out" the henchman? She could have set herself up with her own loophole....

I mean from day 1 of realizing Sarah's mind was in the computer, I've wondered why no one bothered to think they could download her into an android. The technology seems to be there, why is everyone ok letting her live in computer isolation? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mirrorrim said:

Sooo originally I thought when Android held a gun to sleeping Three's head, she was being controlled by Ryo. Because remember there was a scene with Three worrying about why Four was avoiding him after Four got his memories back? He seemed to believe Ryo knew something very bad about Three. Bad enough to kill him?

But now I believe it was Sarah. I think she was contemplating having him join her forever in computer-world, and she knew he would never do that while still living. She probably has access to his stored consciousness right? Or am I misremembering, because I believe there was a line in this episode where Two says all their stored consciousness's were deleted--which I dont remember when that happened. Anyway, I think Sarah found the security loophole just like Ryo's henchman did, knew Android would create defenses, so when Android was vulnerable she "helped" by getting that security key from Android/Five to take over Android's body. Who knows what else she did when "locking out" the henchman? She could have set herself up with her own loophole....

I mean from day 1 of realizing Sarah's mind was in the computer, I've wondered why no one bothered to think they could download her into an android. The technology seems to be there, why is everyone ok letting her live in computer isolation? 

My take is that the technology is on the cusp of being there, but not quite. Yes, the guy got access to her mind and controlled her, but he wasn't fully in her body. I do think that ultimately this will happen, that Sara is put in an Android body, and I think that upgrade chip the Android has will be the key to connect flesh (well, mind) and tech.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

I had an idea for a "The Android gets hacked" story ages ago and knew I wanted Sarah, as a ghost in the machine, to play a crucial role in helping to turn the tables.  At this time, I didn't know the specifics of the episode but did have those two general notions in mind.

It worked very well; it allowed Ryo to be competent and yet fail at the same time, without the need for a deus ex machina. Well done.

The consistency in Dark Matter is one of its strongest points, along with the chemistry of the characters. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Ah, the infamous 'blink and you'll miss it'-moments I love so much about this show. I admit I missed that one so thanks for pointing it out.

It's one of my favorite summer shows - so how could I?!? The only thing I hope gets clarified about this episode is how the Android got hacked. I'm very concerned that the rest of the crew gets a bit paranoid of her leaving the ship now. And I love her little shopping trips so much (even if we never get to see them) that I can't bear the thought! (And now I'm getting all paranoid about having missed any hints about the hack prior to this episode!)

*keeps fingers crossed for renewal*

There is an instant in the script where FIVE is with Sarah and discovers: "I traced the intrusion. Here. They targeted her while we were upgrading ship's systems on Castor-5, exploiting a section of code in the illegal upgrade."  I couldn't find the scene while reviewing the episode and wondering if the other producer snipped it without my realizing.

3 hours ago, Wouter said:

It worked very well; it allowed Ryo to be competent and yet fail at the same time, without the need for a deus ex machina. Well done.

The consistency in Dark Matter is one of its strongest points, along with the chemistry of the characters. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

My take is that the technology is on the cusp of being there, but not quite. Yes, the guy got access to her mind and controlled her, but he wasn't fully in her body. I do think that ultimately this will happen, that Sara is put in an Android body, and I think that upgrade chip the Android has will be the key to connect flesh (well, mind) and tech.

Theoretically, it's possible but technically?  You would require an expert in neurorobotics who would have access to a lab capable of creating, not only an android, but an android based on Sarah's exact physical parameters.  A tall order.

3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I thought it was interesting that he said he was betrayed too. Since he seemingly accepted Misaki's reasoning, I thought he was more or less over it. I'm all for his feelings being stirred up again - both regarding Nyx and the nostalgic moment in the sword room.

I'd love if he'd lose his memories again. Maybe not all of them, but just enough to back him off of the tyrant he's become. And in the Fall of the House of Ishida, return to his old crew.

Who knows what the future holds...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

Who knows what the future holds...

Well, who went and created such a compelling crew that viewers want them all together, again and forever? Some of us still mourn the loss of One. ;-)

• Love 7
(edited)

I mean we have androids that can be human, faster than light travel, heck a blink drive, and people's minds loaded into a computer...yeah, I'm not seeing how putting a mind into an android is that hard in this world. "Dumb" androids are for sale and if there was a moral issue I'm sure they could find a shell of one. And who says it has to look like sarah? 

Edit: Haha just realized I'm disagreeing with the creator :) oh well I still want it to be possible! !

Edited by mirrorrim
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

Sarah's exact physical parameters.  

I know a number of people who wouldn't mind taking the measurements..  (I'm more of a Melanie Libured / Ayisha Issa fan, myself).

Please bring Solara back!!!  There are so VERY few Black women in sf/f and she was GREAT!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, Joseph Mallozzi said:

Its so nice to see you here! Its so great to see a series creator come by to chat with the fans, it means a lot to us! Our Dark Matter community is rather small, but we have fun :)

Great episode this week, this whole season has been on fire, with lots of great character dynamics with a big, epic plot going on as well. There were a lot of great moments this week, like the Two/Ryo fight, Sarah helping Five save the day, and Six realizing that the revolution can be a real pain in the ass to deal with, on a practical level. I think my favorite scene though was when the Ryo clone went into the sword room where Four used to hang out, and he messes with the sword a bit, with a nostalgic look on his face. He said so much, without saying a word. I do wonder how much of Four is still alive somewhere in Ryo, buried deep down. I love how the Ryo plot has given Alex so much range to play with, but I REALLY miss Four and his dynamic with the rest of the team.

I don't know why, but I also really liked the scene where Two put her gun on Three and asked for his name, to see if he answers Three or Boone. I like when they note the distinctions between the characters in their pre and post memory wipe selves. Or maybe I'm just such a sucker for Two/Three scenes, I love the friendship they've built up. I really got a kick out of them playing cards together at the end, like when the whole gang was eating fries. It makes the world seem so lived in, and the characters more realistic. They have each others backs in big life or death situations, but we also see them hanging out in their down time and just enjoying each others company, and I love that.

I've been suspicious of Sarah, but now that she's helped everyone out, maybe she really is on the up and up? I'm still not sure where that's all going, but I'm interested in seeing it.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, mirrorrim said:

I mean we have androids that can be human, faster than light travel, heck a blink drive, and people's minds loaded into a computer...yeah, I'm not seeing how putting a mind into an android is that hard in this world. "Dumb" androids are for sale and if there was a moral issue I'm sure they could find a shell of one. And who says it has to look like sarah? 

Edit: Haha just realized I'm disagreeing with the creator :) oh well I still want it to be possible! !

Oh, I didn't say it wasn't possible...

5 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I know a number of people who wouldn't mind taking the measurements..  (I'm more of a Melanie Libured / Ayisha Issa fan, myself).

Please bring Solara back!!!  There are so VERY few Black women in sf/f and she was GREAT!!!

I'm a big Solara/Ayisha fan.  If we get a fourth season, she'll be back.

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Its so nice to see you here! Its so great to see a series creator come by to chat with the fans, it means a lot to us! Our Dark Matter community is rather small, but we have fun :)

Great episode this week, this whole season has been on fire, with lots of great character dynamics with a big, epic plot going on as well. There were a lot of great moments this week, like the Two/Ryo fight, Sarah helping Five save the day, and Six realizing that the revolution can be a real pain in the ass to deal with, on a practical level. I think my favorite scene though was when the Ryo clone went into the sword room where Four used to hang out, and he messes with the sword a bit, with a nostalgic look on his face. He said so much, without saying a word. I do wonder how much of Four is still alive somewhere in Ryo, buried deep down. I love how the Ryo plot has given Alex so much range to play with, but I REALLY miss Four and his dynamic with the rest of the team.

I don't know why, but I also really liked the scene where Two put her gun on Three and asked for his name, to see if he answers Three or Boone. I like when they note the distinctions between the characters in their pre and post memory wipe selves. Or maybe I'm just such a sucker for Two/Three scenes, I love the friendship they've built up. I really got a kick out of them playing cards together at the end, like when the whole gang was eating fries. It makes the world seem so lived in, and the characters more realistic. They have each others backs in big life or death situations, but we also see them hanging out in their down time and just enjoying each others company, and I love that.

I've been suspicious of Sarah, but now that she's helped everyone out, maybe she really is on the up and up? I'm still not sure where that's all going, but I'm interested in seeing it.

Yeah, the small character-centered scenes are always my favorite.  There are a lot of those in Episode 310, "Built, Not Born".  It's our "feeliest" episode yet!

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

There is an instant in the script where FIVE is with Sarah and discovers: "I traced the intrusion. Here. They targeted her while we were upgrading ship's systems on Castor-5, exploiting a section of code in the illegal upgrade."  I couldn't find the scene while reviewing the episode and wondering if the other producer snipped it without my realizing.

I checked back and it looks as if it ended up on the cutting-room floor. Thanks for the explanation. Dodgy upgrades are the worst!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Joseph Mallozzi said:

Theoretically, it's possible but technically?  You would require an expert in neurorobotics who would have access to a lab capable of creating, not only an android, but an android based on Sarah's exact physical parameters.  A tall order.

This. Downloading Sarah into an android would in effect be "Dr Who-ing" the actress who currently plays Sarah. Unless they "happen to find" an android that looks exactly like the old Sarah.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

... Six realizing that the revolution can be a real pain in the ass to deal with, on a practical level.

I may or may not have recognized some of my own intractable political moaning in those PITAsses.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

It's also nice that the show remembers that the characters should, at this point, fear that their alter egos somehow got onboard. There's always the temptation to write as if they already would know it was Ryo.

8 minutes ago, Eulipian 5k said:

So Three gives them a choice of weapons  and NOBODY took Ryo's Samurai sword!!!?

Not even Ryo himself. 

• Love 4

Nice to see the creator here. I've heard that some have shown up in forums before but never for a show I watch. 

Loved this episode, it had a little bit of everything. Two and Three's friendship, Six doing his thing, Android being awesome( seriously, Zoie Palmer is so good) , and even Ryo didn't annoy me this week. 

• Love 6