Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Ghost in This House

Well, that was, um, a "very special episode" of Nashville. I guess Scarlett and Avery took their power back or something.

Boo on suddenly jealous paranoid Will. But if it gets him out of that unconvincing relationship, that's cool. 

WTF with all the ballyhoo over how amazingly attractive Scarlett and Gunner are? I mean, sure they are fine looking people, but you can dial it back a little show.

And finally, Jonathon Jackson did NOT cry during his very special talk with Juliette. I kept waiting for little Avery tears, but no. I was shocked! 

• Love 7

What was with that commercial? Obviously Bud payed for the product placement, but it looked like that's a real commercial.

Deacon's already got a new lady friend lined up. 

Good for Avery for going on the tour. It will be interesting to see how their marriage handles it.

Could care less about Scarlett's issues with fans. 

• Love 2

Not sure I've ever posted here. Bullet points type thoughts:

I'm proud of Avery. Don't let Miss I can tour but you can't guilt trip you. 

Chris M is chiseled from stone, I have missed that face of his. More commercial and Will performance/friend interaction, less Zach. 

Scarlett and Gunner. Perform only, less all that  <points at the whole of them>

I liked Deacon tonight. He had humor and charm and the sadness just below the surface balanced just right for me.

Maddie and Daphne were used appropriately (even as previews for next week look to rectify that). 

Not enough music for a show about musicians. 

• Love 4

I liked whatshername's--Jessie?--- final song, Learning How to Lose You. She and Rachel Bilson are both a little young for Deacon--it'd be nice if one of his future romantic prospect was actually closer to 50 than 30, as Connie Britton was, as he is--but I sure get why, as Bilson's character said, he'd be catnip to a lot of women.

Yay, Avery. Tho this is going to send Juliette on a jealousy fueled rage, and she'll probably torpedo their relationship by drugging or fucking around yet again. Then again...I used to be really pro Juliette/Avery, but he really deserves better.

Yeah, still don't care about Scarlett at all.

Wondering if Budweiser is going to run that Will commercial in real time. Might as well. He also deserves better than Zach. I don't even know what that whole 'hey, okay, i'll break up with this guy now that you've caught me even tho we've been together for months now' thing is supposed to be about, except that Zach is creepy.

• Love 5

The commercial was hilarious!  Bud should use it. I wish there was more interaction between the friends at the screening, it would have been fun to watch!

And cheers to Maddie and Daphne only being used to further Deacon's plot line. In small doses, they can be like able.

• Love 1

I read somewhere that the Budweiser commercial was just for the show, that there were no plans to run it in real life.  Which is too bad, because it was fun.

I felt sad for Deacon.  Has to be hard trying to just get through the days without breaking down sometimes and then he gets that awkward little lecture from Alyssa and then he totally embarrasses himself with his phone call to Jessie.  Poor guy.  He really isn't ready yet.  I agree with the idea of Deacon and a woman closer to his age.  Eventually.  Not right now.  Although I feel like in the context of a TV show, we should expect that it will happen sooner than the rest of us will be ready for it.

I would love to have gotten the whole conversation between Deacon and Jessie, just to see some of Deacon's emotions and feelings in the weeks and months since Rayna died, or at least more of his side.

• Love 1

Well done, Avery. And Juliette was still huffy about it. I loved them together but I'm reaching my limit. Where did Scarlett find all these teenage girls for impromptu group therapy, and how is it okay they she invited a gossip columnist to listen in to everyone's greatest shames?

• Love 6

I thought Avery's announcement to Juliette was a little abrupt.  The viewers knew that he had been offered this opportunity a few weeks ago, but he had deliberately not told Juliette.  To her, this came from out of the blue and I don't blame her for being shocked and emotional.  This is the first time she will have spent real time with Cadence without having someone with her constantly and while we haven't seen her have a black out or dizzy spell, it doesn't mean that it can't happen.  I believe Avery should go, of course, I just don't blame for Juliette for being unsure about it.  As far as their relationship goes, it seems that she and Avery have no more idea about their status than the viewers do. 

I feel like Will and Zack are saying I Love You way too early.  Maybe it's because I'm older or not an artist, but I have a stronger sense of self-protection than Will does.  Zack is a billionaire who can lose interest in a business venture at any time and decide that his special talents are now needed in Southeast Asia and can be gone in a moment.  It's only been a few weeks and these people are not 21.  I now need to go chase some kids off my lawn!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, seewillrun said:

I feel like Will and Zack are saying I Love You way too early.  Maybe it's because I'm older or not an artist, but I have a stronger sense of self-protection than Will does.  Zack is a billionaire who can lose interest in a business venture at any time and decide that his special talents are now needed in Southeast Asia and can be gone in a moment.  It's only been a few weeks and these people are not 21.  I now need to go chase some kids off my lawn!

Hey you're not the only one who felt that way. What concerns me is the ex-boyfriend. A person like that could get nasty and stalky real quick. Maybe I've seen Fatal Attraction a few too many times but Will could be the guy the ex takes it out on.

As for Avery....you go boy!!

I was really glad that Avery finally decided to do something for himself, but I also think Juliette was right in that he was punishing her for the Halley thing. He just totally sprung the tour on her. If he wanted more support, he should've talked to her about these issues first -- how he hasn't done anything for himself for a long time, how there's an opportunity for a tour, how much he wants to perform, etc. But to just spring it on Juliette, fait accompli, was pretty unfair. I don't blame her for being mad and upset. On the other hand, she needs to apologize and admit she was wrong about Halley. And does it bug anyone else that we didn't see Avery tell Halley he wasn't going to be her producer? Or that we didn't see his manager tell him about the other tour? I think we would've seen all of that in previous seasons. Now it seems like we just hear about them.

I thought the commercial was great and very believable.

WTF with the Rachel Bilson martini scene!? I can understand not being 100% well-versed in country music. But geez, not knowing the (major) musician who's basically in charge of the label is a recovering alcoholic? How do you not educate yourself on the basics of the company you're working for? And secondly, her comments about women throwing themselves at Deacon were horribly rude, IMO. She has no idea if Jessie's involvement with the label was legitimate or not. But to make the worst assumption and potentially screw up a major artist signing? The writing just made no sense whatsoever in that scene.

I did think her scene with Scarlett was better, though I wonder if some dialogue about the possible political ramifications of benefitting a women's clinic or healthcare in general were edited out.

Also wish that Juliette would have apologized and realized that Avery's romantic involvement with Hallie was just a figment of her imagination - but that Avery would have gone on tour anyway. This plot point with Juliette feels like a major step backwards and out of left field.

Back to Jessie - I don't want Deacon to move on too quickly, but I did like his coffee shop scene with Jessie - maybe because it came off entirely as two wounded souls who each needs an understanding friend. I don't see that she has any interest in him whatsoever, and that's working.

• Love 3
On July 7, 2017 at 2:16 AM, Lyinfait said:

Scarlett and Gunner. Perform only, less all that  <points at the whole of them>

Yes! I have no interest in them having a relationship (he can do so much better) but they do sound great together.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, Moxie Cat said:

WTF with the Rachel Bilson martini scene!? I can understand not being 100% well-versed in country music. But geez, not knowing the (major) musician who's basically in charge of the label is a recovering alcoholic?

I thought the exact same thing! Isn't Deacon being a recovering alcoholic a pretty well known thing? Especially for someone working with him? Her whole conversation with Deacon was super awkward in general. Like, why is she telling him how he's catnip to women? His wife died just a little while ago, give him a break! I mean, she isn't wrong (Deacon really is catnip for chicks of all ages) but still. Its WAY too soon for Deacon to get into another relationship. He has enough on his plate suddenly being a single dad to two teenaged girls and trying to run a business, while also dealing with this enormous loss.

I liked Jessie's song at the end. I don't know if I like Jessie very much, but she does have a nice voice.

That commercial really did look like a real commercial, and I liked it! Will is quite charismatic, and I can see how he could use that to build up a brand. I can also see how Will can kind of bridge a gap between his LGBT fans and his straight, more "average" country fans. He`s out and proud now, but he's also very much an "aw shucks" country boy who likes his beer and his football, and I can see advertisers jumping all over that kind of multi-demographic appeal. I don't really blame him for being jealous and insecure, and while he and his mogle bf are pretty solid usually, I don't see this ending well. I kind of want to see Will play the field a bit before settling down. But, on the other hand, he seems like a relationship guy, so if that works, it works. I just hope the ex doesn't turn into a psycho stalker. We have had ENOUGH of those.

Take the tour Avery! Take it right now!

Honestly, does Scarlett EVER smile? Even before all this baby shit, she was the saddest person on the planet, its hard to believe she has so many fans who love her this much.

• Love 3

CMT started a Twitter war yesterday, asking what fans thought about something happening between Deacon and Jessie.  Lord, have mercy, you would have thought that CMT was burning Rayna in effigy.  I thought one of the best lines was "it's way too early, don't turn this into a soap".  Excuse me, but how is this not a soap?  Hidden children, two week marriages, leaving someone at the altar (x 2), momma killing your blackmailer, last minute organ donation by an estranged sister, and so on and so forth.

I hope they don't have Deacon and Jessie jumping in bed in the next couple of weeks.  A relationship based on friendship where they connected because of where they both were emotionally would be a pleasure to watch.  But Deacon does usually fall in bed with his lady friends.  I do think that a relationship where they were more equal would be interesting.  With Rayna, she was always in charge, and he always felt not good enough for her because of his addictions.  I'd like to watch a relationship where both parties had a relatively clean slate with each other.

• Love 3