Type keyword(s) to search

S06: Courtney Act

• Start Topic

I loved how in the photo shoot, she flipped instantly from looking sensual and sexy to running around and having goofy fun as soon as the pillows hit. I like a drag queen that doesn't take herself too seriously to have fun.

• Love 1

I wasn't impressed with her. She doesn't come off nearly as fishy as she seems to think. She's got great legs but her face has some sharp angles and other than the legs the body still reads boy to me. That said she can work as runway and I was impressed with her performance in the musical.

• Love 1

I love this Queen. It has only a little to do with the fact that she's beautiful, more that she's talented and so damn sweet.  Her comments to Darienne and Adore about their body issues were the best thing I've heard and ages. 

Yeah, Caught-ne, just doesn't do it for me.  She can't sew for criminey's sakes!  That's why she showed up in a dang duvet and then opened it to "yawn" another dang bikini or some such.  I love her in confessional, and she is pretty fabulous, but she doesn't bring it like the others can.  It's like Survivor "bitch, if you don't learn to start fire before going, don't!"  

For those in the know (are there any Australians around here?):

What is Courtney a household name for? Anything beyond singing? Is it that dead-eyed, bizarre arm movement dance she does in the intro to Untucked? Does she have another hidden talent? Because if it's just singing and looking pretty, I expect she's on her way out.

I do really like that arm dance, though. I would pay her to do it at parties.

• Love 1

Courtney is the most fishy queen to be on RPDR since Willam, but in a bikini, her body is much too boxy and boyish, unlike say, Carmen Carrera who was curvy and much more feminine. I see Courtney resting on pretty and then leaving somewhere around the Top 5, just like Willam before her.

• Love 1
Carmen Carrera who was curvy and much more feminine.

Carmen Carrera claims to have been transitioning for six months when Drag Race started to air. I'd venture to guess she's cheating the dates a little bit and was transitioning while on the show. For that reason, I don't think Carmen is a fair comparison. In any event, I agree that Courtney has a box body and should avoid bikini-esque looks.

I see Courtney making the Top Three

(or the rumored Top Four this season)

. I think she'll come harder now that she's received a warning and will rise in the back half of the season. Having seen her on Transfahionable and I Will Survive, I think she's far too warm, charismatic and genuinely helpful to not do well in the makeover challenge. Also, depending on whether the Ball challenge is all make your own (Season 3), or make one out of the 4 looks (Seasons 1, 2, 4, 5), she certainly has the closet and the ability to turn a look. This is something Adore and Joslyn, who I also love and want to make it far, can't do quite as well.

I think she'll come harder now that she's received a warning and will rise in the back half of the season.

This is what I see happening, too. I've seen a lot of people suspecting that she has been deliberately reigning it in a bit for challenges she couldn't excel in, since Ru loves to see her queens grow. I think that singling her out like that was essentially Ru's way of telling her that it's time to step it up now.

With her level of professionalism and intelligence, I just can't imagine her actually doing badly. 

(edited)

I sure hope Courtney has more to show than a gorgeous woman's face on a man's body. It's a lean and attractive young man's body to be sure but the picture of her in that blue bikini was more gender-fuck than any queen I've ever seen on this show. She looked great in that gold dress in the opener, she should really stay clothed.

Edited by thewhiteowl

Have to say. Courtney rose several levels in my estimation simply by pulling Ru aside and asking for specific feedback about why she wasn't  hitting the mark for the judges yet.
She called herself "Stepford-y" -impressed the hell out of me. No lie.

• Love 1

I agree, I feel like she's become pretty boring but asking for specific feedback was a good idea. Shows initiative, willingness to learn, and acceptance that improvement is needed. I thought she did very well during the talk show challenge. Maybe she will start to have more of a personality soon.

I guess I'm the only one that read Courtney's request for advice in the workroom as fake-ity fake fake.

When the season opened I was prepared to like her, but the season has painted a less than stunning portrait of her personality. Instead of the smart, savvy queen I expected, she's reminded me time and again of her conceited and blasé attitude. In my opinion, She doesn't have enough Camp. Outside of the last two runways, she hasn't given me much to appreciate about her drag aesthetic, which revolves around fishiness, at the consequence of Camp. And she does great stage makeup, but she doesn't do drag makeup. 

When she's Courtney, she's never a "woman," she's always a woman.

• Love 1

I guess I'm the only one that read Courtney's request for advice in the workroom as fake-ity fake fake.

Agreed. It seemed like an attempt to create her own story arc.

And she does great stage makeup, but she doesn't do drag makeup.

And this as well. Most of the time she seems to be auditioning for an Ivory soap commercial.

Courtney was just on Dancing with the Stars Australia, which was fabulous and I highly recommend it! Loved her so much on DWTS that I tracked her down in Season 6 of RuPaul's Drag Race. Surprisingly, I didn't like her much at all on Drag Race. It seems her personality has come a long way in the time in between. 

Still loved watching this season of Drag Race, though. Had never seen it before and it was a total delight and often hilarious.