Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Season Premiere (Part 2)

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, bc1795 said:

I don't mind Cody... at this point  -- steely- eyed yes  but at least he's not jumping over chairs, pushing his dick in into everyone's faces, but if he starts to creep me out,  I'll just remember Frankie Grande,  that sparkly turd who made me reach for the mute button more times than not. 

Couldn't you just imagine Frankie Grande and Cody in the same house????  OMG hahhaeeee

PS:  I can't stand Cody.  His beautiful people are more worthy than ones he doesn't seem to feel are attractive is just disgusting.  Seriously, I don't think Cody is all that attractive.

Edited by gigiann
  • Love 5

I finally realized who Elena resembles to me...she looks remarkably like the actress Busy Philips, IMO.

I never know what to say about this show. First impressions fall by the wayside so quickly. I'm not really big on anyone right now, but I do kind of connect with Christmas. Something about her seems very genuine so I'm looking forward to watching her. I also grew to love Paul during his season, so I'm not unhappy to see him back.

1 hour ago, TroopinFairy said:

Are all of the challenges going to involve apples? That could get boring and repetitive real fast.

I agree with this. There are other symbols of temptation, Big Brother, haha.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There's probably information on it that he doesn't want to get out because of identity theft. However, seems to me an easier solution would be for him just not to wear it on camera. Perhaps it's become a talisman of sorts for him and he never takes it off even though he's no longer active duty military.

His Social Security Number is on it.  He is not in the military right now or reporting for duty...so why wear it?

In the first episode, I wasn't sure whether Cody was just the strong silent type or a complete jerk. In this episode, he opened his mouth and removed all doubt. I really hope the other 2 bro dudes aren't complete asses too.

• Love 1

His Social Security Number is on it. 

That's what I wasn't sure of. I didn't think the military services still put the SSN on dogtags because of identity theft. (Per quick googling, the US Army stopped putting SSNs on their dogtags a few years ago but presumably the other services still use it.)

He is not in the military right now or reporting for duty...so why wear it?

Some ex-military like to wear them because of pride of service; because they think it makes them look extra macho; because it attracts the kind of person who's impressed by that sort of thing; because they regard it as a protective symbol; etc.. I can imagine Cody hits at least a couple of those reasons.

• Love 1

Paul gets the first confessional

Paul gets to narrate the competition.

Paul gets to play for HOH

Does anyone know the name of the website that tracks just how many confessionals a Houseguests gets per episode. I like to see just how much they are going to shove this camera whore down our throats.

Some notes:
Joshua is one one way trip to self destruction...what? It's been a day in the house and he's acting like his family got sent to Auschwitz...never to be seen again? You'll see the very, very soon I guaranteee.

How did Megan go toe to toe interogating ISIS prisoners when a puffed up douche bag mama's boy can run rough shod all over her to the point where she is apologizing to HIM?

Kevin looks so out of place that it is almost as if he's wandered in from a whole other show. I didn't need to see Nicole again so soon but it was very disrespectful him sitting their  lounging on the couch and not even trying to see who she was. Speaking of Nicole even was looking at Joshua like he was a lunatic. That was pretty funny.

Love Amy just for her coming up with "he stirred up a whole pot of crazy" I have to use that! Plus she fills out a bikini nice. I was so worried her face would be on the nominations.

I like that Cody is going to target Paul but I can already see it being undone by Matt...he's bought the Paul koolaid and if they let this guy coast to the end again shame on them.

Dude broing up...the BB version of wash, rinse and repeat.

3 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Is it just me, or is Cody a dead ringer for the Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps??  Same dull eyes, although Michael's are probably dull from the chlorine.

I have been thinking he looks like a young Tom Cruise or his cousin...forget what his first name is...Mapother who played Ethan on LOST.

4 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I finally realized who Elena resembles to me...she looks remarkably like the actress Busy Philips, IMO.

Yes, that's what I thought the first night.  

56 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

I have been thinking he looks like a young Tom Cruise or his cousin...forget what his first name is...Mapother who played Ethan on LOST.

Yes, that's all I see.  Someone mentioned it in the ep or the first thread.  William Mapother.  He's got the crazy Ethan Rom/ cousin of Tom Cruise look, totally.  

I think Josh is a plant, hired to play crazy.  

I don't think Kevin's ever seen this show.  

22 hours ago, Mystery said:

I forgot how tiresome it is to watch this show live instead of dvr'ing through the *endless* repetition of what the rules are and rehashes of what we already know. And who thought it would be fun to hear Nicole, who never met a "t" she could pronounce, say "bu-on" and "ro-un" a dozen times, instead of "button" and "rotten"?

I had to hit the mute button. That constant "bu-on" business was making me postal.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm starting to wonder if Kevin has actually seen Big Brother before  He can't be a recruit, can he ?.

I think he is familiar with it because surely at least one out of seven kids watch it.  One of them may have written in about him.  He didn't pay enough attention over the years to know names  but I can see him watching the episodes with them over the years.  He is too at ease not to have a solid understanding of the gist, at least.   He may be faking just  how much he does know.   I can see him doing that. 

Edited by wings707
9 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm starting to wonder if Kevin has actually seen Big Brother before  He can't be a recruit, can he ?.

I like to think he owes the mob money, and he's hiding out where they can't get to him.  The 25 grand will be a good start, but he has to win the rest to get away form the mob. 

• Love 5

There are definitely some very unique personalities this year. I'm guessing there must have been some major change in the casting procedure. Either they got some new people or they got some new directives.

Josh, Kevin and Cody are definitely completely unique types. Never seen anything like them before. And they are not the only ones.

I think it's safe to say this will be a very different kind of season. I think it will either be extremely entertaining or extremely terrible. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, ptuscadero said:

I had to hit the mute button. That constant "bu-on" business was making me postal.

It was interesting that before they brought Nicole on, I couldn't for the life of me remember who was the winner last year. For some reason, she is a highly forgettable character.

• Love 2
(edited)

I like to think he owes the mob money, and he's hiding out where they can't get to him.  The 25 grand will be a good start, but he has to win the rest to get away form the mob.

Hah, that would make a great comedy movie. Guy gets himself recruited by a reality show so he can hide in plain sight and win money to pay back his mob loan and the steadily increasing vig. Eventually some mob guys try to take control of the show behind the scenes but find they're no match for its Machiavellian producers and the TV network bosses. I could see Michael Keaton or Bruce Willis playing Kevin's role.

I think Josh is a plant, hired to play crazy.   

Could be since no one else seems to be filling that slot unless Cody is going to start slowly unraveling. I certainly hope Josh is pretending because otherwise he seems too emotionally fragile to last long in a game where success is generally based on lies, backstabbing, and duplicity.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7

I could see Michael Keaton or Bruce Willis playing Kevin's role.

Or Michael Richards of Seinfeld ... or the guy who George and Jerry wanted to hire to PLAY Kramer in their TV show (the guy who stole the raisins). 

• Love 2
On 6/30/2017 at 10:29 PM, AuntieDiane6 said:

Is it just me, or is Cody a dead ringer for the Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps??  Same dull eyes, although Michael's are probably dull from the chlorine.

And the pot. Don't forget the pot.

• Love 2