Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Season Premiere (Part 2)

• Start Topic

Just now, Callaphera said:

Big Brother hates us. Otherwise they wouldn't have made Nicole say so many double-t words. Guh. I cringed at her patented "I'm soooo exciiiiited". Also? I swear her nostrils got closer together since last season.

Is it me or has that half million dollars made her voice even MORE whiny and nasally? Also, is a bu'in the same thing as a button, i wonder?

• Love 4

. . . Yeah.  Cody knocked the anti-Paul shine off himself pretty quickly tonight for all of the reasons listed above.  The predictable bro alliance that shuts out the not-so-pretty men and women?  Outright telling Megan he doesn't like her?  All well and good, but . . . this is a social game, dude.  I'll still tolerate him for the sake of him getting Paul out, but after that?  He's gotta go himself.

I was really torn about Josh's behavior.  It was unnecessary and, frankly, quite douche-y for him to attack Megan like that for no reason at all.  But at least he realized it himself and even had the self-awareness to call his behavior "unacceptable" (which it was), so . . . I do give him credit for that.  But he is definitely not a stable guy, and his paranoia will wreck several people's games if they don't get him out sooner rather than later.

I loved seeing Raven's hair hanging down in the Diary Room.  Very shiny and beautiful.

I hope Megan can dig her out of this, but the Veto Competition is going to be key.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Is it me or has that half million dollars made her voice even MORE whiny and nasally? Also, is a bu'in the same thing as a button, i wonder?

I'm wondering what a raw-en apple is, myself.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What did MEGAN do to Josh?  I must have missed it.  

1. Josh appears to have some degree of situational awareness, insofar as he has already picked up on the League of Extraordinary Oddballs - either that, or else their alliance efforts are simply really really transparent to everybody else in the House.
  2. Unfortunately for Josh, though, it would appear the number of fucks given by everybody in the House for discussing strategy with Josh is a relatively close approximation of the value zero.  Even Mark wasn't trying to talk game with Josh; Mark was simply trying to talk Josh off his emotional window ledge.
  3. This leaves Josh in the unenviable position of not being able to discuss or sort out his thoughts and suspicions with anybody else - so they keep running around in his head like hamsters on a wheel and building up on themselves.
  4. Josh is also apparently experiencing a crippling level of homesickness - more than a little weird, considering it's Day 2, but there ya go.
  5. All of which apparently leads to near-psychotic bouts of paranoia for Josh - and in such a mindset, any alliance which doesn't include him will automatically equate to a conspiracy against him.

And who's the only currently existing alliance of which Josh is aware...?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Josh is also apparently experiencing a crippling level of homesickness - more than a little weird, considering it's Day 2, but there ya go.

In fairness, they are sequestered in hotel rooms at least a week or two before actually entering the house, so Josh had been away from his family for probably a number of weeks by that time.

• Love 1
(edited)

Is it me, or does Kevin resemble an underpass weathered* Mike Boogie?

Cody - "I feel like we've been on the same page since day one". You mean your alliance goes all the way back to YESTERDAY?!?!?!?

*Thanks to "Sisters" for the reference

Edited by AbsoluteShower
  • Love 11

Josh reminds me of a kid I knew who had some sort of hearing problem (though not total deafness)  that didn't get fixed until he was 10 or so and it left him very socially awkward and he'd have exaggerated reactions to some things.

• Love 1

Like clockwork, the hamsters revert to middle school tactics.  First, the vote out the nerd instead of a comp beast and now they refuse to grasp the threat Paul presents.   Then we got the tribal boys/girls and hot bods grouping.  

I was not happy to see Nicole again.  No ring.  Who could have guessed that???  I did enjoy the super brief reaction to Josh she showed in a super quick edit.  That girl does do good umbrage.

• Love 2

Oh good the Queen of Buh'ins is back. Kill me now. This season is all about how much BB hates us huh?

"I want to be the one that divides the house." Oh yeah Cody, we often hear winners of the game say such things. Likewise in nominations saying "I just don't like you that much."

And btw I know they can't wear logos and such but why does Cody have to black-out his dogtag?

• Love 1

An interesting group overall this go round.  Would like to see Jessica and Cody leave sooner rather than later. Still neutral on most so far, although Dom and Mark are easy to like. Josh is both exhausting and entertaining.

I think Cody is sooooooooo serously dry. He's good looking and will do well in challenges but he isn't giving the DR anything......so far. He also thinks people are attractive are worthy talking to. It's actually funny how he sits there with a straight face and says NOTHING! That's pretty hard to do in the BB House when that's all there is to do. LOL!!!! I would like to see the girls survive the eviction and then turn it around on him next week. So far it's pretty interesting and it's only Week 1.

• Love 1

Josh is a freaking nutbag. Unhinged, for sure. He's a paranoid, arrogant, coddled, rage monster. He's got to go. I know we don't hear everything that is said in the house (unless you're a feed watcher, which I am not), but it really seemed like he took Megan's simple comment about the strong guys being a worry and blew it way out of proportion. That was a dick move, taking the golden apple. He may be safe this week, but he now has a HUGE target on his back. 

I can't help it, I kind of like Cody. I get soooooo tired of the fake-ass nomination speeches - "You're such a good competitor", "I want to see you win the Veto", blah, blah, blah. Dude straight up said, "I just don't really like you". BAM. I kind of felt for Meghan, but I had to appreciate his no nonsense attitude. I also like that he doesn't want to hold court in his HOH room. He's just going to sit there and eat his cereal and stare at you. 

I have to say, Megan does not impress upon me the image of a skilled interrogator. 

I think I blacked out during Nicole's segments. 

• Love 7

In watching the intros on the first night, I would call out, "I hate him/her" or "I'm gonna like him/her". Well when they showed Cody face-timing with his daughter, I thought "military, single-doting-dad", yep, "I'm gonna like this guy". Well not-so-much now that we've seen a little bit of his true personality (or what he's showing us anyway). The blank stares and silence. He could say SOMETHING...even if it's a lie...SOMETHING to play a little bit of a social game. The "Megan, I nominated you because I just don't like you that much"...REALLY? What a moron. And, I really need to rewatch him face-timing with his daughter because now in retrospect, I feel like maybe he was kind of monotone with her too. 

Just not liking him and really disappointed in Mark & Matt for falling in line with him so enthusiastically.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

. . . Yeah.  Cody knocked the anti-Paul shine off himself pretty quickly tonight for all of the reasons listed above.  The predictable bro alliance that shuts out the not-so-pretty men and women? 

While I don't always like the people involved, Bro Alliances don't necessarily bother me. I think it's natural for people to want to work with those they have the most in common with. Same reason why Ramses, Megan, Alex, and Jillian instantly gravitated towards each other. And that happened before Matt, Mark, and Luke....I mean Cody (sorry, they sound like apostles)....joined forces. So it wasn't like, "outcast alliance by default". 

I get more annoyed by the girls who sidle up to the Bro Alliances, knowing the boys will always come before them, instead of forming their own group.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Thalia said:

Well, shucks, don't you have a purty mouth, Jason.  And now, let's see you squeal like a pig.  

As for Josh, there are no words.  I read on another site that he "has the potential for crazy."  YA THINK?   But his selfishness helped Kevin dodge a bullet, as he wasn't forced to throw the comp, which I really suspect would have been done in a clumsy fashion.  In any event, Josh should be fun to watch on the feeds for the one week he'll be around.   And did I miss something?  Did Megan say anything negative about him?  Before now, I mean, because I'm surprised she doesn't scream when she sees him and realizes they are alone together in a room. 

And the more Cody talked the less I liked him.  Despite his talk about wanting the team that was strong and "wouldn't break," it looked to me like he was gravitating toward the jocks and cheerleaders, and dismissing the "outsiders," as he put it.  Asshat.

I was wondering the same thing about Megan saying anything negative.  I was confused by that scene.  Josh is an asshole and needs to go with his paranoia.  Agree that I also felt that way about Cody.  Seemed to me that he is playing the game as a military campaign.   It felt that way when he was describing the 3 circles and he decided who the outsiders (enemies) were.  I also thought he was mean telling Megan he picked her because he didn't like her. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

In watching the intros on the first night, I would call out, "I hate him/her" or "I'm gonna like him/her". Well when they showed Cody face-timing with his daughter, I thought "military, single-doting-dad", yep, "I'm gonna like this guy". Well not-so-much now that we've seen a little bit of his true personality (or what he's showing us anyway). The blank stares and silence. He could say SOMETHING...even if it's a lie...SOMETHING to play a little bit of a social game. The "Megan, I nominated you because I just don't like you that much"...REALLY? What a moron. And, I really need to rewatch him face-timing with his daughter because now in retrospect, I feel like maybe he was kind of monotone with her too. 

When they showed him face-timing with his daughter, my first thought was "couldn't she have been at his home for that afternoon?" It was a unique occasion, and I'm sure his ex would have understood (if they're on good terms.) Interacting with the daughter, instead of a shotgun, would have endeared him to the audience. 

• Love 2

I don't mind Cody... at this point  -- steely- eyed yes  but at least he's not jumping over chairs, pushing his dick in into everyone's faces, but if he starts to creep me out,  I'll just remember Frankie Grande,  that sparkly turd who made me reach for the mute button more times than not. 

• Love 2

And btw I know they can't wear logos and such but why does Cody have to black-out his dogtag?

There's probably information on it that he doesn't want to get out because of identity theft. However, seems to me an easier solution would be for him just not to wear it on camera. Perhaps it's become a talisman of sorts for him and he never takes it off even though he's no longer active duty military.

(edited)

Maybe if Cody wins, he can use the money for surgery to remove the stick from his ass. Does he have any sense of humour whatsoever? I'm pretty sure the only time we saw him smile was when he was talking about Jessica's boobs. I disliked him from his intro package when he said he was a single parent. Dude, if you're in the military and then spending 3 months in the Big Brother house, is your kid home alone? There is a big difference between being a single man with a kid and being a single parent. Sorry...personal pet peeve, I know. But it made me dislike him from the beginning and now I feel justified in my pre-hate. What a douche. 

Count me in as one of the people who enjoys Paul's antics in small doses. He can be an ass sometimes, like when he called Michelle a c*nt, but then he gives us comedic gold like slowly eating his Cheetos in the middle of a huge fight.

Josh isn't long for this game. He's like a combination of Jozea and Devin, which would probably be highly entertaining except he's also got a touch of Audrey in him and that kind of meltdown just isn't fun to watch.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I disliked him from his intro package when he said he was a single parent. Dude, if you're in the military and then spending 3 months in the Big Brother house, is your kid home alone? There is a big difference between being a single man with a kid and being a single parent. Sorry...personal pet peeve, I know.

This! Thank you! Ugh, that really grinds my gears.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Thalia said:

And did I miss something?  Did Megan say anything negative about him?  Before now, I mean, because I'm surprised she doesn't scream when she sees him and realizes they are alone together in a room. 

And the more Cody talked the less I liked him.  Despite his talk about wanting the team that was strong and "wouldn't break," it looked to me like he was gravitating toward the jocks and cheerleaders, and dismissing the "outsiders," as he put it.  Asshat.

Apparently, Megan turned out to be way more of a mess.

From what I've seen of the so-called "outsiders" - I also would not have picked a lot of them.  Several are loose cannons and others aren't strong in competitions.

And just because someone has the stereotype "jock" and "cheerleader" title, doesn't mean they aren't smart and strong competitors.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 1

I like Megan, I was impressed how she was able to pivot and keep her cool while handling Josh's accusations.  She immediately caught herself starting to argue and switched to playing one down to deescalate him. 

BUT I think she's playing too hard out of the gate.  In this game, especially if you're female, at the beginning you need to keep it light and fun and flirty.  I don't see her having fun and goofing off with people, which can go along way to getting people to want to keep you.

I am also someone who doesn't hate Paul. Don't get me wrong, he annoys the shit out of me, but I think he's a fantastic player. 

Please can Nicole use some of her winnings for a few sessions with a speech pathologist, hell even an acting coach who can work on her diction.  All those double Ts

Watching the whole Cody and Megan HOH talk last night - Mrs Boiler says - hey that's a male version of my wife...so I guess I know how I would be viewed on BB now.   

BB needs to give Josh his meds back  - he's a hot mess.

Hopefully those 10 minutes of Nicole are all that we have to endure - it was 10 minutes more than I ever cared to see her again.

Maybe if Cody wins, he can use the money for surgery to remove the stick from his ass.

Yep.

My favorite comment about Cody so far from another BB forum: "I think there may be a special chip in his head that the government forgot to remove..."

• Love 11

Kevin has no idea what show he is on, does he?  I wonder if his claim to be a "stay at home dad"  (and aren't his kids teens and young adults?)  is really "chronically unemployed"  and he heard that he could make money on BB, so he agreed, having no idea what to expect. 

Nicole's nasal voice, and her odd pronunciation of certain words, bugs the hell out of me.  Every time she told them to "hit the button"  and pronounced it "bu - on"  I cringed.  Is she going away soon?

12 hours ago, ptuscadero said:

I think he's about one step away from climbing a clock tower with a high-powered rifle.

And he'll aim for the obviously untrustworthy "outsiders" (meaning uglies) first.

I hate to tell him, I don't trust anyone whose head is the exact same width as their neck.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, llewis823 said:

Just not liking him and really disappointed in Mark & Matt for falling in line with him so enthusiastically.

I think Cody has an almost total inability to fake positive social interaction - surprising for a jarhead, I know, but there ya go.

On the flip side of that: unless you're as self-delusional as Paul, you always know exactly where you stand with Cody - whether you want to or not.  And the likelihood of Cody being caught in a lie is virtually nil because he feels no need for even the littlest of white lies, even to spare someone's feelings.

11 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

According to his biography, the three adjectives that he uses to describe himself are: Confident, charming, and sweet.

I'm sure Cody is a total fucking prince - by Marine Corps standards, anyway.  :D

• Love 4

Re Josh, in addition to Nashville's in-depth analysis, there was also the moment he considered maybe he was getting his vibes directly from God.  And I thought it was a little bit alarming when he reanimated back on Planet Earth and had to ask Kevin "Did I use bad words?" 

Finally, Megan was a good sport to be so gracious about that apology.  Josh incinerated her in front of their entire community--please go bone up on the expression "clearing the air," brain trust--and then he gave her a little poor mouth "sorry" in private. 

I feel sorry for Megan.  Geez, she not only gets nominated because Robocop doesn't like her, but the other woman gets nominated because she's friendly with Megan.  Between Josh and Cody, that's a LOT of piling on that Megan didn't deserve, all in the first 48 hours.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

From what I've seen of the so-called "outsiders" - I also would not have picked a lot of them.  Several are loose cannons and others aren't strong in competitions.

I feel like I must have missed something, how are several of them loose cannons? Because they're not in his alliance? As for him not choosing them because they're not strong in competitions, there had only been 2 comps so far and none of his Bros and Babes won either of them. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Thalia said:

And did I miss something?  Did Megan say anything negative about him?  

Regarding Megan... (doesn't that sound like the name of an after-school special?  But I digress....)

At this point in time Megan appears to be a textbook case of the wide divergence between what actually happens in the House, and what gets broadcast.  And I don't think much more can be said about that at present.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I feel like I must have missed something, how are several of them loose cannons? Because they're not in his alliance? As for him not choosing them because they're not strong in competitions, there had only been 2 comps so far and none of his Bros and Babes won either of them. 

Gillian was the 1st to fall from the 1st comp and Ramses messed up the win for his team. 

But it's not just only about the comps.  As noted, there seems to be a wide divergence between what actually happens in the House and what gets broadcast.  And Megan was really a good example of that.

Yes but whatever happened with Megan happened after Cody had already chosen his alliance members. And Alex, the outcast, finished 2nd in the first comp. I'm gonna go with the simplest answer: Cody is a superficial meathead. YMMV.

• Love 5

Cody's military life has done a number on him 

It's just as likely he was this way before he ever entered the military. He probably joined up in the first place because it was a legal way for him to kill people.

But at least he realized it himself and even had the self-awareness to call his behavior "unacceptable"

No, Josh wasn't compelled to self-asses until after Kevin told him he was acting scary. I think Kevin is potentially the best stabilizing force for Josh because he seems dependent on a parent figure, given all the crying.

Is it me, or does Kevin resemble an underpass weathered* Mike Boogie?

I think he kind of looks like Robert Herjavec, late of "Shark Tank" and "Dancing with the Stars." His goofy hair is totally distracting, though.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

Is the grey-haired guy wearing a nicotine patch or covering a tattoo, does anyone know?

Matt's covering a tattoo, I assume. It was a bandage. Much too small to be a nicotine patch, unless they've been making them a lot smaller since the last time I used one. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Skycatcher said:

Watching a couple of the gals hop around, there's a lot of bounce in those ounces.  Makes me wonder if they're fake or not.

Amazement my eyes beheld (in a couple of cases, anyway), but wonderment not.

• Love 1

Not sure Cody deserves all the in-depth analysis, to me he just appears to be a standard-issue dudebro asshole.  And look, he's putting together his own little Mean Girls alliance, how special!

I had hoped, after the negative fan reactions a coupla summers ago, that the producers had figure out that viewers aren't entertained by psychos. Guess not, eh, Josh?

And I must be nuts, Nicole doesn't bother me at all.

• Love 2

what a difference a day makes.  I liked Cody after episode one.  Thought his detached analysis was funny.  Then, as others have pointed out, he turns into a typical DUDE.  Now sounds ambivalent about Paul.  Apparently, doesn't want to get to even know about the "outsiders".  His second tier are the BABES.  Then it was so unnecessary to say what he did to Megan, especially after watching what she endured from Josh.  After Megan trying to talk to him, he goes in DR and says he hates people who beg.  What is she supposed to do?  If she does nothing, does he say he doesn't like people willing to fight for their spot?  

I had such hopes for him, but apparently he's ruled by his nether regions like many before him.  Can only hope Jessica plays him.  She was a VIP hostess, she knows how to get man to do things.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, watch2much said:

After Megan trying to talk to him, he goes in DR and says he hates people who beg.  What is she supposed to do?  If she does nothing, does he say he doesn't like people willing to fight for their spot?  

Exactly! He decided to treat her like shit and nothing was going to change his mind. There was nothing she could have said to him that he wouldn't have twisted around. Also, he was so rude to her and for no reason whatsoever, except to exercise his power, i.e., wave his dick around.

Edited by Gummo
  • Love 4

Ok BB newbie here so, if I sound stupid that's why.

Paul seems really duchey to me. I can't believe the house is falling for his S***.

Why is everyone yelling in the diary room? Don't they wear mics or have mics around constantly?

Even as a newbie I love how Kevin is so detached from it all. Everyone was losing their minds over Nicole and he didn't even really know who she was. I wonder how he was even cast. I know that he probably won't last long but, I still find him endearing.

There's really big "BRO" vibe in this house.

Ramesses, I really want to like you but, you need to calm the F*** down.

Are all of the challenges going to involve apples? That could get boring and repetitive real fast.

It's day 2 Josh and you being a homesick paranoid psycho isn't helping you. Seriously dude WTF? As soon as that golden apple safety net is gone guess who's probably going home.

I didn't mind Cody in part one but, now he seems like an ass.

• Love 4

I have always thought the very best seasons are the ones where one or more of the houseplants are straight-up crazy.

Remember Frankie the crazy nutbar? This season we have Josh. I can't even begin to describe everything I think is wrong with him or else I'll get a warning and I'll get into trouble with the mods.

Why? Because I think there are a few things about him that can only be described with language that is not tolerated on this board. Lemme just say, "straight-up nutbar". I just hope he doesn't wind up doing any serious harm to any of the other HGs.  IMO, that is a real possibility.

But in the meantime, I really hope he stays in the house for a while because he is bound to provide us with all kinds of wonderful entertainment.

I just hope the show runners know enough to pull him out before he does any harm to anyone. What a mess!

• Love 1